Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Waiting...(public)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ineluctability

Ineluctability

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 5:33 pm

I walk in the arena, drawing my bow. I start hitting targets. At first the arrows don't hit the center, but after about five tries one hits dead center. I whoop loudly, and it echoes. Being Apollo, I am good at archery. But what I really want to do is try sword fighting. I keep hitting targets, hoping that someone will come in and sword fight with me.
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Walking in to the arena i stood and looked around. the layout was fairly standard for what an arena should be. there was only one other person here. a girl shooting targets. she wasnt very good at it either.
Back to top Go down
Ineluctability

Ineluctability

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:17 pm

I hear footsteps. "Hi," I say. "I'm Sabrena."

OOT: Is your kid a boy or girl?
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 2:55 pm

OOC: a boy
"nice to meet you," i say, "what are you doing here?" i ask.
Back to top Go down
Ineluctability

Ineluctability

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 3:00 pm

"Waiting for someone else to show up," I laugh. "Are you good at sword fighting? I'm new, so I've never held a sword before."
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 3:04 pm

"i am a master swordsfighter, and one of the few left in all of japan." i say.
Back to top Go down
Ineluctability

Ineluctability

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 3:09 pm

I raise my eyebrows. "Oh really. Well maybe you can help me out." Then I let out an exasperated sigh. "I was waiting for you to take the initiative and introduce yourself, but I guess not. What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 3:37 pm

i sigh and hesitate "i was shimoko." i say. then, "I'd be happy to teach you. but not with that weapon. i do not know the ways of the xyphos(sword of the greeks) only the katana(sword of the japanese)."
Back to top Go down
Ineluctability

Ineluctability

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:33 pm

"Was?" I ask bluntly. Some people might think that was prying, but I was oblivious to that. "Japanese sword fighting...." I trail off, then grin. "Sounds awesome. Where do we start?"
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:40 pm

"you need a shinai. its a type of practice sword." i say avoiding the first question. "here you can use mine" i say tossing her one.
Back to top Go down
Ineluctability

Ineluctability

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:42 pm

I grab it out of the air, surprising myself of my agility. "I'm not gonna say anything about the "was" part," I stated. "But what do you want me to call you? Shimoko?"
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:43 pm

"call me sensei pupil." i say simply and authoratatively.
Back to top Go down
Ineluctability

Ineluctability

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:46 pm

"Sensei?" I say. "Alright." I am surprised at how he is holding up. Usually if I am blunt with people they shut down, or get angry. I swish the sword around experimentally.
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:55 pm

"lets see your skill. come at me," i say. i hum a note and a butterfly flys over to my hand instantly transforming into a wooden shinai.
Back to top Go down
Ineluctability

Ineluctability

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:04 pm

I slash forward, the blade making a swiping noise through the air. Every muscle in my body is tensed and ready.
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:22 pm

i sidestep easily and swat my "pupil" lightly on the back. "you're too aggresive. calm down" i say.
Back to top Go down
Ineluctability

Ineluctability

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:48 pm

I laugh. "That's what people say. I climbed the climbing wall too fast and got this." I pushed up my sleeve and showed him the large red scab.
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:49 pm

I hit her again, probably giving her a fresher bruise. "and dont get distracted." i say.
Back to top Go down
Ineluctability

Ineluctability

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:52 pm

"Okay, okay." I say. "Concentration is not one of my best points." I take a breath. "Okay, I'm ready."
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:54 pm

doing a flurry of feints and slashes i give her three hard whacks on both arms and on the back. "you're hardly ready. first lesson: watch your opponent. think about his moves before he makes them and only then can you counter them."
Back to top Go down
Ineluctability

Ineluctability

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:28 pm

I flinch slightly, but I am tough. "Okay," I say. "So I watch your body and judge which move you are going to make by looking at how your body is posistioned."
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 2:51 pm

"about right," i say i make a series of motions, positions, and strikes to give her an idea of what motions to look out for.
Back to top Go down
Ineluctability

Ineluctability

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:20 pm

I watch carefully as he demonstrates, concentrating hard.
Back to top Go down
dyingbreath-XIII

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:41 pm

i give her a hard smack on the shoulder. "lesson two:never let your gaurd down. even when the battle is over."
Back to top Go down
Ineluctability

Ineluctability

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:27 pm

"Even if your opponent is lying dead on the ground?" I ask.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Waiting...(public) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting...(public)   Waiting...(public) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waiting...(public)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next