Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Just Another Odd Day in Camp

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

Just Another Odd Day in Camp Empty
PostSubject: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:27 pm

I walked into the Amphitheatre and looked around. It sure was beautiful. I saw a grand piano and walked over to it. I started playing a piece I was working on and sang along with it in Greek. My mother gave me the idea.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:33 pm

I stopped by the Amphitheater, hearing a piano and someone singing in Greek. I hesitated a moment before I stepped inside. I leaned against a wall, my arms crossed as I studied the boy. My stormy blue eyes were lined with amusement. "Do you always play that well? Or just when no one's watching?" I asked with a goofy grin. I brushed my red hair from my face. My falcon Xanthus was perched on my shoulder. He gave a loud squawk and it echoed through the room. She glanced over at Xanthus and rolled my eyes, patting his head. 'I'm fine Xanthus...you're free to explore,' I told him telepathically. Although he couldn't speak back to me, he could understand what I thought. Xanthus gave a nod of his head and flapped his wings, rising into the air. He circled around a few times before flying out of the building and into the forest.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:37 pm

"Sweet mother of the Titans! You scared me." I said jumping up from the piano bench my face turning bright red. "Well my mom is Euterpe so I kinda am pretty good if I say so myself."
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:41 pm

I chuckled lightly, shaking my head. "Scared by a fourteen year old girl? Well...that's something I haven't heard before," I said, my voice dripping with its usual sarcasm. After a moment I shrugged my shoulders, finding amusement in the silver sparks that danced around my finger tips. I let a light breeze blow through the building. It whistled and howled softly before it faded away along with the sparks. I then turned my gaze back to the boy with a grin. "I've heard worse I suppose. Mostly from me," I stated.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:43 pm

"Well sing then." I said sitting down at the piano. "I'll play."
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:46 pm

I laughed, shaking my head. "No.." I said simply. After a moment I averted my gaze, staring out a window. "I don't enjoy making a fool of myself for my lack of musical skills," I explained. Although, I knew it wasn't true. Everyone always said I had a great voice. But I hated it. It wasn't smooth and sweet like Aurora's or other Apollo children. It had this...rough texture to it that made it sound like I should be singing blue grass or country. So, I refrained from singing to keep from hearing myself.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:15 pm

"Chicken." I teased.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:17 pm

I frowned, narrowing my blue eyes. "Fine, pick a song. If I know it...I'll sing. If I don't then I won't sing and you won't bug me about it. One song...one chance," I said, walking towards him with a grin. I silently wished he wouldn't pick a song I knew. I was a big fan of both classic rock and musical tunes. My style in music varied quite a bit, but hopefully he wouldn't be able to choose something I knew.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:24 pm

I thought for a moment then walked over to an electric guitar and amp sitting on the stage from the last play. I plugged in the amp and turned it up. I tuned the guitar expertly. And started to play Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:31 pm

I cursed under my breath, clenching my fists. I knew that song. I mean...who didn't? Although, a small grin played across my face. "I'm going to get you for this," I said before I walked over to him, grabbed a microphone and started singing.

"Deep down Louisiana close to New Orleans
Way back up in the woods among the evergreens
There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood
Where lived a country boy named Johnny B. Goode
Who never ever learned to read or write so well
But he could play the guitar just like a ringing a bell"

My voice was rough and full of texture. I shut my eyes tightly. It wasn't that I was a bad singer, I just hated the tone of my voice. My rough, yet hypnotizing voice, rang throughout the Amphitheater. I glanced over at him briefly before I continued the song.

"Go go
Go Johnny go
Go
Go Johnny go
Go
Go Johnny go
Go
Go Johnny go
Go
Johnny B. Goode

He used to carry his guitar in a gunny sack
Go sit beneath the tree by the railroad track
Oh, the engineerswould see him sitting in the shade
Strumming with the rhythm that the drivers made
People passing by they would stop and say
Oh my that little country boy could play

Go go
Go Johnny go
Go
Go Johnny go
Go
Go Johnny go
Go
Go Johnny go
Go
Johnny B. Goode

His mother told him "Someday you will be a man,
And you will be the leader of a big old band.
Many people coming from miles around
To hear you play your music when the sun go down
Maybe someday your name will be in lights
Saying Johnny B. Goode tonight."

Go go
Go Johnny go
Go go go Johnny go
Go go go Johnny go
Go go go Johnny go
Go
Johnny B. Goode"

I finished the last chorus, letting the last note ring. I pulled the microphone away from my mouth and glared at Wesley. "Happy?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:39 pm

"Yeah right, that was damn straight good." I said with a laugh hitting a chord to possibly scare her.

Last edited by St Roxanne on Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:41 pm

I glanced over at him, studying him a moment before I wrapped up the microphone cord. "I did say that...and I don't think I can," I answered simply.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:45 pm

"Hey that was good so don't push your luck miss." I said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:47 pm

I raised an eyebrow, a small grin playing on my face. "Don't call me miss. I'm Penelope, Daughter of Zeus," I said.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:51 pm

"Oh." I realized I hadn't known her name before and she didn't know mine. "I'm Wesley O'Neil, son of Euterpe, Muse of Music."
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:54 pm

I smiled faintly, nodding my head. "Which probably explains the musical talent," I said. I watched Xanthus fly back into the building and land on my arm. He stared at me and I nodded my head. 'Yes...I sang,' I told him through our mind connection. I looked back over at Wesley, extending the arm Xanthus was perched on. "This is my Falcon, Xanthus," I stated.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:55 pm

"Ack!" I yelled and jumped away.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:59 pm

I laughed, shaking my head. "Relax...he's friendly," I reassured with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:00 pm

"No I hate birds!" I said staring at the bird with digust written on my expression.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:03 pm

Xanthus gave an irritated squawk. I stroked his feathers, calming him down. I then looked over at Wesley, a confused look on my face. "Why? He's never hurt anyone...He doesn't even dig his talons into my arm," I said. I didn't know how anyone could hate birds. They were beautiful creatures. I fly around in the sky, my father's domain. I always wanted to fly. But...not on any pegasi. I wasn't a fan of horses and they didn't much care for me.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:07 pm

"I just had a bad expirence with them." I said taking off my shirt revealing a toned body but most importantly the long jagged scar, where I was ripped open, going from the top of my shoulder down to my lower abodomen.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:14 pm

My cheeks flushed a light pink, but it quickly faded as I saw his scar. I frowned. "Did a bird so that to you?" I asked. Xanthus stared at the scar with almost a look of pity in his blue eyes. The odd thing about Xanthus and me...he had whatever emotions I did. It's a part of that whole "Mind Connection" thing.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:19 pm

"No a dog did it to me." My voice sarcastic, "Yeah a bird did it to me." I said thinking of the damn bird, "It was a mythical bird though," I took her hand and put it on the part of the skin that wasn't scarred, "See this part of my skin is normal feeling right?" I moved her hand along the ridges of the scars. "See now these scars are cold feeling."
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:26 pm

I blushed a bit, but I did feel the difference. "What bird was it?" I asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:29 pm

"I don't know." I was still holding her hand on my chest. I quickly dropped it in embarassment. "Sorry about that, I didn't mean to drop that all on you, heavy stuff that is."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Odd Day in Camp   Just Another Odd Day in Camp I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Another Odd Day in Camp
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next