Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

meow -- bren

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

meow -- bren Empty
PostSubject: meow -- bren   meow -- bren I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan lets out a sigh as he turns his head to look around his cabin. He's unsurprisingly the only person still in his cabin. Lately he's been staying up all night reading, so by the time he wakes up everyone has left for their activities. Today isn't any different, except Finnegan does notice a large folded piece of paper on his nightstand. That's odd, it's probably just someone reminding him to eat. Sighing he stretches his arm to grab it. Opening the paper he is shocked to see that it's a note, from Toby asking him to meet him in the courtyard.

To say he's nervous is an understatement, Finnegan hasn't spent any large periods of time with Toby since the zoo and he's a bit nervous. Yet, he's filled with excitement at the same time because Toby actually wants to see him. Jumping up, Finnegan practically runs to the bathroom where he takes a shower and gets ready. He then pulls on a fresh set of clothing, before checking himself out in the mirror. Even after a shower his hair is a mess, so he lazily combs through it and after a few strokes he gives up. He then heads back to his bunk where he slides on a pair of shoes.

Grabbing a book, he slowly makes his way to the courtyard. The note didn't specify a time, so he figures he might as well bring something to do in case he has to wait. When he reaches the courtyard, Finnegan searches for Toby but doesn't see him. So he sits down on a bench and opens his book. Stretching out on the bench, he begins to read. He stays like this for a while, slowly becoming unaware to the world around him. He doesn't notice Toby approaching until he hears footsteps. Looking up, he nervously smiles at his boyfriend. "H-hey"he says quietly as he closes his book and stands up. He then awkwardly stands there unsure what to do. Should he hug Toby?
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

meow -- bren Empty
PostSubject: Re: meow -- bren   meow -- bren I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 10:12 pm

Son of Hecate

He really hoped that he had done something right. In his eyes, there were two ways this could go. Finnegan could love it, or Finnegan could hate it. Actually, Toby's mind was leaning more towards the likelihood of option 2. He was taking such a huge leap after an argument that it might be defined as insane what he was doing. He just had an idea, and rode the impulse to fulfill that idea. Yeah, he was definitely crazy.
"Mew," came a little sound on top of Toby's bed. Toby swirled around, redirecting his gaze from the mirror and onto the little ball of fur on his comforter. He had put on a plain red shirt with the sleeves rolled up and some jeans, a bit of a difference as opposed to his usual outfit. But it didn't look bad, so he stuck with it.

"Sh," he hushed in the softest voice possibly. "Try not to make too much sound, it'll spoil the surprise," he smiled. Opening one flap on a wicker picnic basket that was next to the kitten, Toby delicately lifted and lowered the animal down into the basket. "I'm sorry, I promise, you only have to be there for a little while," Toby said, as if it understood. He probably would look crazy if anyone were in the room with him. "You can go to sleep, it will be nice and cozy in there," he whispered. He then closed the flap of the basket and gingerly lifted the handle.

On the way to the cabin courtyard, Toby's mind was having a battle with itself still about whether or not this was a good idea. On one hand, this new kitten that he had bought for Finnegan could be too soon after his previous cat's death. He might see it as an insult, trying to replace Cap. But there was always luck that Finn would love it. That side was losing the battle.

When he arrived at the cabin courtyard, he was Finn waiting for him. He delicately moved the basket behind his back before approaching.

"Hey," Toby breathed, heart pounding in his chest. Oh gods, he though. Oh gods Oh gods Oh gods. "H-how are you?"

Created by Blitzy of Caution 2.0

Last edited by Kol Mikaelson on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

meow -- bren Empty
PostSubject: Re: meow -- bren   meow -- bren I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 6:46 pm

\

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Feeling slightly uncomfortable, Finnegan reaches up to scratch the back of his neck, lifting up his shirt in the process. He then tugs at his shirt with his other hand. He then watches as Toby approaches. He notices that he is walking rather awkwardly, his hands behind his back. He knits his eye brows together in confusion as he watches. It's rather odd, but not odd enough for him to ask why he is doing it. Plus Finnegan does not really care, it was just an observation.

Biting his lip Finnegan looks down at Toby. But almost immediately his face breaks out into a wide grin. Even when he's nervous, Finn can not help but smile when he's in Toby's presence. "Hey"he repeats with a small smile as he steps closer to the boy. He gently presses his lips against his for a quick peck, before stepping back.

A small smile still on his face, Finnegan observes Toby. He can see the outline of what looks like a picnic basket behind his back and raises his eyebrow. After the incident at their last picnic, he hopes Toby would know better than to have another picnic. He would rather not have a repeat of the last time. "So"he says as he swings his leg back and forth, a sign of how awkward he feels. "Your note said you wanted to meet me"he adds before mentally slapping himself, well duh Toby would know that after all he wrote it. "What did you want to talk about? Or do? Or well just why did you want to meet?"he mumbles, correcting himself as he says the wrong thing. Conversation has never been his strong point, but he's usually better than this. He's just so nervous, he doesn't want a repeat of the zoo. Biting his lip he watches Toby waiting for him to speak.
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

meow -- bren Empty
PostSubject: Re: meow -- bren   meow -- bren I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 2:53 pm

Son of Hecate

It was a little shocking when Finn greeted him with a kiss. They had had another fight, after all. It was ridiculous how often the two bickered. But Finn had tried to mend it with stuffed animals. Toby's solution wasn't too far off, just without the stuffed part. He tried to play off the kiss like nothing, but his pink cheeks probably gave away his nonchalant cover.-up.

Toby's heart began to pound as he drew on the strength to reveal his surprise to Finn. They hadn't spoken for a while, and it felt good to see his face. He didn't really want to risk this moment, since it was already pretty perfect.

"Yeah," he breathed. "I... I wanted to give you this... It's totally crazy..." Toby brought the picnic basket in front of him. He held it up between them and opened up the front flap. Right on cue, a furry head plopped out of the opening and into the light. The grey-haired kitten gave a small yawn as its large eyes peered out at the world around them. "I-" Toby began. Upon seeing the kitten in front of Finnegan, his brain began to flip out. "This is such a bad idea," he breathed, feeling a panic attack rising in his chest.

"I- I don't know it was kind of just a surge of whimsy a-and I know you lost cap and I just thought that maybe we could have a cat together, but it's like a huge commitment or whatever and- oh my god I'm sorry I can take it back," Toby said, without a single breath.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

meow -- bren Empty
PostSubject: Re: meow -- bren   meow -- bren I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 2:28 pm

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan shoves his hands into the pockets of his jacket to avoid nervously taping them against his leg. To say he's nervous would be the biggest understatement, he's terrified. After everything that's happened between him and Toby recently, he's afraid to see what might happen. Especially if it's worse, if that's even possible that is. Resorting to biting his lip, he looks over at Toby and watches him. He's noticed the boy has been acting rather oddly, but he's not going to ask. After all it's probably because he's uncomfortable.

When Toby says he wants to give him something, Finnegan knits his eyebrows together in confusion as he watches his boyfriend. What could he possibly want to give him? He doesn't deserve anything, except maybe a punch in the face. But he doubts that Toby would do that. So he focuses on intently watching Toby, waiting to see what the boy wants to give him. When he finally sees his present, Finnegan is shocked. For a few minutes he stands there staring, before his face breaks out into a wild smile.

"He's perfect!"Finnegan exclaims as he rushes forward to scoop the kitten out of Toby's hands. Cradling the kitten in his arms, Finnegan smiles widely as he scratches under it's chin. "Hi little guy"he whispers, "You're so cute"he adds. After the death of Captain America, Finnegan has had a hard time feeling the void. But now thanks to Toby, he no longer has to worry.

"He's perfect Toby"Finnegan says with a smile as he looks up at his boyfriend, "Absolutely perfect"he adds before looking down at the kitten. "What should I name you?"he muses as he searches his brain for possible names. He knows of course that he has to continue the superhero theme, or at the very least Marvel. "Bucky?"he ponders, "Perhaps, or there's always Thor"he says as he stares down at the kitten. "What do you think?"his words are directed towards Toby, but he continues to look down at the kitten. 
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

meow -- bren Empty
PostSubject: Re: meow -- bren   meow -- bren I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 2:49 pm

Son of Hecate

Tobias held his breath until a smile cracked onto Finn's lips. Suddenly, the sun shined properly. The breeze flowed freely. His breathing engaged normality. The risk proved to pay off, one of Toby's many weights simply thrown off of his shoulders. He was so glad that Finn liked it that he, himself, craked a wide grin as well.

Toby handed over the kitten. He wouldn't have been able to keep it from Finn if he had tried, for Finn seemed intent on its possession. The kitten was a little bit dazed at first, as anything would be after suddenly emerging into a world of light and then being transferred around so quickly. However, once it was securely in Finnegan's arms, it was obviously content with him. It's eyes squinted into small horizontal lines and made a small peep of pleasure at having its chin scratched.

Toby watched the two revel in their newly founded companionship for a moment. It seemed that a new cat was exactly what the boy needed to get his spirits back up. In light of past events, the kitten was a savior. It deserved a godly name.

"Thor sounds good to me," Toby mused, however not wanting to admit that he had no idea who Bucky was. Seemed like a silly name for a cat. He didn't want to let another slip of stupidity out, though, due to what happened with his last.

"I have some things back at my cabin to go along with it," Toby said, though he wasn't convinced that Finnegan heard him. The boy's eyes were focused on the kitten, and had been ever since they made visual contact. "I've got some cat food and some food and water dishes. I also have one of those feather toys, but that's about it."

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

meow -- bren Empty
PostSubject: Re: meow -- bren   meow -- bren I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 10:51 pm

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
"But then I could name you Barry"Finn says as he tilts his ehad to the side, watching the kitten. "Are you a Barry or a Thor?"he asks it, even though he knows it can't speak to him. He wishes it could, that would be freaking awesome. Yet as it can't, he's stuck picking it's name himself. Biting his lip he continues to stare at the kitten. The naming is important because once he picks it he can't change it.

"Ugh!"he exclaims as he lets out a frustrated groan. "I can't decide!"he adds as he continues to stare at the kitten. Thor would be a pretty cool cat name, but then Barry just seems to be made for a cat. It's so conflicting, he honestly has no clue how to decide. So instead he turns to Toby. "You should pick"he tells his boyfriend, "You're the one who got him, it's only right"he says with a small grin. He just hopes Toby understands that he'd like it to be either Barry or Thor, but he might be able to live with another name, might.

With that, Finn turns back to the kitten. He becomes so distracted playing with it, that he doesn't really hear Toby speaking. He hears something about food and a toy? "Oh yeah yeah that's good, I have stuff from Cap"he says as he gently places the kitten on the ground in front of him as he lays down on his stomach. "You're so cute"he whispers as the kitten begins to climb on him. Finnegan is so excited, he loves kittens.
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

meow -- bren Empty
PostSubject: Re: meow -- bren   meow -- bren I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 12:15 am

Son of Hecate

Toby watched as Finn had a sort of internal struggle on the name of his cat. Honestly, he didn't really care what Finn named the cat, as long as it made him happy. Thor sounded cool enough to Toby, and he couldn't really understand what would be so important about the name Barry, but it must have had significance if it rivaled another name. Personally, if Toby had to name a cat, those three names that Finn picked out would have come to Toby's head immediately. Still, it was Finn's cat, Toby was giving it to him, so he had no room to judge.

"Name it Thor," Toby said, sounding decisive, but really wanting to get over this detail. "Thor sounds strong and it fits a cat better than Barry," he explained. Watching the boy, Toby realized that he probably wasn't even heard. Finnegan was so completely absorbed in the cat that he didn't even notice Toby. At first, he found it a little cute, watching the boy's face contort as he adored the kitten, but soon Toby found himself ignored. He didn't want to interrupt, because, after-all, Toby was the one who bought the cat for him. Still...

"Hey, Finn," Toby interjected, stepping forward. He bit his lip thoughtfully. He wanted some way to express his sentiment to Finn, besides the cat. It seemed difficult, but Toby eventually came up with something which seemed ordinary, but carried great meaning. He moved froward and wrapped his arms around the mid-torso of Finn's, and pulled him close in a strict hug, careful that Finn's arms were free to hold the kitten.

"I love you, okay? Never forget that," he said, his head sideways on the boy's chest, with his ear pressed up against the heart.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

meow -- bren Empty
PostSubject: Re: meow -- bren   meow -- bren I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 1:01 am

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Hearing Toby speak, Finnegan looks over at the boy. Thor. Thor is good yes, okay Thor. "Hi Thor"Finnegan says to the kitten as he gently kisses it's nose. "You're so cute"he says quietly as he cradles the kitten in his arms. He realizes that he's sort of ignoring Toby, but he understands right? This is important after all! He needs to name the cat, plus it's so cute he really doesn't want to put him down. There's nothing wrong with that... Right

When Toby hugs him, Finnegan's smile only widens. He moves to hug him back but realizes that it wouldn't a good idea since he's holding Thor. So he decides to just stand there and appreciate being hugged. "I love you too"Finn whispers, a wide smile spreading across his face. He then tilts his head downwards and presses his lips against the top of Toby's head. "I'll never forget it"he promises the smaller male. Honestly Finnegan can't imagine every forgetting that Toby loves him, it seems impossible.

"How about I go put Thor down to get him used to my cabin?"Finnegan suggests. "And then we can do something?"he suggests as he raises an eyebrow. He then licks his lip as he waits for Toby to reply. Hopefully he says yes, it feels like a while since they've spent time together. Especially since the last few times have ended up being terrible. But this time will be different, he'll make sure of that. He means it, he will do everything in his power to make sure that it isn't ruined. That is if Toby even agrees, which he hopes that he does.
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

meow -- bren Empty
PostSubject: Re: meow -- bren   meow -- bren I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 11:08 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby felt Finnegan's lips meet the top of his head, and it brought a satisfied smile to his face. Not wanting to take up to much time with his embrace, he released the boy and took a step back, looking up at him. He was so relieved that this all worked out for the better that he almost laughed loudly. He had been freaking out about it so much before, that the relief lifted the huge compression of anxiety from him.

"Yeah, sure, that's sounds cool," Toby replied, shrugging. He was a little surprised that he wanted to spend time with him than the cat right now, after having just acquired it, but he wasn't going to argue. In fact, he was trying to be nonchalant to cover up his excitement. He was looking forward to spending time with Finn, so much so that he would do anything with him, even some of the things that Finn liked and Toby didn't, such as comic books.

Toby picked up the now-empty picnic basket and began to walk towards Finn's cabin with him. As they walked, a few girl campers awed at the kitten before going about their routine. Arriving at the cabin, Toby waited by the door for Finn to put the kitten in his room. He didn't really like the Athena cabin, with the amount of kids, the suffocating level of IQ and haughty personality was enough to drive anyone away. He set the basket on the floor just inside the door, and then waited on the outside for Finn's return.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

meow -- bren Empty
PostSubject: Re: meow -- bren   meow -- bren I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 4:17 pm

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
"Come on Thor, let's go"Finnegan whispers to the kitten as he starts to walk in the direction of the Athena cabin. Normally he wouldn't just leave the kitten alone, but he feels like he should spend some time with Toby. After all he had just surprised him with the best present ever! Plus, it's been a while since they've spent some time together.

Reaching his cabin Finnegan disappears through the door and finds his way to his bunk. Gently setting Thor on his bunk, he goes about setting things up for the kitten. He takes Cap's old bed and places it on his bed. He then prepares a food and water bowls in case the kitten gets hungry. "Okay you stay here and behave! I'll be back later"he tells the kitten before kissing its forehead. Finnegan then grabs a sweatshirt out of his dresser before leaving his cabin.

Once outside, he tugs the sweatshirt over his head and looks over at Toby. As he looks at his boyfriend a wide smile spreads across his face. "So what do you want to do?"he asks as he walks down the steps and begins to walk towards the exit. "Personally I'm fine with doing anything, so it's up to you"he says to him. "But if you can't think of anything, we could always go to the city?"he suggests not sure what else there is to do. Too many of his usual places that he likes to go have painful memories attached to them now.
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

meow -- bren Empty
PostSubject: Re: meow -- bren   meow -- bren I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 12:58 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby waited patiently for Finnegan's return, but still found ways to fret nervously. He examined his fingernails, making sure they were spotless. He tapped his foot against the wooden deck at the front of the outside of the Athena cabin. He turned and looked into a window, checking his hair, and his teeth. People probably saw him do this, but Toby was kind of in his own world. He had just mended things with Finnegan and had to look presentable for their time together.

When Finnegan walked out of the cabin, Toby quickly dropped his hands, and trotted along behind him. When he was by his side, he felt something that he'd felt before, every time he walked alongside the boy in good humor. It did kind of make Toby's chest hurt, but it was also a warm feeling. Not to mention his stomach, in which butterflies were practically swarming about.

Toby looked over at Finnegan and gave a small shrug. He wasn't really sure what they could do. It seemed to him like they had done a ton of couple-y stuff and the activities left that were undone were kind of normal. His eyes dropped to the sweater that Finnegan had just put on, and the boy smiled.

"I'm willing to do whatever you want to, Finn," he told him, after some contemplation, and an absence of ideas.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

meow -- bren Empty
PostSubject: Re: meow -- bren   meow -- bren I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

meow -- bren
Page 1 of 1