Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Siblings (Private)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

Siblings (Private) Empty
PostSubject: Siblings (Private)   Siblings (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Son of Euterpe

David set the notepad down on the white slanted desk in front of him. It was full of pencil marks and eraser marks. The only thing consistent about it were the five horizontal lines transecting the paper over and over, and the small squiggle that marked a treble cleff in the left hand margin of the paper. He pushed up his glasses and turned in his chair to glance at the clock near the head of the room. He let out a dramatic sigh to see that he had only been there for about twenty minutes.

David actually despised the arts and crafts section of the camp. It was for the little campers, mainly. However, due to the lack of space in the scheduling of other camp activities, the arts and crafts area was the only place that he could sign up for his cabin to have activities in today. The muse cabin leader had not done too much training with his cabin, since a lot of them were not very talented at fighting. So, here he was, with his cabin, writing music as the other campers fashioned makeshift instruments out of strings, created clay acting masks, and painted wonderful pieces of arts on canvases. Even if David didn't like it, he had to admit that his cabin kind of fit in perfectly here, being talented with many various forms of art.

Created by Blitzy of Caution 2.0

Back to top Go down
Evergreenf

Siblings (Private) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siblings (Private)   Siblings (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 4:52 pm

Kenz had, unfortunately, decided to attempt painting for her arts & crafts activity.

It was not going well.

The colors that were smeared across the canvas seemed to have no direction, no purpose, no solid shape. They swirled together, making strange and ugly mixtures of colors. She ended up with colors not even planned to be part of this painting hastily thrown on the canvas in an attempt to make the piece seem more Picasso, but at least Picasso had some shapes. This looked like a kaleidoscopic nightmare, a maelstrom of paint, a true natural disaster of art.

Kenz looked back to examine it, then sighed and placed down her mixing board. This thing was hopeless. She headed back to the sinks to wash her hands, then noticed that the cabin leader- Matt? Daniel? She couldn't remember- was staring at a blank piece of sheet music. She looked over his shoulder and crinkled her forehead in thought.

"So... what kind of mood are you going for here? Maybe I can help," she said, placing her green, pink, and blue hand on his shoulder, not even remembering the presence of paint.
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

Siblings (Private) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siblings (Private)   Siblings (Private) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Son of Euterpe

David drew in the treble marker in the margin of his music, but stopped there. He wasn't sure what the theme of his piece might be. He had no time signature, and no key signature. There was no thought, and too many distractions for David to have a clear concept as to what to write.

Feeling a hand on his shoulder, he glanced to his side. The hand was multicolored with layers of dried and wet paint. He flinched a little bit, knowing that the paint would get on his clothes, but he made no other indication of annoyance. There was no need to fret over something so small. He could simply wash his clothes and, if it didn't come out, buy some new ones. His head moved from the hand to the owner whose hand it was.

"I'm not really sure... I was just trying to find an activity to pass the time," he admitted, with a small smile to his sibling. He wasn't totally sure how she, obviously an artist by the indication of the paint, could help him write music. But muses were typically multi-talented, so it wasn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

Created by Blitzy of Caution 2.0

Back to top Go down
Evergreenf

Siblings (Private) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siblings (Private)   Siblings (Private) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 10:32 am

Kenz smiled and stared at the music he seemed to be writing. He had at least drawn in the treble clef, which made her job a lot easier. For the life of her, she had never really figured out the bass clef. It was just too much for her to remember, and the only way she could do it was by counting down from middle C, which looked really amateur-ish and took too much time.

"Well, maybe I can help you out!" She smiled and took a seat next to him. She finally grabbed a paper towel and cleaned off her hands, still oblivious to the now-colorful shoulder of her cabin leader. She stared at the paper towel, tracing a trail of steps and skips that sounded good in her head. C, A, C, D, F... maybe in a different key...

She shrugged and looked at the boy beside her. He looked somewhat frustrated, so she gave him a quick pat on the shoulder. "Hey, man, not everyone gets inspiration that fast. Trust me, I can hardly think of love poems half the time, and if you saw my painting, you'd think I just threw a palette on it and claimed it as "art"." She laughed, trying to encourage him to laugh with her and relax a little bit. The worst thing to do in the creative process was get too uptight. It totally prevented the magic from happening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Siblings (Private) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Siblings (Private)   Siblings (Private) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Siblings (Private)
Page 1 of 1