Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason Venti

Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) Empty
PostSubject: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 7:45 am

Down at the beach, a boy had set his shirt and his other items out on a towel... With a Hephaestus trademark lock on his stuff so some kid of Hermes wouldn't take it. The boy himself was out in the water of the lake. Taking a casual swim, and really hoping that Posdieon or some kid of posidieon wasn't ticked at him or today wouldn't end terribly well. A dog barked and swam after him, his pet husky enjoying herself in the water. Then the boy, whose name was john, swam to the shore and got out of the water. His abs were perfect, along with the rest of his muscular body. A sight, that any girl would love to see.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 8:34 am

Kellie Konrad
Kellie walked along the sandy beach, her hands shoved in her pockets. She wasn't one for swimming because she was very self-conscious about her body, though there was nothing wrong with it, besides the pale skin that adorned her like a ghost. Her red hair was in a bun, a few strands of hair floating in her face from the wind that made her beautiful without even trying. She wasn't one to be beautiful, just brushing her hair and putting it up was good enough for her. 
Sometimes, she wanted to be alone, but today she wanted company. But no one wanted to hang around 'ghost girl.' as she had so dubbed herself. This was because no one paid much attention to her, other than when she screamed her head off and was about to get her head chopped off. Kellie didn't have tons of friends, and the ones she did have were dead. Kellie could summon ghosts, and that was why she was at the beach today, to see her dead sister who was murdered by their father. 
Just as she started to raise Kathryn up from the underworld, she spotted a boy and his dog. The boy was very fit, with abs and muscles. Kellie couldn't say that he wasn't beautiful, he was. But he wouldn't find her beautiful, would he? She brushed her red hair behind her ears, blushing, the red spreading across her cheeks and just stopping short of her chocolate brown eyes. Summoning her sister was forgotten now, and Kellie found herself staring at the boy, though she hadn't meant too. She didn't go up there, for what seemed like obvious reasons to Kellie. What if he thought she was a freak? What if her reputation preceded Kellie, and she scared the boy off. So she merely sat on the sand and smiled, pulling her knees up to her chest.
Back to top Go down
Jason Venti

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:10 am

John didn't notice Kellie at first, because he wasn't looking out at the beach expecting a pretty girl to be staring at him in amazement. But his dog noticed her instantly and barked before bounding towards the girl. Her bark was very obviously a happy one. Kind of saying 'OMG new person! Gotta say hi!' She ran straight to Kellie and began sniffing her, curious about the smell all over her. The dog's tail was going a mile a minute. Finally huxleigh, being used to demigod stuff and smelling strange things like ghosts, gave Kellie a kiss right on her cheek. Followed by a happy bark and rolling over in the sand to get a belly rub. John saw his dog and shook his head with a smile. He started walking over "Come on Hux, you know its rude to ask for a belly rub from strangers after knowing them for a few seconds. At least wait a minute." He says. Then begins to apologize "Im sorry, she's just excited that the whole zombie thing is ove-" he says, but then the words catch in his throat as his gray eyes catch onto Kellie. She. Was. Gorgeous. He knew this was the girl everybody made fun of for only talking to the dead. But john considered the dead pretty freakin lucky if they got to talk to her. John tried to think of something smooth to say about how his dog was probably drawn to her beauty. But the emeritus of it came out with something like "Uhm.... You are cute... Uh...." before John turned away feeling the blood rushing to his cheeks at the stupidity and total failure of being awesome.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 9:15 am

Kellie Konrad
The boy's dog had come up to Kellie, apt to sniffing her and licking her face.Where the dog went, she was positive master followed. Hesitantly, she reached up and pet the dog's fur, and it calmed her nerves a little. Then, the canine rolled into the sand, and the demigod laughed. When the boy came over and apologized, Kellie waved it off, smiling and blushing and quietly chuckling with many emotions. 
No one gave her complements. It was one of those things she just never got as a child. When the boy in front of her, with his abs and muscles, called her pretty, she blushed even harder and she cursed her snow white skin for not hiding it. "Thanks. You're cute too." She said, and then the boy turned away, obviously embarrassed. Gods what she said was so stupid. Never before had she really talked to a boy before. Come to think of it, she never really talked to a person before. Her dead sister was her companion while she was still on earth, and now that she was deceased, well, Kellie used her powers more often than she should. 
"I'm Kellie." She said, making a very bold move and grabbing the boy's hand. Kellie was cold, exactly the same as ice. It was one of her many death-like attributes. "But you probably know me as A) The Freak or B) Ghost Girl or C) Both." The boy was handsome, and Kellie was confused. Confused as to why a boy such as himself would talk to a person like her. She unfolded her legs and stretched them out. The demigod wore dark super skinny jeans, which still looked baggy on her. She wore a black a grey stripped sweater and inky flats. Kellie wasn't beautiful, and she knew that. But she wasn't going to ruing what looked like a promising friendship that could be something more. 
Back to top Go down
Jason Venti

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 11:19 am

John pulled his hand away, but for a different reason. He had managed to trip himself turning around somehow and fell in the sand. He sat up red faced. "I totally meant to do that" he said. But looked over at the pretty girl introducing herself as Kellie. "Honestly after all those zombies that came through ghosts don't bother me. Besides, you're pretty freaking attractive. Those people that labeled you a freak obviously are just little wimps. I'm John by the way, and my husky that seems to like you is Huxleigh." he says. The dog looks at them, panting whenever she hears her name. Jason looked at Kellie. "And I think that ghost girl is a pretty cool name. Cooler than what I could get. Son of Athena doesn't really grant many powers." He says then adds "I'll call you Kellie if you want. But if I ever call you ghost girl it would be an affectionate nickname. If that's okay with you." he says, though his red cheeks never left. He was very obviously nervous talking to her.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 12:55 pm

Kellie Konrad
Kellie laughed. John was funny, and she could tell he was nervous around her. But she knew now it wasn't because he was afraid of her. It was because he liked her. Kellie had heard stories of boys acting clumsy and stupid around girls they liked. It seemed like John liked to talk, and that was fine. He could be the talker and she'd sit there silently, smiling at his stories and complements. She wasn't much for talking, preferring to stay silent rather than make a fool of herself. 

It had been sometime since Kellie had let a boy come this close to her. Her father had scarred her and when she was kidnapped by that male employee did it for her. Never again. She promised herself. Never again would she trust another boy as long as she lived. But John didn't seem like he wanted to hurt her. Of course, they changed at some point in time, didn't they? Their aura of charm and sweetness shed away, reveling their true colors. 

But going against her better judgement, Kellie grabbed John's hand again and pulled him towards her. Not too close but not to far. She smiled nervously and slowly. "I like your dog, she's very playful. My powers can be both a blessing and a curse. I can show you if you want." She said, her free hand tracing patterns in the sand that were nothing of importance. The nickname 'Ghost Girl' as an affectionate calling pleased her. That name only meant sorrow and bullying to her, but John could call her that. "I'd rather have no powers than what I have." 
Back to top Go down
Jason Venti

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:59 pm

"Take it from a guy who lost the only one he cared about, then had that person attack him as an undead freak. Your powers at least let you talk to those you care about that have moved on." he says with a sad look his hand wrapped around hers so they were holding hands. He looked up and met her eyes before taking a deep breath. "To be honest. I've always kinda had a secret crush on you. I had been to scared to approach you because I though a beautiful girl like you wouldn't even take notice of me." He blurts out quickly, and from how he said it, it was kind of obvious he actually meant what he said.
Suddenly Huxleigh jumped up and ran towards the water. Stopping where it met the beach and turning back to bark at the two like 'you coming?' Her tail wagged and Jason laughed. "She likes to play in the water. Do you swim?" he askes the girl he was holding hands with as he met her eyes with his own. Showing a content desire just to hang around with her all day. And a tinge of sadness from when he had mentioned the one he cared about who died.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:18 pm

Kellie Konrad
Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Kellie knew what it was like to lost a family member. After all she had lost two, one of which she had killed to save her own life. The memory was to powerful for her, and the young girl shut her eyes and buried her face in her hands, willing the tears not to come. Her sister, Kathryn, was murdered a not even a decade before. A couple of minutes later, she lifted her tearstained face. Stray tears still ran down her cheeks like race cars  Kellie wiped her nose with her sweater. "I-I'm sorry." She apologized. "Thinking about my family... It just triggers really bad memories. And my powers are a curse. Every time I talk to my sister, she reminds me of what I failed to do that night." The girl really hated her powers. Kellie turned her focus over to John's dog, Huxleigh. But as amusing as the dog was, Kellie found herself looking more and more at John.

She knew it wasn't appropriate to stare at a boy she'd only just met. But Kellie would be lying if she didn't say she felt a connection between them. Their hands were entwined, and he felt warm to her, but not feverish. Being naturally cold, everybody seemed hot to Kellie. She shook her head. "I'm not pretty. I'm about as beautiful as a dead rat, and even I pale in comparison to that. Now you, you're handsome. You could have your pick of any girl in camp and you pick me." Not that Kellie minded. She liked having a boy wrapped around her finger. Not that she'd do anything to him. Unless John took avantage of her, then Kellie would fight tooth and nail. 

When John's dog ran over towards the beach and John asked if she swam, Kellie sucked in her breath. Ghost Girl was very self conscious about her body. She was too thin, other times she thought she was too fat. She was too pale and didn't want to show off her skin. Kellie rubbed her arms, which were chilled to the bone, despite the warm weather and clear skies above them. "No. No I don't swim." She whispered, ashamed. Kellie was missing out on so many social events because of her mindset. And she lost friends. Not that she had that many to begin with. No one wanted to hang around her. She looked away from John's grey eyes, afraid he would laugh as they all did. "But you can. Or you can stay here and I can... I don't know. Raise a ghost?" Kellie mentally hit herself. Did she really just say that? Gods she was so bad at this romantic stuff.

TAGGED: HERE | WORDS: HERE | WEARING:
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=100810449

ooc- yay for coding and face claims! Thats why i didn't reply sooner.
Back to top Go down
Jason Venti

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:58 pm

"Or you could trust the guy who can apparently have any girl in the camp when he says that you don't need to hide your body. Because he thinks that you are the most beautiful girl in existence. And then go swimming with him, especially since if you felt like you'd need help swimming he would hold you. And you could also say yes to the following question." He says before giving her hand a tight squeeze playfully. "Would you like to date me?" he askes and places a soft kiss upon her hand.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 11:39 pm

Kellie Konrad

Kellie sighed, looking at John and honestly considering him. She wasn't going to get another boy like this. He was nice and sweet and very caring. He was telling the truth. And, smiling for what seemed like the first time in years, Kellie nodded. "Okay. I'll go swimming with you. And I'll throw in a date with you for free, no extra charge." She felt butterflies fly up in her stomach, and for many reason. 

See, Kellie had only been swimming once or twice in her life, when her father was feeling less frightening than usual. James Konrad was more creepy than she was, if that was even possible. There was a small pool by her childhood home where she'd swim with Kathryn in the summer. But their father always kept them in the shallow area, where they couldn't really learn how to swim. But John would keep her safe, and from observing him earlier, Kellie knew he could keep both of their heads above water. 

And she was also nervous about the fact that she was going on a date. A real live date. With a real live boy, not a dead one. Sure, Kellie preferred the dead over the living, but dead boys couldn't kiss your hand softly like John just did. Kellie didn't know how to act. Maybe Kathryn could teach her later on when she summoned her. Her brown eyes searched John's stormy grey ones, uncertain and big and trusting. "You promise not to let go of me? If I drown, I swear I will haunt you, John."

TAGGED: HERE | WORDS: HERE | WEARING: HERE

Back to top Go down
Jason Venti

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:26 am

"I would never, ever let go of you! 1. Because I'm sweet on you and I'm not letting you slip away. 2. I'm pretty sure being haunted would suck pretty badly. And relax Kellie, even the dead can swim.... Though their swim is isn't in as pleasant a place as this one.... Okay that was a really dumb example, but I won't let you go. " John says, blushing, and stands up and offers his hand down to Kellie for her to grab so he could pull her up. "Do you have a swimsuit you can use? Cause you might wanna put one on." he says. The boy had a cute half smile on that guys do that girls often find cute. It was a result of him being relieved and happy that Kellie had decide to say yes.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 9:28 am

Kellie Konrad

Kellie allowed John to pull her up, and when she was up she kind of fell towards him, so that they were pressed together. Kellie blushed at the close proximity and looked away, but didn't step back. She was so awkward and she knew it. There was no fixing how incredibly clumsy she was. "Okay." She whispered, helplessly grinning and falling even more helplessly in love. John had promised to never let go of her, and she believed him. Never had she been treated like this, and she loved it. Love was like a drug, she realized, just a little to get you hooked, and then you were head over heels for that person and you couldn't get our of it.

Kellie did have a swimsuit on under her sweater. It was a simple one piece, black and white. Those colors, along with grey and sometimes a dark pink for an accent color, were the only shades Kellie wore. She despised wearing bright clothes or ones that showed to much skin. Even in the summer time, Kellie wore jeans to hide her white skin. Self conscious as she was, she knew deep down that John wouldn't judge her for how she looked. After all, he did just call her beautiful. 

Kellie nodded shyly, and then she excused herself to go change. She took off her sweater, the one that she had bought in the Walmart before her kidnapping. Before that memory could resurface, she shook it away fiercely. She wasn't going to ruin this date because of her freaky and traumatizing past.  And then she was in her swimsuit, and Kellie walked back out the where John was. The wind blew over her bare legs, making her shiver and causing goosebumps to raise, making her skin feel bare and alien to her. 

When she changed, her bun came undone and now her hair tumbled down her shoulders in shining red ringlets. Kellie couldn't remember the last time she cut it. The red strands were ending at odd places, giving her millions of split ends. It hit her mid back and was smooth and silky to the touch. Thank the gods she wasn't having a bad hair day, as she normally did. "Okay" Kellie sighed, walking closer towards John. "Let's go drown in a pool of water." She, of course, was kidding, and you could tell by the smile on her face and the tone of her voice. To say she was nervous didn't even begin to describe the immense fear Kellie was feeling at this moment. But John would keep her safe in the water, and he would never let her go. 

Back to top Go down
Jason Venti

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 4:48 pm

John watched Kellie walk towards him in her swimsuit. "Damn. You look good." John comments and steps forward so that Kellie is very close to him, and he wraps her in a hug. Simply because he noticed that she had shivered a little from being cold. "My shirt is right over there if you want to grab it to stay warm." he says to her. Hoping his body heat was helping her warm up as well. He looked into those captivating eyes and was lost almost instantly. John's gray eyes showed nothing but caring about her. He was lost in hers because of all her inner feelings that they betrayed to him.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 6:17 pm

Kellie Konrad
Had I known how to save a life.

Kellie smiled and let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding when John said she looked good. And then he hugged her to keep her warm and told her she could use his shirt. That was nice and all, but the demigod shook her head, finally coming to her senses about what was about to happen. 

Kellie was losing control. She wasn't cold because of the wind, she realized. It was sunny and warm out, and the gust of air that blew around her actually warmed her up. The demigod had not known her lineage until that fateful night when Kathryn died. Sure, unexplainable things happened to her as a kid, but the adults in her life assured her that she was normal. Well, those accusations had worked... Until now. When Kellie found out she could summon ghosts, she had no clue how to use those powers, how to able or disable them at will. For a while after her stay at camp, she was able to lead a life with people who were like her, kind of anyways. 

But being with John triggered the naive, confused little girl of fifteen back to Kellie's mind. The goosebumps were warning signs that she was about to summon a member of Hades' realm. "I'm not cold because of the weather, John." She said, regretfully stepping away from his form. "I-" But Melione's daughter didn't get to finish her sentence, because the powers inside her finally took over, enough with being caged inside her heart and being used only when Kellie saw fit. 

Usually, bringing ghosts to the mortal world was easy, and Kellie just felt numb until she let the souls go. But this time it was different and it hurt her this time. It felt like her body was burning, and the young girl refused to scream out loud, instead whimpering in fright and in shock and in pain. Kellie remembered the first time this happened. It was the first time her powers flooded to her and she had no clue what she was doing. She dropped to her knees, the pale skin of her legs crushing the sand beneath her. And then Kellie finally cried out loud, so loud that it could probably be heard from a five mile radius easily. 

Before her stood her father, James Konrad, the killer who murdered Kathryn and who also, ironically, Kellie's father. She had never once even thought about summoning her dear old dad. They hadn't parted on good terms exactly. In fact, if it wasn't for Kellie's quick thinking, she'd be with her sister right now. Yes, the young demigod had killed her own father, but it was in self defense. She didn't want to talk to James, and so Kellie covered her ears with her hands and shut her eyes before he could talk. She shook her head furiously. "No no no no no. Go away. I hate you! GO AWAY!" She ended up screaming her head off before James just laughed evilly  not following her orders. Kellie needed to take a deep breath and calm down. That was how she got rid of unwanted spirits. But she couldn't. All she could hope for was the panic to cease and that John didn't run away, frightened, or hurt because of the words that Kellie yelled, but not to him. 

Back to top Go down
Jason Venti

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 12:28 am

The strange thing about the ordeal, was that John could see the ghosts. The moment Kellie began screaming he was at her side, an arm around her. Whispering to her that everything would be ok. And telling her to focus on his voice. When the man started laughing, john raised to his feet and his sword formed out of nowhere. "Listen, ghost. You see this celestial bronze? It can make your essence go back to hades. You keep tormenting Kellie, and I swear on the river Styx that I will find you in hades. I grab your wimpy form, and I will throw you in the river Styx and laugh as your essence is obliterated." Jason growls out and holds the sword up to the man's chin.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 10:35 am

Kellie Konrad

Kellie knew that John was talking her, coaxing her through this. But she couldn't hear him. Not really. She was too far gone in her mind, reliving that fateful night, where everything she had known was destroyed. Without thinking, without trying, the young girl sank deeper and deeper into her thoughts, until her entire essence was in her old childhood home. 

"Dad?" A teenaged Kellie asked, poking her head in through the doorway, a hesitant grin on her face. She had just come home from school and Kathryn wasn't there waiting for her like she always was. Even then, Kellie was afraid of her father, because she knew he was a bad man. He stole from Walmart and grocery stores, when they had more than they needed. They lived right by the forest, and while Kathryn could gather berries and herbs, Kellie could set traps and catch rabbits. But James just wasn't satisfied with that. No answer came, and so Kellie called out her fathers name again, This time, a horrific laugh sounded from the den. The demigod followed the sound, and was greeted by her father, his hands covered in blood. But not his own, "Dad... Where's Kathryn?" Kellie asked, her pale and small hands forming into white shaking balls. 

There really was no need to ask that question, Kellie knew the answer, for there was another eye catcher in the room. Kathryn Konrad, her little sister, was covered in her own red blood, and it flowed down her body, which wasn't breathing. Her little sister was dead. The worst part was, Kellie could have stopped it. She could have kept a closer eye on her sister, and not left her with the monster that they had to call father. Then James started to come at the last surviving girl in the room. 

"NO!" Kellie screamed, facing reality once again. Ignoring her fathers cruel and taunting laughter, she forced her arms out, as if she was pushing the spirit away from her. Just as James appeared, he disappeared, and Kellie dropped into John's arms, shaking with fear and exhaustion. "John... John..." She whispered. Saying his name somehow calmed her down, and her lids dropped, shutting her brown eyes from his grey. Then, the girl smiled tiredly, still repeating his name and liking how his name sounded to her ears. She was really glad she hadn't pushed him away like she did everyone else. And then Kellie Konrad slumped into darkness. 

Back to top Go down
Jason Venti

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 11:49 am

John stood there and held Kellie in his arms protectively. He looked down at her and simply did not say anything. Just holding her, when she blacked out, john picked her up and carried her to the med area. He laid her down in a bunk and sat by kellie's bed. He held her hand as he waited for the girl to wake up. Huxleigh even jumped up on the end of the bed and had her head resting on Kellie's stomach as her tail thumped waiting for her to wake up
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 12:09 pm

Kellie Konrad,
Where did I  go wrong? I lost a friend

Slowly, Kellie drifted back to consciousness, utterly confused about where she was. There was no sand under her feet, but warmth and soft fabric. Somebody held her hand, and she knew it was John. She hadn't opened her eyes yet, she was too tired to. Conversations between ghosts could last between 5-10 minutes, but James had been emotionally draining, and Kellie's powers deteriorated more quickly than normal.  Finally, her brown eyes opened to the world, and the bright light that streamed in from the infirmary made everything in brighter contrast than it should have been. But once her eyes had adjusted, she saw John, sitting by her bedside, with Huxleigh's head on her stomach. Immediately, Kellie sat up, despite the pain, and wrapped her arms around the boys neck. 

"Oh my gods." She said in a hushed and hurried voice. "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean too. I didn't know what I was doing. You could've gotten hurt, John! And it would have been my fault. Just like everything is." Kellie spoke a mile a minute, barely spewing one word out before spitting out another. 

She never took her hands off of him. Kellie needed to know that there was no harm concerning John. She didn't care about herself, she never really did. She was a waste of flesh, everyone told her so. After Kellie stopped blabbering basically the same things over and over again, she took her arms off of his and placed them in her lap. They felt like air, and that was because she was weak from using her powers. 

You could actually see the blue veins running up and down Kellie's limbs, bright against a snowy backdrop. They were shaking at the same pace as Huxleigh thumping her tail, obviously glad that Kellie had woken up. After Kellie had taken in how her body looked, more pale and sickly than usual, she turned her tearstained face towards John. She hadn't noticed that she was crying, and she felt ashamed. "How long was I out?" She asked, and then returned one of her hands into John's. 

Back to top Go down
Jason Venti

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 1:22 pm

John looked at Kellie, noticing her tears he reached up and gently wiped them away. He looked at her carefully, his concern about her health being quite obvious. "A few hours. I'm glad you are okay though. I would have been lost without you. Here drink this." he says and lifts up a cup with a straw in it, filled to the top with nectar. He held it right where Kellie could easily take a sip without moving much, meanwhile Huxleigh decided to provide her own help by moving up and flipping one of kellie's hand so it laid on her head.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 1:46 pm

Kellie Konrad.

Kellie took a sip of the nectar, curiously staring at John with her chocolate brown eyes. She couldn't understand him. Most people would go crazy at this moment, demanding to know what happened. But John was completely cool and all he cared was if she was okay or not. When she was done, she coughed for a moment, never really getting used to the taste of nectar. She knew to much was bad for her, so he hadn't even taken five sips. It was kind of like eating candy. You ate some and felt fine, so you ate more because it tasted good. But you know you've eaten too much when you throw up two hours later. Absentmindedly, Kellie stroked Huxleigh's head.

"I don't understand you." Kellie said. "You should be screaming at me, or at the very least giving me the silent treatment. But you're not." She had slipped out of this world for a few hours, and that to her was bliss. She didn't like the mortal world. She belonged down in the underworld, where no one would stare at her pale skin and odd habits of drumming her fingers on her temples. Of course, if she did go down there, she'd be dead and could never return. Still, a girl could dream, couldn't she? "You are something else, John." Kellie remarked, squeezing his hand. "And I only fainted. It isn't like I got shot. You would've been fine without me." Okay. Bad choice of wording, Kel. Kellie thought to herself, mentally scolding the sentences that she said. 

Something came to her attention, reliving the events that happened a few hours prior. John had obviously seen James, because he had whipped out his sword and said threatening sentences to his spirit. Usually Kellie could only see ghosts, as well as other children of Hades. So what made John so special that he could see what Kellie saw, when no other camper could? Some things were best left uncovered, and she would rather not dig up what had happened, she was already embarrassed enough as it was. 

Back to top Go down
Jason Venti

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 1:57 pm

"Why would I do that? I'm only worried about if you are okay. That's all I care about. That creep that appeared, I'll murder him a million times over for you. I'm never leaving your side. Ever." John promised her and took her hands on his own, her hands being so small compared to his. "Besides its bad manners for a boyfriend to leave his girlfriend alone and torchered or call her a freak." John adds
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:01 am

Kellie Konrad
 Had I known how to save a life.

Kellie lay back on the pillows, staring up at the ceiling and smiled. Everything in her life had changed for the better in the last day. She had not only gained a friend, but also a boyfriend. It made her very giddy inside, and laughter and happiness built inside her, fueled by infatuation for this strange grey eyed boy who came into her life and swept her off her feet. Or maybe she felt like this because of the nectar, Kellie could have possibly drank too much. But that blissful giddiness ended just as soon as it began. Without looking at John, Kellie started to talk. "I almost killed you." She siad, realizing her words. "Oh my gods. I almost killed my boyfriend." Kellie groaned and put her free hand on her forehead, which was as cool as ever. She was stupid for letting John get close to her, physically at least. 

"Hey. That creep is my father." Kellie remarked. "You'd kill my own father for me? Wow, thats serious business, Grey Eyes," There. That was John's nickname for Kellie. She was Ghost girl to him, and he was Grey Eyes to her.  It was amazing how her perspective could change with just one person beside her. 

WORDS: Sorry for the short post. I've got two papers for school due and I'm watching ALL THE DOCTOR WHO EPISODES so I'm very busy at the moment.

Back to top Go down
Jason Venti

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 5:53 am

John looked at Kellie. "Well he gets off to scaring innocent and amazing girls like you, yeah he would die... Again. And what do you mean you almost killed me? I have felt no drain or weak or hurt or anything really. Just worry about you." He says as he reaches down and strokes her cheek. John looked at Kellie, she was different from other girls but that is what he found so captivating about her. He was head over heels for this girl. And John was pretty sure that she knew.
Back to top Go down
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:56 am

Kellie Konrad

Kellie's emotions got the best of her. Again. It was why she always hid behind books, shoved up in a corner with her knees curled up against her her chest, avidly scanning the words on the page and flipping the paper so fast it made a rustling noise. But now she was without books, and Kellie didn't really understand what had happened the few hours prior. It seemed to her like she had almost killed John, but maybe he saw different in his eyes. Maybe to him, she had just made a little mistake and there was no harm done. Kellie lifted up her pale arm and stroked John's cheek with her hand, smiling sadly. "Just as long as you're okay." She said. 

Kellie felt strength slowly returning to her because of the nectar. Before she felt faint, and everything seemed like a mile away. Now voices were clearer and everything was in focus. Slowly, Ghost Girl sat up, not knowing was she was about to do but something inside her heart guided her. A little voice in her head, the sensible one, the one who didn't trust anybody, told her to get back and run away from John. But for the first time since the kidnapping in McDonalds, Kellie Konrad ignored it. She was sick and tired of being reclusive towards others, especially John, who had been nothing but kind to her, and here she was, cold and isolated. 

And that was why Kellie kissed John.

Back to top Go down
Jason Venti

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 1:09 pm

John froze whenever Kellie leaned up and kissed him. It took his mind a second to process this, then he began to kiss her back, his arms wrapping her in a protective hold as the young couple began to kiss each other. After what seemed like an eternity, which was perfectly fine with John he didn't want that moment to end, he pulled away from the kiss and rested his forehead against kellie's, nuzzling her nose with his own as he gave her a soft smile. His arms stayed wrapped around Kellie, he even climbed into her bunk and set her in his lap for cuddles.

John looked at Kellie, the girl being just a little bit shorter than him so their heads were about level right now. His gray eyes caught hers. He sat there silently, words did not need to be said, as his feelings for her were transparent. She could easily tell what they were and how much her cared about her. He leaned in and stole a second kiss. "You, Me, and just some time with each other in the moonlight on the beach tonight okay?" he whispers, clearly hoping she wanted to spend some time snuggling in the moonlight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)   Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Burning the old bridges, and building new ones. (Wicked)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next