Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

surprise! [ private; sapphire ]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

surprise! [ private; sapphire ] Empty
PostSubject: surprise! [ private; sapphire ]   surprise! [ private; sapphire ] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 12:05 am

surprise! [ private; sapphire ] Cal_zpse0c7cc5a

calvin hayes
Rush hour. This was what Calvin called the short, awful moments when everybody returned to their cabins to get things they had forgotten earlier in the day, or make out with their significant others, or change clothes, or whatever. He could care less about the reasons, he just knew that he hated it.

It's not that Calvin was a hateful person, though. Far from it. It was just that rush hour started around the time Calvin was prepared to take on the day. By the time he was awake, cleaned up, dressed and ready to go, everybody had taken cabin two by storm, causing a rather awkward dilemma for Cal. Instead of the lanky swagger he feinted when he was alone, he was forced to slide between others, gently pushing them out of the way and muttering "sorry"s all the way to the door.

"Excuse me," he mustered out, and nodded sheepishly as he passed some burly kid who stood almost a head taller than him. And it continued. Sorry, excuse me, my bad, I apologize. The son of Chronos apologized all through the cabin, before finally reaching the exit. Anxious to get out, Calvin threw the door open and drew in a giant breath of fresh air. He was so involved in his breath that he failed to notice he was standing directly in somebody's way.  

Last edited by Remplissage on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: surprise! [ private; sapphire ]   surprise! [ private; sapphire ] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 11:22 am

robin hayes
If you stay forever, hey, We can stay forever young

Singing Radiohead at the top of our lungs With the boom box blaring as we're falling in love. I got a bottle of whatever, but it’s getting us drunk Singing here's to never growing up.
Something was bound to go wrong today. Robin knew that from the moment she woke up at seven in the morning. No one had woken her up, and she was anxious as she prepared for the day. 7AM. Since when did she wake up by herself at such an early time?

But that was hours ago. Now, Robin was mentally cursing herself as she raced back towards Cabin 2. One minute before the archery instructor arrived, she realized that she had forgotten the very thing she should have in an archery class: her freaking crossbow. And this was not the first time it happened. Days ago, she arrived in the arena just in time for the class only to find out that she had left her trusty weapon back in Cabin 2. It was not easy to forget the look on her instructor's face when she came back a few minutes late. It wasn't very... friendly. In fact, Robin had been so close to running in the opposite direction. Maybe she shouldn't go back this time. She'd been scared half to death for being late, one more time and she might just snuff it. Sure enough, by the time she was less than ten steps away from the door, Robin was reluctant to return to the arena.

But I woke up so early, a voice in the back of her mind moaned. She slowed down to a jog, panting and nearly out of breath. Wiping off the bands of sweat from her forehead, Robin wondered if she should just go back to bed and recover the sleeping hours she could've had if she hadn't been up early. Definitely beats being glared and shouted at in the arena.

Robin was just about to reach for the knob when the door opened, revealing a... giant. Robin was used to being shorter than average, but this was insane! She didn't even reach up to his shoulder! It was as though mother nature was bish-slapping her on the face and being like 'oh hey why don't you come face-to-face with people who are more blessed in the height department'. Her own thoughts surprised her. She wasn't usually this touchy when it came to heights, but the crossbow mishap must have drawn the roughest of her moods. Taking a step away from the boy, Robin didn't even look up as she groaned the first words that came to mind.

"Why do you have to be so tall?"
raise your glass and say here's to never growing up

coded by sapphire

ooc: dammit i'm not supposed to be here but muse struck hard xD
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: surprise! [ private; sapphire ]   surprise! [ private; sapphire ] I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:09 am

calvin hayes
Startled, Calvin also took a step away. "Excuse me?" he sputtered out, taken aback at her words. His hand shot out and grabbed the doorknob again, as if he was going to slam the cabin door and hide from his sudden adversary. Nervously, Calvin glanced down at the girl, and looked her over.

The first thing that caught his eye was her bright red hair, which seemed to contrast perfectly with her pale skin. Though the more intimate features of her face were nothing special, she was overall very pretty; this, of course, caused a pang of anxiety in Calvin's chest. And yet, somehow, she seemed oddly familiar. Furrowing his brows together, he examined her again. Everything about her seemed to bring back ghostly memories, but he couldn't place his finger on it. This was about the time when he realized that his mouth was hanging open. "Sorry!" he squeaked, shutting it so fast that his teeth clacked together, causing the color in his face to drain.

Taking a deep breath, Calvin managed to give her a weak smile, and wiped off his sweaty palms on his jeans. "Sorry," he repeated after regaining his composure. "I guess it's my genes. Although my mom wasn't particularly tall. Then again, I've never seen my dad, so who knows?" Cal chuckled hesitantly, and bit at his bottom lip. Nervous habit. "Oh, crap! Sorry," he mumbled, stepping out of the way for the burly kid and his friend to get by. "Well, I guess that's my cue to get out of here, too. Sorry again!" he piped, and attempted to get past her in the space between the cabin and the doorway.

It was at that moment that Calvin's foot decided to lose control of itself, making his next step null and sending the son of Chronos tumbling to the ground right behind the girl. Instead of picking himself up and dusting himself off, he laid face-first on the ground and sighed. Times like this were when Calvin cursed his crippling social anxiety the most; small, unchangeable moments that would haunt him for the next week.

So he laid there.

ooc: i'm pretty convinced that Calvin's favorite word is sorry
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: surprise! [ private; sapphire ]   surprise! [ private; sapphire ] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 8:18 am

robin hayes

Singing Radiohead at the top of our lungs With the boom box blaring as we're falling in love. I got a bottle of whatever, but it’s getting us drunk Singing here's to never growing up.
All thoughts about crossbows and scary archery instructors flew out the window as Robin's eyes grew big, the daughter of Tyche having realized that she had spoken the thought that should have stayed in her head. Her hand went to her mouth quickly, as if trying to stem any more words that would accidentally come out (because you don't just ask people why they're tall, Robin, gosh, said a snide voice in her head). She couldn't really bring herself to meet the boy's eyes and she barely listened to him speak, an inner part of her still wanting to bash her head on the wall for letting that comment loose. He beat her to apologizing though, and the number of times the word 'sorry' slipped out of his lips took her aback. Was he sorry for being tall? If only heights could be given... or shared...

"I - uh -" Robin cut off, stepping to the side to let another tall kid and his friend pass. The boy said another sorry and tried to get past her before she could speak. Her eyebrows knotted slightly - something just screamed familiarity in this situation, something she couldn't quite place, and only now did she just realize it. Perhaps it was how the apologies raced from his lips, or the fidgety way he held himself. Then it struck her. She knew this boy. "Hey wait -"

And then he fell face-first to the ground, the resounding 'thud' making Robin jump. When he didn't get up, she squeaked and crouched by his side, near his head. Did he just faint? Had he hit his head on the ground and got a concussion? Should she call an ambulance?

"Hey? Hello? Are you okay?" came Robin's high-pitched voice. She tentatively nudged his shoulder, then poked it a couple of times. It was quite a weird sight, seeing someone so huge lying face-down like that, and for the first time Robin got a closer look at his face - well, the side of his face. He looked older than her, with the slight stubble on the visible part of his cheek. The feeling of familiarity intensified and Robin felt her jaw drop, her mouth forming an 'o'. She couldn't see his face from here, but the mannerisms, the shyness... No way.

"C-Cal?"

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: surprise! [ private; sapphire ]   surprise! [ private; sapphire ] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 1:06 am

calvin hayes
Calvin blinked a few times, hearing the girl's words. "Oh, yeah, I'm fine!" he said, blushing deeply as he flipped himself over on the ground. Then she said his name. "How...how do you know who I am?" He furrowed his brows, and looked her over again. Readjusting himself so that they were face-to-face, Calvin thought deeply for a moment. That was when it hit him, and he realized that he did know this girl.

"Robin?" he blurted out, as if it was a question. It all made sense to him now; that face, her petite body, those eyes. "But...how are you here? I mean, why? I mean..." Calvin forced his mouth to shut, realizing that he was bombarding her with questions. "Sorry, sorry, it's just a little much to take in. I haven't seen you in forever. I missed you. Well, I missed a lot of people. But...are you a demigod? Ugh, ignore that, obviously you are. Otherwise you wouldn't be here." The son of Chronos let out a quick puff of air, and looked away from her. He was overwhelmed, and honestly, a little confused.  

He waited a moment, regrouping in his head and deciding on what to say. "I tend to go on tangents when I'm not sure what to say, sorry. Anyways, let's start from the beginning."    

ooc: bad post is bad, but I'm out of muse and super duper tired
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: surprise! [ private; sapphire ]   surprise! [ private; sapphire ] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:38 am

robin hayes

"Yes, let's," Robin agreed, a goofy grin spreading across her face. She had now taken to sitting on the ground rather than just crouching beside him, hardly daring to believe her eyes. Calvin Hayes, a demigod? Somehow, the fact that someone like Cal turned up in camp gave her a strange sense of giddiness.

"Oh my God, it's been a long time and you still apologize like crazy!" Robin practically squealed. "I missed you so much! We haven't been to Pennsylvania for what... six, seven years? It's been so long! I mean, sorry, Dad became too busy so we couldn't come visit, but wow, just wow. I didn't expect to run into you here. I mean, we're both demigods. Can you believe it? What are the odds!"

There was something oddly reassuring about Calvin's presence. Robin had ditched her old life to search for her dad and wound up in Camp Half Blood instead. In some ways, it all felt like dream, and there were still times when Robin expected someone to snap her back to the real world where Olympus only existed in books and teenagers didn't don Greek armors and weapons. Now, seeing someone from her mortal life in this new world, it made her doubts go away. For now. The grin still hadn't worn off her face when she spoke, "I'm really glad to see you. How have you been? And seriously," she feigned hurt, "why didn't you recognize me? Was it the hair?"

It was at this point that Robin heard the groan coming from the door. A girl gave them a stinkeye as she carefully skirted around Calvin, and Robin gave a light chuckle. She rose to her feet and extended a hand. "First things first, let's get you off the ground before you get stepped on."

coded by sapphire

ooc: haha it's fine c:
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: surprise! [ private; sapphire ]   surprise! [ private; sapphire ] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 5:02 am

calvin hayes
Grinning up at her, Calvin reached out and accepted her hand. "Thanks," he said gratefully, pulling himself up. "Now that you mention it," he began, dusting off the back of his pants, "I think it is the hair. I've never seen you as anything other than a blonde. I like it though. The red suits you." He smiled gently, and crossed his arms. "As for how I've been, I guess you could say I've been as good as anyone here," he muttered, gesturing around them. "I'm not sure how mom and dad are. I haven't been home in...three years?"

Despite his now cool-and-confident demeanor, he was bursting with excitement on the inside. Out of all the people Calvin would expect to be here, Robin was the last on the list; and that's why he was so ecstatic. There was finally somebody here who understood him, someone he could get along with. Somebody familiar.

Calvin couldn't keep the goofy grin off of his face as he looked at her, still amazed that they were both demigods. It was almost unreal, and for a few seconds the boy actually wondered if this was a dream, or maybe some sick joke from the gods at the useless son of Chronos. Without any hesitation, he took a step forward and put his hand over her face, squeezing it slightly before he realized what he was doing. Turning a bright shade of scarlet, he opened his mouth to apologize; however, the only thing that came out was an tiny squeak.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: surprise! [ private; sapphire ]   surprise! [ private; sapphire ] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 9:05 am

robin hayes

Robin nearly fell over when she helped pull Calvin up. Making a mental note to work on her strength, she smiled at the compliment, although it was quickly replaced by a frown when Cal mentioned how long he had been away from home. He squeezed her face before she could comment though, and Robin playfully smacked his hand away. "You're not allowed to do that!" She rubbed her cheek. It hadn't really hurt and she wasn't really offended, but the gesture made her feel like a kid. She got over it quickly though, being Robin.

"Thanks, I mean red is just the awesomest color in the world! But enough about that... Three years? That is seriously a long time..." she trailed off, slight sadness in her eyes. "And Aunt Trish and Uncle Rob are okay with that?"

She tried hard to look him in the eye but the height difference wasn't helping. "You really shot up, you know. Like a skyscraper. It's so weird. I was taller than you the last time we met! By a half-inch! Um, a quarter of an inch... Okay maybe I wasn't, but we were almost the same height! I think..." Robin's shoulders slumped slightly. Boys and their growth spurts. Why couldn't girls have the same thing? More specifically, why did she have to stop growing at thirteen?

coded by sapphire

ooc: sorry it's crap oTL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: surprise! [ private; sapphire ]   surprise! [ private; sapphire ] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

surprise! [ private; sapphire ]
Page 1 of 1