Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

we'll be counting stars [wip]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

we'll be counting stars [wip] Empty
PostSubject: we'll be counting stars [wip]   we'll be counting stars [wip] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 5:09 pm

welcome Guest
I
n between my decorative cover
I laid a lot of colourful words
In red, blue, green and white
In black, sorrow and pain
All the doubts in yellow
I wrote in pink
The nightmares
I went through
In upper case I kept
The fragrance of lofty thought
You taught me
In tight secrecy, the memories
In maroon, in turquoise
The joy I got
Side by side
Along with the moon
Still words are merely words
You can not see
The wounds of the wind
Oozing of the heart
Red blood of the dream
Still unmakes the image
Of the blank space
Left by you
With Big Dash I am only
Able to paint
The sound of
Of emptiness

Last edited by annanonana on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.rooster-sleep.tumblr.com
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [wip]   we'll be counting stars [wip] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 5:09 pm

here they are

Iris West-16-Hermes
the adventurous and lonely

Charlie Evans-17-Iris
the loud and bubbly

Louis Jones-19-Hermes
the trouble making and caring

Last edited by annanonana on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [wip]   we'll be counting stars [wip] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 7:26 pm

we'll be counting stars [wip] Tumblr_mns7ovHw3M1qayshho6_r1_250

Iris Eileen West
Daughter of Hermes

"Couldn't I just show you my birth certificate?"
Date of Birth: June 12th, 1997
Orientation: Heterosexual
Family:
Like a Star @ heaven Joni West [mother]
Godly Parent: Hermes, god of travelers
Birthplace: Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
"It's the past...who cares?"
History: Iris was born on a rainy Tuesday evening. Her mother was a lonely, broke, musician, playing on the streets for money. Joni was ashamed for having a one night stand and ending up pregnant. She was worried about her daughter, because she didn't feel like the right person to be a mom. However, she couldn't bring herself to give this baby up. When she was handed her daughter for the first time, she noticed how her irises were her favourite colour, chocolate brown. So, Joni called her Iris.
Joni never got used to being a mother. Iris could tell that her mom wasn't a normal mom when she was growing up. Her mom never had any rules besides, "Don't get arrested" or "Don't be stupid".
Iris had a very free childhood in other words. She liked adventure and traveling. She would wander the streets of Austin hopelessly everyday. She'd arrive home around dusk, and her mother and her would eat cake for dinner and discuss politics and music. Iris was always happy, being in her own world.
Some of Iris's earliest memories are being taken to a playground by her mother. Iris would meet new friends and have a marvelous time playing pretend. However, even the friendship was pretend. Often times, she would ask if her new friend and her could play again. The new friend's parent(s) would take one look at Joni, a say no.
Joni had been a hippie for years, and still stuck to her roots. Parents looked at her oddly, wearing long skirts and headbands. Iris never thought oddly of her mother, considering she was raised with oddness. She was of course willing to accept it without thought. However, other parents considered Joni irresponsible, for often she would be writing song lyrics, a letting Iris play by herself. However, this freedom allowed Iris to learn responsibility at a young age. She became very mature.
She was essentially "home-schooled" by her mother until age ten, when Joni finally got a full time job as a waitress. Iris was nervous, as she was driven to a big private school by her mother the first morning. She asked why she had to go to school, and why her mother could just go back to her old part time jobs, the ones where she had time to see her. Joni explained that the school and the job was going to be better in the long run, and it would probably take a few years for Iris to realize it.
Iris never did though, at least the school part. She got used to her mother not being around as much fairly quickly because of her upbringing. She understood that she was just trying to make their lives better. However, school drove Iris mad. She never made any friends, because most of the girls were frilly and rich, and they disliked her for being poor. She didn't let it get to her though, she just ignored them, and tried to focus on classwork. However, she couldn't do that either. She had ADHD, making it almost impossible for her to sit still and focus. She eventually started begging her mom to let her be home-schooled again. Her mother said she would if she could, but she sadly could not.
School caused anxiety for Iris. She was always filled with dread each night, knowing in her mind that she would have to get up early and pay attention to subjects she didn't and get teased about how she didn't have the latest fashion trend or technological device. Her classmates didn't even realize she was poor until they were eleven. A few girls heard the headmistress discussing Iris's payment method. The rumors spread, and Iris's already bleak social life turned worse. Her classmates tormented her even more now. They backed up their "you don't have this" teasing with statements of her being homeless, her mother being a drunk, or her being an orphan. None of what they said was even a tinny true. She finally told her mother of the lies and bullying, and Joni called the school, infuriated. The bullies were reprimanded verbally, which only made things worse. They called her the childish name of "tattle-tale". When girls started to push and shove Iris at recess, they would taunt her, asking if she wanted her mommy.
By now, Iris had fallen into a deep depression. She stopped her hopeless wandering. She was getting dreadful grades, shutting her mother out, and thinking she must have done something to cause this. However, she never could figure it out. She spent months wondering "Why? What did I do wrong?"
Joni  was completely overwhelmed by all this.  She knew she couldn't take Iris to a doctor; they lacked insurance and money. She was working overtime once again so she could try to afford one session with any kind of mental health doctor.
This stressed and depressed period lasted a little over a year for the Wests. Iris was sulking in her room one bleak Saturday morning, when the why question came back into her mind. However, her thoughts were different this time. She wondered why she was letting this continue. She was suddenly confused as to why she was letting these bullies get to her in such a way. So, she stopped sulking.
Iris hopped out of bed, and came up with a plan. When her mother returned that night she asked if she could transfer to a different school. Her mother was relieved and overjoyed, and said of course.
Iris spent the next year running around Austin with her new friends. Things were looking up for her. She tried to be positive through stressful times, and her depression was fading. She looked at life with a new found respect.
Still seeking adventure, Iris hopped aboard a train for Manhattan when she was thirteen. She wanted to see the world. So, she did.
Iris discovered she was a demigod relatively quickly during her travels. A caduceus appeared above her head one night, and it started to move. Going on pure adrenaline, she followed it, all the way to Long Island. She spent a few weeks at Camp Half Blood, then grew bored of it. She went away again, traveling across the country, and eventually the world. She went to Europe, Australia, South America, and tons of other places. She would stop by Camp and Austin occasionally, but she never has stayed in the same place for longer than two years.
Years in Camp: She visits camp on and off, but all together she's been there about two years.
Claimed: Yes

"This is me, what else do you want? A journal entry?"
Physical Appearance: Iris is a very pretty young woman. She has tan skin, with not many spots or freckles. She once had lots of freckles on her cheeks near her nose, but they faded away over time. Her head is oval shaped. Her eyes are a lovely chocolate brown. After a year of braces, her teeth are slightly perfect, though they have slightly gone crooked over time. She weighs in at about 135 pounds, and she's a whopping 5'6. Iris used to not care much about how she looked, but after her experience  with getting bullied, she's been  a little more self conscience. She likes wearing exciting, loud, and attention seeking clothes. However, she's very stylish. Her style is like her personality. Loud.
Personality: Iris is impressionable and receptive, and she often feels the misfortunes of others very keenly. However, she's very awkward, and can't really express her deeper thoughts and feelings with finesse and diplomacy. She has a candid, sometimes blunt, manner of speaking that creates misunderstandings with others. Being somewhat self-centered, she learns through her own experiences. Iris rarely takes advice from others. Yet, she's sensitive and very easily hurt and offended. Sometimes Iris longs for praise and appreciation, having not ever received it from anyone but her mother, but others find it difficult to understand her and her motives. Iris dislikes monotony and system. She also enjoys being creative in an inventive way whether it be in music, art, or other endeavors that require versatility and skill. She's imaginative and visionary, somewhat of a perfectionist, yet the results of her efforts often fall short of her high expectations. She's not the type enjoy leadership, but she'd rather direct than be directed. Iris dislikes commitment, which is part of her reasons for her constant travel. She's very independent, and is not very good at making new friends. She likes to present herself a mysterious and interesting, when she's just a girl with a ticket to the world.
Talents: Stealing, Manipulating
Fatal Flaw: Her lack of commitment. Iris is very lazy sometimes, and also does not like to pick sides. She's a wanderer, and is unlikely to team up with people, which leads to very few fighting skills.
Pets: None
Song: Hopeless Wanderer by Mumford and Sons
Nicknames: Ris
Other: Iris's colour is #00CC99.
Playby: Jenna-Louise Coleman

credit to pinkgirl77

Last edited by annanonana on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:13 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [wip]   we'll be counting stars [wip] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 8:10 pm

we'll be counting stars [wip] Tumblr_static_tumblr_mbft6kpoex1r21doxo1_500

Charlie Bridget Evans
Daughter of Iris

"I would love to start badly singing this is me, but I'm tone deaf, sorreh!"
Name: Charlotte Bridget Evans
Date of Birth: March 18th, 1996
Orientation: Homosexual
Family:
Like a Star @ heaven Carter Evans [father]
Godly Parent: Iris
Birthplace: Bayville, New York

"Ehh...childhood..."
History: Charlie was born Charlotte Bridget Evans on a blustery March afternoon. She was born in a tiny beach town called Bayville, where her father had grown up. Her father though, had no knowledge of this occurrence. He was miles away in Chicago, Illinois, living his normal life, completely unaware that he had a daughter. Carter had been a bachelor for many years, and was already in his forties. He would have the occasional one night stand, and a few relationships here or there, but Carter had never wished to marry anyone really.
Charlie's mother was a goddess, who'd simply been one of Carter's one nighters'. Iris gave birth, and was overjoyed to see a beautiful baby girl. However, she knew that she had to eventually return to her duties as messenger of the gods. She explained to the nurse that Charlie was to be taken to her father, if he ever returned. If not, Charlie was to be put up for adoption.
Luckily, Carter decided to visit  his mother quickly while he had time off work-he was a lawyer. During this short trip, he was contacted by the hospital and informed that a woman had given birth and vanished, saying that he was the child's father. Carter was shocked by this news. He rushed to the hospital, and there he held his daughter for the first time. He instantly fell in love, and decided to change his was. He moved in with his mother, and the two began raising Charlie.
Growing up, Charlie was fairly wealthy, popular, and happy. She liked making new friends and talking ever since she was a toddler. Her father worked frequently, and she was very close with her grandmother. She would go to the beach almost everyday. Though she enjoyed swimming, she preferred just staying in the sun.
Disaster struck when her grandmother passed unexpectedly. Her father immediately cut back on working hours, and dedicated most of his time to Charlie. At this point, Charlie was around six.
She continued on, not ever forgetting her grandmother, but staying positive. She was rather eccentric and outgoing and friendly. She got along with most everyone at her school, and was liked by many. Though, she could tell many still loathed her for being so "perfect". However, her life turned out to be hardly perfect.
Charlie came out when she was in middle school. It was no surprise to her close friends or her father. However, to the rest of her very Roman Catholic town, she was going to hell. She was yelled at, bullied, denied entrance into stores even. Everyone was so against her besides those closest to her. She decided that she had to pull through and she would leave her town as soon as she turned eighteen.
When she was fifteen, she did a project for her Literature class about Greek mythology. She came to the conclusion that she must be a demigod. People thought she was even more crazy and sinful. They called her a satanist and were even worse now.
Charlie needed a break. Her father took her for a trip an area near Montauk for a stress reliever. She was out bicycling one morning, when she noticed an odd sit. There were stone pillars sitting in the middle of the woods. Upon investigation, Charlie discovered Camp Half Blood. She stepped in, and never stepped out again. She was instantly claimed and felt comfortable with life there. She wouldn't wish for anything else.
Years at Camp: Two

"I am a potato. POE-TAY-TOOOOOOE."
Physical Appearance: Charlie has odd hair. It's black and straight, she has also has bangs. She also has a muffin top hairdo as she says. She's has slightly tan looking skin. She has brown eyes. She enjoys wearing bright colors and loud clothing. She loves her lime green head phones. Her favorite color is lime green. She weighs about 156 pounds and is 5'11. Her height always was a way to intimidate people when she was a child, but now it makes her feel gawky and awkward sometimes.
Personality: Charlotte has fun-loving nature. She has always been a happy person, with a good sense of humor. Charlie hates dull, boring things. Expression comes easily to Charlie; in fact, she should learn to control it and discipline her expression. She tries to make the best of the worst situation, usually with humor. She likes being active and crazy with friends as well. She's not very good at being serious, so she isn't very good at comforting others. She can be a bit insensitive. She sometimes makes rude remarks, without meaning to of course. She simply is blind to how other people might not always like joking around.
Talents: Singing, Gaming, Running, Climbing, and Archery.
Fatal Flaw:Her lack of seriousness. Charlie doesn't really accomplish much.
Pets: None.
Song: Get Lucky by Daft Punk
Nicknames: Charlie
Other: Charlie's colour is purple.

credit to pinkgirl77

Last edited by annanonana on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [wip]   we'll be counting stars [wip] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 12:58 am

we'll be counting stars [wip] Tumblr_inline_mirfsfY76q1rg8uan

Louis Parker Jones
Son of Hermes

"Why am I doing this?"
Name: Louis Parker Jones
Date of Birth: March 15th, 1995
Orientation: Heterosexual
Family:
Like a Star @ heaven Donna Jones [mother]
Godly Parent: Hermes
Birthplace: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, U.S.A.

"What do you want from me?"
History:  Donna came from a middle class family from Key West. She got a job working at a joke shop when she was in college. There she met Hermes. She had no idea he was a god, but she fell in love within a few weeks. He kept returning to the store every now and then to see her. Eventually, she began seeing him, not for long though. However, she ended up pregnant six months later. She told Hermes, and said that he wouldn't be there for long, but he wanted to see his child. So, he stayed for the first two months of his son's life, then left. Donna was heartbroken, but continued on and raised her son the best she could.
Louis grew up in a paper town as John Green put it. His mother worked as a waitress while he grew up. They lived in a tiny apartment on the main drag of Ft. Lauderdale. He was a very troublesome child. At age nine he was suspended from school for gluing the principal to her chair. He always was pulling pranks, making jokes; he was the class clown. He never had really good friends, since most of them just thought it was cool to hang out with him. Then at age eleven, Louis developed scoliosis, and everybody made fun of him for wearing a brace and having a "girl disease". Eventually, he "got better" and stopped wearing the brace. The kids at school eventually forgot about Louis being "lame". On his fifteenth birthday, him and his friends went out to dinner. A girl there kept staring at him, so he went over to her. She said that she was like him and that there was a place they could go for people like them. Louis thought that meant "Let's go make out in the bathroom because no one understands us." So, he followed her, but she took him to the airport of all places, and they went to Camp Half Blood. Louis has been there ever since.
Years at Camp: Four Years

"Ugh I don't understand this."
Physical Appearance: Louis has shaggy, messy, brown hair. He's very thin. He's quite tall though. He never cares what he wears and often wears the same clothes a few days in a row. He normally just wears his camp t-shirt and jeans. He has an old beat-up pair of sneakers that he's had since forever.
Personality: Louis is a classic troublemaker. He's constantly joking, hardly ever serious. He's a fun person. He's good in small doses though. A lot of people despise him for constantly not caring about anything. He's very relaxed about everything. He used to act all, anarchy, rebellion from society. Now he's more like, "I don't give crap." He acts like he's full of him as well, but he's only partially kidding. He's a very calm and collected person who has no idea what he wants to do in life.
Talents: Louis isn't very athletic, though he does enjoy running. He also is very good at getting what he wants. He's excellent at stealing, and he can easily manipulate people. He also plays a mean game of basket ball.
Fatal Flaw: Lack of seriousness. Louis is a jokester, and though good in battle, not exactly the most controlled demigod.
Pets: Louis has never owned a pet, though he would like to.
Song: Drunk by Ed Sheeran
Nicknames: Lou, Louie
Other: Louis's colour is green.

credit to pinkgirl77

Last edited by annanonana on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [wip]   we'll be counting stars [wip] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:07 pm

we'll be counting stars [wip] Tumblr_mftsixCjDq1qk2grso1_250

Kara Mia Rivera Castillo
Daughter of Morpheus

"How long does this take again?"
Name: Kara Mia Rivera Castillo
Date of Birth: January 13th, 1994
Orientation: Pansexual
Family:
Like a Star @ heaven Andrea Rivera Castillo [mother]
Like a Star @ heaven Axel Rivera Castillo [younger brother]
Like a Star @ heaven Angel Rivera Castillo [younger brother]
Godly Parent: Morpheus
Birthplace: Chicago Illinois, U.S.A.

"Oh jeez."
History:
Years at Camp:

"Pssh I feel like I'm just giving away my entire self now."
Physical Appearance: Kara is Hispanic. She has tan skin and very dark brown hair. She has brown eyes as well. She wears contacts most of the time, but she occasionally wears big glasses. She enjoys wearing alternative kinds of clothing, but nothing too extreme. She likes green and black. She wears black eyeliner and mascra usually. She's a bit self contience, so she cares about what she wears and how she looks. She is 5'10 and weighs 140 pounds.
Personality: Kara is very confident person. She can be very motherly to her brothers and people younger than her, though she is not a leader. Peaceful and settled conditions appeal to her and she is naturally desirous of having the security of a home, where her life could follow a definite pattern, and where she would not have to make major decisions. Kara has ADHD. Procrastination is a weakness of her nature, causing an inability always to complete her plans or to concentrate for long. She doesn't change her mind very often. She desires refinement, understanding, and appreciation, yet sometimes her outward attitude does not reveal her innermost feelings, and thus you have never felt truly understood. She enjoys change occasionally, thought she still likes to know where her life is going. She loves giving advice and being helpful and understanding, even though no one has ever been that to her.
Talents: Kara Mia enjoys knitting, writing poetry, and playing guitar.
Fatal Flaw: Kara is easily jealous or envious. She isn't greedy, but she still is easily aggravated if she does not get what she wants.
Pets: None.
Song: Skinny Love by Birdy
Nicknames: Kara, Kar, Mia
Other: Kara's colour is #336633.

credit to pinkgirl77

Last edited by annanonana on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: we'll be counting stars [wip]   we'll be counting stars [wip] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

we'll be counting stars [wip]
Page 1 of 1