Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Prose I Can't Explain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
anna.
Honorary Staff Member
anna.

Prose I Can't Explain Empty
PostSubject: Prose I Can't Explain   Prose I Can't Explain I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 5:45 am

Morning Mist

I couldn't sleep. So, I stayed up and stared at a screen. I was up for hours, and hours, fully occupied with this piece of metal. As the time slowly began alluding to day, I looked out my window. Only, I couldn't. The glass was covered in fog so heavy, I could only make out the small amount of darkness left. I thought, what could have caused the fog? There didn't appear to be bad weather. I had not seen any all night.

So, with the hopes of seeing the sun rise gone, I sat back down and stared at the screen some more. I tried finding friends to talk to, so I wouldn't feel so alone, even though I was. However, all my friends were asleep, as they should be. I began to wonder what to do. The screen no longer interested me, despite doing so for the entire night. I stood once more, looking at the fogged window. I tried wiping away the condensation, but it wouldn't work from the inside. At that moment, inside felt so fake. Like it's metal world of machines, tucked away from everything.

When I felt the time was right, I began getting dressed. I found the warmest clothes I could, which wasn't much, since it was summer. I put on an old, black sweater and jeans. I couldn't find boots, so I slipped on sneakers. I put on my hat and slowly approached the door leading to the unknown. As quietly as I could, I opened it. The air outside was warm. It felt wet, and I saw that all around me was the fog. I walked around the old, white, wooden deck. I could see my surroundings just find, but the fog still covered it. While still trying to be as quiet as possible, so I didn't wake my parents, I slid my legs over the fence, and climbed down.

Officially outside, I was amazed. It wasn't night anymore, but there was no sunlight to suggest day. It was beautiful. I walked around the back garden, past the bushes with the berries I wasn't to eat, to the pond, where I sat, listening to the frogs sing to each other. I got up eventually, continued moving around. I looked in the woods, the one place I felt at home, but poison ivy guarded it, sealing it off from me. I walked around for a bit more, enjoying my time out in the real world. But slowly, I made my way back to the deck. I paused for a moment, turning fully around to get one last glimpse of everything. To get a glimpse of the morning mist. Then I climbed the deck, and went back into the metal world.

Back to top Go down
http://www.rooster-sleep.tumblr.com

Prose I Can't Explain
Page 1 of 1