Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions.

Go down 
+2
Sniggle
Nemesis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nemesis

Nemesis

Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions.   Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 4:25 pm

Okay so... I have quite a few suggestions for the forum. I initially wasn't going to say anything however I have obviously changed my mind. These are kind of thoughts I have had since joining but have simply kept to myself as I felt it would be to meddlesome. But looking around some it appears that people are making an attempt to recruit new members? Well I really think this could help with that... SO... here we go...

• A Portal. I saw a suggestion for this was posted a while back but it never went anywhere (actually seen quite a few suggestions like that)... I think some forums can really make portals work where as others... not so much. Its a little difficult to tell here, however you could always give it a trial run and look for feed back. After a week or so if it seems to be a bust... simply take it down.
  • Change the structure of the forum. I don't know about everyone else but I find the main page stretched out way to much. I would suggest putting the structure and hierarchy setting on medium so that the sub boards don't appear directly below the forum their in but rather you have to enter the said forum to see them. It will clean things up a little bit and it wont be such a long trip to the bottom of the forum.
  • Split/Lock the rules. Rules just seem a little more official to me if there aren't a ton of people posting in them. And the easiest way to do that is to lock them. Though I suggest splitting, or just plain old deleting any additional posts.
  • Spring cleaning... Basically have the admins and mods go through things... delete old posts. Possibly completely clean out the grave yard. Unless there's some reason their being kept? But I think after so long posts could just be scrapped altogether. Their only taking up space. This can go for members too. There are members who have never connected (over seven pages actually), and members who haven't logged on since back in 2010... Again just taking up space.
  • Fix up the layout. Now before someone takes offence at this... there is nothing wrong with the layout. There can't be as there really isn't anything to it. Black and Black with a touch of Grey here and there... It gives it a dark feel. I am all for dark layouts but... there's dark then there is too dark. Give the place a little personality. Even if you just fiddle with colors and don't make any actual changes to the layout its self. I think it make things a little more inviting...

This second list are just a few more suggestions though these ones haven't been with me since joining, but rather came to me later on... more recently than anything.

• Change the editor's appearance. White doesn't go well with dark layouts... So tweak the appearance some to make it match. Just an addition of Javascript and a change to the CSS...

And I thought there was at least one more but I can't for the life of me remember... :neutral:So I guess thats all for now. I'll update this if it comes back  or if I come up with more.
Back to top Go down
http://rp-central.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions.   Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 5:33 pm

The last one is definitely going to happen. As for the spring cleaning, we do periodically do that, and give different staff different areas of the forum to clean out. For the other suggestions, I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions.   Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 6:09 pm

i like our black layout. It's simple and, from what i've seen of other chb forums, more professional looking. Just enough colors to differentiate sections. We had a color change last year become things were pretty... ugly. D| I personally don't mind the length of the forum, though there have been multiple complaints of it being too long. Maybe adjust the huntress camp so that it's shorter, because there's a lot of uneccessary length there. And the training can be taken down all together, as that was just for an event some time ago that hasn't been discarded yet. Spring cleaning does happen, and it is time for some again, I'll agree. But right now we have slightly more pressing matters to deal with. Getting rid of old posts is secondary. I'll have to read up more on the other portal suggests before i have an opinion on that. Locking the rules seems ideal, though.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions.   Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 6:33 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Split/Lock the rules. Rules just seem a little more official to me if there aren't a ton of people posting in them. And the easiest way to do that is to lock them. Though I suggest splitting, or just plain old deleting any additional posts.

There were plans and movements to do this but I don't know what happened to them rofl.

I will edit this later because I have limited time at the moment.

edit:

Portal - Like what Nem said, it works on other sites and not in others. Won't say no to giving it a test run.

Change the structure of the forum. - rofl the length of the forum only started bothering me when my PageDown button broke a few days ago xD The Huntress Camp is barely used (if not at all, seeing the last post there was way back in January) and the Training section should be gone by now.

Spring cleaning - staff do forum wipes every now and then, but I don't want the graveyard to be included in that D: I like reading my past rps. Plus I don't see space being a big issue. Forummotion doesn't seem to have some kind of limit.

Fix up the layout. - I personally have no problem with the layout. Black goes well with every color so yay for versatility with my html layouts lol

Change the editor's appearance. - can we just get rid of it altogether oh wait that's not possible oTL (it screws up with coding gah)
yeah at least change it back to black or grey anything that's not as light as white xD

edit2:
due to the rule revisions someone should make an announcement to get members to read it again. or at least put 'update: (date here)' in the title.

Last edited by Sapphire on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions.   Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:53 pm

I have locked several topics and also updated the rules with the changes that we made.

I was thinking about making a questions topic for members who have questions about the rules.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions.   Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 1:31 am

Bean wrote:
I have locked several topics and also updated the rules with the changes that we made.

I was thinking about making a questions topic for members who have questions about the rules.

PMing staff or members.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions.   Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 6:44 pm

I don't want to get rid of the graveyard for the same reason as Saph, and for the length of the forum problem, I think more people click on subboards than the actual boards, and if there was to be a change in the structure, it should just be the unused boards taken away. if anything should be cleaned i think it should be play-by's.

the editor thing is so annoying but there's not much we can do other than like edit it's color I think idk.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions.   Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:38 am

yeah, i think the graveyard should stay too, bc when i'm bored i always go back and read rp's and it makes me sad that like most of the people they'ere with are gone but yeah, i don't think that should change, although i've seen the portal idea on many other sites so i would be up for giving it a test run? Portal beta 0.1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions.   Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions, Suggestions, AND... Yes More Suggestions.
Page 1 of 1