Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joesph sol

Location : Look behind bothe your shoulders 5 timse each sing the alphabet backwords say everyword in the dictionary and then do a backflip wherever you are mentally then. That's my location

The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) Empty
PostSubject: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:10 pm

Tyler was sitting there staring at the water. He was practicing manipulating the speed of the waves. In reality he was just making them bigger. "This is stupid." He thought aloud. Why did Gaea curse him. He could have a girlfriend by now or even just a friend. It wasn't that hard all he had to do was stop from actually having feelings from someone and it would end. He hoped. Well he was just making the waves bigger with his thoughts when suddenly a big wave hit him. He laughed at this. He didn't know if he could breath under water or just make it stay away from him. Could be either because he should have drowned long ago. He then realized there was a small cut on his arm. He put his arm in the water and it then turned all polluted in the area near his hand. His hand then felt awesome. "That hits the spot."
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

Location : I'm outside in your backyard. I'm surrounded by cows. You're jealous.

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:27 pm

The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) Tumblr_melfg6BClJ1rt44mxo1_500
♦luna♦abigail♦collins♦
daughter of poseidon

The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) Tumblr_memeclcXpt1qksb46o1_500
“The sea is my only escape from the outside world, and the problems within it.”
Dry lightning cracks across the skies
Those storm clouds gather in her eyes
Her daddy was a mean old mister
Mama was an angel in the ground
The weather man called for a twister
She prayed blow it down
i walked up to the beach. i was wearing my bikini underneath denim shorts and a loose fitting crop-top. i sighed to myself as i caught sight of the clear, blue ocean. the waves seemed to be going pretty high, which was weird, considering that there was little wind today, and the waves should have been small. this was the work of someone who could manipulate the waves. i scanned the beach for a sibling, but i didn't spot one. as i was looking, i spotted a boy, about two years older than me, sitting staring at the water. he looked as though he was concentrating on something. as i watched, one of the waves, which had been growing gradually larger, hit him in the face. my feet instinctively lunged forward, but he seemed relatively unharmed from the large wave that had just hit him. he didn't even seem out of breath. the boy, after noticing something on his arm, stuck it into the water. the clear blue water around the boy became darker and murky, but when the boy pulled his arm out, he seemed satisfied. did he just purposefully pollute my dad's domain? and who was he anyways? i didn't recognize him from my cabin. there had to be another god that had control over water. i had no idea. i walked up to the boy."excuse me, but do you have any particular reason for polluting my dad's home? i asked in my most forced nice voice. had he just looked at my body and face, it would have looked as though i didn't actually care, but my eyes gave me away. they glinted at the boy in anger, the blue in them shining like the water before us, before he'd polluted it. i smiled at him. if he didn't have a good enough reason, he was going to get it. i realized i was probably over-reacting, and i went through my head the anger exercises jack had taught me. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, i took a deep breath. it was only a little bit of pollution, and daddy could probably get rid of it in seconds. but still. it was the thought that counted. i wasn't going to pummel the boy in front of me. i wasn't going to get angry enough for an earthquake. i wasn't going to summon 50 ft. waves to attack this boy. i breathed in, then out, in, then out. i looked at the boy, waiting for a response.
She locked herself in the cellar
Listened to the screaming of the wind
Some people called it taking shelter
She called it sweet revenge

Back to top Go down
http://eternalfate.forumotion.com/
Joesph sol

Location : Look behind bothe your shoulders 5 timse each sing the alphabet backwords say everyword in the dictionary and then do a backflip wherever you are mentally then. That's my location

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Tyler saw the anger in the girls eyes he tried not to feel bad. " Well I'll let you know my father IS posedian's home. I'm the son of the second husband of Gaea, Pontus the living form of every drop of liquid on this earth. So I have a bit more authority than what little you have over the sea." He said. Than he added. "By the way my names Tyler Linon. You look familiar. Did your mother die in an accident or something?" He asked he was actually curious but he realized he sounded more like he was taunting the girl. He quickly rushed to apologize. "I'm sorry about that comment. Death just tends to follow me. I'll fix the water." With that Tyler stuck his hand back in the pollution and it cleared up instantly. But then he realized. He created the pollution so it was much worse than most dirty water. He coughed brought his hand to his face. "Here we go again." He coughed up more but he moved his hand. Blood was running down his face. So he reached out his hand and literally stopped the waves cold. Than he brought out his mold and wiped the blood into it and suddenly a stream of water flew into the mold. He made it into a knife. "Is this water better?" He asked even though the blood wouldn't stop for a few more minutes and he couldn't see well right now.
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

Location : I'm outside in your backyard. I'm surrounded by cows. You're jealous.

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:46 pm

♦luna♦abigail♦collins♦
daughter of poseidon

She prayed blow it down
i placed my hands on my hips-cliche, i know, but this guy was asking for it. i'd never even heard of this guy's dad, pontos. he definitely didn't have a cabin at camp. my stomach twinged with sympathy about that, which was quickly replaced by a small fire of fury when he mentioned that he had more authority in the world of water. if his power was being able to pollute the water, than i was glad i didn't have that particular power. before i could verbalize this, he introduced himself. his name was tyler linon. i opened my mouth to introduce myself when he mentioned my mother. how did he know that? how did he know she'd died in an accident? had he been talking to my brother? were they friends? no, my brother would not be friends with this insufferable prat who obviously thought he was better than me. my eyes flashed with a mixture of sadness and anger at this.. this... tyler. "my name is luna abigail collins, daughter of poseidon," i informed tyler, my chin held high. my accent flared as i spoke my name. thinking i couldn't leave his comment about my mother left alone, i added, "i don't believe it is of any concern to you the fate of my mother, but seeing as you asked, yes. my mother was killed in a car accident in scotland when i was seven years old," i looked at tyler in distaste. one simply does not ask about a dead family member of the second person in the conversation. especially when you didn't even know their name yet. there was something nagging me in the back of my mind. something i'd heard about tyler's past. i couldn't quite put my finger on it, though, so i forgot about it. my mind snapped back into focus when tyler mentioned that death tended to follow him around. my chin dropped as i stared at this strange boy in front of me. what was he hiding? when he mentioned that he'd fix the water, i opened my mouth to tell him that i could just wash it back out to sea, and my dad would take care of it then. but he'd already stuck his hand into the water, so i decided not to say anything on the matter. i had assumed that he'd just be a little tired after removing the pollution from the water, so when he started coughing a little, i thought this was normal. but then he removed his hand, and i saw a river or crimson running down his face. i lunged forward, thinking that i would help him in any way i could. "oh my gods, tyler, are you okay?" i stopped in front of him, wondering what i could do. water. i barely noticed when he made a knife out of water and a piece of clay, and i barely heard his comment about the water. i grabbed his hand, and pulled him closer to the water. u gently placed one of my hands onto his cheek, and the other into the water. a trail of water went up from my fingers of one hand to my fingers on the other hand. i watched with worried eyes as the water went into his mouth. was this even going to help? i waited for tyler to give some sign about his current health. i hoped to the gods that he was alright.

Back to top Go down
Joesph sol

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 5:54 pm

Tyler noticed the girl trying to help him. He calmly let the water help him. "Thank you. I'm sorry about your mother. My dad is older than the titans I'm not shocked you haven't heard of him. He isn't mentioned very often in the old stories. Though I do remember you in the stories I heard from- Never mind I didn't hear about you from stories...." Tyler had to stop himself. "I ramble a bit sometimes. I guess that happens when your being mortal isn't supposed to be possible." Tyler spoke the truth. No one knew how Pontus was even able to be aware enough to father a child. Because his mind was spread thinner than Gaea's. "You should leave me alone. People have a habit of drowning around me. Even someone like you." He didn't know for sure but it might be possible and he didn't want to have to leave camp. He looked up and said something that is incredibly awkward. "You know this is the longest encounter with someone I've had in three years almost." It was true he avoided people and life in general at camp and was on a kill on sight basis with the cops in the state the camp was in. Everyone else just wanted him in jail.
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 9:32 pm

♦luna♦abigail♦collins♦
daughter of poseidon

She prayed blow it down
once tyler had spoken, and i was confident that he wasn't going to drop dead at my feet, i gently removed my hand from his face, one of my bright blue nails rubbing against his chin, accidentally. i softly smiled at him as he apologized for my mother. i really didn't understand why people did that. it wasn't like it was their fault, or they were there. thinking about my mum made me think about my step-father, frank. and like i always did when i thought of him, my hand instinctively went to the scar that ran on the inside of my elbow. i traced it with a light finger, lost in thought. i looked up, smirking, when tyler said that i should probably leave him alone, or i'd drown. i didn't care who his father was. i wasn't going to just leave. aw, come on, tyler. you're not going to scare me away that easily. i can take care of myself just fine. and besides, if anything comes up, i have a son of ares for an older, over-protective brother. what could go wrong?" i grinned at tyler, my eyes taking on a playful glint. i still didn't trust the boy in front of me, but he didn't need to know that. dark secrets only came out when the person thought they were completely trusted. and once i knew all the dark secrets, i could actually begin to trust someone-if they weren't that bad. when he mentioned that he hadn't had human contact for this long in three years, i could think of only one thing to do. i laughed. it wasn't at him, and it wasn't a girly giggle. i was laughing with him, and it was a full out laugh. my head went forward as i laughed, and my long black hair cascaded down in front of my knees. i brushed it behind my ear as i straightened back up again, but it just fell back in front of my face again. i took a hair elastic from around my wrist and brushed my hair up into a ponytail on the top of my head. my black hair still cascaded down my back, but at least now it was controlled chaos. i looked back at tyler, wondering what we could do to make him have even more human communication. do you run? i asked him, a mischievous grin playing on my lips. i had come here to swim, and so help me, i was going to at least play a game of tag on the beach.

Back to top Go down
Joesph sol

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 9:46 pm

Tyler for the first time in years actually smiled. The girl had laughed. It took him a minute to realize why. He didn't really care. When he heard her question he responded with a little laugh. "I'm not that fast but I do from time to time. Why?" He realized she might be safe to befriend. standing up Tyler thought of something. He gulped. "You know I didn't catch your name yet." He wanted to believe as a daughter of posedian obviously she couldn't drown.
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 5:31 pm

♦luna♦abigail♦collins♦
daughter of poseidon

She prayed blow it down
i grinned when he said that he wasn't very fast. i wasn't the best runner, but the muscles on my legs from swimming didn't do nothing on land. i grabbed him gently by the arm, tugging him gently into the water. we're going to play a friendly game of tag. in the water, i informed tyler, smiling. i put on a fake serious face before adding, you do know how to play, right?" my face broke out into a grin again as i flipped my ponytail back over my shoulder. it would be seriously awkward if he didn't know how to. like what kind of teenager didn't know how to play tag? i grinned again as he asked for my name. i'd already given it to him, but i decided not to tell him. he didn't need to know that he'd already forgotten it. luna abigail collins, at your service, i bowed to him like butlers did in the movies. so, who's it? i asked. i was pretty sure we both knew that he was going to be it first. i had started the game, therefore i wasn't it first. it was simple math. or logic. or whatever it was.

Back to top Go down
Joesph sol

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Tyler had been a little surprised by her kindness but something was nagging at him. "Umm.... this is awkward but I've never played tag." He said walking closer of course he hadn't ever.... though he did know how.... When he got within arms reach he quickly tapped Luna's shoulder. Laughing saying "Your it!" He then dashed away and just mess with her he sped up the current to the point where it would hinder her. But he accidently put to much speed into it and caused a wave that loomed over her. He didn't really know this until he saw the waves. "I have the worst luck." He muttered to himself.
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:59 pm

♦luna♦abigail♦collins♦
daughter of poseidon

She prayed blow it down
i laughed. of course he hadn't ever played it. i should have guessed. there was something different about tyler linon, and i was going to figure it out. but not before i beat him at tag. once again, tyler surprised me, by deciding that i was going to be the one it. that was totally not cool. as i dashed after him, i felt the waves getting larger against my ankles. so this was how we were going to do it. two can play that game, i mutter to myself. i let tyler make the waves bigger and bigger. i waited for the perfect wave, and when a huge wave cast a shadow across me, i knew i had to act fast. i closed my eyes, and concentrated on making a split down the middle of the wave, so that when it hit the ground, i was left unaffected. i was going to start small, then gradually let my control over the water get larger and larger. the wave crashed down, and i only got a small spray of seawater. i smiled. i raised my hand and sent a small wave towards tyler. as soon as i was sure that it would stay in control once i left concentration, i raced up to tyler. just before the wave crashed down on him, i tapped his shoulder. you're it! i laughed before darting away again. i kicked off the flip flops that were still on my feet-they were getting seriously annoying- and waited for tyler's counter attack.

Back to top Go down
Joesph sol

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 9:52 pm

She got Tyler pretty easily. He was having the best time of his life. He dashed towards Luna with the help of the currents. When he was a half inch away from her he stopped cold.he heard something. "What was that?" He said. Then he felt the earth shake and the water pull him down. He saw something. He felt the anger of the earth and the sea. He heard a two ancient voices one resonating out of the earth the other out of the sea. The earth spoke. "You think you have found a way out of this. She may not be able to drown but be warned if you do not break your curse I will wake your father. I will be kind and tell you a way out. You must kill someone in my name who you care for." He felt it come from the earth. He knew enough to know it was Gaea. He than heard the anger of the ocean. He knew Luna would be able to hear it most likely. [color=blue] Son I know you seek friendship but I will not tolerate your feelings of any thing besides hatred at a child of my oppressor if you must continue to feel for her I simply say this. Luna Abigal Collins, Never come near the water again for I can and will drown you. Be warned nothing but tragedy await your path."[color] Tyler turned ice cold he heard his father's voice. It wasn't even a real sound it was like waves crashing into the ground. He stared at her. "Oh by the gods. I have no chance for a normal life. Luna.. Please tell me you didn't hear both of them. Or at least not her?" What he didn't know is that Gaea had spoken to anyone who could hear her.
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 7:53 pm

♦luna♦abigail♦collins♦
daughter of poseidon

She prayed blow it down
i staggered back as the earth shook. i took in a sharp breath. had i done that? i shut my eyes, squishing down as hard as i could. when i opened them, hoping that everything was going to be all right, tyler was gone. i knew instantly he had been pulled under the water. tyler! i screamed at the ocean stretching before me. i froze as i heard a strange voice speak. it sounded as though nature were speaking, but while it was sleeping. gaea. the earth spoke of a curse, and tyler's father, and how 'she' wasn't able to drown. i wasn't an idiot. i knew when i was being spoken about. i was about to open my mouth to tell gaea just exactly what i thought about her, when the ocean spoke. don't ask me how i knew, i just did. the ocean was speaking to me. and it was telling me to stay away from not only the water, but also tyler. ah hell no. i was not going to stand for this. i grabbed the trident-necklace that hung from my neck, and it immediately turned into my trident. i walked up beside tyler, trying to keep my hands for shaking. now, listen here, mr. water. i can do whatever the hell i want to do, and i intend on doing that. there is no way in hade's palace that you are keeping me from the water, or your son here. now i understand any over-protective parent feelings you may be experiencing now, but honestly? you're having major issues. so, if you would kindly back off from myself and tyler, that would be much appreciated. thank you. my little speech came out sounding a lot more confident than i felt. i turned to the earth, so i could give mother nature a piece of my mind. i opened my mouth, but something clicked in my brain. curse. drowning. she can't drown. stay away from the water. i turned back to tyler. oh my gods, tyler! why didn't you say anything about this? i didn't wait for him to answer. i closed the distance between the both of us and tackled him in a giant bear hug. i started shaking as i clung onto tyler. i took in deep breaths, and regained control of myself. pontus couldn't actually hurt me. he wasn't awake. his mind was spread out so much, tyler shouldn't have been born. he couldn't hurt me. he couldn't hurt me. he couldn't hurt me. he couldn't hurt me. i made a mental note to kill tyler if we made it out of this alive. after i hugged him more. how could a fifteen year old go through all of this without anyone? well, for one thing, he was forced to. you know, seeing as everyone he cared for just happened to drown. bit of a downside to human communication, really. tyler, what are we going to do? i half-muttered, half-spoke.

Back to top Go down
Joesph sol

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 8:05 pm

Tyler was shocked on about a hundred different levels. "Luna first things first. Please let me go I'm kind of not that great at physical contact. Next here's what we will do. I can tell your not going to like this. But stay away from water until I do some research and only drink liquids to live nothing more and try not to have too much saliva. We can't rule anything out. Pontus isn't overprotective." He said he found himself having a hard time saying this. He stuttered as he started shaking. "He-he hates all children of posedion for oppressing him. He would be fine if I-I listened to Gaea on this and Sac-Sacri-" Tyler just couldn't finish this sentence He had always wanted to be free of the curse but to kill someone- On purpose at that- Was just too much for Him he started to mutter to himself as his hands shook. "There has to be another way. There has to be another way." He didn't want to do it mostly not because of the fact that Gaea would want it to be a long and painful ceremony but also. He felt Luna was a good person. Unlike the that one person he killed.
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 8:50 pm

♦luna♦abigail♦collins♦
daughter of poseidon

She prayed blow it down
i stepped away from tyler, my cheeks burning with embarrassment. i'd gotten just a little carried away there... i listened as tyler spoke. as much as i thought it was stupid, i had to agree, it was the safest thing to do. oh my gods, jack was going to kill me once he found out about this. i probably wouldn't be let out of his sight for more than five seconds. my gaze softened as tyler began to shake. i grabbed his hand and squeezed it comfortingly. i knew he wasn't going to willingly sacrifice someone, and even if he tried, he wasn't getting anywhere near me. i was too awesome. but i would help him to find another way to break the curse. that was probably the worst time for me to remember that tyler had been suspected for murder before he'd come to camp. oh my gods, had he actually killed that person? now that the thought was in my brain, i couldn't get it out. but i also couldn't just casually ask someone, "oh, hey, have you ever killed someone?". that was socially unacceptable. i held back. tyler, shh. everything's going to be all right. everything's going to be fine. you're going to be fine, i'm going to be fine, you're not going to have to kill anyone. we'll find another way to break the curse. i'll help you every step of the way, even if it kills me. i promise, i spoke in what i hoped to be a soothing manner. i wasn't really good with the whole comforting thing, but hey, i tried my best, so therefore no one should criticize me.

Back to top Go down
Joesph sol

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Tyler was calming down. "I suppose your right. Do you have any idea where we should start looking into this I mean have you ever even heard of a child of Pontus other than me?" Tyler tried to smile but the more he thought about it the more he figured there was no way out, in fact defying Gaea would mean war with his father..... War. His mind suddenly snapped back into coherent thinking. "Luna did you mention a brother who was a son of Ares? Because I'm sure he could help. Also we should find every source of information regarding rituals because Gaea most likely has a specific form of sacrificing in mind and if we can figure out what it is we may have found a way out." Tyler looked at Luna. He tried to imagine things going to the point where no one would be in danger. He could only see two ways at the moment and one was her dead and the other was living a life so hollow and pointless that she would prefer the other. "I think we should go find your brother." Tyler concluded. Taking a deep breath.
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:47 pm

♦luna♦abigail♦collins♦
daughter of poseidon

She prayed blow it down
i smiled at tyler as he seemed to calm down. when he mentioned my brother, i frowned. would jack be able to help? it was worth a shot, and besides, he'd kill me if i didn't let him in on this. yes, his name is jack. he might be of help here, but he also might go on a killing streak until he kills your father. but that's unlikely, i smirked at tyler to let him know i was kidding. hopefully. research is good. very good. we should definitely do that, i stepped a bit farther from the water. i didn't know when this whole thing was officially starting, and i didn't want to take any chances. also, no, i haven't. if you remember, i had no idea who your father even was before today. now, what were we going to do now? i agreed with finding jack, and usually he just kind of popped up at the beach while i was swimming. i scanned the beach, and sure enough, he was walking down the beach towards us. i pointed him out to tyler. that's my brother, jack. i waved to my brother, a smile brightening my face. even just seeing him when i was scared was enough to make me feel better. jack would protect me. he was going to help us sort this out.

Back to top Go down
Joesph sol

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Tyler saw Jack. At which point the rare occurence of him being socially aware took place. I mean he doubted Jack would be thrilled with him being near Luna. He than considered how this looked from a different point of view. Which than led to him remembering that it was known camp wide that he was a suspected murderer. All this added up to one idea. "I'm as good as dead if I get on his bad side aren't I?" He asked Luna. But taking the initiative he walked torwards Jack and extended his hand. "Hello I'm Tyler Linon son of Pontus and apparently by the evaluations of Gaea and my father a caring friend of Luna's I don't believe this but you may want to hear the rest from her." Tyler said He than had a plan the second he shook Jack's hand He would step out of arms reach plus enough that only a really well aimed thrown dagger would hit him. Tyler than realized he had imagined doing or saying anything and had just planned to do it right away.

((OOC:The actions described in this post will happen right after Jack gets close enough to shake hands with Tyler.))
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 4:51 pm

The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) Tumblr_mb1u6uS6Qf1r9kzx4
∞jack∞george∞wilson
son of ares
The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) Tumblr_m8hxkzoPQQ1qc6jkio1_500
"did you hear me correctly? i said 'ares'. you should be running."
don't paitronize, i realize
i'm losing and this is my real life
i'm half asleep, and i am wide awake
this habit is always so hard to break

i smiled when i saw luna waving to me. i changed my direction to head over to my younger sister. luna was smiling, but there seemed something wrong with her face. her eyes looked terrified. standing next to her was a boy about my age. he wasn't looking too good himself. i didn't know who this guy was, but i tried to keep an open mind. luna seemed comfortable around him, so he couldn't be that bad. however, if he was the cause of luna's terrified eyes, he was going down. the boy said something to luna, who answered apprehensively. something was definitely going on here. when i was pretty close to the two of them, the boy stepped out to meet me, his hand out for a handshake. i took his hand, sizing him up. he introduced himself as tyler linon, son of pontus. i dropped his hand when he mentioned gaea. i knew who this kid was. he was suspected for murder. i reached into the back pocket of my jeans, producing my sword, holding it in front of me. tyler had already stepped away from me, as though he'd already known what would happen. the boy seemed to think that if he was far enough away that only a skilled dagger throw would hit him, he was safe from me. oh, how he was wrong. i know who you are. you better start explaining yourself, or i just might accidentally maim you. i stepped closer to tyler, but luna stepped in front of him. what in the name of hades was going on here?
i don't want to be the bad guy,
i've been blaming myself and i think you know why
i'm killing time, and time's killing you
every way that I do

♦luna♦abigail♦collins♦
daughter of poseidon

She prayed blow it down
i almost laughed at tyler's comment. almost. but the weight of the truth behind it, and the seriousness of this situation, stopped me. if jack saw a reason to, tyler was a goner. pretty much i managed to choke out. my stomach was churning like the ocean during a rainstorm, and i could feel my palms getting clammy. could i drown in my own sweat? i really hoped not. that led to thoughts of drowning in the toilet, which i quickly pushed from my head. i walked with cautious eyes as jack took tyler's hand. i knew jack was going to pull his sword on tyler. i turned my trident back into my necklace, and stepped in front of jack before anything happened. look, jack, i know this looks bad, and probably sounds bad, as well.. i began, but you have to listen, and not hurt tyler. please. for me, i then proceeded to tell him everything, stepping back as i did, so i was standing next to tyler. when i was finished, i looked from tyler to jack, wondering what was going to happen.

Back to top Go down
Joesph sol

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Tyler was a little more nervous. "Well just so I don't end up maimed I'd like to be clear that I had very little knowledge of what my curse is able to do and I had no idea how to end it. Ok now that that's cleared up we were kind of hoping you might be able to help us deal with this slight problem of parent rivalry?" Tyler said to Jack He looked at Luna quickly just to be sure his words weren't dissaproved. Then Tyler looked at the ocean. "How could things get any worse?" He said than thought of something. "Hey did anyone here notice that the water is much more calm?" He asked and it was. Still enough problems to remove any weather problems but.... Tyler thought of something and litterally yelped when a small splash of water hit him he scrambled backwards. "Umm... maybe I should avoid water too, I don't think Poseidon will like this situation much. What with my father being his realm and us upsetting the mind of the sea... Just a thought." Tyler pondered his ordeal for a moment. He had some problems ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 4:03 pm

∞jack∞george∞wilson
son of ares

i lowered my sword, but it wasn't going to leave my side for a while. thoughts were swirling around in my brain. just so i didn't get the story wrong when i spoke out loud, i went over what luna had told me in my head. tyler, who's dad is pontus, the ruler of all water, was cursed by gaea so that everyone he cared for would drown, and luna was apparently the cared for one in this situation. i had a feeling luna didn't quite feel the same way back, seeing as her fatal flaw was having issues trusting people. anyways, luna was threatened by all water that if she went near it she would drown, blah blah blah, we had to figure this out. oh, and as of now, the only actual solution to the problem is a sacrifice. woopdee doo. all right, i'll help you. but only because i don't want no one sacrificing my sister, i only half-growled at tyler. now, what exactly was it you had in mind for the whole breaking-the-curse part? i looked at tyler sceptically. he was going to take a while to gain my trust. and i wasn't the one with the trust issues.
every way that I do

♦luna♦abigail♦collins♦
daughter of poseidon

She prayed blow it down
i inwardly sighed with relief when jack put his sword down. i almost collapsed with relief when he said he'd help. i wanted to hug him right then and there, but before i could, tyler said something about the water. i looked to the side just in time to see a small splash of water hit him in the face. gods, dad, that was rude, i thought, hoping my dad would get the memo. that was when the thought struck me. hey, tyler, do you think your dad will be able to know every single piece of our conversation if we speak near water? i asked him. because, you know, that would be bad. then any plan we made would be foiled before it even got started.

Back to top Go down
Joesph sol

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Tyler calmed and thought Luna's question through. "Well since my father is witness to about a few billion situations at once and if he did hear us he would take a few hours to sort it out on his own. Also even if we did leave the water there's a certain amount of water in our bodies not to mention I'm pretty sure Gaea would be able to hear us as well. So it won't help no matter what. We just have to be moving faster than their minds." Tyler concluded in response to Luna's query. Then he turned to Jack. "We need to know what sacrificial ritual Gaea would have me use because that may have a clue as to how to trick the forces of nature that Gaea may have made the curse with into believing that the circumstances have been met. Alternatively following the same steps I could try to find a way to convince Gaea that the requirements have been met. Such as finding a way to simulate a death like state that could than be used to fake it with several tricks. But that would be very difficult as it would require a risk of being found out." Tyler had one more idea but he knew that Jack would kill him if he mentioned it and Luna would probably get a little scared and that was an understatement. He knew that he wasn't telling them something but even though the idea would end with everyone still alive their health and mental states would be in question. "I don't have anything else to say." He said slowly as he almost hoped his lie would be spotted. He looked down at the ground and closed his eyes in prayer for just a second. " Gods forgive me for what I'm about to do." He muttered so soft it should have been impossible to hear. As Tyler made up his mind to resolve everything once and for all. He shed a tear of remembrance. A tear of crimson red. "I'm a monster or might as well be." He said as he looked up more tears running down his face.
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:31 pm

∞jack∞george∞wilson
son of ares

i nodded in agreement with tyler. we'd just have to move faster than the two ancient god and/or goddess's minds could move. i listened to tyler's plan of figuring out what would be needed for the sacrifice-which was definitely not going to happen on my watch. it seemed like a logical plan, but it was also risky. i guess everything that was about to go down was going to be risky. i could no longer deny that. i was about to open my mouth to agree with this plan when i saw something flash through tyler's eyes. he was most definitely hiding something from us. and i wanted to know what it was. he especially made it worse for himself when he stated he had nothing else to say. i mean, who does that if they're not hiding something? alright, now. i think we can both agree that you're hiding something, tyler, so let's just be sophisticated about it. you tell me what you're not telling us, and i won't go all ninja on you. agreed? i hated to sound so harsh, but this dude needed to know that if my little sister's health was in question, people answered to me.
every way that I do

♦luna♦abigail♦collins♦
daughter of poseidon

She prayed blow it down
my cheeks burned red after jack's little speech. i got that he cared about me, and all, but if he went all chuck norris every time something happened there was going to be a problem. however, i had also noticed that tyler seemed to be hiding something, so i didn't protest. i felt my defenses going up again, because i still didn't trust tyler, and if he was hiding stuff, then it was going to be hard to learn to. but my defenses slightly crumbled as i heard his whispered prayer. but i also got the meaning behind it. he was going to do something, and if it was stupid, then i would have a problem with that. i looked at tyler's face, for a clue as to what in the name of hades was going on, when i saw a streak of crimson falling down his face. not this again. what was with tyler and always bleeding from strange places. tyler, are you ok? i asked him as he lifted his face, calling himself a monster. tyler, you are not a monster, and i will not tolerate you thinking so. i moved to stand in front of tyler. lu, is this normal? i heard jack ask from behind me. i softly smiled; jack would always be jack.

Back to top Go down
Joesph sol

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Tyler looked at Jack. "I have a third way. Logic in Gaea's mind would have it that if I did care for Luna than I would care for extended family of hers if she ever did. So since there's someone who I know you two might actually approve of dealing with because if we were to both sacrifice that person to Gaea it would clear up the curse. I mean neither of you would mind something happening to your step-father." Tyler than realized what he said. "They had told me not to let people know that I talk with my father once a month for hours on end. I know a lot about Luna, in fact all children of the sea. From fish to demigods to titans to gods. He tells me about their whole life. That's why I knew about your mother Luna." There Tyler had finally said what he had been told not to ever say. "Well I'll tell you one more thing. Once when I was 7 a few months before Pontus took my mother from me in exchange for allowing her to last until my eighth birthday I would go and watch him kill a child of Poseidon, he told me to speed up the currents. I found out later that this random child had angered my father. He couldn't kill them if I wasn't used as an additional conduct for my father to drown them with I blacked out when I arrived and awoke finding the child being pushed under the currents by me. The person was already dead even as I tried to help them. My father allowed my mother to live long enough to see me to my eighth birthday and than got me to camp safely. He apologized and promised that he would never do that again. He swore on the river Styx. He started telling me stories about other children of the embodiments like him and children of Poseidon including Luna..." Tyler confessed. That was why he was a monster. Than he heard a sound. "Is someone there?" He yelled. A boy he didn't recognize had shown up. He had grey eyes and was very thin.

Louis had seen that he had been found out. He saw the one kid in all of camp to not be told about his sister. "Umm... Hi I'm Louis Cion." He saw two people whom he recognized from around camp as he had told pretty much everyone about his sister Kristina. "Your Jack and Luna right?"

((OOC: Just to be clear Louis shows up after they react to what Tyler told them.))
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 9:51 pm

∞jack∞george∞wilson
son of ares

i let my arms relax, but my back was still tense. there was just something about this guy i didn't like. i couldn't explain it. it was probably the fact that he was pretty much the reason my sister wasn't allowed in her father's domain anymore. but, you know, that was a weird reason to not trust someone. it was probably just me. when he said extended family, i honestly thought he was referring to killing me. i was like, ain't no way you sacrificing all this. that ain't going down. but when he mentioned my step-father, my chin pretty much hit the floor. what the hell? you didn't just go around killing people! i mean, this guy might, but i didn't. no, i spoke firmly, luna's voice in synch with mine. at least we agreed on this.
every way that I do

♦luna♦abigail♦collins♦
daughter of poseidon

She prayed blow it down
no, i told tyler, hearing my brother's deeper voice in synch with my own. good. we were on the same page here. look, tyler, i doubt you understand this, seeing as you seem pretty mess- i stopped myself, taking a deep breath. i stepped back from tyler, so i was closer to jack, and started again. tyler, you can't just go sacrificing someone. especially if you grew up with them, believed they were your father. i don't care what he did to me, jack or even my mum. there is no way in hades that i am sacrificing my step-father. in fact, there is no way i am sacrificing anyone. because it's wrong. i don't want someone's life, or death, just sitting around on my conscious for the rest of my life. alright? i closed my eyes, breathing deeply before i started freaking out and hyperventilating. i felt a hand close on mine from behind. jack. i squeezed his hand back, not wanting to face what was happening.
i listened to tyler's story, about his father, and what he'd done to that kid, but i couldn't bring myself to comfort him. not this time. that boy, he was my brother. i shared his blood. he was family. i bit back tears of loss for the poor boy i hadn't even known. i felt jack squeeze my hand again, and i leaned back into his muscled chest. i wasn't ready for this. i wasn't prepared. i wanted to go back in time.
my head snapped back up from jack's chest when i heard another boy. i looked, and saw louis cion. i'd met him before, and i knew his story. i doubted there was anyone in this camp that didn't. hi, louis. how are you? i ask, fake-smiling, hoping that he hadn't heard what we were talking about.

Back to top Go down
Joesph sol

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 10:40 pm

Tyler knew he shouldn't have said anything. Even as Jack and Luna's attention moved to the other boy he was ashamed. He supposed he deserved it. No one in the world could blame themselves for their mothers death. No one. "Hello uh.... Louis was it?" Tyler asked calmly. He stared at the ground than the water. What could he do at least his father and Gaea thought he was in favor of a sacrifice, and now that Tyler thought of it if Gaea thought he could corrupt a child of Posedian into commiting murder she might let her live. The boy named Louis glanced at him with a little compasion... He couldn't put his finger on it but he was sure Louis may have heard something. Than he spoke.

Louis had overheard part of the story. Most importantly the part where Tyler's mother died. He cringed for a second than looked at Tyler something he didn't have for many people. Understanding. "I overheard part of it. Also Tyler I can understand what you've been through. Ask one of them." He said geusturing to Luna and Jack. Tyler looked up at him and glared with hatred. "What could you possibly know about causing the death of another?! None of you get what it means to have blood on your hands when all you did was try to protect someone you loved. Then they died because of you!...." Tyler was obviously erupting with anger. "I don't know what you've been through Louis but there is no way in this world that you understand.... " Louis than countered. "Well what do you know another killer in the world of demigods. That's what you are for what you did." Louis was angry. He remembered the room he found full of dead or half dead people. Louis glared. "I'm a coward and your a vile disgusting killer.... I have never been spiteful towards people. But you'll be an exception. One of you two be sure to tell what happened to me when this is over." Louis steped towards him with blade ready as Tyler lunged at Louis using his blade of water. Tyler aimed at louis's rib but Louis was already reacting as he saw the way things would go he took out his weapon and pointed it at Tyler as Tyler readjusted his blade to be able to pierce Louis's skin should they need to.

Last edited by Joesph sol on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : editing)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)   The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The tides are coming in to stay(Colleen)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next