Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Monster Assaulting Techniquies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
moon
Elite Writer
moon

Monster Assaulting Techniquies  Empty
PostSubject: Monster Assaulting Techniquies    Monster Assaulting Techniquies  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:52 pm

Monster Assaulting Techniquies  25s8q4m

Faye Lynn McJean

Daughter of Athena

Faye stood in the center of the arena, flexing her fingers to keep them from freezing over. She scanned the empty arena, awaiting the campers for training. The demigod figured that they wouldn't show up until after breakfast, but who knew? Stranger things had happened. Her grey eyes rested on the wooden doors behind her, hiding her training plans for later. Growls and hisses could be heard from the other rooms, making the girl's lips curve into a small smile. She couldn't wait for this.

The demigod debated sitting on one of the benches, before hearing another scream of annoyance from behind the thick wooden gates. "Shhh, don't scare them away yet," Faye hissed, frowning slightly. She hoped that someone would show up at least, seeing that she wasn't really interested in teaching herself something she already knew. Pushing herself away from the walls, she retreated to the center once more. Faye pursed her lips slightly, growing impatient. Tapping echoed throughout the silent room, covering up the shuffling of the beast lingering in the shadows of the enclosed rooms behind her.

Faye had taught classes before, but hoped this was her best yet. She knew a lot about monsters, sure, having studied them for all of her five years at camp. However, the girl was mentally preparing herself for this one, her thoughts registering simple techniques and moves on monsters. Hearing another set of feet on the cold ground, her grey eyes shot up, fingers resting on the hilt of her sword, a bit on edge from focusing.

Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Monster Assaulting Techniquies    Monster Assaulting Techniquies  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 pm

As Brandon Mathias strode into the arena, his weapons stored in his magic backpack, he couldn't help but think about how nice it was to be back at camp. For a long time, he'd been away, visiting his mom and fending off monster ambushes. The second part wasn't exactly his plan, but it had never been easy for demigods to hide from their mythical enemies. Fortunately, he'd made it back alive, and he was carrying that much more combat experience to share with the other half-bloods.
Given his age, skill and experience, Brandon should have been the teacher of most combat courses at Camp Half-Blood, but he was just getting back into the swing of things. Besides, he wasn't a prideful one and did not discount the daughter of Athena already standing in the arena just because she was a girl and younger than him. "Morning. How do you do?"
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: Monster Assaulting Techniquies    Monster Assaulting Techniquies  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Blythe~||~Ignoramus~||~Septavian
Blythe didn't really want to go to training just yet. Or at all. Sure, it'd be good to get taught a little, but Blythe trained by herself. In battles, her technique was just hacking away at the enemy until they turned into dust. But her twin brother, Ron, forced her into the session. So here she was, trudging her way to the arena, in her camp tee and denim shorts. Upon entering though, her face broke into a grin. She'd met Faye before, and it was fine by Blythe if she was taught by the daughter of Athena. Sword in hand, she quickened her pace, ignoring the other camper, rude as she was. "Hey Faye! Haven't seen you in a while," she greeted the younger girl. Not that age mattered.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Monster Assaulting Techniquies    Monster Assaulting Techniquies  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 9:41 pm

Faye Lynn McJean

Daughter of Athena

Faye smiled as two older campers came into the training area. A soft smile filling up half of her face as she waved at the older Ares camper that she didn't quite recognize. " Great, and you?' the demigod replied with a grin still playing on her lips. She brushed her silky black hair out of her eyes and jogged over to Blythe. "Hey, no kidding!" the demigod answered. The girl smiled and walked over to one of the doors, hearing hisses and squeals coming from the sides of others. "Okay, I know you guys are experienced, so let's see about your smarts, eh?" Faye asked, cranking open the heavy metal door.

The head of a beautiful woman appeared out of the door with a smile curling on her thin face. As she walked out, the body of a lion appeared, sleek, yet deadly. "Meet my friend, the Sphinx," Faye said proudly. She had meet the beast a few times wandering in the forest, and she willingly offered to test demigods. "Just dueling though, no killing, she's smart too ya know," she added. The sphinx sat down in front of the two, eying them carefully. "No killing, yes," she agreed swiftly.

"What goes on four legs in the morning, on two legs at noon, and on three legs in the evening?" the monster questioned, glancing at the child of Athena, as if telling her not to respond. One of the two would have to answer, or she would attack. Faye chewed her lip nervously, hoping this would work. This was just a warm - up, then she would sent the monster back in her cage for the time being.

Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Monster Assaulting Techniquies    Monster Assaulting Techniquies  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 9:46 pm

"I'm not good at riddles," Brandon admitted. "Still, this one's way too famous. Alright, Sphinx, listen up. The answer you want is: man. As a baby, he crawls on all fours, as an adult, he walks on two legs, and as an old man, he needs a cane, like a third leg."
He was 99 percent sure that was the answer. 99.5 percent, in fact. Still, his fingers drummed on the aerosol can at his belt, just in case the Sphinx decided to throw a curveball.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Monster Assaulting Techniquies    Monster Assaulting Techniquies  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 10:09 pm

Faye Lynn McJean

Daughter of Athena

Faye knew the answer to the question, and so did Brandon, obviously. Her grey eyes watched him tap his belt just in case. The demigod glanced over at the monster, seeing it's lip curl into a sneer. "Very well, son of Ares," she hissed. Faye leaned against the cobblestone wall, simply supervising.

The sphinx rearranged herself, seeming to get more comfortable. "What has a head, a tail, is brown, and has no legs?" she asked the girl, raising an eyebrow. Turning to the other demigod, the beast smirked. "What English word has three consecutive double letters?" she asked, knowing that the demigods hardly ever read, if they could manage it at all.

Back to top Go down
Excelsior

Excelsior

PostSubject: Re: Monster Assaulting Techniquies    Monster Assaulting Techniquies  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 10:13 pm

"Damn it," Brandon muttered. He swore, the legends said that the sphinx only ever challenged travelers with that one riddle. Not only did she have another, but it was one he could never answer. Firstly, his dyslexia made it hard to read, as was the case with all half-bloods. Second, he had never been an academic. His talents lay with his body, not his brain.
Instantly, the aerosol can was in his hand, expanding into a bronze saberstaff. Brandon held the weapon in front of him defensively, waiting for the monster to attack.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: Monster Assaulting Techniquies    Monster Assaulting Techniquies  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 10:16 pm

Blythe~||~Ignoramus~||~Septavian
Blythe smirked. Her brother had given her riddles from time to time, and she knew this one. "A penny," she said proudly. She wasn't the thinking kind of girl, but this one was simple. Even so, she readied her sword, just like the Ares camper, just in case she was wrong. Which could happen, as, again, she was not the thinking kind of girl.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: Monster Assaulting Techniquies    Monster Assaulting Techniquies  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 5:10 pm

Faye Lynn McJean

Daughter of Athena

Faye smiled softly at the son of Ares' response to the question, knowing it was rude, but continuing to smile brightly. The sphinx seemed to have the same reaction, smirking as she often did when confusion struck wandering people she often questioned. Dismissing the fact that Blythe answered correctly, her muscles tensed. The demigod watched, standing up without the support of the wall now, as the monster lunged at Brandon, claws beared.

occ: sorry for the late reply! also, please refrain from having your characters beat the crap out of the sphinx.

Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

Location : I'm outside in your backyard. I'm surrounded by cows. You're jealous.

PostSubject: Re: Monster Assaulting Techniquies    Monster Assaulting Techniquies  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 5:36 pm

Monster Assaulting Techniquies  Tumblr_mefk5dOKfm1qe8d0go1_500
hakuna matata!
what a wonderful phrase
hakuna matata!
ain't no passing craze
☻zephyr☻aspen☻bond☻
son of dionysus
Monster Assaulting Techniquies  Tumblr_me47zurIPu1rywetuo1_500 "your life is so hilarious!"

i wandered into the space in the arena meant for monster-battling-training. i groaned to myself. i really did not want to do this. there were about a thousand other things i could think of that i wanted to be doing instead of this. my left hand rested on the hilt of my celestial bronze sword hanging from my belt. i walked through the doors, expecting to see a couple of other demigods waiting around for the class to start. what i was not expecting was a sphinx lunging at an older camper. oh my gods. why was i here? i decided it was best to just stay by the walls as i made my way to faye, who was obviously the teacher of this class. she was the only one in the room not in front of a sphinx. i moved very slowly, praying that the monster wouldn't see me. i inched up to faye, and spoke through the corner of my mouth, i'm zephyr. i'm here for the class. i will only take part if you promise that i won't get slaughtered by giant woman with lion's bodies. i took the beast in with apprehensive eyes. i felt bad for the two demigods in front of it. maybe faye would just put me in the next exercise and i wouldn't have to deal with all the thinking that came with battling a sphinx.

it means no worries
for the rest of your days
it's our problem-free philosophy

hakuna matata!
Back to top Go down
http://eternalfate.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Assaulting Techniquies    Monster Assaulting Techniquies  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Assaulting Techniquies
Page 1 of 1