Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Trigger warnings for everyone yay

Go down 
+6
Banana
Zan
Nico
Sniggle
Crispy Bacon
cher
10 posters
AuthorMessage
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

Trigger warnings for everyone yay Empty
PostSubject: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:13 am

I'm not trying to be a prick here, but there are references to abuse (drugs, alcohol, verbal, sexual, physical), bullimia, anorexia, and other triggering content in some of our posts. For some, it may be simply disturbing, for others, it may trigger thoughts. I think we need to be more careful with what we post. I'm not saying that you can't have dramatic plots, I'm just saying that writing 'tw: triggerhere' at the beginnin of the post or in the topic title would be preferred by future members or just people browsing the topics. There are also some people who find certain topics disturbing, perhaps you could write a note stating that the post or content may be disturbing. Kinda like the 'viewer discretion is advised' warning that you see for more mature programs on tv.

I know almost nobody uses these things out of Tumblr, but it would still be beneficial. Kinda like a 'put smut under a read more'/keep smut in PMs thing. It could be made a rule, but it could be strongly recommended too. But it's just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:22 am

Yeah, I think that's a pretty good idea. And for character profiles too, because some of them have some pretty intense pasts which could be considered kind of... disturbing? I know that some people already comment on some of their profiles OOC though and say that their character histories contain abuse and stuff.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 9:25 am

Yeah but it's not obvious enough sometimes and others miss it D:
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Well writing smut is against the rules in the first place, but we could come up with a Scale of ratings or use one already in existance and if a rp becomes intense just edit the rating into the title.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:01 pm

/agrees with sniggle
Like movie ratings but for topics. It would be kind of a chore, because you'd have to make a set of rules for the ratings, but it would be worth it.

Last edited by Nico on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:05 pm

I feel like this was entirely aimed at me. Considering almost all of my characters could be the trigger warning type of characters.

relax, cher, I know it wasn't. I'm only teasing.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 6:15 pm

Nobody was aimed at, btw. I LOVE YOU THO, ZAN
(ALSO ELIPSY WARNINGS SHOULD BE PUT IN PLACE :/)
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:21 pm

Skye wrote:
relax, cher, I know it wasn't. I'm only teasing.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:25 pm

Yes i read that part
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 5:07 am

Isn't the site PG in the first place? As in, 11 year olds would be safe here in case they pick out a random topic?
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 5:17 am

This isn't about the 11 year olds being safe thing though. It's more about even the slightest hints can put someone back into depression or something they were struggling with before.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 2:00 pm

I've seen it on another site where if there's something potentially you know, serious in something, you put very simply [DARK] in brackets.
This refers to drugs, alcohol, rape, violence, anything sexual, mentions of murder or suicide... you know, basically anything that some people would fine disturbing.

Then we could always go pretty basic and use the movie rating system. By this I mean G, PG, PG-13, 15, 16, 18 and so on and so forth. They would be easy to understand and pretty short to write into a topic name /shrug
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 4:26 pm

drugs, alcohol, violence, mentions of murder or suicide...

But not rape or anything like that. Absolutely not.

This is a kid friendly website. It is open to the internet and isn't just on your screen. I'm 12 years old people. I look around the site. Anything inappropriate like that should have serious consequences. Like banning. If it is on the site AT ALL, it should be in pms.

And I agree with Vina on the move ratings, but it's 15 then 18 then 21. 18 is only applicable if it is really disturbing. Anything over 15 should be in PMs.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:26 pm

But mentions are bound to be there. :/
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 8:14 am

Mentions are fine, but there is a fine line between a mention and actually doing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 2:55 pm

Banana wrote:
Isn't the site PG in the first place? As in, 11 year olds would be safe here in case they pick out a random topic?

The sites PG-13, so there really shouldn't be topics with anything disturbing in nature in the first place. Honestly I think if some topics disturb some people, and most of the site is at or above that age, then you don't need a trigger warning. The disturbing content of the RP just shouldn't be there.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 4:56 am

Actually, PG-13 allows moderate violence, some suggesstive material, suggested nudity, some sexual content, and soft drug use.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 6:04 am

Really? Hm...
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 7:05 am

Yeah, because rp think of what the average 13 year old these days knows about and is okay with being exposed to.
I think we need to clarify on our rating.
Maybe we can say a little risky stuff is allowed for older members (and yes this can be lied about, but so what, if they want to act older go ahead) and under a tag. (In the name it can say PG-13+ or something.) and we, or the staff, whoever, can decide what PG-13 really is and clarify, like our list of bad words.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 10:14 am

Hmm Nico is right, I think. I mean, there is going to be a point where people are eventually going to get bored and leave or start lying about the sort of stuff that they post because it's against age rating. Personally, I think that the whole older members thing (although I'm not one of the oldest but yolo) is pretty beneficial if you want people to stay andf have fun. Nothing like sex and all that jazz, obvo, but if Zelly didn't think what Cher said was even appropriate, then it would probably those sorts of things. Idek.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Hmm, but what if 10 year olds decide to click so called [Dark] topics then? Curiosity can really kill a cat. I remember there was a post in here, forgot by whom, and I opened it to contain slightly disturbing and detailed suicide about a character cutting her throat open. So, if older members can/will make posts like those? That doesn't stop younger members to read them.

And, I thought we already had this issue about the site's rating? I remember a parent complaining and by then we weren't even allowed anything above a slight peck on the lips. Lemme see..

EDIT: Here. I know it's January last, LAST year, but sometimes history repeats itself. And yes, I'm that old to remember the topic.

Last edited by Banana on Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 6:59 pm

As of what Cher has said, we should only allow that amount of material on this site. The older members in the site however have to acknowledge that there are going to be 10 year olds possibly looking over the forum.
Keep the dark brutal stuff private through PMs, IM sites and programs etc. I don't think it's necessary/okay to be posting a detailed post about a character cutting her throat open in a PG-13 public forum like that.
Kissing is okay, Making out is kinda somewhat over the line but not really, Getting jiggy should be kept private.
You probably know the rhythm to this already. But yeah, that's my two cents.
Back to top Go down
http://mostgloriousbeing.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trigger warnings for everyone yay   Trigger warnings for everyone yay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trigger warnings for everyone yay
Page 1 of 1