Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vixy

Vixy

Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- Empty
PostSubject: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 6:51 pm

Cold. Tabitha's worst enemy. The blond demi-god did not like winter. She spent all the cold months at camp in the forge. Where there was fire. Here, there was only a heavy coat and some earmuffs. But it was worth it, and necessary. How was she supposed to live in the real world outside of camp without doing so first before she was an adult and had no choice? Plus she got to stay close to Reigh. That had been the biggest reason. She could only laugh at her own choice. Leaving the warmth of the forges at camp to follow a BOY home. But, apparently they were right when they said love changes a person. So now she got to brave the cold...and high school. Oi vey.

"So.... where're we going? And who do I have to meet before settling in?" She finally chattered out, rubbing her arms through the puffy sleeves of her coat.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 9:28 pm

It was cold and of course Reigh was perfectly comfortable in it. Although he rolled up the win dows up and.turned the heat on to be torable for now. Driving carefully down roads towards a city. It wasn't huge but sizable. Stopped at a red light Reighleh turned to look at his girlfriend. "Well I think we can take a small
tour around then get you settled in." Pushing up his glasses and moving his hair from his face the teen started down the road as the green light turned. Reigh turned down a road with a couple stores and later on branched into suburbans. A mile or so back he pulled into a parking lot. Ahead of them stood a school two stories and had gates locked around them. "First off this is school obvisouly."
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ColberstheSheep
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 12:05 pm

Tabitha snuggled into her coat and looked at all the buildings as they passed, curious about her new town. Making mental notes for later shopping, she nodded in agreement at the tour. "So.... school.... " Pushing her curly hair out of her eyes, she stared at it all, taking it all in. "So...I don't suppose you have a smithing club here..?" she asked, smiling goofily at Reigh.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 2:09 pm

Reigh watched the curious expression with a amusment. Her queston pulled a laugh out of the blond. "No. there is a wood shop and an artison class." He looked back at the brick building. "I have hockey practice on weekdays after school until 5 then I'm free." Reigh looked over the sky, it was grey with light clouds with the sub clearly bright behind its sheild. "Theres not uniforms so thats good."
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 2:37 pm

"Hey, I need something to do while you're at Hockey. If I don't find anything I'm going to have to sit and watch and be embarrassing." Grinning, Tabitha leaned over, laying a small kiss on his cheek. "And I don't know anything about the game, so not only will I be shouting and screaming your name, but I'll get all the terms wrong." Straightening in her seat, she adjusted the seatbelt for comfort.

"No uniforms? Good. I don't do skirts well." She will be glad for her jeans, and hope the heat will be up in the school. The blond was definitely going to need a better winter wardrobe. "So, am I going to have to beat away the fangirls? I'm the jealous type."
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 9:00 pm

Reigh laughed goodnaturedly he could see her standing in front of the glass shouting for a basket or something. "I'm sure you can find something to entertain yourself with." The truck's engine rumbled quietly in the air. "And you'll catch onto the games quickly." Reigh had grown up playing the sport with his dad being a coach and all. This however forced him to work harder then other players to prove he didn't get the spot for favoritism, but from skill. He played second line and was happy with his spot.

Reighleh shook his head with a smile, "Me? No" of course if he had he would of never noticed. He had been always busy and never really paid mind of what others thought of him. His studies and hockey had been more concerning to him. Looking at Tabby he leaned over and kissed her cheek back, "I don't belive you will have to hurt any admirers. Not that you would have any reason to be jealous." and with one last glance at the campus he put the car back into gear. "Yeah, well there's much more to see. Anywhere you want to go now?" He knew school would start Monday and it was Saterday now, they had plans for Tabby to be introduced to his parents at dinner tomarrow.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 4:34 pm

"Well, alright. And I'll come to all your games, even if I don't understand the sport. But I expect you to ooo and aaa at all my weapons, even if you don't know what they do." Tabitha smiled at him, nudging his arm. She was nervous about this whole school thing, but she'd try. Her temper tended to get the better of her though, so it was going to be a bad situation if anyone made fun of her dyslexia.

Tucking her knees against her chest to keep in the heat, she looked at him. "I don't know. I haven't been out of camp since I was... 13?" That had been an impromtu party to celebrate her becoming a teen. It hadn't gone over well. "What do you like to do?"
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Reighleh smirked and revved the truck back up. "Well. I'll show you." The truck was pulling away from the closed school and back to the closed school. Reigh drove for a few minutes an excited grin on his face. Soon enough they arrived at a large arena. Reigh pulled into tge parking lot. Turning the truck back off reigh turned to Tabby. "Might as well learn to skate."

Reigh jumped out of the truck, not waiting for Tabby to refuse. Thinking really that ice stacking would be quite fun. "What'ya think?" He asked as he opened her door for her.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:21 pm

Tabitha looked at the rink in horror. Oh Hades. She couldn't even roller blade! Gulping and trying to hide the obvious terror in her eyes, she went to get out of her seat, only to be held by her seat belt. Woops. Unfastening it, she successfully climbed from her seat in the truck. Taking a deep breath, she nodded. "I think I'm probably going to look like a fool, and possibly break my nose... but I guess I can give it a shot... Just...don't let me fall too badly, okay?"

The daughter of the god of FIRE among other things, wrapped her arm around Reigh's, looking so nervous. Fire and Ice shouldn't mix. But she and Reigh get on so well! So.... skating on the stuff shouldn't be too awful...right? Worst case scenario, she ended up putting her face on the rink to reduce the swelling from falling on it. "Okay! Lets try this and hope my father isn't watching and laughing at me... Or his wife. I'm sure she'd get a kick out of it."
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:18 pm

Reigh gave Tabitha a quick kiss. "I promise not to let you fall on your face." Walking towards the building. Theblond boy was nervous and excited for this. Although they were oppisites they so well together. Ice skating would be an experience to bond over. "Don't worry Tabby. It's not that hard. I'll be a frantic arms length away."

When they entered the dome a couple of people were staking around the rink. Several more stood around the outside side, some at tables or concessions. A booth was set up and a mousy gir, maybe late teens popped up with a smile. "Hello. " She spoke and waved at Reigh and Tabitha. "I see your back. And you brought a friend." Teasing a bit and Reigh handed her a ten. "Alright. You know where the skates are. See you Frosty." Reigh scrunched his nose and looked.do wn at Tabby as they walked past. "Thats Callie she was a senor in my sophmore year. Started working here, so I knew her rather well."

(i drew something you should check out on devient)
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Tabby was uncomfortable under the gaze of the other girl, raising a gloved hand in an awkward wave. "I see. Frosty huh?" She asked, brushing a few fly-away blond curls out of her eyes, following him to get the skates. Sitting with a proper pair, she slipped them on, lacing them properly and frowning. This...was...weird.

She would try to stand, lose her balance and flop back onto the bench. "Are you sure about this Reigh? I don't want to look like a total dork in front of my new peers..." She mumbles quietly, looking down. As strong and confident she usually was, the idea of being laughed at, scared her. And she couldn't just smack them with a hammer here.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 5:21 pm

Reigh snickered and nodded, "yes, I had the tenancy to collect tiny pieces of snow and ice. Not unnoticeable." Explaining the experiences to her lightheartedly until they got skates on. While Reigh easily stood up and settled his balance Tabby had difficulty. "Its ok, Tabs" he moved around next to her leaning his heels back to stay up right. "Ease into it, no one is going to make fun of you, half the people here can't skate themselves." The ambered eyed blond backed up some towards the rink holding a hand out to his girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Tabitha looked mortified as she tried to stand again, leaning her weight as best she could. This only resulted into her tumbling forward into her boyfriend, making her squeak and hide her face in her curtain of curly blond hair and his chest. "If they laugh, you owe me something. I don't know what yet... but something..." she mumbled embarasedly, her eyes flickering up to look at him.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Reigh smiled and stroked her hair. "Promise. Anything. . . within reason." He added as an afterthought. He balanced her up right and walked her slowly towards the rink. All though only a few people had noticed them, he had been recognized. Most people ignored him around, simply because he wasn't the social butterfly. But when it came to the ice, he could catch some attention. But today it was Tabitha who felt the eyes, but he just knew she would get it. And weather she did or not, he was proud of her trying. As they enter the ice rink Reigh stired them towards the side. "Just hold on to the wall and pratice balancing on the ice. Keep your feet secure."
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Ask her to hammer a slab of crap metal into a master sword, Tabitha could do it. Ask her to take a crystal compound and make it a strong bow, she could do it. Balancing on the ice, was not something that she seemed to be able to do. The daughter of Hephaestus was clumsy as it was, but on the ice, she could barely stand. Her legs wabbled, and she refused to let go of him or the wall for a long time. She could feel the eyes, and it was making it worse.

"I...don't think I can do this Reigh..." Tabitha wanted to. She wanted to be able to do this for him, but she was shaking badly now from fear of falling. She knew her father had ruined legs from falling from Olympus, but she was always worried maybe it was bad leg bones. What if she broke hers? Restricted to a wheelchair. Her eyes widened further at the paranoia gripping her mind. It was obvious she was in the grips of a panic attack.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 7:47 pm

With steady arms he had moved her back towards the benchs. She didn't seem to realize as her breathing was fast and shallow and her body seemed tense and panic. Reigh knelt to the ground to be eye level with her. His deep gold eyes were wide and worried as he rubbed her arms. "Its ok. Its ok. Your off it now, its gone." He told her. Speaking soft and cooling, but it was shaky.

He shouldnt of.so heavily insisited she do it. He took one of her hands in his and ontinued to softly speak. "We can go to your apartment now if you'd like. Come on lets go." He quickly skillfully unlaced her shoes and slipped them off. At least getting the skates off should help.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 8:20 pm

As her breath evened, Tabitha flushed with embarrassent. She'd just had one of her stupid panic attacks, over skating. Something her boyfriend loved to do. Something he'd been so excited to do with her. Looking down at her removed skates, she felt better, but horrible at the same time. "Reigh... I'm so so sorry. I... I want to try again. I can't just give up..." She mumbled. Being weak, was her biggest fear. And she was being weak now.

Shaking her head, she took a deep breath, letting her body relax. "I want to try again. Just, don't let go of me... I'm... I'm afraid of...ending up like my dad..." He would understand what she meant, she hoped. Reaching down, she attempted to slip the skates back on.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Reigh shook his head. "No no you don't have to do this. I have a better idea. If your worried I can get us into the school's rink and get you some hockey padding. You can't get hurt in that. Plus it's more privite." He glanced around at the few faces still curiously looking over at them. He started to undo his skates. "And I'm so proud of you, because you were scared, but you tried." He adjusted his glasses back giving her a faint smile. "Now if you'd rather do that we can later." Truth was he didn't want her to worry at all and wasn't eager to let her self get worked over on something he liked. He was also just so tired from the previous emotions that it drained him a bit.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Tabitha looked over at him, nodding weakly. That was a much better idea. "I...should have told you a while ago about the anxiety... I mean... I told you I didn't do well with people, but this is different. I'm so sorry." The blond looked at her boyfriend with guilt laced in her brown eyes. Slipping on her boots, she stood, feeling much more relaxed on her own two feet, as unreliable as they were most days. "Don't be proud of me. It was a moment of weakness and I'll fight through it. For now, lets see if my stuff's at the apartment I guess... And maybe hit the grocery store."
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 9:29 pm

Reigh wrapped an arm around her gently after he had put back on his shoes. "I understand. It happens." Reigh lead them outside the building and towards the trunk.
-Time Skip of Laziness-

Eyes scanned the buildings curiously looking around for the right apartment. "Do you know where it is." Reigh turned towards his girlfriend. Although it was his hometown, he had no idea where excatly he was supposed to be going and although they were close it didn't do anything but make the jorney more difficult. Pushing back the longer locks of hair from his face he made sure not to get them in the way.
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Tabitha looked around, looking at her map. "I think it's that one. Up the street. I tried to find one closer, but my budget sucks." She was currently living on her inheritance from her mother and grandmother, which was enough to live on for a while, but she hoped to save most of it. Something about spending it felt weird to her. The building was a simple apartment, likely used by single families and working students. "There's a shopping center nearby I'm going to try and get a job at to keep up with the bills."
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 8:54 am

Thats looks nice, he thought as he oulled up to the building. Small but neat and its not a bad part. "It's nice. You must be excited about it." It's probabllu hard to be alone here, and after living at camp for so long. But then again its her own place, shes being independent and its something that has to happen eventually. "In the shopping center?" He raised an eyebrow, honestly he could see her working part time in a auto shop, or building toys before helping lots of people get grocerices. "What about a bakery."
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 1:04 pm

"Er, I don't think I'm sociable enough for a bakery... I tend to swear and glower a lot..." Tabitha looked down at her boots. She meant well, and wanted to do her best to help people, but she'd spent almost her whole life away from people, in camp year-round. And even in camp she wasn't the best at talking to people. Reigh was the first person, other than her siblings, she could open up to.

"I dunno...isn't that what most teens do? Work at the shopping centers, or just simple jobs? I don't want to walk into an autobody shop and start out-hammering the older guys, you know? I feel like it's cheating, on account of my blood." And it would look weird. But the idea of fixing cars, working with metal. It made her shiver. She loved all things metal and mechanical. Oh she missed the forges right now.
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 7:32 pm

Reigh shrugged, "If your the chef it won't matter, because you make the best sweets." He smiled. He understood it though. Start off small. "Yes, I guess so. But it wouldn't be the first time women has out done men." He laughed a bit and opened the door. "Let's go see if it's here." Reigh looked up at the building, "lead the way."
Back to top Go down
Vixy

Vixy

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Moving out of the truck, she grabbed her duffle from the bed and started towards her building. Up one flight of stairs and to the first door on the left, she pulled the key out of her pocket and unlocked the door. Sitting in the room was the boxes of things she'd sent ahead, along with the basic, ugly furniture. "Home, sweet home." She said sunkenly. She already missed her rowdy brothers and sisters. "You'll visit me here a lot right?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-   Why is it so COLD?! -Colby- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why is it so COLD?! -Colby-
Page 1 of 1