Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] Empty
PostSubject: Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!]   Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:11 am

Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] Tumblr_m6tacvpV611rx2gggo1_500

Skyla Alex Stars-SilverFox, Daughter of Hecate And Stubborn Comedic

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

I stood outside the Haunted Manor, staring at the cobwebs and windows. Some were boarded up, others were shattered. The door was practically hanging off the hinges, and the whole house generally gave the impression of being run down, sad and lonely.
This was supposed to be scary. Pfft. Yeah right. It was nothing more than a house that had been left in disrepair for a long while, and had now been used for the title "Haunted".
Or maybe it had been made by some Half-Bloods, just for this event. Whatever. It was very unlikely that anything I was going to find inside its doors was gonna be scary.
Sighing, I slowly stepped closer to the stairs leading to the door, my skinny jeans and black top stopping the cold hitting me. My hair was falling loose around my face, my face clear of make-up. My shoes were an old pair of Converse, white with a pretty black floral design. Although everything looked eerie in the black of night.
Finally my foot met the first step, a loud creak making the peaceful silence end. Whoops.
'Well Skyla, you never know. Maybe this place could surprise you,' I muttered, practically running up the next few stairs, and touching the rough wood of the front door.
'Let the horrors begin,' my voice was soft, not even a whisper, the air fogging where my breath met it.
With that I opened the door, another creak, and I was inside the corridor, dark, dreary, scary to some probably.
More cobwebs, some pictures of long dead people, and most of all faint music, "Psycho" of I wasn't mistaken. Oo. So scared.

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

Last edited by Faith Lehane on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!]   Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 6:42 am

Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] YcnqV
ııııııııııııııııııııııııııı

Cookie had debated whether or not to go into the haunted house. Some haunted houses don't even come close to haunted. They were more like halloween treat houses. She relished a good haunted house experience, but the previous ones had ruined her perspective of haunted houses, and she always thought twice before entering another one.

However, this was a camp where nobody looked twice at you climbing walls without a harness: rocky walls that shook wildly and dripped scalding lava down. A camp where campers were encouraged to find the fastest moving target possible for a challenge in the archery ring. At that point of time, she was certain that it would be fun. And now, looking at her next victim, it certainly was getting entertaining.

Cookie, silent as a cat, had hidden in a large gap at the side of the wall, ready to throw an exploding gas ball made of sulfur and bubbles. Actually, there were numerous large gaps, but she chose that one because there were no sticky cobwebs hanging made by what Cookie was sure was cotton candy, no open windows or holes on the ground full of splinters that led to the room of mirrors. And most importantly, she thought wryly, definitely no annoying Greek ghosts that yelled at you to tuck in your shirt.

The girl was walking down the corridor, like countless others, and was about to get a dose of what Cookie called fun. The balls were her own invention, and it was literally harmless, unless you were allergic to sulfur and peanut butter. Once a ball hit the floor, it would activate the hidden sacs, which would hiss for a ten seconds or so, before releasing some mist. The colour was random, and after another fifteen seconds or so, it would explode into sparks and bubbles. If any landed on you, be prepared for a freezing shock.

Last edited by Summer~ on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!]   Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:06 am

kim raziel swift
Daughter of Hyperion

This is a haunted house? Raziel thought incredulously to herself. Sure, the cobwebs and the ancientness of it all make for a nice effect, but she was still disappointed. For a camp that contained kids with supernatural powers, a lot of which might be helpful in events like this, Raziel expected more. Where were the monsters? The ghosts? Couldn't the Hades kids summon a couple of wandering spirits or something? And don't even get her started on the Hecate campers.

"Oh give me a break," Raziel said with an exasperated sigh as she shot a hand out to shove away the 'ghost' that snuck up on her. Snickering, she watched with amusement as the white blanket slid off to expose the fifteen-year-old kid under it hastily scrambling away. Well, at least that provided her with some form of passable entertainment. Too bad she couldn't say the same for the rest of the so-called haunted house.

Her steps echoed around the seemingly empty corridor, ignoring the protesting creaks from the loose floorboards. Rolling her eyes at the cheesiness of it all, Raziel suddenly came into a stop when she realized she had company. Her green eyes gleamed mischievously. Perfect. Quickly hiding behind one of the dusty cobweb-infested columns, Raziel played a small trick with the minimal light source in the area, making sure it didn't shine anywhere close enough to blow her cover. Just as she bent the rays of light in a microscopic way, Raziel caught sight of a shadow on one of the bigger gaps of the wall. Wait what? Was someone hiding there?

Raziel made out the figure of a young girl carefully hidden in the gap, holding some kind of ball. She could see the all-too-familiar twinkle in the girl's eye and smirked. The girl bore a great resemblance to how Raziel herself looked before she pulled a prank on a very unfortunate victim. Well... this could be fun, she thought to herself in anticipation as the other person's footsteps grew louder. The girl hiding in the wall was obviously planning something big, and Raziel couldn't wait to find out what. Who knows, maybe it could be even better than the rest of the not-so-haunted house.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!]   Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:47 am

Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] Tumblr_mb5dq46JPB1rv0m86

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

So there was definitely another person in the room. Hidden, but there. I wasn't too bothered really, but when the light shifted, and a shadow was exposed, I cursed lightly under my breath.
Two people, and both were hiding.... and one looked like she was holding something, if the shadow was anything to go by. Haunted Houses did leave all that space for pranks and etc. Too bad the person probably didn't know who I was. Or my Mom.
'Ξόρκι: όρασης Νύχτα,' I muttered under my breath, and suddenly everything was seen in a different way.
The shadows were brighter, showing things hidden in them like sticky traps set by Hermes kids, and some weapon platforms left by [obviously] Ares Campers.
There was a shadow of someone clear, and there was definitely something in their hands.
Or from what I could see before my blink cleared the night vision it was a ball.
Uh oh.
I walked a little further on, my Converse loosing some dust from the floor in little clouds, until I was just by the place I had seen the shadow, and definitely looking roughly where the person was.
'In my experience, pranks don't work when someone knows about them,' I said brightly, pulling my leather jacket closer around myself.
Hm, now what. I had, most likely, spoilt their fun, which probably meant their accomplice that was somewhere else here would also come out. Or was that person a accomplice? Maybe someone who just hadn't wanted to get hit with the goo or whatever was in the thing held.

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!]   Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 8:16 am

Cookie felt the shadows changing, and like she was being watched. That's odd, the moon isn't facing that direction, she frowned. Slowly, she tilted her head at a slight angle, knowing that any movement might make a huge difference, and alert anyone to her presence. At the corner of her eye, she noticed another girl, hiding not unlike the place she was in, with a look also not unlike what Cookie had on her face. She winked at the girl, before focusing back on her victim.

A moment or two later, she noticed another change. Not being an professional at being expertly concealed for nothing, she suddenly had the feeling of a predator knowing when its prey realised it was stalking it. The most obvious sign to her, was the hesitation in footsteps. She could not see the girl all the while, but she could hear her movements. A scuffle here, a slight creak there. There was a tempo, or constant in the girl's movement. It was typical of her to halt when she stepped on a loose floorboard, or slow down occasionally, but for a moment, her footsteps had changed its beat to uncertain, and then curious.

How she could tell, Cookie didn't know. Call it instinct, or a sixth sense, she had perfect bearings in her forte. And it was obvious to her sensitive ears that amidst the creaks and fake spooky sounds, she heard Ancient Greek muttered. She withdrew further in.

Plan B then, Cookie decided, looking around, and caught sight of something. She didn't know what plan B was earlier, but now she did. Behind her, was a ceiling to floor open window, lined with broken glass. There were multiple windows, lined throughout the corridor. Sticking her head through it, she slowly sighted the other window pane, but stopped before she could look into the corridor. Based on her assumptions, she estimated the distance that the girl was walking was about passing the other window. Not wanting to alert the camper, she reached for another two balls in her pocket and lifted it out of the window.

Balancing herself, she threw them without hesitation. One missed and fell to the bottom of the forest path. The other one got through, hit something and activated. Cookie grinned, listing the sequence down mentally. Hissing, and a poof... What colour..? Purple! Awesome, I thought I ran out of those.

She smirked. Now, for the grand finale.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!]   Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 9:02 am

Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] Tumblr_lxdyeuqHK71r4kfic

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

It was complety unexpected for the two balls to come flying at me.
The first one went wide, falling to forest floor and obviously not activating. Course by then I was distracted, and the second one was right on target, hitting my stomach a little to the left. This one activated straight away, and a hissing came from it, startling me.
'Wha-?' I managed to ask before the poof and purple smoke erupted from it.
I coughed ever so slightly, thinking that was it.
Course I was wrong.
The ball finally exploded, sparks and bubbles coming from it.
Little bubbles, big bubbles, medium sized bubbles. They floated in the air around me, filling it, kinda.. pretty.
I poked one of them, and it exploded, giving me the coldest shock I had ever had.
'Their... so pretty,' I breathed, mesmerized but also sure that I didn't want another one touching me.
Another one hit me on the top of my hand, and I jumped, cursing lightly.
'Wow, great joke, so original and stuff. But its a little annoying,' I called as another few popped against my head and sent me ducking and covering said head.
Okay, the joke was great. I was impressed, and I had been shocked. But now, it was annoying and cold.

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!]   Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 9:27 am

Her reaction was rather like the few campers before her. A wide grin formed on Cookie's face. Ahh.. The satisfaction of pranking a victim caught unawares. Even more so, successfully pranking a victim who had the hint I was there makes it all the more entertaining.

But that was not the end, oh no. Cookie dashed out, eyes wide and surprised on her innocent face, looking at the girl fully for the first time. "I'm sorry! It was an-" She started to apologise, but then promptly stumbled over a loose wooden floorboard, the original ball slipping from her hand, hitting the floor, and rolling to where the girl was. The hard impact set it off immediately.

"Whoops!"

Cookie halted, inching back from the ball, until she was well away from bubble range. Was that intentional? Didn't seem like it. But with Cookie, no doubt it certainly was.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!]   Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 10:19 am

Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] Tumblr_lxdyic8kLf1r4kfic

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

So the girl came out of her hiding place and almost apologized. Almost being the crucial word there.
But the ball started to hiss, and after my very recent experience, I didn't want it to explode near me. Evidently, neither did the girl, because she scrambled away.
'Ξόρκι: κίνηση,' I practically snarled, concentrating on the ball, and willing for it to move.
And move it did. A little faster and a little more... heavier than I had planned, but it did the trick and flew across the ground to by the girl who had dropped it.
I waited, waited for the smoke, then the sparks and the bubbles.
Course it didn't happen that fast.
Things never did. The girl was kinda familiar, although then everyone would be when your living in a Camp full of your Family. She was though. Maybe I had seen her training before. Or something like that. You never knew. I wondered had she been doing that too all the Camper's that came by. Had she even gone through the house yet, or were there some surprises still waiting to happen? How many people had been shocked by the invisible thrower? I'd probably get answers soon enough, or at least I hoped.

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!]   Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Somehow she was kind of expecting it, with a magical camper and all. Cookie immediately dropped to the floor as the marble-sized ball exploded above her, showering her with orange sparks and sulfur. The sparks, although a thousand degrees Celsius, did not hurt at all - the bubbles were the matter. As always, bubbles floated up, pinging away at the ceiling. One poked her elbow, and she felt the familiar cold shock, as she had countless times when making the balls.

As the bubbles floated away, Cookie got to her knees, a wide smirky grin on her face, absolutely no remorse for what she had done. "I guess I deserved that," she laughed, brushing away the dust and soot the campers in charge spread on the floor from her hands. She stuck out her right hand and introduced herself, "I'm Cookie, nice to meet'cha."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!]   Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:05 am

kim raziel swift
Daughter of Hyperion

Raziel's eyes had grown wide at the first appearance of the bubble-firework thingamajig, and as the events progressed, she barely realized that her her eyebrows shot up so high that you can't see most of it through her brown hair. Holy crap, she thought, impressed, peeking out from her little hiding place. This girl has skill. A lot of it. Staring mesmerized at the fading orange sparks, Raziel let her eyes flicker towards the last of the bubbles floating up to the high ceiling. From the display before, she was prepared to bet that the things were not as harmless as one would initially thought. Shaking her head, Raz allowed a smirk to form on her lips. She didn't want to know.

Not able to hold herself back any longer, Raziel stepped out from the shadows and clapped her hands together. "Bravo! Now that's entertainment," she said, grinning as she exposed herself to the two younger demigods. She winked at Cookie, only just returning the one she had given her a while ago. "Congrats. You just earned the Raziel award for setting up the most entertaining thing in this 'haunted house,'" she announced, emphasizing the last two words with air quotes.

Biting back a laugh, Raziel then turned to the other girl who, from the way she snarled the spell out earlier, seemed rather annoyed with the whole show. The demititan's smirk widened as she reached out to ruffle the girl's long hair. "Aww lighten up, sweetie. Nothing better than a great well-orchestrated prank." She sized her up, giving her a once over with her green eyes before her lips twisted into a slight scowl. "You're a Hecate kid, right? Well, I've got a bone to pick with you. Weren't you one of the guys who set this whole haunted house up? Well, it's lacking one little thing - the haunted part." Raziel gave the girl a lingering stare before her expression softened and her lips parted to let out a short laugh. "Nah, I'm only messing with ya. Don't get your panties in a twist, darling."

Raziel suddenly started when one of the larger stray bubbles drifted over only to pop against her elbow. Cussing under her breath, she could now see what the big deal was with these weird things. The cold made her feel uncomfortable, perhaps more so than the other two. Maybe it had something to do with her being more inclined to fire and heat. Wanting nothing more but relief from the cold shock, Raziel began rubbing her irritated elbow with her fingers - two of which were in flames. As in, real red-hot fire. "The name's Raziel, by the way," she said nonchalantly, as if it was a normal occurrence for body parts to randomly catch fire. "You can call me Raz."
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!]   Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 2:42 pm

Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] Tumblr_lc5f3ykdYn1qczjlgo1_500

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

A lot happened after I sent the ball flying at "Cookie".
I sighed then, and smiled.
'I have to agree, that was cool. And this Haunted House? Bingo, Hecate Cabin did help. I didn't though. If I had, then maybe it would have been scary.'
Then I rolled my eyes.
'Skyla Alex Stars. Hecate, as... Raz guessed.'
The whole house seemed to creak, probably not prepared for the amount of trouble that had been caused by three people.
Course, it was sturdier than it looked. I knew that. The wood was connected to the Earth, and I could feel the strength that was in it.
But the spells were a little draining, and my head was slightly woozy from them.
'Well guys, seeing as though we've passed the introduction's stage and the "Pull Pranks on the unsuspecting victim" one, how about this. We could finish the house.'
I shrugged, and laughed lightly. Maybe they would. Maybe they wouldn't. Even if they didn't, I'd finish it, just to see had my Siblings lived up to being slightly scary.

OOC:/:/ Saph, when Raz said "Now that's entertainment" I cracked up XD Its a line from Buffy, Season 6, Once More With Feeling XDD

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!]   Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:31 pm

ııııııııııııııııııııııııııııı

Cookie shrugged. "Sure, why not? It would be nice to go through it again." She heard a crackle and hiss down below, followed by a moment of silence and several yelps. She couldn't suppress a bubble of laughter that worked its way up and caused her to grin.

"Oh you have some cobweb on your shoulder, by the way Raz," Cookie mentioned to Raziel, gesturing to her shoulder. "Though I'm prepared to bet its candyfloss." She looked at the long corridor further up, listening to the creaks and shuddering of the stairs as campers climbed up, and occasional crashes as people tripped over furniture, but other than that, it was quiet. "Here, you guys can have some of this if you'd like," she offered, handing them each a few of the marble sized balls. "I call them bubble shockers. You can call them ooh-pretty-sparkly-bubbles-YEOWCHH though, tis up to you," doing the perfect imitation of a typical victim.

Last edited by ShadowCharmer on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!]   Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 11:33 am

kim raziel swift
Daughter of Hyperion

Raziel shrugged, glancing at the corridor. She couldn't see the end of it, and from the experience she had since she entered, she was prepared to bet that nothing was going to meet her expectations. "Sure. Not like I have anything else to do, anyway."

Dusting off her shoulder (candy floss, yum), Raziel picked one of the bubble shockers up and squinted at it through the darkness. It looked like a completely normal marble, not something you'd expect to spit out sparks and annoyingly cold bubbles. "Nice," she commented, before quickly turning around and hurling the small marble into the fading darkness. A small crack later, followed by the faint outline of sparks and bubbles rising up into the air, she broke into hysterics at the noise of the unsuspecting camper undoubtedly running around and screaming in fear. "Perfect," Raziel wheezed out in-between laughs. "You're gonna have to give me more of these."

Amused and giddy about these new weapons of destruction, Raziel shifted her gaze back to Sky and Cookie. Raising her eyebrows at them, she let the remaining marbles on her hand roll around and gave them a look as if to say 'are we going or not? She wasn't going to take the lead. If Raziel was lucky, she could have fun by throwing the marbles at their feet as they walked. A smirk tugged at the corner of the girl's lips. Sounds fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!]   Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fear Is In The Mind. It Can Be Controlled. [Summer!]
Page 1 of 1