Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]

Go down 
+5
Ninja Poet
dean
Turtle
summer
Sniggle
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] Empty
PostSubject: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:55 pm

So you're probably wondering what that horrific banner is doing on the top of our site.

Well....

IT'S BATTLE TIME.

At the moment the battle is contained to the labyrinth, so please keep all fight/battle related topics there. Of course, the weapons forge and infirmary are open for business too--they have to be, in order to keep our campers alive! But yes, the monsters are pouring out of the labyrinth and it's going to take the effort of every camper to stop them from destroying our lovely CHB!

Due to our lack of extremely important canon characters, this is not a canon battle. It's not going to move us along in the plot, but it's still a battle to save the camp from Kronos, and his army still needs to be stopped! If you have a canon and would like to have them participate, feel free to do so. And keep in mind that, though this will not spark a plot movement, it still sparks site movement and you'll be seeing a many changes in the near future. c: So if you're wondering how to keep track of the fighting, well, it's easy.

The scrolling marquee at the top of the page is currently screaming battle at the labyrinth. If/when a new area of the camp is under attack, it will be added to the marquee in replace of the old area under attack. On the forum homepage, an easy way to look for battle topics would be to find the red text descriptions. Then just click on the subforum with the red text, and you're going to find a battle announcement. Once you've read the announcement and been caught up on what's happening, you're free to make a battle topic in that subforum. Check the master post in that subforum regularly, as admins and mods will be updating it with new waves of monsters as well as the progress of the fight. So, now you know how to find out where the fighting is happening. What else is there to do?

The lottery. No, this is not the raffle you've pitched 100 drachmas into to see if you've won the drachma jackpot. This is a character life lottery. It's completely free, but the stakes are very high. Just pm me, Aech(Sniggle), if you'd like to enter your character into the drawing. Your character will then be put in the random hat system(the same system for the regular raffle) with the name of a monster species. I draw from the hat. If I draw your character's name, they've survived the battle with that monster, and I will reward you with spoils of war pertaining to that monster, as well as what can be done with the reward. Most likely, it'll be some sort of special weapon. For instance, Percy won a minotaur horn. I would give you the minotaur horn, or the choice to turn it into some form of dagger. Whether you want to keep it in raw form or have me assign it to you as a specialized, unique weapon, that choice is yours. However, in the drawing, if I pick the monster's name, and not your characters, your character has lost the fight and died. I send them directly to the burial shroud, and they cannot be used again. So the stakes are extremely high, and you're taking quite a gamble if you should choose to participate. Rules of the lottery:

-The choice of monster is not yours, and you will not know of what monster your character will face until you've agreed to the lottery. There will be different monsters each raffle(of course some will be repeated, by my point is that it's not a pattern.)
-Weapons won in this event cannot be given away to another camper without administrator permission. And they cannot, by any means, be sold to another member.
-The limit is one drawing per character. So if steve was put into the drawing, and won, he could not be put into the drawing again to win another spoil of war. But peggy could, if she hadn't been before.
-If a character is not drawn in the lottery, they are dead. You cannot use them on the site any longer(unless we decide to implement afterlife rping in the future.)
-The weapon possibility from the spoil of war is the choice of the admin, not yours, as to keep from making weapons too powerful. However, you can certainly give them names, if you'd like.

So that's about it for the lottery. Just pm me if you'd like to have a character participate, but beware of the consequences if your character loses.

Remember, this is a war, so there will be a loss of life. Please keep that in mind when you're fighting...Some characters should die in this battle. And when they do, head over to the burial shroud. There will be a master post of all characters who have died in battle, and we'd like you to add your character's name to the list if they've died. A memorial will be made later in honor of their sacrifice.

And finally, if you have an evil demigod, feel free to bring them into camp through the labyrinth. They have just as much a right to rp out fights as anyone else, so feel free to create topics for them to interact with others. Just remember--and this goes to ALL CHARACTERS--not to power play or god mode in the rps without given permission from your rp partner(s). Mods and admins will be sending in waves of creatures, but we'd very much appreciate if you didn't send in Kronos himself to wipe out camp. However, in your individual topics, if a moderator has sent empousai in, feel free to rp out the slaughtering of dozens of them, as we don't intend to rp every single monster we bring into the war.

So I think that about covers it. If you have any questions, pm the mods or admins and we'll get back to you ASAP. Anyway, have fun, and good luck!

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 12:42 am

High stakes indeed...
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:25 am

when does that thing go away

i hate it snii

i hate it
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 3:47 pm

Really? I love it. Empousai, flesh-eating horses, harpies, it's fun for the whole family~
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:24 pm

No, no. I love all of that.

... I meant the banner. I hate that goddamn banner.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:25 pm

I LOVE THE BANNER! <3
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 8:28 pm

It's nice, it's just, I don't like looking at things with heavy red lighting for too long. Creeps me out and makes me sad.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:04 pm

lmao, well, cherry may be working on a new one, so we'll see. :P
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:40 am

I thought I told you not to start a war before I got home... >_>
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:01 pm

I have a question, if we choose to have a character die without using the raffle, and also this applies to the raffle. But could we have our character's reborn and have no memories of their past life?
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:22 am

Why would your characters be reborn what

I don't know what you're asking me. It doesn't apply to the raffle but it does apply?

I'm pretty sure none of your characters are timelords and therefore they cannot be living through multiple lives. So no, when your characters die, they stay dead. That's...part of being dead lol. Hopefully that sums up what you're asking me, because I'm a tad confused.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:25 am

I think she's asking if they could be reincarnated or something. Like trying for the Isles of the Bless? Am I right?
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:49 am

Re-incarnation defeats the purpose of being dead though. D:
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 3:47 pm

But but I had a plot. I guess I can change it.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 10:01 am

Oh this is a nice BG too...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Lol Summer, if Kronos was invading with his alien friends in flying saucers, sure, but this is an ancient Greek army, that needs to fit through a Labyrinth... so maybe next battle. xD.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:39 pm

ROFL Maybe space ships could be the next wave, containing cyclops and hellhounds
/I spent a few minutes making sure there were no sepell mistakes, cauee I'm on IPod XD
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:10 am

In case you're wondering why the Battle sub-forums are topics are gone, it is now over, and all topics involving it are now in the 'Past Battles' section of the Graveyard. But, never worry, dear RP'ers, if there is a thread that you would like to continue, you can PM an admin with the name of the topic, and they will move it to the closest relevant sub-forum to where it was originally. Despite this, please refrain from making anymore battle threads, as it is officially over.

We hope you enjoyed the Battle!
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:11 am

Yes, Zelly, we did. WE ENJOYED THE BATTLE.

Um, and the Luau also ended?
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:07 pm

Yup! Everything is back to normal. They were the same thing the whole time though. xD. We planned them together. WE WERE NEVER GOING TO LET YOU HAVE A NICE PEACEFUL PARTY WITHOUT SOME DRAMATIC DEATHS, YOU KNOW.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:19 am

Yeah. "Relatively few deaths," the Dance Hall description said. ASDFGHJKL.
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Hahaha I'm glad you caught that. :D That was a hint we threw in teehee.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:33 am

Heheh yeah, just thought it'd be interesting, with the fire and flood and the cool sky xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]   LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LET'S KICK IT UP [BATTLE]
Page 1 of 1