Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sashi91112

sashi91112

Location : In Britain, waiting for my pureblooded prince (lol)

Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} Empty
PostSubject: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:01 am

Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} Nezza11
Nezza was up on the hill, near the entrance of camp. She was lying there under the dark sky with her purple night gown under her black coat, doing what she usually does every night.

Stargazing.

It was one of her favorite activities to do here in camp because for some reason, the starts just fascinate her. Maybe it's because she was the daughter of a Night Goddess, the stars being part of her mother's domain and all. Ever since she was a child, Nezza would go to the roof of her mansion and watch the little stars she could see because most of them were obstructed by the lights of the city.

But here in Long Island, you could see a million of them in just one view. It was beautiful and one of the reasons why she loves camp.

Nezza sighed contentedly and started humming under her breath while she crossed her arms under head, feeling relaxed around her silent surroundings.

Last edited by sashi91112 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:17 am

love is a gun; you're loading my heart with ammunition.

Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} Tumblr_lzuvcuoKz21rpx2ogo1_500

ALEC SANFORD
son of khione

After a day out in New York, Alec was beat. He spent the entire day just wandering he cities, going shopping for new clothes, and scoping out the scene. He watched two movies in a row, had lunch in Burger Heaven, and finally, he took a cab back to a place not far from the training camp for Greek demigods.

The night was chilly, but the child of Khione didn’t mind. He dug his hands into the pockets of his motor jacket and trudged up Half-Blood Hill.

If it weren’t for the earphones he wore, Alec would’ve noticed a young girl stargazing near Thalia’s Pine tree much, much earlier.

Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:52 am

Nezza suddenly tensed up as she felt a presence nearing her location. She let her instincts as a demigod take over, and unsheathed her dagger hidden inside her coat. With a speed taught by her years of training in camp, she turned around where Nezza knew the intruder was standing and leaped right behind him, grabbing his arms to keep the tall trespasser in place while her dagger dug under his jugular.

But then something felt wrong with this, he didn't feel like a monster at all, more like a mortal and when she took a closer look at the back of her captive, she realized he was wearing normal clothes.

He was just a boy, Nezza realized and more importantly, a demigod since he passed through the barriers of camp. But then she became more aware of the fact that she had her dagger under an innocent person and with a gasp, she immediately pulled away.

"By the gods, I'm so sorry about that! But you startled me when you came, you know and it's already curfew! What were you doing out so late?" Nezza apologized and couldn't help but defend herself as it was always in her nature to do so. She was curious though as to why he came now and judging by the look of his clothes, he didn't just came back from a quest.

Last edited by sashi91112 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:04 am

ALEC SANFORD
son of khione

Alec almost shouted an Ancient Greek curse as a girl pressed a knife to his neck. “What the hell! Are you trying to kill me, woman?” he exclaimed as the dagger left his throat, which he rubbed unhappily. That was going to leave a mark.

The girl with the knife looked like a deer in the headlights when she realized that Alec was just a camper. She apologized quickly and started to throw questions at him.

“If you think I’m on a quest,” he snorted, not bothering to continue his statement. Alec out on a quest? The gods couldn’t even rely on him to do his laundry. He never got the chance to prove himself to Chiron, Mr. D, or all the other campers.

“I was out the whole day,” he answered vaguely. “I know it’s past curfew. I always come back from the mortal world later than we’re told to,” he grinned mischievously.

Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:43 am

Nezza scrunched up her nose in disgust as she stared at the boy's grin with a horrified face. Thoughts zoomed through her mind and she had to close her eyes to make them stop before she looked back and glared angrily at him.

"Why in Hades do you do those kind of things? And you do them everynight?! Do you have no shame! How dare you corrupt yourself and other women you meet! You're too young to even be doing those kind of things!" Nezza lectured spitefully as she tried to make her revulsion known at the idea of his daily strolls.

Her dagger was still held tightly in her fist and she wondered if it was too late to run him through with it.

Last edited by sashi91112 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:55 am

ALEC SANFORD
son of khione

Alec’s face remained blank as he tried to absorb what the girl was reprimanding him about. When did catching a movie and grabbing lunch become so sinful? But that’s when he realized what the girl was thinking he did.

Bursting into guffaws, he held onto his stomach that was starting to ache. “Wh-wha-what?” he stammered for he was still laughing. “You thought I was doing those kind of stuff?”

He waited a few moments to calm down before he collected himself, straitening out his now-wrinkled red plaid button-up shirt. “I like you. You’re funny.” He patted her shoulder, making his way inside camp.

“Sorry to disappoint you, kid. I went out because I wanted new stuff and some burgers. Now, I only came back late because I went to the theaters to watch two movies in a row and the last one just ended,” he explained to her.

Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 6:26 am

Oh.

Nezza was really making a fool out of herself in front of this guy. First, she almost killed him with a dagger and now she just accused him for a sinful act he didn't do!

Well you can't blame me, I mean, he didn't have to phrase it like that!

But all the same, she felt like she needed to apologize to him...again.

"Look, I'm sorry for accusing you back there, it's just...You didn't have to say it like that! It would have made anyone think the same way too. If you would have only just been a bit more specific, I wouldn't have had to yell at you." Nezza grumbled a bit at the end, always feeling the need to get defensive when she's in the wrong.

Nezza released a sigh, wondering just how her silent activity got a little chaotic in the end.

"I'm Nerezza Ricci, by the way but I prefer to be called Nezza. Daughter of Nyx, Night Goddess" She said randomly. Nezza now believes she owed it up to the guy for all the things she'd done to him in just a couple of minutes ago.

Last edited by sashi91112 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 7:12 am

ALEC SANFORD
son of khione

“Alec Sanford, Khione,” Alec introduced himself quickly, making his way towards the forest. “You’re the, uh, rich kid, right?”

He’s heard stories from different campers about everyone. Apparently Nezza Ricci was some rich kid from Colorado. Her family had big bucks and apparently the looks too. Rumor has it that her family used to lock her up in their palace until she escaped or something crazy like that.

Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:44 am

"Yeah. You could say that." Nezza said with a disinterested voice as she fell into step beside him. Her face not betraying any emotion aside from her grey eyes if one would look closely at it. Feelings of pain, hate and betrayal rushed through her insides rapidly as it always happens whenever she remembered her past life, especially her family.

Nezza knew he didn't mean to make her remember them, just indirectly so, but still. She couldn't stop the onslaught of memories that flooded through her mind as she tried to outwardly seem nonchalant about everything else.

Stop being such a pansy about your past! It's gone. It's over. They're never going to come back in your life again!

Nezza mentally reprimanded herself. She coughed once to make sure her voice wasn't stuck and said " I hear you're the cra... I mean, cold brother of the Khione Cabin." She inwardly cursed at her almost slip up because from the things she's heard about the guy, she didn't think getting him mad might be a great idea.

Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 9:03 am

ALEC SANFORD
son of khione

Alec smirked at the rumor Nezza brought up about him. “Cold brother?” he thought out loud. “The Khione cabin has lots of ‘em. But I’m the coldest,” he winked at her.

The seventeen year old had a reputation for being a bad boy at Camp Half-Blood. He snickered at the thought. He wasn’t mean. In fact, his friends back home would say he was one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. Alec just enjoyed his time alone and certainly wasn’t fond of people poking fun at him when he was mad. Oh yeah, most of the fights at camp involving him started with someone getting on his bad side when he wasn’t having a good day.

“Don’t worry about me getting mad at you,” he assured her. “You already got on my good side. Others aren’t so lucky.”

“You could say my character was shaped by my family. Hah! My dad and step-mom are worse than I am. My adopted brother and I were neglected because we weren’t their real kids.” Alec did quotation marks in the air to prove his point. “My brother, Paul, was already out of the house and in college by the time I was fifteen, therefore nobody was there to guide me. So, I did whatever I wanted. I partied and stuff, dated a girl or two. Right until my parents had enough and kicked me out

“I was homeless for a while. I’d sleepover at different friends’ houses but then this crazy dude would keep following me, insisting I wasn’t who I thought I was and that he was a satyr,”
he laughed softly at the memory. “You should’ve seen the look on my face. But when I discovered my powers, I talked to him about my situation and he brought me here. I haven’t seen my siblings since the time I was kicked out.”

Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 9:48 am

Nezza silently stared at Alec as he told his whole life story right in front of her. She didn't think that he'd trust her enough to say them to her and was quite flattered that he did but she just didn't know if she'd do the same. Although, she did realize that his family situation was kind of similar to hers.

Should I tell my past too? Am I brave enough to say them without breaking down in front of him?

Nezza mentally asked herself as she intently looked at Alec, wondering if maybe spilling out her story could help her in the long run. Stopping all the memories and emotions from coming back and sharing them with someone whom you could trust.

But I only met the guy! And I did so much horrible things to him! and...and... he could be the only one who would understand me because he'd already went through it himself.

Nezza took a deep breath and made her decision.

"You're lucky you get to at least have someone in the house who would talk to you before he left. Friends who would let you sleep in their house and just doing whatever you want to do without any body caring. But me? I had no one...sounds kind of morbid doesn't it?" Nezza bitterly laughed as she said that. " I was locked up in my own home and no damn one in the stupid mansion would even bother talking to me or at least treat me with any civility. My step-mother and step-sister, Sofia, were the worst of them all. Apparently, when I started showing my powers, they acted like I was some kind of dirt that should be reckoned with and sometimes wished I was just a maid just so they could boss me around. Thank goodness they didn't though because that would have been too Cinderelly, if you know what I mean." She rolled her eyes and snorted at her own joke.

"The only good thing I got out from there was my father. Well before he got married and ditched me for the witch of course, he used to be quite caring and a loving parent. But now... " Nezza looked down to the ground at this. "Well things changed, people changed and I eventually had enough and ran away. The only reason I ended up here was because of those satyrs finding me and helping me get to a place where I could finally be free." Nezza smiled softly at the end of her story, feeling like a burden had just lifted from her shoulders. She felt much better now and grinned up at Alec, expressing her gratitude just by that simple action even if he might not understand why.

Last edited by sashi91112 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 10:21 am

ALEC SANFORD
son of khione

“It sounds like Rapunzel to me.” Alec smiled. “Only you don’t have a Prince Charming. Speaking of which, do you like anyone from here?”

He didn’t have a crush on Nezza or anything like that. He was starting to see her as a little sister. He reminded her so much of his sister, Andy, who was about her age. Alec thought that Nezza could be his sister away from home.

Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:01 am

Nezza laughed a bit at the Rapunzel reference, first time hearing that princess relating about her life. But then she quieted down immediately when he asked if she liked anyone.

Nezza wearily looked up at Alec, hoping he asked if he was just curious himself and not for...well, it's best if she didn't accuse him again. She was starting to see him as a good friend, maybe even as an older brother and wished to let it stay like that. It's not like he wasn't handsome, very good looking actually and he's been very nice and civil to her.

It just feels wrong to date him as if she wasn't meant to be with Alec which was fine with her because she felt like Alec didn't belong with her either.

Wow, since when did I become an Aphrodite match maker here?

Nezza mentally shook her head of these thoughts and contemplated for a moment if she liked anyone in camp. Suddenly an image of that Blake guy she met in the forest went through her mind and immediately regretted thinking of him because thinking of him meant remembering their encounter with each other which ended with a kiss on her hand.

She started to feel a blush creep through her cheeks and shook her head rapidly. "Nope, definitely not! There's no one I like!" she said rather defiantly while crossing her arms over her chest.

Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:13 am

ALEC SANFORD
son of khione

Alec raised an eyebrow at Nezza. It was kinda obvious with how she blushed and started to speak really fast that she, indeed, had a crush on a guy from camp.

“Really? Who, who, who?” he asked excitedly, jumping up and down. He’s been at camp for a while now, so he was sure he was familiar with everyone. “Is he someone I know?”

Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:50 am

Nezza stared uncertainly at Alec, a bit disoriented with his sudden change of personality but smiled anyway at his childish attitude.

"I seriously don't have anyone I like, Alec." Nezza said with a shrug. Although she noticed that she was still blushing when she said that and willed them to go away. "Besides even if I do have one, it's not like I'm going to tell anyone about it." She just didn't feel like involving other people in her love life and considered it a private thing. Although, she didn't have any objections concerning other people's love life.

"But how about you? Do you have a little special someone here or outside camp?" Nezza questioned, wanting to change topics from her likes to his.

Last edited by sashi91112 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:59 am

ALEC SANFORD
son of khione

Alec frowned. He was hoping to get an answer out of Nezza. The corners of his mouth twitched when she asked about a special someone. His mind flooded with faces of girls he met from Camp Half-Blood and the mortal world. But one particular face stood out.

“Nope,” he answered, popping the p. “I’m single as a potato.”

Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 12:24 pm

Nezza raised her eyebrow at him, imitating his actions earlier. She found his answer quite hard to believe.

"Come on, surely a guy as handsome as you are must have caught the attention of many girls before." Nezza said unthinkably but then widened her eyes when she caught up with her words.
"Not that I see you that way, I mean you're a good-looking guy and all, just...well it'd be weird to date you. Not that I mean you're weird or anything...just that..." Nezza trailed of awkwardly, looking back down at the ground, not wanting to see Alec's reaction.

Great, I just screwed it up with my uncertainties and now he's probably mad at me...again. Gods, isn't this just getting repetitive.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 12:31 pm

ALEC SANFORD
son of khione

“I get you and I feel the same way,” Alec chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. “You remind me of my little sister back home, actually. She’s turning fifteen soon. How ‘bout you?”

He looked up at the stars. It was the same sky his siblings might’ve been looking at too. Has he even crossed their mind? Did his parents think he was still alive?

Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Nezza breathed a sigh of relief when he understood what she felt. She looked back at him again to see him staring at the sky, the same one she previously gazed at before she met him.

"I'm turning fifteen too, this September actually." Nezza then laughed a bit at what he said earlier. "What a coincidence that I remind you of your little sister because I kind of considered you as an older brother, albeit a childish one with a bad boy mask." Nezza teased him in the end.

She felt a pleasant tingle go through her when he said she reminded him of his sister and Nezza realized that the feeling inside of her was similar to when she got to know her half-siblings in camp. It was that feeling of finding someone Nezza thought she considered family and looking up at Alec meant she might have found another one.

Nezza didn't think that she'd become close to anyone else aside from her siblings in camp since not much people could understand her situation. But apparently, Alec went through the same problem as her and could understand her more than anyone else. She then suddenly thought of helping him with his worries this time just like how he helped her with her burden of her past memories even if he might not know he did it.

Immediately, Nezza walked up to Alec and hugged him around the waist since he was pretty tall while she was only standing at 5'4.

"I hope things would go well with your family since it's obvious you still miss them especially your siblings." Nezza said softly, resting her head on his chest, the only part she could reach.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:28 pm

ALEC SANFORD
son of khione

Alec was startled when Nezza reached out to hug him. He returned the hug, wrapping his arms around her petite body. “Thank you.”

It was nice to have a little sister figure at Camp Half-Blood. Normally, he didn’t get along well with his half-siblings or have that much friends. But he found that Nezza would be not like the others. They both shared the same family issue, which made it a whole lot easier for him to open up to her.

“I wish the same for you too,” he added softly.

Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 1:27 am

Nezza thought that its was unlikely her and her family would ever get better but she didn't need to tell him that, just silently basking on the warmth of somebody supporting her too.

Nezza then suddenly laughed, a bit muffled by Alec's shirt. "Wow, I can't believe we just had a moment there." She said jokingly though with a hint of sorrow still in her voice. She coughed to get the lump out of her throat and stepped out of their warm embrace which was odd considering who's child she was hugging.

"Well it's getting late now....well later than usual since it's like past midnight already" Nezza said as she calculated the starts to find out the time since she didn't have a watch. "We should really get back to our cabins before any of the cleaning harpies catch us which I'm quite surprised that none of them had yet." Nezza wondered where they were and just shrugged, happy that she wouldn't be caught out here near the forest late at night.

Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 6:15 am

“You better go to sleep now, Nez,” Alec laughed softly. “Little girls like you need your sleep to grow tall.”

He looked at Nezza and ruffled her hair. “See you later, sis,” he whispered, turning on his heel and walking back to the cabins.

Alec wondered what his siblings were doing at that very moment. How would they feel if they knew about Alec’s new life in Long Island? He didn’t like replacing people, but a small thought lingered at the back of his head telling him that they replaced him too.
alec sanford

Make it a sweet, sweet goodbye. It could be for the last time and it's not right. Don't let yourself get in over your head, he said. Alone and far from home I'll find you. Sing me to sleep. I'll see you in my dreams. Waiting to say, I miss you. I'm so sorry. Forever never seemed so long; as when you're not around it's like a piece of me is missing.

Back to top Go down
sashi91112

sashi91112

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:05 am

Nezza's eyes widened when he heard his whispered goodbye, ignoring for now his comment about calling her a little girl because she wasn't short.

He just called me sis...

Nezza thought in slight awe as she watched him walked away towards the Khione cabin. No one has ever called her sis before, not even her half-siblings did and in a way, it felt kind of nice to be referred to that. She always wanted an older brother who could understand her and her problems. Always being there for her when she needed him.

Nezza figured that Alec would be a great brother and felt a little jealous for his real siblings and half-siblings that they were actually related but she just shrugged it off. Nezza always believed that family runs deeper than blood that's why she never thought of her own family like that because they never treated her like a family would.

She made her way to her own cabin too as she absentmindedly combed her hands through her hair, fixing its ruffled state. While she was walking, she thought of Alec's previous comment about her height and promised herself that he'd get back for that in the morning.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}   Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Understanding in the Dark {Private w/ Diggy}
Page 1 of 1