Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Back to look for my long lost mother (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
libby

libby

Location : Right there... No, there... No, just right there... NO! RIGHT THERE!!!!! must I do everything myself?

Back to look for my long lost mother (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Back to look for my long lost mother (Open)   Back to look for my long lost mother (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:26 pm

"Mom?" I ask gently pushing open the door to our old apartment. The apartment complex was shut down years ago, and most the windows were broken, all the locks busted, and all the doors ajar. I knew I most likely wouldn't find my mother here, but hopefully I would find the beast that took her from me. The crook always returns to the scene of the crime. The creek on the board inside the door had always been there, even when the apartment was still active. But there was something else I heard. It was more then just the creek. For all I knew it was an animal that could now call this their home, but I wasn't taking any chances. I draw my sword and the warm glow illuminates the area. "Come on out. I may or may not harm you."
Back to top Go down
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: Back to look for my long lost mother (Open)   Back to look for my long lost mother (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:24 pm

Tara Truscott:

Back to look for my long lost mother (Open) MeaghanM2

I winced as my foot stepped down on the floor where it was weak and the creak sounded through the broken down place. My blonde head peeped out from around the corner, my green eyes wide and guilty. I smiled sheepishly and walked out, hands in the air. "Okay, I can explain. I let my curiosity get the best of me and totally followed you out of camp... Well, there's that and I might have been looking for an excuse to get out of camp." I said quickly, shrugging slightly.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

Location : Right there... No, there... No, just right there... NO! RIGHT THERE!!!!! must I do everything myself?

PostSubject: Re: Back to look for my long lost mother (Open)   Back to look for my long lost mother (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:26 pm

"From... You're a demigod?" I ask. She seemed harmless enough, even though she could've been lying. She was unarmed, and I had a sword that could cleave through anything that's much of a threat. "Grab a seat. I'll see if I can't get something going." I move over to the stove and at-least check the ignition. Dead. No surprise there. Thank goodness it was a propane stove. I turn the gas up, and reach in the cabinet that held the matches. Funny. After 7 years, no one had taken a thing. I tossed a few tea bags into a pot and set it on the stove before adding water. "I would welcome you to my home, but it's not much of a home anymore." I pull up a rocky seat adjacent to my visitor. "So... Why don't you tell me more about yourself? Your cabin would be a good place to start."
Back to top Go down
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: Back to look for my long lost mother (Open)   Back to look for my long lost mother (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:06 pm

I relaxed considerably once I was sure he wasn't going to skewer me with his sword. I sat down as he said and glanced around. I remember that he called for his mom, which was why I had moved in the first place. It wasn't hard for me to relate to losing the one parent that had bothered to be a constant influence in life. I would have gone back to where it all happened too if not for the fact that it was all the way on the other side of the country. "I'm Tara Truscott, daughter of Apollo and Melissa Truscott. 16 years old, year round camper for more than a year now, and from Orlando, Florida." I looked at him directly and added, "As for how I ended up in camp; I came home one day, only to find it was wrecked and my mom was missing." I smirked. "I normally don't give away my hiding place so easily, but I know you're capable of killing me as a demigod yourself, and I was caught off gaurd when you called for your mom. Especially since I've been trying to get a lead on where my mom went for the past year or so."
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Back to look for my long lost mother (Open)   Back to look for my long lost mother (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Every now and then I smile and nod, to show I was listening. "Hmm." I say when she had just finished. "I find it somewhat interesting that we both have a missing parent." I had a few thoughts running through my mind. Maybe, just maybe they were somehow connected. The pot had reached a boil. The tea was done. "Do you like it hot or cold?" I had already removed the sugar from the shelf. The fridge wasn't working anymore, but it was amazing how well I could speed up the process of cooling. I was even getting to the point where I could reverse it so it was the temperature I was when I came out of the tap.
Back to top Go down
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: Back to look for my long lost mother (Open)   Back to look for my long lost mother (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:35 pm

"I don't mind. I'm honestly not picky about things like that." I replied with a small laugh. I looked at him curiously and tilted my head slightly. "What about you? What cabin are you from? I already told you my basics, so now it's your turn." I added, lifting an eyebrow inquiringly at him. It was slowly dawning on me about how ironic this all was. As far as I knew, his mother had an uncomfortably similar disappearance to my own.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Back to look for my long lost mother (Open)   Back to look for my long lost mother (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 5:56 pm

"Alright then." I pass the cup off to Tara and begin with my story. "I was 10 I guess. I came home from school and found this place a wreck. I was a little bit terrified so I barricaded myself inside this place. It took a satyr a week to find a way in. Once he did it's a wonder I didn't turn him into lamb chops. From there he just led me to camp." I smile and replace myself at the table. "I'm Christopher Knight. Son of Chronos."
Back to top Go down
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: Back to look for my long lost mother (Open)   Back to look for my long lost mother (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 pm

I sipped from the tea and luckily swallowed by the time he mentioned he was the son of Chronos. It wasn't that I had anything against the Titan that was so ruthlessly talked about; I hadn't even met the guy, and I never judged others before judging myself. It was a piece of advice my mother had taught me that I had stuck by ever since she had told me this. Still, I didn't think I would come across a son of Chronos. "Are you serious!?" I asked in surprise, my green eyes huge with shock. Then I recollected myself and glanced away in embarrasment. "Sorry, I didn't mean anything rude by it. It's just that... I didn't even know Chronos had kids; well, demigod kids. I mean, doesn't that technically make you the half brother of Zeus?"
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Back to look for my long lost mother (Open)   Back to look for my long lost mother (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:31 pm

I sigh and listen to her go on. This was a typical thing that happened. They'd either be shocked or utterly terrified. I figured it'd be better if we were off campus. "In a sort. I'm not sure gods actually have dna though." I give a kind, but some-what hurt smile. "Listen, if you want to take care of me, go ahead. I'll show you I'm as soft as a teddy bear." I take a sip of my tea and look at her. "My father and I are nothing alike."
Back to top Go down
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: Back to look for my long lost mother (Open)   Back to look for my long lost mother (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:54 pm

I blinked as I realized he was pretty hurt and tried for a smile. "Hey, I really didn't mean anything by it. I don't hold things against people based on who they are related to. I prefer to judge people by their own actions. My mom always told me to judge my actions before criticizing the actions of others. I'd always say things to people about what they did, only to end up doing the same things myself and not realize it until later. I'm not about to judge you on either your heritage or judge your dad head on. I can understand this being a touchy subject. I mean, aren't we all judged sooner or later by who our godly parent is? It kinda sucks after a while. Do you know how many times I've been told that I should know how to sing or write poetry because my dad is Apollo? Seriously, isn't it enough that I'm talented when it comes to sports and archery?" I let out a short laugh and shook my head. "And then some see me first glance and think I'm Aphrodite's daughter." I rolled my eyes and pouted at the memories of all of my encounters with demigods in those situations. None of them ended very nicely.
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Back to look for my long lost mother (Open)   Back to look for my long lost mother (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:06 am

"I could see that." I say. "Don't worry about freakin out. It's cool." I take a sip of my tea, smiling. I guess now was the time to do my favorite trick. I take the knife off the table and chuck it at Tara. Using my godly abilities, I stop the blade a few short inches from her face. "You now know what I'm capable of."
Back to top Go down
tarasalem

tarasalem

PostSubject: Re: Back to look for my long lost mother (Open)   Back to look for my long lost mother (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 6:59 pm

The cup of tea had been in my hand and I nearly dropped it as the knife shot at me, my green eyes widening and my body tensing out of instinct. When it stopped, I snatched the knife out of the air and my eyes flashed. "Well, as long as we're showing off..." I threw the knife past his head, aiming directly for a small and thin splinter of wood that had once been the top of a frame. It hit the nail that held it to the sagging wall and the piece of wood fell to the ground in reaction. "I might as well show that I have straight on accuracy when it comes to throwing or shooting arrows." I smiled brightly and took a sip from the cup again, my sharp green eyes resting on his face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to look for my long lost mother (Open)   Back to look for my long lost mother (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back to look for my long lost mother (Open)
Page 1 of 1