Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
annika.

annika.

What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] Empty
PostSubject: What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]   What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:38 am

What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] Tumblr_lm6lzh0gpd1qdp053o1_500
[anneliese. daughter of aphrodite. fourteen. single]

▲△▲

Anneliese found herself sitting in a small cafe near Camp-Half Blood one Saturday. She considered sneaking out after what her half-brother told her about escaping into the mortal world.

She sat by the window, dressed in a black hoodie with Camp Half-Blood's logo on it (although it would just appear as Ancient Greek writing to regular humans and a pegasus on the front.), her usual ripped shorts and sneakers. Her hands curled around the cold cup of a chocolate frappuccino. It's a good thing it didn't have coffee. Anneliese didn't enjoy the bitter taste of it and would much rather have something that tasted like a milkshake.

A book was sprawled out on the table as she tried to read the jumbled up words. It was hopeless. As much as she tried, her dyslexia wouldn't get any better. Her brain was just hardwired for Ancient Greek and most books nowadays didn't have a translation for that.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]   What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:50 am

What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] Tumblr_lx20n6Lpar1qlrrjqo1_500_large
|Simon|17|Montri|
// H E C A T E \\

Camp may be fun, but sometimes Simon can just get sick of it. He even wondered why he had bothered to be a year-rounder now. Who knew that staying in a camp could get too boring at times? Wondering what to do now, Simon sighed to himself as he walked along the busy streets of New York. Maybe he could go meet some girls, go back to his old habits for a short while. After all, he wanted a break from all those mythology stuff.

Simon entered the first cafe he passed by. Ordering a cup of coffee, Simon let his eyes wander around the place, already scouting for girls. It seemed like he was in luck, as a lone girl was seated by one of the tables. Smiling to himself, Simon paid for his drink and slowly made his way towards the reading girl. Before he could say something, a pick-up line or whatever, his eyes caught the logo sewn on the girl's hoodie. It looked like he wasn't free of the supernatural mythology after all. Well, Simon could at least try, right?

"Hey there, Beautiful," Simon said cheerfully, standing beside the girl. He took a sip from his coffee. "I'm Simon. Simon Montri."
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]   What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:02 am

▲△▲

A boy's voice caught Anneliese's attention as she was sipping through the straw of her drink. She met the boy's eyes and a smile tugged on the corners of her pink-stained lips.

The boy was good looking, no doubt. His smile looked like it brightened up the room as he introduced himself as Simon Montri.

"Armati. Anneliese Armati." she winked, introducing herself the James Bond way.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]   What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:11 am

Simon grinned, getting the James Bond reference. A girl who liked those kinds of movies? Excellent, Simon thought to himself, taking another gulp of coffee. Simon flicked his bangs to the side, trying to get a better look at Anneliese. She was drop-dead gorgeous, he noted. She was a demigod obviously, judging from that hoodie of hers. Simon wondered if she was a daughter of Aphrodite, but then his eyes swept over the book she was reading and he had his doubts.

The seventeen-year-old boy gestured to the chair opposite Anneliese. "Mind if I take a seat?"
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]   What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:19 am

▲△▲

Anneliese felt her heart beat accelerate when he did a little hair flip. So much better than Justin Bieber's, she decided.

"Not at all." Anneliese shut her book closed, setting in in the seat next to her. She reminded herself not to screw up. Boys rarely approach her, let alone a cute one! Don't screw up, don't screw up, she chanted in her head. She bit her lip to prevent her ADHD from pushing her from saying anything embarrassing.

"So..." she started, laughing nervously. Oh boy.

ooc: btw i don't think anneliese knows that simon's a demigod. hahaha!
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]   What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:36 am

Simon sat down, placing his coffee on the table. He had to keep his cool in this. It had been a while since he last did this kind of thing after all. Simon stared at the book for a while. He couldn't read it, with all the letters jumbling up inside his head because of his dyslexia. Looking up at Anneliese, Simon wondered if she could read it. Maybe he was mistaking her for a demigod when she wasn't really was.

Should he ask her about it now? No, Simon decided. It was more fun this way. Just pretend you're an ordinary mortal. Just like before.

"Nice book. What's it about?" Simon asked curiously, leaning his elbow on the table as he drummed his fingers along its surface.

((Yeah, I meant for it to be that way xD))
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]   What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:08 am

▲△▲

Oh great. How was Anneliese supposed to answer that question? She has skimmed through the first four pages and still couldn't understand what the storyline was.

"Oh, uh. Y-y'know," she stuttered, trying to think of a good storyline, "Just a girl and a guy . . . who like each other."

She mentally face palmed. She was such an idiot.

"Honestly, I have no clue. You see, I'm dyslexic. I'm just reading it with the hopes that it I would become a better reader," she told him. "I don't even like reading that much."

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]   What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:13 am

Simon's thoughts were confirmed. Yup, Anneliese was definitely a demigod. He was 100% sure. Simon leaned back on his chair a bit, still smiling at the girl.

"I don't like reading much myself," Simon admitted, skimming over the fact that he was also dyslexic. He didn't really want Anneliese to wonder if he was a demigod or what. At least, not yet.

"So, where you from? New York?" the son of Hecate asked casually.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]   What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:27 am

▲△▲

Anneliese found herself blushing and staring as Simon continued to smile at her. She had to pinch her arm from under the table to wake her up from her daze.

"I spent most of my childhood in Arizona, actually. I used to live with my dad in Tucson but we moved to Phoenix when he got married." she shrugged. "I moved here a few weeks ago, though. Things got . . . complicated."

Anneliese started to regret telling him about her mortal life. She was taught to be vague and not to trust mortals easily because they could be working for monsters. However, she didn't want to think that Simon could be one of these mortals. He was really nice and couldn't picture him that way.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]   What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:47 am

Simon chuckled lightly, realizing just how much he made Anneliese blush. It seemed like he still had it with him after all. He thought he might have been out of practice, but things did work out fine. Studying Anneliese closely, Simon was prepared to bet that those complicated stuff she talked about was demigod-related. Of course she wasn't about to admit that to someone she just met. And someone who she didn't know shared the same non-human heritage with her.

"I see... Enjoying your time here in good ol' New York?"

Simon was careful not to slip out anything major about himself. After all, the boy was more of a listener than a storyteller. It did make him a good friend to really talkative people, since he can have the patience to listen to them as they drone on and on about a subject he might not even care about. Of course, Simon did doze off a few times during conversations like that, but that didn't happen often. Simon especially hoped it wouldn't happen this time. He didn't want to make a pathetic first impression.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]   What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:55 am

▲△▲

Anneliese frowned slightly. She expected Simon to share his story. She regained her composure, twirling the end of her side braid, shifting her gold-green eyes on the droplets of water on her cup.

"I guess. I don't go out that much," she said. She felt slightly ashamed. Saying that to Simon, she felt like a total loser!

"You're probably the first person I've met outside of," she paused, realizing she was about to say camp, "school."

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]   What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:59 pm

"You're not alone there," Simon said in response to Anneliese's first statement. He didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable and besides, what he was saying had a ring of truth in it. "I haven't been out in the city for quite some time too."

Simon didn't miss the short gap between Anneliese's next sentence. He grinned crookedly, hiding the fact that he guessed what she was about to say. And Simon was pretty sure that his guess was right. "Whoa, I guess you haven't been out of school that much. Good thing you didn't get lost. New York is an easy place to get lost in."

Racking his thoughts, Simon tried to dig up some more things to say. Then he realized that he didn't know the girl's age. Gods, what if she turned out to be twelve? That would make him look like a pedophile. Simon cringed slightly at the thought. He might be a player, but he would never stoop that low. He eyed Anneliese curiously. She didn't look to be less than twelve.

Simon was getting a wee bit impatient at the silence. His ADHD made him want to say something. Anything. "I'm seventeen," he said, realizing a moment later how stupid and irrelevant that sounded. Simon nearly groaned. Gods, that ruined his momentum. He continued to grin though, trying to cover up for his stupid mistake. "You?"

Well, on the bright side, Simon might get the chance to learn Anneliese's age.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]   What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:32 pm

▲△▲

Anneliese raised an eyebrow when he randomly blurted out his age. She smiled, though. He didn't look seventeen, but it kind of rolled the same way for her since most people believed she was older than she actually was.

"It's kind of funny actually. I'm turning twelve soon," she said with a serious face. After a few moments, her expression shifted to an amused one. "Nah, I'm kidding. I'm fourteen, turning fifteen in August. Doesn't look like it, yeah? I'm used to being mistaken for being older since I'm kinda tall for my age."

Simon was really easy to talk to. Even though there was a chance that they wouldn't end up together, Anneliese at least didn't want to lose him as a friend.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]   What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:33 pm

Simon nearly choked on his coffee when Anneliese announced that she was turning twelve. What, she didn't even look twelve, did she? Simon almost breathed a sigh of relief when she took that back and said that she was turning fifteen. Wait, what? Fifteen? Simon stared at her for a few moments. She didn't look fifteen. At all.

Simon laughed. "Actually I'm turning eighteen on the 17th."

Looking at the contents of his cup, Simon realized that he had drunk every last drop of the coffee. He set the empty cup on the table as he savored the last bitter tang of the coffee on his tongue. He shifted his attention back to Anneliese, smiling.

"Thanks for this, Anne. Y'know, this is usually the part where I ask for your phone number," he said, smiling a crooked grin as he stood up. "But I'm assuming you don't use a cell phone because of the... uh, troubles it causes, right?"

Simon winked at Anneliese, wondering if caught his drift. He then turned on his heel to leave, still grinning widely.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]   What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 2:25 am

▲△▲

As Simon turned to leave, Anneliese couldn't find the words to say. She felt the color drain from her face. Did he know about half-bloods? What if he was working for a monster? Oh gods. I think I'm gonna be sick.

But there was a chance that Simon could've been a half-blood. Could it be? Camp Half-Blood was flooded with kids. There was a huge chance that she just hasn't seen him.

After she made up her mind about him, Anneliese downed her drink before taking her stuff and exiting the cafe.

It was time to head to Camp Half-Blood and look for Simon.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]   What are the Odds? [PRIVATE] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are the Odds? [PRIVATE]
Page 1 of 1