Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] Empty
PostSubject: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:23 am

No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] Calebcopy-1
|Caleb|15|Wright|
// M O M U S \\

The sight of the flowing creek gave Caleb a strange feeling of satisfaction. He had just been involved in a fight with an Ares kid around an hour earlier, and was only able to barely escape the wrath of the son of a war god. It seemed like Ares kids didn't like being referred to as 'big brawny bodies lacking brains.' Caleb snorted. Well he had just been voicing out his thoughts back then. In any case, he was right in his hunch that Ares kids had a short temper. Now he was just sitting there by the creek in an effort to avoid the kid he had insulted.

Caleb flicked a smooth flat stone to the creek in his boredom. Suddenly he heard some noise in the woods behind him and he tensed. Maybe the Ares kid found him. He hoped not. Caleb's hand found the hilt of his knife as he half-turned to the source of the noise.

"Well, I didn't expect you to find me that easily. Guess you just might have half a brain--" Caleb cut off when he realized that the Ares kid wasn't there. He blinked once. He didn't get a clear view of the newcomer but when he realized that the person lacked the build of a typical Ares kid, Caleb turned back to the creek without even bothering to look at the person well enough.

"Sorry. Thought you were someone else," Caleb said, clasping his hands together in front of him.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:25 pm

No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] 421073_2501395384302_1535488077_31824310_475471385_n_large
||b r e t t A L E X I S r i d e r||
>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<
I remembered black skies, the lightning all around me
I remembered each flash as time began to blur
Like a startling sign that fate had finally found me
And your voice was all I heard that I get what I deserve
>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<

Brett walks through the forest, rather loudly. She keeps walking until she reaches a small clearing. Where she pauses, while she paused she hears someone saying, "I'm going to get you, I can hear you"Startled, she takes off running.

She doesn't stop running until she reaches the area by the creek, where she nearly crashes into someone. Luckily for her, and for the other person, she manages to stop in time. Brett then puts her hands behind her head, to catch her breath.

She hears the person, saying something about half-brain, and narrows her eyes, and folds her arms across her chest. She then looks at the person, and realizes it's that boy Caleb. She slowly unnarrows her eyes, but keeps her arms crossed. "I'd shut up if I we're you, wouldn't want to get fried now would you? Or beaten up, I heard the person thats looking for you, seemed pretty mad. What did you manage to do this time?".
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Caleb was a bit surprised to see that he recognized the voice. He glanced behind him, realizing that it was that Zeus girl Brett. Well, just his luck. He'll probably end up in another argument again. He ruffled his hair as he slightly shifted in his position to get a better look at her.

"It wasn't meant for you," Caleb said, referring to the half-a-brain incident. He didn't want to be fried for a misunderstanding like that. He sighed, looking back to the creek. "It's nothing. Some people are just stung by the truth."
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:44 am

No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] 421073_2501395384302_1535488077_31824310_475471385_n_large
>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<

Brett sighs and looks at Caleb. Why did she have to run into him? She was still embarresed about what happened at the mess hall. She hoped, deep down that he had forgotten. But knowing Caleb, it would be fresh in his mind, ready to use as a form of tourment.

Brett rolls her eyes, and looks at him. "Well duh, I'm not stupid."Brett had known it wasn't meant for her, she just wanted to know the threat was imposed, if he were to do anything. Brett snorts"No duh"she says not bothering to be quiet. Let the boy find Caleb, she honestly couldn't care less.

Still, tugging at the back of her mind, there was this feeling. A feeling she couldn't quite explain. It was like she felt as though she owed Caleb something, and then there was something else. Something she was attempting to block from her head. Feelings, that was what it was, feelings for him, for Caleb. Not the lovey dovey type feelings, the friendship type feelings. Caleb a friend? Not even possible.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:58 am

Caleb snorted and smirked, noticing how loud Brett was being. At this rate, anyone within a mile radius could hear her. Well, maybe that was an exaggeration, but she was still pretty loud. "Yeah, thanks for trying to get me killed," Caleb drawled sarcastically. "I really appreciate the gesture."

Caleb stood up, dusting some of the dirt off his pants. If Brett continued to speak in that volume, he was going to have to get out of this place. He'd regret it too for only a tad bit if that happened. Brett wasn't bad company. Not that Caleb would ever admit that out loud. He'd rather get pummeled by the Ares kid.
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:02 am

>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<

Brett smirks, and lowers her voice. She turns and looks at Caleb, and laughs. "Aw, is someone worried their going to get beat up by a big bad, Ares kid?". Honeslty, Brett thought it would be entertaining to see the two fight. Unless, Caleb got hurt, in that case it wouldn't be cool. Wait, why did she even care if Caleb got hurt.

Brett sighs, and rubs her head. She slowly sits on the ground, and closes her eyes. What is going on, why is this happening all of the sudden? She sighs softly, and tries to clear her head.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:14 am

Caleb took back what he thought about Brett being an okay company. Obviously he had forgotten how she could be. Caleb adjusted his glasses a bit as he looked at her. He was about to retort when he heard something crunch from the forest. He quickly turned to the sound, only to realize that it was the kid he dreaded. Caleb cursed under his breath.

"Finally," the boy growled, flexing his muscular arms. Caleb took a step back, eyeing him in disgust. To his surprise, the boy turned to Brett, also snarling at her. "Big bad Ares kid, huh?" he seethed, drawing closer to her.

"If only your brain was as good as your ears..." Caleb said loudly, successfully diverting the attention of the boy. The son of Ares turned back to him, shooting him a look of plain anger.

Caleb had no idea why he did that. He could've run. Brett could've fried the kid with her lightning powers. He had nothing besides his wit and his knife. Cursing his disadvantage, Caleb unsheathed his electric knife, holding it defensively in front of him. How Caleb would fare against the son of the god of war, he had yet to find out.
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:25 pm

>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<

Brett grabs a hold of her sword, and sticks it out, ready and willing to use it. She keeps it pointed at the kids heart. She wasn't afraid, okay thats a lie, she was, but there was no way, she was going to show it. "You heard me"she says to the kid. Stupid move, but strangely, the kid turns around and faces Caleb.

That movement, and change in events gives Brett, and ability to act. She closes her eyes, and concentrates extra hard. When she opens them, a bolt of lightning comes, down and zaps the Ares child, or maybe it missed. Brett wouldn't be sure, using her powers, hard forced her into a kneeling position.

She looks around, and makes eye contact with Caleb. Run, she tries to tell him with her eyes. She had know idea, why she was even doing all of this. The next thing, you know, Brett is falling on the ground, her eyes closed. A large rock, laying next to her.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Caleb clamped his hands over his ears as lightning struck earth. The thunder that followed was pretty loud and ear-splitting. Being in a point-blank range, Caleb could feel the sound almost shattering his eardrums. What more could've happened if he hadn't covered his ears on time?

As the flash from the lightning faded off, Caleb saw the blurry outline of the Ares kid petrified or so. He hadn't be hit by the bolt but it was a close call. If he did get hit, he might've been fried dead by now. The boy stilled, seemingly paralyzed. Caleb would've run if he were in his shoes. Outnumbered two to one with one of your opponents being a daughter of Zeus? Bad fight.

Caleb glanced at Brett only to see that she was looking into his eyes. It seemed like she was telling him to run. Interestingly, Caleb didn't want to leave her there with a troubled Ares boy after she had sort of saved his skin. Then she started to fall as if in a slow motion. Caleb hurried towards her, stopping her before she could hit her head on that rock. He breathed a sigh of relief as he gently placed Brett's head down. Caleb pulled out a small square of ambrosia from his pocket. Making her sit up for a bit, he slowly eased the food in Brett's lips as an angry voice cuss out behind him.

Holding his knife defensively in front of him, Caleb turned to face the Ares boy. The shock apparently wore off now and the boy was ready to fight. The boy threw a punch aimed at Caleb's head. Caleb sidestepped to dodge and pressed his electric knife against the boy's neck. The boy shuddered, feeling the tension coming from the knife itself.

"Do you know if your blood can make a good conductor of electricity?" Caleb said venomously as he held the knife against the boy's skin to emphasize his point. "Want to find out?"
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:12 pm

((I just typed up this post, and it was mega long, and then it got deleted.))

Bretty lays on the ground, not willing to move. She feels, the ambrosia being placed in her mouth, and starts to chew. Yum, it tasted like fresh strawberries! She loved the taste of fresh strawberries! Brett could feel the magical food doing it's job, yet she didn't feel like getting up. So for a few seconds, she lays there.

The sound of fighting, snaps her out of her weird funk through. She rolls over on to her tummy, and puts her hands out in front of her. She presses them into the ground, and slowly stands up. She wipes her hands, on her shirt, and locates her sword, and grabs it.

Very slowly, and catiously, she walks towards Caleb, and the Ares boy. When she's within striking distance, she raises her sword, and brings it downwards, slashing at the Ares' boys neck, and shoulder area. The force, of the swing causes her to stumble back a few steps.

This was a really dumb idea, on her part. She wasn't a strong fighter, and her powers made her really weak. So pretty much, anything she did could cause her to get hurt. This, causes Brett to become worried, as shes not sure what to do. Because she's worried, Brett accidently makes it start raining.

At first its a slight sprinkle, but soon it turns into a heavyer downpour. Brett slowly moves, and grabs her sword. She stumbles, back towards the Ares boy. She raises her sword, and swipes at him. The force of the swipe, almost knocking her over. Luckily, she steads herself. She looks around and catches Caleb's eye. "Thanks" she mouths to him.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Caleb let go of the Ares boy as Brett slashed away with her sword. Whoa, was she really aiming to kill the kid? Caleb was a little shocked at that, but he got over it quickly. He could see that Brett was on the verge of collapsing. He groaned quietly, wondering why she had been too stupid to enter the fight in her state. Then as if things weren't bad, it just started to rain. Hard. Caleb's glasses fogged up at the sudden downpour, making his vision as blurry as ever.

The Ares boy was bleeding. He managed to avoid the worst of Brett's slashes but that didn't mean that he escaped the full force of the blows. He staggered back, clutching his shoulder as he blindly retreated back to the forest. Caleb had half a mind to knock him out, but he figured that the boy didn't need any more injuries. What was this? Was Caleb actually growing soft?

Caleb grabbed Brett's arm to help her balance. The rain totally drenched him now and he sheathed his knife to avoid being electrocuted. His brown hair, once held up by a rather respectable amount of gel, stuck to his face like glue. Caleb took off his glasses knowing that they wouldn't help him with the lenses foggy and all. His vision sucked now, but it wasn't like he had any choice.

"What were you thinking?" Caleb said sharply, looking at the blurry figure he assumed to be Brett.

((Hate it when that happens))
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am

Brett looks at Caleb through the rain. When he grabs her arm, she flinches and tries to pull away. "Let go of me!"she says to him. She then attempts to loosen his grip. This only makes the rain worse, seeing that Brett's getting worked up.

Finally she manges, to free herself from his grip. Unfortunetly, this causes her to fall back, and land on her butt. She sighs softly, and wipes her eyes. She sits there, trying to calm down. Soon, the rain starts to die down, alot. She looks up at Caleb, not able to find the words to say.

She looks down at her hands, and sighs softly. She is so stupid. Why can't she ever think before she does something? Just look at the mess they're in. "I'm sorry Caleb. I don't know why I did that. I'm just stupid, I do stuff, that just makes me weak, I never think about what might happen when I do something."

Brett then turns towards the Ares kid. "Can you please leave? I promise I'll pay you back later, somehow."she says softly. Brett's gaze then falls back down to her lap. She had know idea, of what she should do now.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:30 pm

Caleb facepalmed as Brett shook free of his grip and landed on the ground, butt-first. Well, at least it wasn't in the creek, that would've made the whole thing worse, Caleb thought. He turned to look at the Ares kid who was almost out of sight. He doubted that he even heard what Brett said. Probably got scared off by the lightning or something. The boy was almost fried to death, after all.

The rain died down and Caleb wiped his glasses on the ends of his shirt. He placed his glasses back on, getting a bit annoyed by how blurry and full of wipe marks they were. He made a mental note to properly clean them later. The son of Momus stared at Brett for a few moments, just speechless. He had never consoled someone before. Mostly he had done things that often lead them to need consolation. Caleb scratched the back of his head, cussing at the whole thing. Stupid Ares kid. If it weren't for him then they wouldn't even be in this mess.

Not knowing what to say or do, Caleb just continued to stare at Brett. It would probably unnerve her or something, but he just had no idea what to do in this situation.
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:40 pm

((Be prepared, for a terrible post.))

Brett sits there, almost like a dead carcus. She complely zoned out, to the world around her. Slowly, she becomes aware of everything, and sighs. Slowly tears start streaming down her face. She reaches up and wipes them out of her face.

Brett looks at Caleb, once more and stands up. "I'm going to go"she says, as she runs out. She doesn't make it far, before she sinks to the ground. She pulls her knees up to her chest, and wraps her arm around them.

Brett sits there, thinking about well everything. She felt stupid, and she was confused. She uses the end of her shirt, to wipe her eyes. She then rests her head on her knees, as she thinks.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:23 pm

This might be one of the only times when Caleb had no idea what to do.

With his hair still sticking to his face and his clothes soaking wet, Caleb just stared at the daughter of Zeus who just sank down to the ground with her arms around her knees. Should he leave? Caleb might be clueless, but that didn't look like a great option. Who leaves a crying girl near the forest when she had just technically saved his skin? Caleb didn't like owing anything to anybody, but he had no choice.

Caleb walked up to Brett, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Stop being stupid," he suddenly blurted out, shaking her slightly. Okay, maybe that wasn't the best choice of words, but Caleb was so new to this.

((Yay for character development!))
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Brett sits there, starting to zone out once more. After around five seconds, she does zone out. She sits there, crying, unaware of her surrondings. When she hears Caleb's apology, she blinks.

Brett turns, and looks at Caleb. She was shocked, he apologized? It didn't seem like him, but hey why should she complain. "Thank you" she says to him. Brett then looks down at her feet.

She sits there, un-sure of what to do. It felt awkward being around Caleb. When she first met him she hated him, but now she felt something completly different. She couldn't begin to express it either.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:55 pm

Caleb blinked in surprise. He just told Brett to stop being stupid, and she responded with a 'thank you'? He really needed to figure out how people's minds worked. Maybe he was just not getting something here.

"Get up. You look like crap down there," Caleb said, smirking as he offered her his hand.

((Caleb didn't really apologize though))
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 12:20 am

((In her mind he did I guess, Idk. Meh I'm kind of out of it today. I wont stop sneezing and Im trying to watch Glee.)

Brett reaches out, and grabs his hand. She slowly stands up, and looks at him. She reaches up, and wipes her eyes. She then looks at him again. "So what happens now?"she asks him.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 12:29 am

Caleb shrugged. "I'm staying here."

Caleb then resumed his original position by the creek, sitting cross-legged by the flowing water. He sat with his back facing Brett. Flicking a pebble to the water, Caleb didn't want to seem too soft towards Brett. If anything, it was bad for his image. He was really concerned of his image, wasn't he? After all, he was a jerk. He had always been. It wasn't going to be easy to change that. Caleb sighed as he absently played with one of the smooth rocks by the water.
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Brett stands there for a couple of minutes, not sure what to do. She blinks, and rubs the side of her head and looks around. Slowly she turns, and walks in the direction that Caleb went. She walks over to him, and looks at him. "I'm sorry"she says softly. She then turns, and starts to walk away. She said it, and she wanted nothing more to do with Caleb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]   No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No, I'm not hiding. What makes you think that? [ML]
Page 1 of 1