Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:25 am

Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] Jonathancopy
|Jonathan|16|Adams|
// A P H R O D I T E \\

"Hey, leave the girl alone," Jonathan said protectively as he faced the bully, who was unsurprisingly an Ares kid. The boy glared at Jonathan, all the while cracking his fists. Jonathan stood his ground, being the middle man between the boy and the girl now cowering in fright. He didn't know any of them, actually, but the boy had been bullying the girl for some time now and Jonathan couldn't help but intervene. He barely felt the girl gripping the end of his polo shirt tightly--all his attention was focused on the boy in front of him.

"This is none of your business, pretty boy," the Ares kid drawled. "Go back to your cabin and play with your perfumes like a little girl."

Jonathan was stung by this remark, but it didn't show on his face. That was how he was. Even if he was hurt, he wouldn't let anyone know about it. "Seriously, dude, stop beating up the younger campers. Did she even harm you in any way? I think not--"

Jonathan was briefly cut off when the boy's fist connected with his jaw, throwing him to the ground. He groaned, rubbing the part where the boy punched him. Gods, Ares kids were strong. A bruise was already forming on the skin. But the Ares boy wasn't done with him yet. He kicked Jonathan on the side, making the latter double over in pain. Lying on his side, Jonathan coughed. He needed some help right now, that was for sure. Maybe there was a kind soul somewhere who could rush to his aid?
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:35 am

"Idiot." muttered Naren, walking up to behind the bully. "This is how you do it." Naren punched the child of Ares right in the head. Naren was strong, stronger than the boy. Of course, she had been at camp her whole life. After training with the Ares kids for 11 years, Naren was not suprised that she hurt him. The boy rubbed his head, not knowing what had hit him. He turned around to let out his anger on Naren, but she was faster than that. Naren kicked him over, and he lay on the ground moaning in agony. "You really want to get in a fight with a Ares camper?" Naren asked the Aprodite boy lying on the ground. "I didn't think so." She helped him up and gave him a ambrosia square.
Brooklyn got up. She brushed off her bruised hands on her pants and for good measure, she kicked the Ares camper before dashing off. It was not her problem what the Hermes girl did to the bully, nor was she going to stay around to watch it. Brooklyn dashed off.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Jonathan was rather surprised that the girl could take on the bully. Well she did look strong. He felt slightly ashamed of himself for having a girl defend him in that way. After all, he believed that it was supposed to be his job.

"Thanks," Jonathan said before taking a bite off the ambrosia square. As the taste of chocolate chip cookies flooded his tongue, Jonathan sighed as the pain went away almost immediately. He looked around as he chewed, noticing that the girl he was standing up for was already gone. Probably scared that the bully was going to chase after her again, Jonathan assumed. He glanced at the Ares boy now moaning on the ground. Man, that girl must have hit him hard. He felt a little pity for him though, but decided not to show it.

"Sorry, I'm not into fights, see," Jonathan told the girl, smiling slightly. "I figured it would be better to talk to him."

It was Jonathan's trait to always see the bright side in people. So naturally, he was to believe that the Ares camper might mellow down after some talking. But then, this was an Ares camper. But Jonathan wasn't really one to believe in stereotypes. Rubbing the back of his head, he grinned awkwardly at the girl. "I'm Jonathan. Jonathan Adams."
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:43 pm

"Naren Black. Hermes." Naren said, looking at the boy straight in the eye. Naren had to stand on her tippy toes to not look up, but she still looked a little intimidating. "You can never afford to think of that with Ares campers. There are very few Ares kids who don’t think that beating up little kids is fun. I've only met a couple and I've been here my whole life."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:12 am

It was actually funny to think that Jonathan was being scolded by a girl younger than him. Jonathan kept his cool though, and stayed smiling at her. Not like he was insulting Naren or anything, but Jonathan was just like that--all smiles in others' presence.

"I'm banking on the chance that he had a bit of niceness in him," he explained simply, half-glancing at the Ares kid who was now on his feet. He was still groaning in pain, glaring at the two of them. With a more piercing glare at Naren, the Ares kid stumbled away. Jonathan frowned slightly at his retreating back.

"Let's move a bit," Jonathan told Naren as he started to walk farther down the creek. The boy would probably bring reinforcements, and that wouldn't be good for either of them. He looked behind him, wanting to know if Naren was coming. She might have something planned for the day. Jonathan was fine with it if she didn't come with him, as long as she moves away from the place. Ares kids, especially united, were a huge force to be reckoned with.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:37 pm

"Sure." Naren said, hoping over a tree route. "Far away is good. That way we'll have a head start when they come to find us. are you a good runner?" She asked Jonathan. He reminded her of a Aphrodite kid, although he acted different. A little more real, she decided.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:38 am

Jonathan pondered on that thought. He was never really an athlete, actually. Then again, he wasn't really fond of sports in general. He had always been the quiet boy not a lot of people talk to back in school. "Probably not," Jonathan said finally with a deep chuckle. "I'm not exactly an athlete, see."

Throwing a glance behind his back, Jonathan wondered if the Ares kid would be back for revenge. Naren better watch herself, Jonathan thought. Boys didn't like being beaten up by girls. It made them look rather weak. "Maybe he won't be back with reinforcements," Jonathan told Naren. "To be honest I don't think he would be too eager to tell his siblings that he got beaten up by a younger girl," he added, laughing a bit.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 8:56 am

Naren shrugged, grinning. "Pathetic they are. I think he's one of the weaker ones. I've probably defeated him before." Naren did know for a fact that the Ares boy was going to chase after her, but she didn't let that get her down. "I don't think we should be here. Do you want to go somewhere else?" She asked. Naren liked this boy. "Are you a child of Aphrodite?" Naren said politely.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:05 am

Jonathan could see that Naren was confident. Maybe a little too confident. But it didn't really bother him. He knew she could handle herself just fine. You don't see a girl like her beating up an Ares boy everyday. Jonathan was then surprised to hear her question. He didn't really expect her to guess right. He briefly wondered what gave it away. Not that he was ashamed of his parentage, he just really didn't talk much about it.

"Yeah. How'd you know?" Jonathan said curiously, smiling at Naren. He looked behind him for good measure. "And yeah, maybe you're right. Any suggestions on where to go?"
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:29 am

"I know those things. After 11 years in the Hermes cabin, you'd think I should." Naren laughed lightly. "I really don't know. You got any ideas?"
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Jonathan chuckled lightly. Well, Naren had a point. She must've seen a lot of unclaimed demigods come and go in the Hermes cabin. He stopped chuckling when a random thought occurred to him. Did he hear her right? Eleven years? Eleven? Wow, that sure had to be a long time to be stuck in camp. Forgetting her question, Jonathan turned to Naren with a confused twinkle in his eyes.

"You've been here eleven years?" he asked her, surprised. "How old are you?"
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:07 am

"I'm going to be 12 soon. I've been here my whole life." Naren said. She understood how people were confused when she said that. Most who asked either felt bad for her or were jealous of her. Naren didn't blame Jonathan one bit. She climbed up some of the lower branches of a apple tree so she could be as tall as he was.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:18 am

Jonathan was rather surprised. He never thought that some people could be here their whole lives. That was just... he didn't know if he should pity Naren or not. He also wanted to ask why she had been here that long, but bit back his question since it sounded rude and nosy in his head. Jonathan looked at her and got a bit surprised when he didn't have to look down. "You must have gotten a lot of training then," Jonathan commented, smiling. "No wonder you took that boy down easily."
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:24 am

"Not really." said Naren, obviously flattered. "I wasn't alloud to train until I was five. But I took karate too." Jonathan was overly polite, Naren thought. She wished he would just blurt it all out like she did. "How long have you been here?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:36 am

"That's still way more than the fighting lessons I had to take," Jonathan said, chuckling. He was glad that he wasn't one of Naren's enemies. That would really suck. He would really feel so sorry for himself if he ended up in that situation.

"I've been here for... three years, give or take," he answered after a pause. "Hm, have you ever tried sneaking out? Just curious."

((I find it funny how I'm rping two completely opposite chars with you at the moment. Jonathan is the complete and total opposite of Caleb xD))
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:02 am

(( Yeah. Naren is a little more level-headed than Lyra, but they are still really good friends))
"Yeah, loads of times. Mostly to the convenice store to get coke. " Naren laughed a little. "I have some on my bunk all the time."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:21 am

Jonathan wasn't surprised by the answer. He would be surprised if Naren lived eleven years in this camp without bothering to see the outside world. Just for fun, he feigned a mock look of surprise and disapproval. "You go out without permission? That's against the camp rules. You should be grounded." Jonathan paused, realizing how lame he had sounded. He put on a sheepish smile and chuckled. "Nah, just kidding. I sneak out too. Then again, almost everyone had sneaked out at some point. Camp can get too boring too, even with all these cool demigod stuff around."
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:07 pm

Naren frowned at the boy for a second, trying to figure out if he was being sincere. When he was mention he was joking Naren relaxed. She grinned like a chesire cat. "Yeah. I found a really cool place a while back. It's far off montauk, but I know a way to get there." Naren was speaking of the golf cart she had stolen from another camper's farm.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:09 am

Jonathan pursed his lips. He had no idea how far Montauk was from camp, but judging from the tone of Naren's voice, it must be pretty far. Jonathan had never been the kind of kid who aced his geography class. He smiled at Naren as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Well, glad to hear you have a haven out of camp," he said, meaning it. "How'd you end up in here for that long anyway?" Jonathan asked before he could stop himself. "I mean, eleven years... that's a pretty long time."
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:14 pm

"My mom." Said Naren, lowering her voice to a normal volume. "She left me here 11 years ago." Naren didn't mind Jonathan asking. Most people did. Jonathan was actually pretty nice about it.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:25 am

Jonathan was slightly surprised to hear that. And a little saddened too. He began to wonder why Naren's mother did that to her. He decided not to judge her for leaving her daughter here in camp just after she was born. Maybe she had a good reason for that, or so Jonathan believed. He decided not to ask Naren too, since he believed that it was a little too personal.

"I see," Jonathan said quietly, leaning his back against the nearest tree. "My dad left me in an orphanage after I was born," he said suddenly. Jonathan decided to tell Naren some things about his past. After all, she told him about some of hers, so he just felt like returning the favor. "I don't think he knew I was a demigod. Or if he had, maybe he just didn't know about camp. Well, in any case, I found another home in the hands of my new parents, so I guess it all panned out rather well," he finished, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:40 pm

"Oh. That's too bad. But at least you have parents. Hermes isn't a great dad." Naren smiled slightly when she mentioned her dad. "But Chiron brought me up. He's like my second father. And Arlia."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]   Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Y'know, just being someone's punching bag right now... [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1