Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A walk (OPEN)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moon
Elite Writer
moon

A walk (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: A walk (OPEN)   A walk (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:06 am

A walk (OPEN) S4c57a
* KYLEE ABIGAIL REEDS *

Daughter of Poseidon
Kylee held the reins to her horse, Puzzle. Her hair was pinned back in a ponytail, and she was wearing her normal clothes. She wasn't the type of person to be fancy. Besides, right now was Puzzle's time. Kylee looked at her horse and mounted in one motion. She brushed a loose strand of hair from her face, and Puzzle began walking down the path. Most people didn't like the feeling of riding a horse, but Kylee loved it.

It was a pretty warm day, as far as February days go. The sun was shinning above her, and the path was empty. Kylee looked ahead of her, and saw no one again. She couldn't help but think that someone would show up, because the path was never like this.
http://www.polyvore.com/kylee/set?id=44166967

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

A walk (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A walk (OPEN)   A walk (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:18 pm

~ Taylor Brooks, 16, Daughter of Khione ~
A walk (OPEN) Taylorcopy
Everybody sing like it's the last song you will ever sing.
Tell me, tell me do you feel the pressure now?
Everybody live like it's the last day you will ever see.
Tell me, tell me do you feel the pressure now?

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!"

The scream was high-pitched and uncontrolled as Taylor clung on to the reins of the horse she was riding on. She was holding on for dear life. What had she done to end up like this? She was just passing by the stables and thought it would be nice to ride a horse, even if she had never ridden one before. She led one of the white horses out of its stable, the animal following her grudgingly. It took her a few minutes to get the saddle on, with the help of a kind camper who was passing by. She mounted the horse but it didn't want to move. She got it to trot slowly after a good half-hour, after she had promised it some carrots when they got back. Then, bored by the horse's slow pace, Taylor kinda waved the reins and hit the horse on its rear, trying to copy what the cowboys did in some movies. Then the horse got mad or something, and it was now galloping at top speed, not caring if its rider fell off.

Suddenly in the blur that was her surroundings, Taylor spotted what seemed to be a girl also riding her horse. "Heeeeelp!" she cried, trying to maintain her grip on the reins. She was going to fall off any second now if the horse didn't stop.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
moon
Elite Writer
moon

A walk (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A walk (OPEN)   A walk (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 7:59 am

* KYLEE ABIGAIL REEDS *
Kylee's head perked up, as did Puzzle's. She swore she heard... a scream? Kylee turned her horse around 180 degrees and rode farther down the path. They were almost done with their ride, but Kylee wanted to see what was screaming, or who for that matter. She saw a horse running at them, full speed. It's rider was flailing desperately onto it. Kylee stopped Puzzle and reached for the reins of the opposing horse. It was going fast, but she kept her grip, and was knocked off her horse. Kylee used her legs to find something to make it stop, by sticking her heels into the ground. It worked. "Whoa!" she said, making the horse come to a complete stop. Puzzle, Kylee's horse, was coming around the bend, looking for her rider. "Are you alright?" she asked the rider.

Kylee held onto the horse with oly one hand now, as she looked at the rider. "You could've been killed! have you ever even rode a horse before?" she asked. Kylee didn't like when people did something like that and didn't have the knowledge to ride correctly. In her mind, that was stupid, she just didn't say anything to the girl's face about that.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

A walk (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A walk (OPEN)   A walk (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 8:14 am

Taylor breathed a huge sigh of relief when the horse stopped, even if the inertia did make her slam face first on the back of the horse's head. She pulled back, trying to spit whatever horse hair that got into her system. Taylor turned to her savior, grinning widely. "I'm okay now. Thanks a lot," she said, her voice hoarse from all the yelling she did earlier. "I don't think I can thank you enough."

Taylor sat up straighter on the saddle, rubbing the back of her head. "Er... no..." she admitted, grinning awkwardly as she avoided the girl's stare. "I thought it was easy. The guys in the movies seemed to make it look like so," Taylor said as she shrugged. She gave a light chuckle, trying to laugh the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

A walk (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A walk (OPEN)   A walk (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 8:14 pm

* KYLEE ABIGAIL REEDS *
Kylee smiled and looked at the horse the girl was riding. She blinked and turned back to the girl. "Yeah, no problem." Kylee said with a nod. Listening to the girl talk made her smile. "The guys in the movies", what a great reference. "Well," she said, looking at the horse. "I honestly don't think it was your fault." Kylee said, turning back to the girl. "It wasn't! Those snakes are scary things!" the horse said in the daughter of Poseidon's mind.

Kylee almost jumped, hearing the horse's thoughts in her mind. "Um, correction, I'm positive it was not your fault." she said. "Yes, it was not. I'm sorry." the horse said. "Okay, what's your name Mr. Horse?" Kylee asked in the horse's mind. "Junior." it replied. She nodded, and looked at the girl. "Oh, I'm Kylee, daughter of Poseidon." Kylee said, holding out her hand.

She looked at her horse, Puzzle, who was nuzzling the girl affectionately. "That's my horse, Puzzle." Kylee explained. "And, Junior over here says sorry, and snakes are scary." she said, motioning to Junior with her head.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

A walk (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A walk (OPEN)   A walk (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:27 am

"Taylor, daughter of Khione. So a Poseidon girl, I see," Taylor mused to herself, smiling at Kylee as she shook her hand. Her gaze shifted between Kylee to the horse, Junior. "A connection with horses... cool," Taylor said as she patted Junior's head soothingly. Well at any rate she was glad it wasn't her fault. If it was... well she would have trouble admitting it, being the somewhat stubborn kid she was when it got to apologizing. She looked around for snakes, but spotted Puzzle coming instead.

"It's fine, dude," Taylor told Junior as she ran her hand down the horse's mane. "Beautiful horse by the way," Taylor said as she patted Puzzle on its snout. "You've been riding horses long? Something tells me that you're an expert rider," she added as she turned to Kylee, grinning.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

A walk (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A walk (OPEN)   A walk (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:01 pm

* KYLEE ABIGAIL REEDS *
Kylee smiled at Taylor's compliment towards Puzzle. Junior sighed, or at least that's what it sounded like to her. Puzzle was happy with Taylor was well, she always liked compliments. "I like this girl!" the painted mare said in Kylee's mind. She smiled and listened to Taylor, who was talking again. She shrugged. "I've been riding for a while... say about 14 years?" Kylee said, not taking much thought into it. "My grandfather owns a ranch, and my mom and I lived there. I was riding before I could walk straight."she said, cracking into a smile.

Kylee looked at Junior and then at Taylor again. "I could help you learn how to ride if you wanted." she offered. She was in a good mood today, and felt like helping people. Besides, Taylor seemed nice, and if she wanted to learn, Kylee would help as much as she could.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

A walk (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A walk (OPEN)   A walk (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:25 am

Taylor chuckled. So it was now confirmed that she was talking to an expert horse rider. A grin lit up her face at Kylee's offer. Wow, teach her how to ride a horse? Taylor felt somewhat giddy at the thought. Even if she didn't have any interest in riding horses before this fateful event, she felt thrilled to be offered a chance to learn a new skill. Besides, it might come in handy sometime.

"That would be awesome," Taylor said. She glanced at her horse as it snorted--was it laughing at her or something? Taylor felt a twinge of irritation but chose to ignore it. "I need lessons... badly," she added as she turned back to Kylee, chuckling.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

A walk (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A walk (OPEN)   A walk (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:07 pm

* KYLEE ABIGAIL REEDS *

Kylee smiled and glanced over at Junior, who has laughing. Her grin grew as she nodded. "Sure, I can help you." she said with a nod. Puzzle slowly walked over to her rider, as if waiting to start going again. Kylee's horse often never stood still. She was similar to her rider. "She does need lessons..." Junior thought, while Kylee quickly read his mind. "Junior would love to help you." She said, a smirk crossing her lips. Junior stamped his foot, not in protest, but as if he had to do something today, which he mustn't have wanted to do.

Kylee tolled her eyes at the horse and turned to Taylor. "Here, I'll help you up and we can start, now." she said, rather direct in her words. She liked to get this done as quickly and efficiently as possible. "That is, if you don't mind." Kylee added. Taylor's possible schedule conflicts had slipped the demigod's mind.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

A walk (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A walk (OPEN)   A walk (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:30 pm

"He doesn't sound too pleased," Taylor said, chuckling as she motioned to Junior. The horse started to kick the ground, maybe for something to do. Taylor wondered--can horses have ADHD or something? She laughed, thinking about it.

"But hey, I don't mind and I'm all up for it," she continued, smiling at Kylee. She was actually going to learn how to ride a horse. She went giddy at the thought. Who knows, maybe in the next few days she would be riding one...like a boss. Like in those cowboy movies. She grinned.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

A walk (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A walk (OPEN)   A walk (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:25 pm

* KYLEE ABIGAIL REEDS *
Kylee smiled and petting Puzzle's nose. ["I'm sure it will be just fine." she said with a reassuring smile. Kylee listened in on Junior's thoughts. He was telling himself what a mess he got into. He just had to be picked for this job. Needless to say, he didn't sound enthused.

Kylee quickly mounted Puzzle, and looked at Taylor. She almost face-palmed, remembering that her new friend was a beginner. "Put you foot in the stirrup and swing your leg over Junior to mount." Kylee said. She hoped that her words were clear, and she would be a decent teacher.

* So So Sorry for the late reply! *
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

A walk (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A walk (OPEN)   A walk (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:17 am

Stirrup. What the Hades is a stirrup? Taylor thought as she studied the saddle. Junior was shaking his head, or at least that was what it looked like to her. Finally piecing together what Kylee said, Taylor placed one of her feet on the stirrup and swung her other leg over the horse like what Kylee told her to do. Once she was safely seated on the horse, Taylor let out the breath she didn't realize she was holding. Well, this was a certainly better way to mount a horse than what she had done earlier. It took her a lot of tries to get properly seated. One of her attempts even included jumping on the horse out of desperation. Taylor laughed to herself just by thinking about it. Man, she had been stupid.

"Done!" Taylor said cheerfully, giving Kylee a thumbs up. Her other hand gripped Junior's reins tightly. "Lesson number one: complete. What now?"

((It's fine :) ))
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

A walk (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A walk (OPEN)   A walk (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:54 pm

* KYLEE ABIGAIL REEDS *
Daughter of Poseidon

Kylee felt stupid, seeing Taylor stopped for a moment, thinking of what it was. "Now, kick him in the flank lightly, he should move." she said with a smile. "Sure... I will totally move...eh." Junior said in Kylee's mind. "Oh Junior, you will, trust me on that. Just because you're a stick in the mud doesn't mean you can't cooperate!" the demigod replied.

The horse neighed in reply. "Fine, fine, whatever." it said softly. Kylee laughed and looked at Taylor with a smile. "He's one lazy horse." she said, still smiling. "I'm not, right?" another voice asked in her head. Puzzle. "Oh, sometimes, but it's fine, I'm just bugging him." Kylee replied. Puzzle nodded, and turned to look at Taylor as well.

Her horse didn't usually get along with people so well. Kylee was happy to see that Puzzle didn't mind Taylor. Besides, the stubborn horse didn't like her fiancee Aiden much, or others who came to see her.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

A walk (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A walk (OPEN)   A walk (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 7:33 am

Taylor really doubted if Junior would move. The horse did seem stubborn and lazy. Taylor kicked Junior on the flank, just like what Kylee said. Well, just as she expected, the horse didn't move. What, should she kick harder or something? Taylor didn't want a repeat of that embarrassing incident earlier where she almost died. She kicked again, just like earlier. Taylor groaned softly just as Junior huffed.

"Yeah, he is," Taylor agreed. Junior seemed to regard her statement for a moment, before finally walking in slow calculated steps. Taylor grinned. "Well, maybe not quite," Taylor took back what she said earlier. "Maybe he needs some kind of motivation? I don't know."

Taylor chuckled as she heard Junior neigh quietly in reply. She wondered about his reply, and she wished she could talk to horses or something. Taylor turned to Kylee. "What's next, teach?"
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

A walk (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A walk (OPEN)   A walk (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 10:24 pm

* KYLEE ABIGAIL REEDS *
Daughter of Poseidon
Kylee sighed, seeing Junior wasn't going to move very fast. She got off Puzzle and whispered in the other horse's ear. "Be nice Junior! Let her learn... please?" Kylee whispered. The horse snorted, as a laugh. "And what's in it for me? Apples?" he asked. Kylee groaned a little bit and shook her head. "Fine, just listen okay?" she replied, walking back to her horse and mounting.

Kylee looked at Taylor and smiled, giving her a thumbs up. " This is how you turn right and left." she said, demonstrating on Puzzle. "Click the reins to make them turn faster." Kylee added with a smile. She thought to herself, was she forgetting anything important? Not really. That was the main part of horse riding.

"Want to go down the path now?" Kylee asked, noticing that Puzzle seemed ready to go. "Can we ride now?" Puzzle asked her rider. She patted her mane, trying to calm her horse, and keep her waiting.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

A walk (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A walk (OPEN)   A walk (OPEN) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Amused, Taylor watched Kylee whisper some words to Junior's ear. She couldn't hear the conversation, and if she could, Taylor knew she wouldn't understand the horse's side anyway. Was Kylee scolding Junior or something? Taylor didn't know for sure, but whatever Kylee said had gotten Junior to move faster, even for a bit.

Taylor did what Kylee told her to do and found that Junior was a bit more cooperative now. Smiling, she turned to Kylee. "Yeah, I guess I can afford to do that now without getting killed," Taylor joked, patting Junior's head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A walk (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A walk (OPEN)   A walk (OPEN) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A walk (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1