Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Going the Distance [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

Going the Distance [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Going the Distance [Open]   Going the Distance [Open] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:32 am

Naomi 'Nae Nae' - Daughter of Khione - A frozen teardrop dangles alone.

The sun was just rising as I snuck out of the cabin, already dressed. I wore a silk white dress with blue ribbons, my hair was done up in pigtails and I thought I looked pretty good.

I went to my favorite place, Zephyros Creek. It's where I spent most of my free time, or where I went when I needed to think. I sighed sadly, holding onto the necklace my mother, Khione had given me.
My tears stuck to my face, freezing to it. I felt alone, all the time. I didn't really have many friends because I was so shy. Memories surged through my head as I gazed at the now frozen creek.

I stuck out my hand, pointing at the ground. I felt a tugging in my stomach as my hand glowed, I crafted a chair out of the ice and sat down, unstrapping the bag I had on my shoulder. I pulled out my journal and a pencil and started writing.

'Loneliness is the state of mind in which one wanders by theirself. It is a proclaimed path that leads one on their own. It is the path I walk. Cold, and timeless.'

I paused, not knowing that to say. Words surged through my brain as a storm would. My mind was simply too active for me to handle.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going the Distance [Open]   Going the Distance [Open] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:11 am

Taylor was just passing by when she saw the whole thing: how the creek froze and how the girl crafted a chair out of the ice. She did a double-take and squinted at the girl. No doubt she was one of her half-sisters--and she cursed herself for not remembering the girl's name. A closer look told Taylor that she was the girl whom she had seen around the cabin--the girl who was usually alone. Feeling particularly friendly today, Taylor approached her. She was rather surprised when she saw the frozen tears stuck to the girl's face.

"Hey there," Taylor said, sitting on the ground beside the girl. "Nice handiwork," she complimented, looking at the chair.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: Going the Distance [Open]   Going the Distance [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:18 am

The voice I heard was friendly and familiar. Setting my journal down on my lap I gazed towards the voice and to my surprise saw one of my half-sisters.

"H-Hey." I stuttered, trying to quickly wipe the frozen tears from my face, which didn't go so well. I tried to smile at the compliment.
"T-Thanks for the compliment, I can make you one too, if you'd like?"
It was the first time I tried to be friendly since I arrived at the camp.

I didn't have my friends so I thought I'd give this girl a chance. What was her name? I know it should come to me because she was my half-sister and all, which made her feel even stupider for not remembering, but also made her feel closer to her.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going the Distance [Open]   Going the Distance [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:07 am

Taylor brushed off the offer. "Nah, it's fine," she said, seated cross-legged on the ground. "Thanks for the offer though."

Taylor looked at the girl, trying to figure out her name. It was annoying how she couldn't remember it. Shrugging the thought aside, Taylor took notice of the journal on her lap. She seemed to be writing something before she arrived. It was probably the girl's diary or something, Taylor assumed, and a look on the girl's face told her that she wasn't really in a happy mood.

"You alright?" Taylor asked with concern.
Back to top Go down
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: Going the Distance [Open]   Going the Distance [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:15 am

I directed my gaze to the ground, closing my eyes. "I always feel alone." I sighed softly, my breath visible.
I didn't feel cold at all, actually I was very comfortable.
It felt nice to finally have someone to talk to. I smiled weakly and nodded at her.
"Now that you're here I feel much better." I admitted to her in my gentle voice. I noticed her eyes on my notebook and realized I hadn't closed it.
She was a sister of mine anyway, so I could trust her, right? I messed with my snowflake shaped necklace idly, not even noticing that I was.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going the Distance [Open]   Going the Distance [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:27 am

Taylor couldn't help but smile at the girl. She was really sweet and all. Taylor couldn't really understand why she felt alone. A sweet girl like her could have many friends if she liked, or so Taylor thought. But then, she didn't seem like the person who would go around introducing herself to everybody.

Like the curious person she was, Taylor had unconsciously began reading the girl's journal. 'Loneliness is the state of mind in which one wanders by theirself. It is a proclaimed path that leads one on their own. It is the path I walk. Cold, and timeless.' Wow, she writes well, Taylor thought, impressed. A few seconds passed and she caught herself, realizing that it was probably a diary or some sort and she was probably not allowed to read it.

"Sorry," Taylor apologized. "I didn't mean to read it. You a writer or something? You should totally try to write a book," Taylor said with a smile. She figured that compliments would at least cheer up the girl even a little. Besides, Taylor wasn't even lying when she said that.
Back to top Go down
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: Going the Distance [Open]   Going the Distance [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:31 pm

I smiled lightly, blushing. "You really like it?" I asked, quietly.
"I don't really share my writing because I am shy, its hard for me to trust people. You probably understand that, being a demigod, and all."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going the Distance [Open]   Going the Distance [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:01 am

"Yep," Taylor said, nodding. She was glad that the girl began to open up a little. "Well, we demigods have our ups and downs," she continued. "I know trusting people can be a tad bit hard, but it's going to be worth it in the end."

Taylor stopped, sinking deep into her thoughts. She unconsciously examined her ring as she had an inner debate with herself. Finally, after a few seconds, Taylor decided to speak her mind. "Look, I know this is going to be kinda weird, since we're half-siblings and we even live in the same cabin. But seriously," Taylor smiled her biggest smile, hoping for the best, "what's your name?"
Back to top Go down
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: Going the Distance [Open]   Going the Distance [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 5:11 am

I smiled knowingly.
"I'm Naomi. Some people might call me Nae Nae. Whats your name?
I accidentally hit the button on the side of the necklace, and it began to shimmer with power. Seconds later I was standing up holding my longsword, Frozen Tear, which began drawing energy from the already frozen air. The sword sparkled in the light of the rising sun, ice literally forming around the blade and hilt of the sword. It was a good thing that Taylor was a Khione kid, or she would have been frozen. The blade could cause hypothermia to those who came within a few inches of the blade, and it hung just in front of Taylor's nose. I glanced at my half-sister with shock. "I'm sorry! It was an accident!"
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going the Distance [Open]   Going the Distance [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:15 am

"Oh I'm--" Taylor cut off as she found herself face-to-face with a longsword. Instinctively backing away from the frozen sword, Taylor stood up quickly while taking her ring off. The ring transformed into a silvery white sword in a split-second, the sapphire on its hilt gleaming in the sunlight. Holding the sword in front of her, Taylor could feel the adrenaline pump through her veins, preparing her for battle. She was trained in combat, after all, so her first reaction after getting a sword pointed at her face was naturally to be defensive. This all happened in a span of roughly three seconds.

Taylor held her position for about two more seconds as she took in the scene. She vaguely heard Naomi blurt out an apology. Taylor relaxed slightly, lowering her sword. She took a deep breath to calm herself, to give time for her heart to slow down. Taylor cautiously took a step towards Naomi. She wondered if accidents like these were the reason why people didn't hang around with her.

"Hm, interesting," Taylor mumbled to herself as she studied the longsword. It was the perfect weapon for a Khione child. She could practically feel the cold aura emanating from it. Though she couldn't really tell, Taylor assumed that the temperature around them must have greatly dropped when Naomi's sword was brought out. Taylor suspected that her being a Khione child herself was the reason why she didn't suffer the sword's deadly effect.

"You should be careful with a sword like that," Taylor told Naomi. She looked into her eyes, trying to convey how serious she was. "That was a close call."
Back to top Go down
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: Going the Distance [Open]   Going the Distance [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:38 pm

Naomi | 14 | Khione

Spoiler:

Naomi swiftly withdrew her sword, frozen tears falling down her cheeks again.
"Its..never happened before.." she gasped, breathlessly.

She felt horrible, what if she would've been closer? What if it wasn't a Khione child? She could've injured someone on accident, and she didn't want that.
Feeling extremely sad, she shrunk down, in fear. She had hoped that Taylor wouldn't hate her for this incident, and that they could still be friends.

She looked up at Taylor, straight in the eyes and barely was able to say
"I-I'm so s-sorry, d-don't hate m-me pl-please!" in between sobs. She had never felt so empty before. She could feel her heart crack under the pressure, and she didn't want to be alone anymore. She had finally found a friend, even a half-sister, who she almost assaulted unintentionally.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going the Distance [Open]   Going the Distance [Open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 9:50 am

Taylor just didn't have the heart to be angry at the sobbing girl in front of her. She withdrew her sword, turning it back into a ring. Naomi just looked so... helpless. Taylor bit her lip. She wasn't exactly good with situations like this. She walked up to Naomi and awkwardly patted her head.

"Uh... there, there," she said consolingly. "Just be careful next time." Then feeling like it was the right thing to do, Taylor pulled Naomi into a hug. When she pulled away after a few seconds, Taylor's lips widened into a grin. "So... cheer up, okay? By the way, I'm Taylor."
Back to top Go down
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: Going the Distance [Open]   Going the Distance [Open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Naomi | 14 | Khione

Naomi smiled weakly, and hugged Taylor back. She started to feel better, knowing that her only real friend was there for her.

"It's nice to meet you Taylor" she replied, her eyes sparkling in the sunlight. The tears had fallen and were removed from her face.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going the Distance [Open]   Going the Distance [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 5:45 am

"Likewise," Taylor said, smiling. She was glad that the frozen tears were now gone from Naomi's face. Her smile widened into a grin while she took her previous seat by the creek. Placing both of her arms behind her head, Taylor said, "Don't you think it's funny how we live in the same cabin and are basically sisters, and yet we didn't know each other until now?
Back to top Go down
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: Going the Distance [Open]   Going the Distance [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 7:16 am

"Yeah, its kind of weird." Naomi agreed. She grinned ear to ear and sat next to her half-sister. "I'm glad we met though. Maybe we'll become very close friends." she said hopefully.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Going the Distance [Open]   Going the Distance [Open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:40 am

Taylor smiled. She patted Naomi on the head. "Yep, I sure hope so," she said cheerfully. Her eyes drifted over to Naomi's necklace, which was previously a longsword. "That's a priceless weapon you have there. A gift from Mom?" she asked casually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going the Distance [Open]   Going the Distance [Open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going the Distance [Open]
Page 1 of 1