Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Closer to the Edge... [[open]]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

Closer to the Edge... [[open]] Empty
PostSubject: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:30 am

Closer to the Edge... [[open]] Einar-1

"When you stare, what do you see?"
==========

Oscar leaned over the edge of the creek, looking at his reflection in the water. How had he gotten like this? he used to have a home, have a family. Now he was all alone. He turned away from the creek, not able to stare at his own reflection for too long. It brought back memories. Horrible memories. It was true to say that Oscar wasn't in the right state of mind right now. And he probrably never would be again.

==========
"A broken boy, invisible to all those who could help him."

Back to top Go down
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:36 am

A small girl could be seen running towards the Creek, her pale snow-white skin and icy eyes made it apparent she was Khione's daughter, and the fear in her eyes probably wasn't a good thing, either.
She jumped onto the creek, ice forming under her feet which she walked across. She then noticed the boy looking into the water, and thought to herself that she better warn him. "A-A snak-snake woman!" She pointed behind him, and a woman with two snake trunks as legs, carrying a spear emerged from the brush, screaming in rage, icicles stuck in her scaly skin. "Run.." was all she could say, then she did something crazy, she jumped back to the grass, and pressed the button on her necklace, a sword appearing in her hand. The sword emanated a cold so chilling, that it would cause hypothermia with one blow.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:24 am

"When you stare into my eyes, what do you see?"
==========
Oscar jumped up when the girl - presumably a few years younger than himself - ran across the river screaming about a snake woman. Copying the girl's actions, Oscar pulled out his old guitar pick, stroking it in such a way that it transformed into his sword.
"Okay, so what are we fighting?" he asked the girl, not saying much else.
==========
"A broken boy, invisible to those who could help him..."

Back to top Go down
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:22 am

She looked at him, impressed with the guitar pick sword. She'd later ask him about that. "A-A Dracaenae!" She pointed at the brush, where the serpent woman emerged, carrying a large spear, her skin frostbitten with small icicles. "I was running through the forest alone, and...I got attacked by that!"
She closed her eyes, and the air around them grew colder, ice began forming in her hair. She was obviously scared witless, and she began to tremble. The dracaenae began to come towards them, and she looked at the boy fearfully.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:13 pm

==========
Khione kids. Always giving people frostbite. At least, Oscar thought she was a Khione kid. Just a guess.
"Look, kid, I- I- I- I can't fight... Especially not to protect someone else. I just can't." He looked into her fear-filled eyes, hoping she would understand. Oscar just couldn't handle any more mental stress.
==========
"A broken boy, invisible to those who could help him."
Back to top Go down
MichioShirota

MichioShirota

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:26 pm

She looked into his eyes sadly, and nodded. Her entire form shook, creating large sheets of ice to form around her. She ran towards the Dracaenae, and slashed at it with her frozen sword, to no avail. The snake lady hissed and parried, finally slashing at Naomi, the dracaenae's spear caught the Khione girl in the arm, throwing her into a tree. The dracaenae began advancing on her. She screamed in fear, her sword a few feet away, she could feel a slight buzzing in her arm, and blood poured out of her wound onto the green grass, coloring it crimson. She began to cry, but the tears were frozen icicles. She looked helpless and felt helpless.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:40 am

==========

The inner battle between common sense and humanity that raged inside of Oscar was too much. Eventually, the tiny little bit inside of him that remained from before the abuse started stepped in. Help the girl. One less thing to feel guilty about. You know you want to. The pained expression that was etched across both of their faces urged him to draw his sword against the monster, and slash away, freeing the girl from her fright. Or so he hoped. He watched the dust roll away, as he waited for the girl to free herself from her icy prison. Still, he was silent.

==========

Back to top Go down
libby

libby

Location : Right there... No, there... No, just right there... NO! RIGHT THERE!!!!! must I do everything myself?

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 11:29 am

I slash at the Dracaenae's back, leaving a trace of Ichor behind the blade. Using the flat of my blade, I smack the Dracaenae's head, sending it stumbling to the side. "Didn't Kronos ever teach you it's not nice to hit girls?" I extend my sword full length. "Let's go you stupid snake."
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 12:24 pm

==========
Oscar watched as the older boy took over his battle, leaving him to help the Khione girl. Although he was stumped for a moment, Oscar soon regained his medical senses, and used his sword to slash off a bit of material from his shirt, wrapping it around the girl's wound. He hoped it would stop the bleeding, or at least contain it, but the red liquid seeped through. Facing the inevitable, Oscar pulled off the black shirt that had covered his body for the last few weeks, and shivered slightly as the cold air hit his skin. He didn't care about being half-naked; he had been in worse situations. Once again, he re-wrapped the wound, using his shirt this time. It held the blood. Or at least, it appeared to. As he waited for the girl to come around, he watched the fight that was going on over in a vauge left direction. He would have to thank this boy later. As long as he didn't judge him.
==========
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

Location : Right there... No, there... No, just right there... NO! RIGHT THERE!!!!! must I do everything myself?

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 12:45 pm

The monster charged in rage. Again I brained it with the flat of my blade, before stabbing it in the side. It laid on the ground for only a second before I made a clean cut across it's neck. I stare down at the ashes not sure if I should feel proud or ashamed. that wasn't exactly clean fighting. I would get over it soon enough. turning back to the girl and the boy I ask if they were O.K.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 12:51 pm

==========
"Well, let me just say I've been in worse situations." Oscar grimaced, flashbacks continually playing inside his mine. Just ignore them... "How about you?" He asked. "I mean, are you not hurt after fighting that snake thing?" He quickly glanced at the Khione girl, seeing if she had woken up yet. He didn't even know her name.
==========
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 1:11 pm

"You mean that Dracaenae? Yeah I'm fine. One is no problem."I glance at the girl. "Is she gonna be alright?"
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 1:36 pm

==========
"I hope she'll be alright." He crosses his fingers, wishing for her health. "So, what's your name, dude-who-just-killed-a-dracaenae?" Oscar asked, another shiver going through his body. Man, couldn't the Anemoi have chosen a different day to work the winds? Oscar slightly regretted using his t-shirt as a bandage, but it was better than nothing. Like he told the Dracaenae fighter, he'd been in worse situations.
==========
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 1:38 pm

"I'm Danial."I see the boy shiver. "You cold? Here." I pull my shirt off and toss it to him. "It may be a few sizes to big, but it'll keep you warm.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 1:48 pm

==========
He eyes up the shirt for a moment, before throwing it back to Daniel.
"No thanks, you keep the shirt... Like I said, I've been through worse. I remember once-" Oscar cut himself off, not wanting to share too much about his past. He wasn't exactly proud of it. A kleptomaniac, an ex-pyromaniac, a druggie and a runaway... not something to brag about. "I'm Oscar, by the way. Oscar Kirf. Son of Alastor."
==========
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 1:51 pm

I toss the shirt back to him."Keep it. I can't feel much because of these scars." I kneel beside Oscar. "Just put the shirt on. I'm not gonna take it back."
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 2:01 pm

==========
Oscar mumbled a thanks under his breath, pulling the shirt over his head. Daniel was right-it was very baggy on him indeed.
"So..." He said, concious of the people around him, not sure what to say. He hadn't had so much human interaction in a while. "What's your story?" He asked Daniel, glancing back down at the Khione girl every now and then. She still hadn't woken up.
==========
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 2:06 pm

"Dad died, went to orphanage, was saved by Satyr, journey with Zeus kids, they died, I made it here, never intend to leave." I stared at the girl for a bit. "Your story is?"
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 2:16 pm

==========
"My story... It's complicated. Ran away from home in Germany after being bullied by my twin brother, Gratian, and magically found my way over here to America. I... I fell into the wrong crowd. And then I came here. 'Nuff said." Admittidly, Oscar was hiding a lot, including the many months spent in juvvie, but that was all Daniel needed to know. He looked at the Khione girl again. It was becoming a habit now.
==========
Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 2:21 pm

I looked off into the distance. Making a dust devil with magic I closed my eyes. "What's you're favorite thing here at camp? There's so much to do here."
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:21 pm

==========
"I guess I like hanging out at the ampitheatre... It's a cool place to play guitar." He replied to Daniel's question, the old feelings of happiness that used to fill him when he talked to other people stirred inside him once more.
==========

Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:25 pm

"You play the guitar? Cool! I'd love to here you some time. Just lemme know when you're playing."
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:34 pm

==========
"Yeah, I play... I guess it's sort of the only thing keeping me alive. I know that music has gotten me through a lot, and stopped me topping myself many a time." He told the full truth for once to Daniel, revealing more about his past. "I'm afraid you can't hear me though, unless you're like, the son of a minor god. That's my cabin, by the way. Hera's cabin." He shut up his rambling tounge for a moment. It felt too good to be talking again. He hadn't in so long.
==========

Back to top Go down
libby

libby

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 6:41 pm

I smiled. "My mom's Selene. does that work?" I enjoyed talking to Oscar. I was glad we met each other.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Poet

Ninja Poet

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 6:51 pm

==========
"Guess that means we're cabin mates. I'm a son of Alastor, you see. I'm pretty sure I've told you that, though. Have I told you that?" Now, Oscar had confused himself. He never could keep his tounge straight. Today, Oscar had surprised himself. He had always been one of those people who could only be sociable under the influence. And on this day, he had been nowhere near the secret box under his bunk in which he kept his `influence`. He would have to remember this.
==========

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Closer to the Edge... [[open]]   Closer to the Edge... [[open]] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Closer to the Edge... [[open]]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next