Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

closer than this

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

closer than this Empty
PostSubject: closer than this   closer than this I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 5:01 am

closer than this Tumblr_mdp75tdmYY1rzg9xl

Levi Charles Wayland

Levi was particularly surprised when he woke up and looked out the window to find snow. He hadn't seen snow in ages. Probably a full year. The boy sat up in his bed and just gazed outside for a few minutes. The nice thing about living in camp was that it snowed at all the right times and the snow stuck to the ground at all the right times. Back in New York, the weather would be totally random. It'd snow for a few minutes and then it would rain and then the sun would come out. It was rather irritating and often messed with the boy's allergies. Levi pulled his curtains back, streams of soft, white light land on his face. He squinted slightly. "Levi," a voice said from across the room. "Yo." He replied, placing his hands on the top of his head and stretching like a cat. "Lessons are canceled for the day; you can go back to sleep." His sister was giving him that look again. The look that said, 'Go to sleep or I'll dye your hair in your sleep.' Levi gave his sister a smile and glanced at his phone for the time. It was already eight thirty. They'd be late. Usually, waking up in the Aphrodite cabin was a weird time. The cabin was generally up earlier than the other cabins in order to do hair and to apply makeup and take showers, but today, it seemed that his siblings just wanted to sleep in.

Just as Levi layed back down to close his eyes, the lights were snapped on and the cabin let out a collective groan. Well, it was time to get up regardless of canceled classes or not. Levi rolled out of bed to his feet and picked up his phone again. He scrolled through the names until he found the one he was looking for. Rose. He touched her name and quickly typed in a message that read, 'Movie day at Aphrodite cabin, I called it.' He planned to veg out in front of the television all day anyways, so he might as well have invited Rose to do it with him. See, Rose was his best friend in the entire world, but... Levi was also in love with her. And Rose was in love with her boyfriend... who wasn't Levi. Levi envied that boy with a passion. He didn't want to be mean, but he also didn't like how the guy was a mortal. Rose was always going in and out of camp to see him and honestly, it was a bit dangerous and each time she did it, Levi grew more and more anxious of each time she'd get back. He didn't want her getting hurt just for some lousy little thing like her mortal boyfriend. "That should be me, anyways," Levi muttered grumpily as he sauntered up to his dresser.

The son of Aphrodite chose a simple sweater with a black t-shirt underneath and a pair of dark jeans. He fished around in his drawer for a pair of wool socks and his Vans. Just because he was spending the day inside didn't mean he had to leave for food beforehand. When he found his clothing for his feet, Levi grabbed his jacket and scribbled out a quick note for Rose. He left it on his bed and it read, "Rosie, if I'm not back by the time you get here, just make yourself at home on my bed. If you sit on anyone else's they'll be weird about it."

Last edited by Skye on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

closer than this Empty
PostSubject: Re: closer than this   closer than this I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 5:52 pm

closer than this Tumblr_m1d95m2jQD1r9ap5h

"I'm kinda..uh...I..pass?"

Rose Elora Harkner
Daughter of Hemera
Rose was an early riser. She awoke with the sun every morning. That was the thing about being a daughter of Hermera...you don't get much sleep. The slightest bit of light jolts her awake. If she wants to sleep as long as she likes, a room must be completely and totally dark without even the slightest glimpse of light from anything. Rose doesn't mind, though. Waking in the morning as soon as the sun peaks through her shear curtains gives her time to think. This morning was not any different. She awoke with a start as the first bit of light touched her skin. It radiated through her body, giving her energy and life. The teen threw on some clothes, dressing for the cold weather, and made her way outside. It was dead quite. Not even the birds were awake yet. Rose stepped outside and let the light warm her body. After a moment, she walked over to her favorite tree outside of the Hera cabin and started to climb. When she reached the top of the tree, Rose sat back against the trunk and let out a content sigh. She'd stay like that for hours, watching the sun rise and observing the people as they slowly began to trickle out of their cabins.
Rose was deep in thought now. She was so focused on her own imagination that she'd been daft enough to notice that it had started to snow. The vibrating of her phone snapped her out of her concentration. She smiled at the name. Levi, her best friend in the entire world. Throughout her childhood he was the only person that she felt comfortable enough to confide in. He was always there for her, and she was always there for him.
'If your siblings force me to watch another Nicholas Sparks movie, I'm gonna throw little pieces of popcorn at their hair during the entire movie.' she replied. She was fine with any movie, really. Rose simply enjoyed Levi's company.
It was strange to think that they had been thrown together their entire lives. They were neighbors, both with asshole fathers, they were in almost every class together in grade school, and they were both demigods who arrived at camp at about the same time. Rose shrugged her shoulders, simply believing it to be luck that she'd had a best friend who was with her all these years. Things were starting to go right for Rose Harkner. She was away from her father, she had friends, she got to spend a lot of time with Levi, she got to explore, and she had a boyfriend. Sadly he was a mortal so he was outside of camp. And he didn't know about half of her life... But he was very nice. She loved him, really. Though she'd never say that out lud.
With one last look at the sun, Rose made her way down the tree, landing on the snowy ground with a thud. She trudged over to the Aphrodite cabin. It was not uncommon for her to be here, so no one really questioned her when she entered. Noticing the majority of the cabin was sleeping, Rose tried to be quiet. This, of course, back fired and she tripped over a bedframe and crashed to the ground with a loud thud. Heads shot up and glared at her while others just groaned into their pillows. Rose smiled sheepishly and made her way to Levi's bunk.
She picked up the note in her hand and read its contents. She let out a sign and plopped down, burying her face in his pillow. It was strange to say, but Levi's smell was a comfort to her. She inhaled the scent and smiled, now waiting for her friend's arrival.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

closer than this Empty
PostSubject: Re: closer than this   closer than this I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 12:28 am

Levi Charles Wayland

Levi trekked up the door through the snow, holding his sister's hand and explaining a few things to her. "Denise, I told you it was a bad idea to wear heels to breakfast!" Levi laughed at his sister while she struggled up the stairs, clinging tightly to Levi's arm. Once the pair stumbled in through the doorway, Levi let go of her hand and took an enormous bite out of his sandwich. Funny thing about Levi, he didn't really believe in breakfast foods. All food was food. And if there was one thing that Levi truly loved in the entire world, it was food. The kid could really pack it away. Standing there in the doorway, Levi's jaw stopped working when he saw the girl on his bed. Rose. Levi's heart began to pound and suddenly it was very hard to swallow--and not due to the lack of room in his mouth, either.

Levi tried to grunt out a hey, but it came out sounding more like the word air. 'Snap out of it,' He told himself, shaking his head slightly. It was only Rose. "Hey, Rosie," Levi greeted the girl with a grin. He slipped out of his shoes and jacket and threw them on the bed next to her. "I won't make you watch another Nicholas Sparks movie, I promise." Levi's dark blue eyes sparkled when the boy plopped down next to his friend. He remembered the last time he and Rose had sat down to calmly watch a Nicholas Sparks movie. Levi had needed a shoulder to cry on instead of Rose. It would've been embarrassing if he had cried around anyone but his best friend. He just considered himself lucky that Rose hadn't taken pictures of his blubbering. Levi glanced at Rose, subtly. Part of him just wanted to lean over and hold her hand, but the other part of him--the sensible part--told him that it wasn't a good idea.

"I have a proposistion for you, pertaining to the weather," Levi began, rubbing his chin playfully--yet thoughtfully. "How about we go outside, have a snowball fight, build a snowman, hide in forts and whatnot, and then come back inside for hot chocolate and movies," Levi offered. He leaned against his bedframe and put his hand on Rose's head, who was still laying on his pillow. He moved a few of her hair strands out of her face in a brotherly, borderline boyfriend type of way.

Last edited by Skye on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

closer than this Empty
PostSubject: Re: closer than this   closer than this I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 12:41 am

Rose Elora Harkner
Daughter of Hemera
Rose lifted her head slightly when she heard a familiar voice. She smiled at Levi, but allowed her face to fall back into the pillow. "Hey Levikins," she replied. While Rose allowed Levi to call her "Rosie", she still wasn't too fond of the name. The girl laughed joyously at the memory of the last Nicholas Sparks movie. Rose enjoyed them sometimes, but today was not one of those times. "Thank you," she said, her voice muffled by the pillow. A grin stretched across Rose's face at the memory of seeing Levi sob at the, very predictable, love story. Her phone vibrated a few times in her pocket. She pulled out her phone, seeing she had a text from Michael, her boyfriend. Rose smiled again, typing a reply to him. He wanted to know if she wanted to hang out today. While it was Saturday and she often visited him on the weekends, today she decided against it. Rose glanced up at Levi, watching him as he spoke about their day in the snow, before she sent the reply declining Mike's offer. She'd see him in a few days, she was sure. Rose turned off her phone and put it in her pocket before turning back to Levi.
"Your pillow smells very good," she said suddenly. With a happy grin, Rose jumped up from Levi's bed and skipped to the door. Of course she, once again, tripped on the same bed post, and stumbled forwards. "I'm good, I'm fine." Rose glanced back at Levi with a smile. "Well come on, I certainly can't have a snowball fight by myself!" she exclaimed before bounding out of the cabin and straight into the snow.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

closer than this Empty
PostSubject: Re: closer than this   closer than this I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 1:08 am

Levi Charles Wayland

Pretty much astounded by how quickly she moved from his bed to the door, Levi's mouth opened in a little O formation. "Alright," Levi let out a little laugh and stood up slowly, grabbing his jacket and shoes off the bed. The demigod threw on his jacket and shoes and followed Rose out into the snow. It never ceased to amaze him how she could still have a good time despite her past. Maybe it was just him that had these sad thoughts all the time. Or if she was like him, she was just really good at hiding it. Levi pushed his stupid thoughts away and put a smile on his face for Rose. He jogged across the courtyard and dove behind a bush. Watching Rose's movement, Levi poked his head slowly out from behind his bush. "You're going down, Rose!" Levi shouted, grabbing a fistful of snow and packing it together tightly. Once it was in ball form, Levi sat up and lobbed it over the bush, quickly, aiming at the spot where he figured Rose was.

He slid back down onto his belly's still keeping an eye on the situation. Levi grinned happily as he made a few more snowballs quickly. He thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with Rose and what made it even more nice was that he could forget about everything and just live in the here and now instead of his stupid past. Honestly, he really needed to move on from his past. He was letting it haunt him.

Last edited by Skye on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

closer than this Empty
PostSubject: Re: closer than this   closer than this I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Rose Elora Harkner
Daughter of Hemera
Rose had already started packing snow into balls. It was perfect snowball fight snow. The snow was wet, so it stuck together. When she felt some snow land on her back, she let out a squeal of surprise. "Aah! Levi! Oh you're so gonna pay for that!" she yelled. There were a few annoyed campers that were apparently sleeping still, but Rose couldn't care less. She was here, having fun in the snow with her best friend. And nothing was going to interrupt her.
Rose popped up from behind her bush fortress and launched a snowball in LEvi's direction. Without pausing, she launched a second and third. Realizing she didn't have many snowballs left, Rose paused to make more. "Oh I'm so gonna win this, Levikinz! You don't stand a chance!"
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

closer than this Empty
PostSubject: Re: closer than this   closer than this I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Levi Charles Wayland

Levi opened his mouth to reply to Rosie's declaration of future victory when he was hit with three consecutive snowballs. All in the face. Levi wiped the snow off his face with a cold grin, "Rose, not cool, man, not cool!" He let out a laugh through his chattering teeth and took the moment to fire a few snowballs at her general direction while she was making more. "Take that!" He yelled, ambushing her 'fort'.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

closer than this Empty
PostSubject: Re: closer than this   closer than this I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

closer than this
Page 1 of 1