Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SpySkater

SpySkater

Location : The labyrinth of my imagination... Wanna take a look?

By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage} Empty
PostSubject: By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage}   By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:37 am

As much as she loved Camp Half-Blood, Ariadne occasionally needed time away from it all. It got tiring spending all your time with other kids and teenagers and having no time to yourself. Even her own twin brother became suffocating at times. The beach was the best place to go to be alone. Sure, a lot of other half-bloods liked to visit the beach, but it wasn't very often. And if so, they all separated themselves it seemed. Ariadne loved the beach, because it reminded her of home, of Los Angeles. She had loved the beaches in California and found them to be a great place to think. The same was true here.

Ariadne was sitting a few yards away from the shore. She found no use for a towel or blanket, so she just sat in the sand. She could shower the sand off of her body later. Her long, blonde hair hung over her right shoulder. Her brother had advised she not to wear the shorts she was had on, but, alas, here she was. They weren't too short in her opinion. They obviously weren't underwear, yet they certainly didn't go past her thighs. They were a pair of jeans she'd cut up years ago. Her shirt was also her own creation, cut above the bellybutton. Some might've sworn she was an Aphrodite daughter.

Her hazel eyes were focused on the glimmering ocean in front her, almost as if she saw past it. Her fingers twisted and twirled the eighth note charm that hung from her necklace, a sign of her love of music and a reminder of her father. But at that moment, she wondered how her family was in Los Angeles. Obviously not Lysander. From what she knew, he was at the archery range. But her mom and sister and stepfather. Did they miss the twins at all? Did they want them to come home? Did her stepfather know that she and Lysander were the children of a god?

Last edited by SpySkater on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage}   By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 4:01 am

The beach. Those two simple words ran through Adam Dunlap's head. All he needed was a place to forget the day's worries, to be alone. He just wanted to get away from everyone else. He absolutely loved the shoreline. The sand, the water, the smell of sea-salt that just seemed to float through the air as if it were pollen. It was something that, even after five years, still seemed amazing to him. In Missouri, his past home, it was always dry, it seemed. There was no beach. The closest the boy ever came to one was the edge of a pond that was located at his uncle's house. Despite the fact that he thought it was a bit warmer than usual, and the air seemed a little more humid today, he still desperately clung to the fact that almost no body went there.

The son of Hades nearly grinned as he neared the beach. A gust of sudden wind blew a mass of black hair into his face, and he pushed it away in annoyance. The air grew warm once more, he shifted a bit uncomfortably in his shirt, which was black, and advertised the absent fact that he had gone to some kind of metalcore concert in 2006. He also wore a pair of black jeans that seemed almost like a sin in the weather. He carried nothing with him, and walked in silence, his mind lusting for peace and quiet. Adam wasn't planning on swimming, he just needed to get away.

As he walked, his mind drifted away a bit. Adam began to think about the work he'd have to do later. Being a cabin leader was often a hectic job, and occasionally it became overwhelming. The only problem was that his thoughts now focused around his job, and not his feet. It was only necessary they reminded him he was walking, and get caught up on a rock a few feet into the sand. This resulted in a face covered in sand, and a rather unpleasant landing someone else, a girl, who was on the beach.
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage}   By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 4:13 am

If she hadn't been so caught up in her thoughts and the view of the Long Island Sound, Ariadne might have noticed the shadow that had cast over her before the sudden collision. She groaned as another body met hers. She surrendered to pure impulse, one of the reasons half-bloods were cursed with ADHD, and let her body press down to the warm sand beneath her, feeling it prick her skin, specifically her elbow.

She looked at who had tripped onto her. She only saw a mess of black hair and black clothing with the occasional visage of tan skin. Ariadne lifted her head, running her fingers through her hair. When she finally caught sight of a part of his face, she noticed that she didn't recognize him. He didn't look familiar to her and she'd been here a month or so.

"Uh, hi?" she said, not knowing what else to say in a situation like this. She'd never had this happen to her before. The soft breeze blew her blonde hair in front of her eyes and she gently put her hair back into proper place.

Last edited by SpySkater on Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage}   By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 4:32 am

A few moments passed before the girl, who he had fallen on, addressed him. "Hi..." he started. Laughing nervously, Adam scrambled off of her, his face apologetic. "Sorry about that!" He laughed a bit more, his face plastered with a rather goofy looking grin. "I wasn't um...paying attention." He took the first opportunity of silence to examine the girl, slightly curious as to who exactly he had landed on.

The girl had long, sandy blonde hair that accented her hazel eyes. She had a nice figure, and she was fairly attractive, that much Adam could admit. She wore rather revealing clothes, and a necklace with an eight note on it. He stared at the necklace for a moment, examining it. That was, before he realized just exactly where he was staring. His face turned a light shade of crimson, and he glanced away quickly. "I'm Adam," He said, introducing himself. "Son of Hades."

[ Only two paragraphs. >.< ]
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage}   By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:39 am

"Apparently, but neither was I, so it's okay," she said. "I kind of deserved it." She sat up, beginning to wipe the sand off her arms. For this reason, she didn't notice his observation of her as he tried to figure out who she was. Ariadne flipped her blonde hair behind her so it curtained her back instead of hanging over her shoulder. She ran her fingers through it again, noting the sand close to her scalp. She knew it had been inevitable. She was going to get sand in her hair regardless; she'd wash it out later.

She looked at him again as he studied the eighth note around her neck. She glanced down at it questioningly, not really sure exactly what he was observing, before looking back at him again. She wasn't uncomfortable with the staring. It happened when she went back to Los Angeles. Her brother, Lysander, on the other hand, would've been extremely offended, if that was the proper word for it (protective older brother... what can you do about them?). It was just rare for her and, being a child of Apollo, she took any boost to her ego she could get. This did it for her.

Her own eyes trailed over him, but unlike him, she wasn't ashamed or embarrassed by doing so. In fact, she was quite open about it. He wasn't beach boy cute like her brothers. He wasn't as plain and didn't put off the nerd vibe to her like the Athena kids. Not as "Rebel Without a Cause" as the Ares kids. The list went on. But he was certainly attractive. Her eyes rested on the scar on his cheek for a moment. Well, girls always loved a good battle scar. When he said he was a child of Hades, it all made sense. It wasn't often she met a child of Hades. They all seemed so isolated from the camp, sort of like their father was to Olympus.

"I'm Ariadne, daughter of Apollo," she introduced. She held out her hand to shake, noting the blush on his cheeks. So, had he actually been staring at the charm around her neck? "It's rare that I meet a child of Hades. Much less have one check me out." She chuckled.

OOC: Don't worry. I will probably be down to two soon.
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage}   By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:36 pm

The slight blush remained on his face, and he cursed mentally as it grew darker with each word she spoke. "I wasn't...um...nevermind." Adam was about to say that he had not been checking her out, but simply examining her. In all face though, he had indeed been checking her out. It was hard not to, really. She was attractive, and Adam was a teenage boy. It all worked together. "Sorry," He said once more. "So...Apollo?" He asked, or well, stated. "That's cool, I don't really know too many Apollo kids around here." There was an abundance, he knew, but he had always tried to stick with his own crowd.

He sighed inwardly, his mind now somehow drifting from their conversation to his 'peers'. He was one of them stuck with the group of people others considered 'dark'. The Thanatos kids, the Nyx kids, etc. He was never able to break away and be his own person. This limited those he met, and how many people he met. The of Hades tried to be outgoing, he really did. The only problem was that he was restrained. No one considered him like them. He was either too dark or too 'exclusive'. Being a Big Three child was already a huge step above the rest, it seemed, but being a son of Hades made it even odder for him. He wasn't ever quite sure where exactly he fit in.

Adam nearly shook his head, reality crushing the memories of past years. He was suddenly back on the beach, his hair covered in sand, staring at the girl once more. Shock overtook the boy, and he almost scrambled around. Had she said something while he was daydreaming. He studied her expression, searching for any signs of patience. Was she waiting for an answer? Did I fail to listen. Ugh...
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage}   By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:27 pm

"Well, now you know another," she stated. She noticed the expression on his face, one that she knew well. She wore it constantly as did her brother. It always meant she was in the present. It meant she was in her own mind, usually in her imagination. The same went for her twin, Lysander. They were children of Apollo and therefore very creative. The ADHD only encouraged their wandering minds.

She watched him patiently, lifting her knees again. She crossed her right leg over the left leg. She understood what it was like to be trapped in your own mind. People didn't like being disturbed and felt embarrassed when caught not listening. But while he was in his thoughts, she entered her own shallowly. She hadn't encountered a Hades boy before. She knew Lysander had. Hades was a god of interest to her and the way the god lived his life made her wonder how that affected his children.

When he was finally back to reality, she said, "So, what are you doing on this nice sunny day?" Her eyes adjusted nicely to the bright sun in the sky. She figured it was a benefit of being a daughter of the sun god. That reasoning made sense to her. It never affected her as harshly as it did others.
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage}   By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage} I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:55 pm

He shrugged, regaining his piece if mind. "Just...trying to get away, I guess," He explained, staring at the water. "I figured I might just take some time away from camp." A few moments passed, a slight breeze blowing his hair side once again. Scowling, Adam sighed. "Anyway..." He started, looking back at the girl. "What are you doing on this nice sunny day?" There was a lot of things, the son of Hades realized, that she could be doing. Apollo children, he had learned, loved sunny days. Or so he'd been told. Apparently, the sun affected them none. Adam blinked at the glare, suddenly wishing he had that power.

He waited for her answer, his hands digging through the sand. Holding up his left hand, the boy watched as the small particles slipped through, falling back into the desert of grains. He could fairly keep his ADHD retracted, but occasionally it showed in some of the small things he did. Things such as glancing at something else, changing the subject, and sometimes as drastic as forgetting what he had been doing entirely. It happened rather rarely, but every once in a while it popped out of it's internal prison. He blinked a bit, and returned his attention back to the girl, his cheeks once again shading a bit.

Still waiting, he glanced up at the sky, the bright shine of the sun making his eyes water. He blinked the liquid away, looking back at Ariadne once again. For some reason, and to his despise, he was once again suffering from a sudden outburst of ADHD.
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage}   By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage} I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 1:12 am

"Same as you. Spending all the time with a bunch of other kids and teens can be a bit tiring," she said, looking back the water and the way the sun reflected off of it. She squinted her eyes a bit. Sun reflecting off of water was a bit different than just staring at the sun or the glow it resonated. She leaned further back on her elbows, enjoying the view. It almost made her miss Los Angeles. Actually, it did. She had only spent a day or two there this summer. Her home.

She looked at him, noticing his behavior. She understood that, too. All demigods, did. Being ADHD could be an inconvenience at times. It had been a struggle for her in school. She had to force herself to focus and, even then, she occasionally ended up somewhere in her imagination and didn't realize it until a whole topic had been discussed. Dyslexia had also irritated her in school. She was an amazing writer, but dyslexia made it difficult to revise everything as well as read.

"Does it ever get to you?" she asked, hoping Adam would pick up on her reference to the ADHD. She wondered how the other kids dealt with it.
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage}   By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage} I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:50 pm

A few moments passed before the raven-haired boy answered. "Yeah...sometimes, like just a moment ago. I so hard to hide every once in a while..." He let his sentence drag out, watching her. "I guess you get used to it though. It's hard not to." He thought about what he had said, sighing a bit as a slight breeze began, keeping at a rather steady gust. His hair once more began blowing around profusely, and he gave up trying to tame it, letting it blow around as it pleased.

Staring past her and into the waters, he thought about when he had first gotten here as the conversation grew silence. It was great, yes, but it all seemed so...boring now. Things rarely happened lately. Back at his arrival, it felt so exhilarating. He was something special. He was half-god. Nowadays though, the only thing that happened was battles. People died, but no matter what, Adam's help was never needed. He was left alone, and he was stuck doing normal demigod things. Maybe he was just odd, but he did crave something in his life. He wanted something that would differ from the average schedule.
Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage}   By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage} I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 3:17 pm

"I guess. I haven't tried to ignore it," Ariadne said. It was true. She had never tried to ignore it. Well, she had, but she'd been very young and her attention hadn't focused on the task long enough for her to succeed. She hadn't tried to ignore her demigod traits since she was in the fourth grade. Now that she knew their purposes, she was more accepting of her ADHD and dyslexia. They still irritated her, though. She was tempted to buy her books in the ancient Greek language from now on to make her life easier.

Ariadne had noticed the tension that had come over camp grounds. Some kids left and never returned. Burials were had. She was still not sure what was going on. The news of war hadn't reached her, seeing as she was relatively new. But these signals worried her and she was smart enough to pick up on them. They were all starting to piece together.

"Have you noticed the tension around the camp?" she asked. He seemed to be a more experienced camper. He would be informed, whether he was the child of Hades or not. He was still a part of the camp and therefore had to be included.
Back to top Go down
Remplissage
Golden Oldie
Remplissage

PostSubject: Re: By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage}   By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage} I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:32 pm

A few moments passed before the boy responded. "You don't know...?" His face grew serious and he continued. "There's a war going on right now." The words were simple, but he believed that they were hard to comprehend. War. It was common in the world, yes, but it was so...gruesome. Death, fighting, bloodshed, anger, wrath, and the like. These were the symptoms of the disease called War. "People are fighting day and night against enemy forces...but there's only been three major battles here." Silence overcame the two and Adam scratched the back of his head, unsure of what to say.

"So..." The situation grew awkward. He wasn't sure how the girl was taking it, but he didn't say anything. He just simple waited for her to say something, and instead just pulled at the sand, scooping up handfuls and then just letting it slide back down onto the ground. What to do now? He sat in silence, waiting still.

Back to top Go down
SpySkater

SpySkater

PostSubject: Re: By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage}   By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage} I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:25 pm

The word war struck Ariadne like a cold shower. It was a shocking awakening, but it made sense. What else would they be training for? All of the swordplay, archery, rock climbing, classes on fighting, etc. It all made sense now. Their whole life was basically a battle, a war. They spent most of their preteen and teenage lives fighting monsters to get here, fighting monsters to live. It only made sense that, as the children of gods, they fought on their behaves as well. How had she not seen it? Did Lysander know?

"Who are we fighting against?" she asked in a soft voice. She turned her head to him, resting it on her knees. She wrapped her arms around her legs to give them more support. She wasn't sure how she felt about being a soldier. At least, that's how she saw it. Ariadne had never been much of a fighter, though, if her temper was pushed far enough, she could easily do some damage especially with a baseball bat in her hands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage}   By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

By the Ocean Shore {Private with Remplissage}
Page 1 of 1