Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)

Go down 
+8
jessica
#Megz
Dan
Zan
Katie Firebird
Baby Lex
tethys
Prince Hawk
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) Empty
PostSubject: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:41 am

So anyways I was thinking that there are so many people who would love to give something more to this site that just being members. So what do ya'll think about creating another special group, maybe called staff. These people can help make decisions about site events, and can help moderate threads and the chatbox. Im saying this because I really want to be something other than just a member of this site. I would really like to contribute serious ideas in the big decisions of this site. It has become pretty much my life, and Im no longer happy with just being a member, I want to help.
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:29 pm

I say no. We have the admins and mods to control everything around the site. Plenty of members would want to contribute more, but this group would just get too big and it'd get pretty pointless. It would have to get too big, since we have dozens of members who help the forum and would be willing to contribute more. Interesting idea, though. :]
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:36 pm

I don't agree because of the same ideas as Tethys.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:40 pm

well how about creating specialized groups that just do certain things, like chatbox mods, or that are related to camp groups?
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:42 pm

I like that idea! Like specific people may lead, like, archery practice, or canoe lessons, etc.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 6:10 pm

I'd say yes for lessons,

maybe list the groups as teachers though

No for chatbox mods.

Moderators ourselves don't do much on the forum. Yeah we do pick up on stuff over the board but our primary job is to watch the Chat box and whatnot. Creating that group eliminates our purpose so I'll say no.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 6:41 pm

I say no on the whole thing. We already have enough people who contribute daily.
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 6:51 pm

I agree with Zan. And Sky, I think this isn't to help the forum. I think it's to help YOU become more than a member.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Here are some groups I think could be added

Cloven Counsil
Class Leaders

does anyone have any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 6:58 pm

Sky Warrior Prince wrote:
Im saying this because I really want to be something other than just a member of this site. I would really like to contribute serious ideas in the big decisions of this site. It has become pretty much my life, and Im no longer happy with just being a member, I want to help.

Yeah, I did alrady say that Alex. But I think this could help the site too
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:00 pm

It's got enough help. Besides if we install more staff, then most people would feel that we, the admins and mods, are becoming too powerful and they would'nt like that.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:05 pm

I think that the classes would be a good idea, and we would need people to teach them
Back to top Go down
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:43 pm

No for the Staff for reasons stated above. And in addition to those reasons, we already have sections like these (the Suggestions section) where anyone, be it a member, Cabin Leader, moderator, or admin can post suggestions - we would rather have things be more closely intertwined with something like a republic rather than have more groups that have power. Besides, we have many users on board already, with four administrators, five moderators, eight cabin leaders, and countless members who enforce the Rules regardless.

As for the class teachers - all I can say is that we'll think about it. We have to discuss through what classes should we include, and things related as such, which could take a bit of time. Of course we'll take that more into consideration, but I wouldn't count on it coming up too soon in the events that we've already planned. The teachers could very well be the Cabin Leaders, if we decide so. I don't think it's necessary to come up with an entire other group of users to teach the classes - we'll think of something, however.

For the Cloven Council, we'll deliberate on that. I don't think it's going to be implemented any time soon as A) We don't have any Canon applications for the satyrs of the Council, B) We only have about one satyr running around CHB, and C) Considering all I said previously, there should be no reason for the Council of Cloven Elders to come into play at CHB just yet.

Thanks for all these suggestions, though. We appreciate you trying to help out.

And Sky, you don't have to be a rank higher than a member to help out! Knowing that is another thing we look for when making decisions like these. Enforcing the Rules and contributing thoughtful ideas to the site is still helping even if you're a member. Please remember that.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Agreed. Maybe, like, the Apollo cabin leader can lead archery practice, Poseidon for canoeing, Ares for swordfighting, etc.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:04 pm

that would defeat my whole purpose, but I would be willing to teach one of the things.
Back to top Go down
#Megz
Experienced Poster
#Megz

Location : None of yo damn buisness....probably at a party though...

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:36 pm

what about in the hera cabin and basement with the big group of minor and hades kids? They are mostly from different parents so what kind of class would you have for them/
Some ideas:
Shadow class for hades, Nyx,ect..
Magic class for hecate kids.
Just in general stuff to help control our powers.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:28 am

I say no. Why you ask? Well, just being an active member is helping the forum. If you want to help even more, help new members. Be kind. Stuff like that! 8)
Back to top Go down
#Megz
Experienced Poster
#Megz

Location : None of yo damn buisness....probably at a party though...

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:31 am

true. I usually post in open topics whenever I can.
Back to top Go down
selene
Honorary Staff Member
selene

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:32 am

I also say no. This makes everything more complicated. The members that aren't in any special group would be nagging to be in one. Also, it's way too complicated.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:02 am

Agreed with Selene and Jess. One way to help around the forum is to look at new member's characters, and see if they did anything wrong, to help the admins and point out mistakes. There are a lot of things you could do to help; you don't need power to contribute to the forum :]
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 5:48 pm

I say no. Why, you may ask. It would make the site messy and unorderly. Too many categorizes for power would be too much. Honestly, the yellow members have a very big impact on descisions here, much more than on most sites.

Sky, you guys get to PICK your Admin, Mods, and Cabin Leaders. Thy is huge, especially compared to most other sites. Cabin Leaders don't have to teach the class, like Hale might teach archery but might not, but the teachers don't need theirown group.

Sorry, but if we add ANY group, I would say Canon Roleplayers, but that would be a pretty big group, and I don't think it should be one.
Back to top Go down
tethys
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:06 pm

Agreed; a canon group would be too big. This reminds me, what happened to this idea? https://camphalfblood.forummotion.com/t3597-personal-mentors
It's helpful to new members, and we can apply the new group idea to it.
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 9:43 pm

I have to agree with someone who posted somefin I liked. Some of the ideas are kind of good, but it seems like you only suggested this idea so you'd have more power over the forum, Sky.
Back to top Go down
Baby Lex
Experienced Poster
Baby Lex

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:53 am

RIGHT. That's what I said.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:37 pm

--And I was going to say that, but Alex already had. This isn't about the forum, it's about what you want. You don't care what it does for CHB, you just want to have some power. Selfish. If you want power, work for it. Help out. Earn others' respect. Right now, this has lost a lot of my respect for you, but I don't know about you guys.--
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)   Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Creative Awesome Idea (Thanks to Raven for the title)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next