Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
. Ʀ . ι . P .

. Ʀ . ι . P .

Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] Empty
PostSubject: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:11 pm

Well there ya have it, folks! I have successfully managed to destroy the only dagger I have. How? Let's not to there. All you need to know is it's bent all the way over and as dull as a lovesick Aphrodite kid.
(don't tell them I said that)
I walked into the Armory carefully, easily picking up noises and movement and making my way around them. I just needed a Hephestus kid to help me fix my dagger and I'd be good.
Back to top Go down
http://chemicalcolors.deviantart.com/
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:36 pm

Aaren was dirtier than he had ever been. His face, arms, and clothes were covered in grease and soot. And after hours of hard, tiring work, he had nothing to show for it. Really though, he didn't. Getting to work with metal in an excellent furnace was reward enough.

The teenager set down the tongs he was using and wiped his forehead. As he did so, he caught sight of someone walking into the Armory. Since the guy weren't also covered in grime, Aaren figured that he wasn't a child of Hephaestus. That must mean that the guy was here to get something made. Aaren was definitely up for that.

Smiling, Aaren walked up to the stranger. "Hi," he said when he was a few feet away. "Do you need something made?"
Back to top Go down
. Ʀ . ι . P .

. Ʀ . ι . P .

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 pm

I turned my face to the guy. I figured he was a Hephestus kid, judging by his voice. "Yo. Yeah. Well er, more like fixed, if possible." I held out the dagger. My cloudy sightless eyes blinked like a real person. I scratched the back of my neck.
"I kinda busted it." As I was sure he could, you know, see
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:59 pm

The guy turned toward Aaren, and the boy noticed the other's eyes were cloudy. He was blind. That was interesting. Aaren had never met a blind person. He was tempted to ask what being blind was like, but stopped himself. He didn't want to annoy the guy or make him uncomfortable.

When the guy brought out his dagger, Aaren winced. The weapon was bent almost in two. It was amazing that it hadn't snapped in half. Gingerly he took the blade from the older teenager, holding it as if it were about to explode (which, if he worked on it, it probably would. Not that this guy needed to know that).

"I think I can fix it," he said. "It just needs to be bent back into shape. What'd you do to it?" His tone was just a little accusatory. He felt bad for the poor weapon.
Back to top Go down
. Ʀ . ι . P .

. Ʀ . ι . P .

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:07 pm

I felt the guy tence when I held out the dagger. I guess it was worse then i thought.
"Uh I..." I shrugged, not really knowing exactly what I did to it. I hit it against something hard. It bent." I said simply.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:22 pm

Aaren couldn't help frowning at the guy's answer. It wasn't very helpful. Oh well, he had said he could fix it, and fix it he would. "Well, try not to do that after I fix it," he said. "Follow me."

Assuming that the guy didn't need help moving through the building, Aaren led the way over to the various machinery that made up the armory. Looking at the dagger again, he sighed, then set it down on a table. Picking up a bellows, he lit a fire in the nearest furnace and began to pump them, increasing the fire's heat. While he was doing that, he decided to attempt to make conversation to pass the time.

"So, which god is your parent?"
Back to top Go down
. Ʀ . ι . P .

. Ʀ . ι . P .

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:32 pm

I followed the guy by listening to his footsteps. I carefully picked my way through the Armory and hoped I wouldn't bump into anything that'd kill me.
I shoved my hands in my pockets and scooted backwards when I felt the heat of the oven thing blast out.
"Athena." I replied with a shrug. "And, lemme guess, yours is...Hephestus?"
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Aaren was focused on the fire, but still managed to hear the older boy's answer. He chuckled at the accurate guess made at his parentage. "Yup, he's my dad," he said. "How'd you guess?"

After a few minutes the fire was hot enough. Trading the bellows for some tongs, Aaren picked up the dagger and thrust it into the flames, letting it rest on a ledge inside the furnace. He turned back to the dagger's owner while he waited for the blade to become hot enough to work with, keeping one eye on the fire. "So, how long have you been at the camp?"
Back to top Go down
. Ʀ . ι . P .

. Ʀ . ι . P .

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

I pointed my face to the flames, as if by some miracle I'd somehow be able to see them. Yeah, I know-Gods, Jayjay, you're blind and ya always will be. I guess I kinda missed out on the whole 'smarts and reality' gene from Athena.
I thought about that when he asked me. I never really payed much attention to that kinda stuff. You don't really have a way to anyway when you can't see calanders or newspapers with dates. And it's not like I'm as desperate as to walk up to someone and ask them.
"I don't know. 2 years? Maybe 3? I don't really keep track."
Oh wait. Dur.
I reached up to my neck and felt how many beads there were on my camp necklace. "3 years. I've been here 3 years. What about you?
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Aaren didn't really understand how anyone could live at the camp and not know how long they'd been there. But obviously it was possible. When the other guy turned the question back on him, he had to stop and count in his head. "Um...two-three weeks now, I think."

Turning back to the fire, Aaren checked to see if the dagger was hot enough to work with. Luckily, it was. Using the tongs, he pulled it out and placed it on an anvil. Then, he attempted, with more success than he had expected. Smiling, he switched out the tongs for a hammer and began to pound the dagger back into what he thought was it's original shape. In between poundings, he asked another question. "If you don't mind my asking, have you always been blind?"
Back to top Go down
. Ʀ . ι . P .

. Ʀ . ι . P .

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:50 pm

"So you haven't been here that long at all, eh?" I fingered my necklace a bit more.
I guess I should be used to people asking me the blind questions, but for some reason this time I was taken a bit by surprise. I thought I'd done a pretty good job of hiding it this time, what with all the walking around the Armory without running into anything.
"Uh no. I used to be able to, you know, see." I replied simply.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:10 pm

Aaren guessed by the slight hesitation when the guy answered that he wasn't used to being asked that question. Still, he had answered it, so maybe Aaren hadn't offended him that much. "What happened?" he asked, hoping that wasn't overstepping his boundaries.

While he waited for an answer he continued to hammer the dagger, occasionally thrusting it into a barrel of cold water. It was almost back to normal.
Back to top Go down
. Ʀ . ι . P .

. Ʀ . ι . P .

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 1:00 am

This question always came next after the first 'are you blind?' question. And sadly, as much as I'd loved to have a really epic, heroic scene of how I'd gotten blinded, I really had not the slightest idea. It had happened when the hellhounds attacked and killed my dad. The end.
"I don't really know. I was uncontionus and then boom--I never woke up to see anything again." I said.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 1:44 am

Aaren didn't know how to respond to the short, unimpressive answer he was given. If he had been told some heroic tale maybe he could have responded with some sort of congratulations, but the guy really hadn't said anything all that interesting. So all Aaren could think to say was "That sucks." He sounded incredibly stupid.

Trying to cover up the awkwardness that had crept into the conversation, he returned his focus to the dagger. After a little more hammering, he plunged it into the water until it was cool. Then, he pulled it out and looked at it. He smiled. The boy had successfully fixed something for the first time. And this wouldn't explode for once. He turned to the older boy and held the dagger out hilt first. "Here you go," he said. "Try not to bend it that badly again."
Back to top Go down
. Ʀ . ι . P .

. Ʀ . ι . P .

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 8:08 pm

I was relieved when it was done. I wasn't so good with the talking to people and making them think I'm still sane or not, like, creepy.
"Ah. Thanks." I took it by the hilt and carefully felt the flat of the dagger. "Much better. And I'll try." I gave him a grin.
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 8:31 pm

"You're welcome," Aaren replied, smiling even if the other guy couldn't see his face. "You better try hard. Next time I might have to charge you to fix it." While he wasn't serious about demanding money from the older teenager, he did hope that the guy took good care of the dagger. Weapons were important, and didn't deserve to be treated so harshly. "You need anything else done?" he asked, his tone hopeful. Aaren liked helping people.
Back to top Go down
. Ʀ . ι . P .

. Ʀ . ι . P .

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:42 pm

I grinned. Then shrugged. "Not that I know of." I blew the hair out of my face and sheithed my dagger. "But thanks." I added.

OOC: ack. Sorry for super short posts...
Back to top Go down
Alec

Alec

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:46 pm

OOC: It's fine.

Aaren was disappointed. Oh well. Even if this guy didn't need anything else done, it would be easy enough to find something else to do. "You're welcome," he said. "If you ever need anything else fixed or made, I'll be happy to help you."
Back to top Go down
. Ʀ . ι . P .

. Ʀ . ι . P .

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:10 pm

I nodded, sheithinf my knife. "Thanks. And will do."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]   Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Never trust a blind 15 year old with a knife. [private to Alec]
Page 1 of 1