Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

behind our dark eyes [private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

behind our dark eyes [private] Empty
PostSubject: behind our dark eyes [private]   behind our dark eyes [private] I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 1:47 am

Camp was buzzing today. Rielle didn't have to talk to anyone to know about the incident at Half Blood Hill. It was in almost every conversation and she didn't even have to strain hard to hear - campers were bursting to share facts and rumors, and she didn't know which was which. She got the gist though. Seven injured teenagers semi-conscious on top of the hill, and conspiracy theories were abound. Even tonight, it was still a hot topic.

Rielle perked up when someone entered the cabin. She sat up a little straighter on the couch. She had an early dinner, so everyone else should be arriving about this moment. Everyone else being Ashton plus others she could count in one hand, because being a Big Three meant that you had fewer siblings and a kind of emptier cabin. This time, it was just Ashton who came.

To be honest, they weren't that close. Besides the short hi's and hello's, Rielle hardly talked to anyone, not even her own half-siblings. Half the time she made excuses to avoid them because frankly, the only thing she thought they had in common was an absentee father who, by the way, Rielle hated with a passion, so what else could they talk about? And with Ashton, who seemed as fiery as Rielle was cold, Rielle just didn't know where to start.

Now though, there was something.

"Hey," Rielle greeted, pressing her lips together in a small smile she hoped didn't look forced. "Have you heard the rumors? About the kids on Half Blood Hill?" she asked, practically on the edge of her seat but doing her best to maintain a straight and uninterested face. She didn't want to appear too excited.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: behind our dark eyes [private]   behind our dark eyes [private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 12:30 am

my eyes are black and red

IM CRAWLING BACK TO YOU BABE
Ashton was coming home from the infirmary. She'd been spending most of her free time there, visiting with the few campers she felt well acquainted with by now. Her constant visits kept her occupied, and she was exhausted. Life seemed to be on a continuous loop of caregiving for Ashton, something she was unaccustomed with but not opposed to. She was rather enjoying her role in the event, although it came with undesired attention, especially in the courtyard whenever she exited the infirmary. Ashton was not opposed to gossip, but the way the camp was absorbed with the campers frightened her. Was there something she wasn't getting?
Ashton considered her cabin home. It wasn't the prettiest cabin, they were children of Hades after all, but she had grown accustomed to the dark atmosphere, and as she entered, she instantly felt herself relax. Tension literally drained out of her, and she had been so caught up in the soothing vibe of her home that she didn't notice her half-sister, Rielle, sitting on the couch until she spoke up. Ashton knew Rielle, but she didn't know Rielle. Ashton's soothed face broke into a grin at the mention of the incident. The pale brunette found her way to the couch and sat next to Rielle, relieved to be off her feet. "Have I? I'm living it."
Ashton put her feet up on the coffee table and leaned her head back so she was staring at the ceiling. "So many rumors, though, I can't even keep track. Alien abduction theories are never good theories!" Ashton groaned and lolled her head to the side to gage Rielle's reaction. She wandered if her sister had any theories of her own. Ashton certainly didn't. Unimaginative, that's how she considered herself to be handling the situation. Taking care of business and denying herself the reward of juicy gossip. Now was her chance. "Honestly, I think there's a lot more to this than any of us realize." Ashton narrowed her eyes and leaned closer to Rielle, despite the fact that anyone in the cabin was one of her siblings, and that wasn't even relevant because the cabin was obviously empty. "I get this feeling.. this intuition with death, thanks to dad, and maybe I'm imagining this.." Ashton faded off, afraid of judgement before deciding she didn't sense any negativity coming from Rielle, "It won't go away. Been with me since this all started."
Ashton bit her lip nervously and ran the pad of her thumb along her chin as she waited for her half-sister to make a comment. She hoped she hadn't gotten into more of a conversation than Rielle had been looking for. Ashton just wanted to unload to someone who may understand the outsider's perspective. She was around far too many injured, that was for sure.
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: behind our dark eyes [private]   behind our dark eyes [private] I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 8:40 am

Living it? Rielle regarded her half-sister in a thoughtful gaze. It sounded like Ashton was involved in the whole case, though Rielle had little idea as to how. Maybe she hadn't been paying enough attention to the rumors to know.

At the mention of alien abductions, Rielle let slip a soft chuckle. "Anything's possible. If there's an Olympus above the Empire State then maybe aliens aren't out of the question."

Her smile soon faded as Ashton continued, sensing the serious edge to her tone. She leaned closer as well, listening closely. Her forehead creased. "You can sense death too?" A surprise for Rielle, but she continued. "That's strange. I don't sense anything..." she trailed off, ashamed that maybe her own power didn't work as well as it should. No tug in her gut tonight - not that she was disappointed. "I don't know, maybe the feeling just spikes up whenever death is close, like if it's physically close or... or if someone close to me is dying." Suddenly, she found it harder to look Ashton in the eye and slowly leaned back, focusing on the dark floor. "Maybe... maybe it works that way for you too."

Great. Now she probably made Ashton worry. Rielle pulled away, eyes darting around as if the obsidian walls could give her the way out of the hole she dug herself in.

"But maybe it doesn't! We're all different people with different powers so, don't take me seriously."
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: behind our dark eyes [private]   behind our dark eyes [private] I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 5:46 pm

my eyes are black and red

IM CRAWLING BACK TO YOU BABE
Ashton's eyes light up at the mention of Rielle's powers. She was deeply disturbed by her own abilities, and the thought that she wasn't alone in her intuition made her feel slight relief. She didn't talk to her siblings much, the Hades bunch was rather recluse, but she realized for the first time that she should definitely make more of an effort. Who better to understand the gravity of being the children of the death lord than her own sibs? But as she continued, Ashton grew hesitant. The description Rielle was giving.. it made her afraid. "I know a lot of the injured," she confessed, her mind instantly wandering to Jasper, still sick in bed. She hoped he wasn't still in danger of an unsuccessful recovery. The feeling in her gut turned to knots in her stomach and she chose to stare at her hands instead of her halfsister.
"I've heard a lot of people are afraid of them," Ashton mentioned, trying to draw her thoughts away from what could possibly be the unwelcome answer to all her dread. "I found them on the top of the hill." Ashton hoped this would shock Rielle, impress her. She wanted Rielle to think she was a normal demigod, not some freak attracting random death signals. "You should have seen it, Rielle. Have you heard what it was like?" Ashton shivered and looked up. "I may be a daughter of Hades, but I hate death so much. I'm so scared of it. I was sure they had all been dead."
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: behind our dark eyes [private]   behind our dark eyes [private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

behind our dark eyes [private]
Page 1 of 1