Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

There is no such thing as to many books.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
∆Blue

∆Blue

There is no such thing as to many books.  Empty
PostSubject: There is no such thing as to many books.    There is no such thing as to many books.  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 2:01 pm

Aria Herondale

There is no such thing as to many books.  Tumblr_inline_mmiuzlqjSY1qz4rgp

For most half-bloods, all activities would be done for today. However, in Aria's case, not at all. The daughter of Athena currently sat cross-legged on one of the various bottom bunks, her laptop open with multiple books surrounding her. One of the most treasured things about the girl was her mind, something that she had always cherished since she was a small child. With almost a answer for anything, it's a wonder that she still sat and read all the time. Her topic for today was biology. Specifically, she was reading up on the Human Genome project. No matter how much studying that she did on the topic, she continued to learn more and more.

Flipping from page to page while her pale gray eyes scanned for information, she would turn to the side in order to type down yet another thing on the glowing screen. Unfortunately, she hit a wrong button or two. The whole document was now gone. "Oh my gods," she said. "You have got to be freaking kidding me!"
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as to many books.    There is no such thing as to many books.  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 5:05 pm

Quell was not in the mood for games, or for his siblings. Or pretty much anyone. Too pissed off at his sister to talk to her, too lost to find Faye, Quell pretty much had no one. And he liked it that way. Curled up with a book on a couch, he tried to drown out the sorrows of the world with the headphones that Liv had bought him for Christmas.

He didn't really notice the comings and goings of his cabin for the majority of the day. He hadn't moved much, and besides for Liv coming over and poking him, asking if he was still alive, he hadn't been interrupted. Quell had shrugged her off. Then he heard something- a gasp from a nearby camper. Jumping up, Quell felt his hand on the knife he always kept on his belt. "What happened?" He asked, looking around for a reason for the upset. If there really was a predator or some kind of threat, Quell doubted he'd be useful; really, he looked a little pathetic- scrawny seventeen year old, limping heavily, with thin wrists and dark circles under his eyes and blonde hair that seemed to be greying more and more with every passing season.
Back to top Go down
∆Blue

∆Blue

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as to many books.    There is no such thing as to many books.  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 8:44 am

Quickly typing on the keyboard, the Pages document would stay blank. All of the work that had been perfectly placed and laid out for further study: gone. I knew I should have used google docs, she thought. It was then she heard a voice. Looking up, she would see one of her siblings, a hand on his knife. The kid looked warn out, but seemed to be quick on his feet.

"Nothing," she sighed. "At least not too major. I just... month's of work on genomes and chromosomes and practically everything to do with a cell just decided to up and delete it's self."

Still looking at the screen, she opened up another document and did her best to type up what she could remember.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as to many books.    There is no such thing as to many books.  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 11:10 pm

As soon as he realized there wasn’t much of a threat, Quell hastily placed his knife back into his belt, looking around once more for danger before letting down his guard. Then, turning his attention to the girl who had forced him to jump up at such an inconvenience to himself, he walked slowly towards her and leaned over her chair, looking at her computer screen. Quell almost felt pity for the girl, as she looked so heartbroken. It had almost happened to him so many times, and he had wanted to shoot something (actually, he had just gone to the arena and smashed up some dummies, but same concept). ”Well that sucks.” Quell announced knowingly. ”What were you working on, exactly?” He asked, despite the fact that the girl’s attention was turned towards the laptop. Quell knew he was no genius, but he knew quite a bit about high school biology, and felt compelled to stick around to see if he could help. Plus, genomes interested Quell, and the girl looked interesting, and he was bored.
Back to top Go down
∆Blue

∆Blue

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as to many books.    There is no such thing as to many books.  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 8:56 am

Still typing, Aria would realize that there was an actual conversation that was about to form here, and in the process of realizing this, also realized that it was rude for her to still be typing. "Tell me about it," she said, closing the laptop and looking at the boy. "Well, it's a lot of things really. I went so far into depth with it and I did so much research... I watched so many of Bruce Conklin's videos and made different thing myself. Like I said, it was just research and meiosis, mitosis. We're talking like.. everything to do with a cell here."
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as to many books.    There is no such thing as to many books.  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2016 1:05 am

Quell watched blankly as the girl slowly closed her laptop, signaling that she was not ready to dismiss him quite yet. It wasn't like he was exactly in the mood for some deep conversation, as the only thing that had kept him there was his inability to walk away. But he was always a sucker for some science talk - even though Quell lived in a small cabin of nerds, he found himself deprived of intelligent conversation, in a way that he had never felt at home (at school was a different story entirely). "It's happened to the best of us. That's why I use online servers and hard-drives." Quell said sympathetically. "Why?" Quell asked, a common question from his mouth. He knew the how, but the why had always eluded him. He knew how the universe was created, but why it was created was anyone's guess. "Couldn't you just read a science textbook, or something?" Even though he periodically read textbooks, his own attempt to keep up with high school work before he left for college in the fall, Quell also was not a diligent note-taker, and preferred to just remember stuff instead of taking notes, a strategy that only worked half the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There is no such thing as to many books.    There is no such thing as to many books.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

There is no such thing as to many books.
Page 1 of 1