Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

all we need is someone to lean on [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

all we need is someone to lean on [open] Empty
PostSubject: all we need is someone to lean on [open]   all we need is someone to lean on [open] I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 6:32 pm

The piano. It was something Adaline had leaned to love over the years. She couldn't remember who had taught it to her or made her learn it, but she knew that person was still out there. The piano was like an old memory that she would simply never forget how to play no matter how long she had stopped playing. The sound from the polished keys resonated throughout the amphitheater. No one was there currently so it made it easier for her to practice without having to worry about an Apollo child critiquing her. She was playing the Für Elise by Beethoven. It was the first song that had popped into her head as soon as she sat down on the piano bench. She had been playing it all morning, possibly even all afternoon. She didn't know what time it was, and she didn't seem to care. As soon as she started playing, nothing seemed to matter other than the music she was playing. It seemed to help sometimes when she had to clear her mind or had to calm herself down.

Halfway through the song, Adaline pressed the wrong key. She sighed before starting again. And again and again. Just like that, she wouldn't get up from the piano all afternoon until she got it right. She had played it about fifty times already and while she was frustrated she threw something across the amphitheater. It was a flute that she had thrown across the room. It hit the wall and left a dent in it along with breaking the musical instrument. It's not like anyone plays that stupid instrument anyway, She thought to herself. Adaline ran a hand through her long hair, frustrated. She glanced up to see someone there. "Oh um sorry about that." She said with a nervous laugh.

Back to top Go down
http://btvsrole-play.forumshome.com/
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: all we need is someone to lean on [open]   all we need is someone to lean on [open] I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 11:18 pm

all we need is someone to lean on [open] Tumblr_lxnglvOjAq1qjoexdo1_250
Tiberius was a lover of all art. He loved going to museums and staring at the oil paintings of old greek myths and roman history. He loved going to opera and hearing the mighty soprano sing about her lover’s plight to an old greedy king, breaking glass bottles with her voice. He loved going to the ballet studio and watching girls swiftly glide across the floor like graceful swans. He loved to watch his siblings try their hand at all the mediums of art. To a boy like Tiberius Winters, there was no such finer things in this world than that of art. But he loved piano most of all. From a young age Ty had learned how to tickle the ivory keys so that they told him the secrets of melody and harmony. Every note he played made him feel at home. Even now, when the demigod was so lost and confused and alone, piano brought him to a state of peace of mind. Piano made him totally and completely relaxed. Incidentally, it was the beautiful playing of piano that brought Tibs out of his room. 

Ever since his lost memories and the blonde girl whom he loathed with a burning passion, Ty had mostly stayed in his room, only going out when one of his siblings was hurt. He barely ate, barely slept. He practically looked like a zombie, with his inky hair unruly sticking out, his eyes, now green with desperation, held bags of purple, black, and grey under them. Skin stretched over his pale, waxy skin as if he were a living skeleton. Never had Ty cared less about his appearance. Still, the piano brought him to life once again, and he dressed in a white button up shirt, black pants, and a dark purple vest. He slipped on his black dress shoes before heading out to the amphitheater. The song - Fur Elise - was wonderfully played, floating through the air like birds taking flight, leading Tibs towards the wonderful, euphoric sound. 

It had been so long since he’d played. What with all the quarreling and the fighting and the almost-but-not-quite-remembering he had been dealing with, Tiberius had barely found the time to properly bathe, so playing the piano was out of the question. But this was just as equally good, and he stood straight backed against the wall, watching the girl bring the long since dead composers piece to life. Every time she hit an errant note, she’d start over, but Ty honestly didn’t mind, though, it seemed that the girl did, for at one point she threw a note. Tibs just narrowly missed it by ducking. 

“No, no, it’s quite alright.” Tiberius said, waving a ghostly hand which was riddled with white feather-like scars. “There’s no harm done, I assure you. May I say that that rendition of Fur Elise was magnificent? Truly magnificent.” 
AVE ATQUE VALE
Back to top Go down
pinkgirl
Experienced Poster
pinkgirl

PostSubject: Re: all we need is someone to lean on [open]   all we need is someone to lean on [open] I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 6:14 pm

Adaline smiled brightly at the boy. It was rare that she ever saw anyone in the amphitheater, but she didn't care. She could always use an audience. "Thank you. I appreciate that. It's rare that I find anyone who knows anything about the piano." She said with a small laugh. She paused before quickly adding on, "Do you play any instruments?" Adaline knew how to play the piano and was beginning to learn how to play the violin from an Apollo child. The violin was much different from the piano, but she still loved the sound it made. That's what drew her towards it. She still loved the piano, probably loved it more than the violin. It somehow connected her with her past even if she couldn't remember it. It was almost a bridge leading her to somewhere new. Sometimes when she was playing the piano and really getting into it, she would see little flashes of memories. But it'd be gone in an instant.

Adaline put out her before introducing herself. "Oh I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Adaline, daughter of Hecate." She smiled at him before sitting back down on the piano bench. "You can stay and watch if you'd like. Or listen I guess. I'll probably just be doing the Fur Elise until I get it right." With that being said, she started playing again from the beginning. It felt different that someone was watching her. Sure she had performed in front of audiences and groups of people before. But it was different when one person was watching you. It made it a bit more nerve racking for her, but she kept playing anyway. When she got up to the part where she always stopped, she messed up again. Adaline let out a small huff before starting from the beginning once again.

Back to top Go down
http://btvsrole-play.forumshome.com/
a. hams
King of Hell
a. hams

PostSubject: Re: all we need is someone to lean on [open]   all we need is someone to lean on [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 10:36 am

all we need is someone to lean on [open] Tumblr_lxnglvOjAq1qjoexdo1_250
americans, with all their talents and graces, were not known for being a patient people. they liked to have things right then and there, doing fruitless things to attain their goals and wishes, and tibs found that it almost never worked. the man who found gold in the early days of the california gold rush was just a lucky man. and what followed was sheer dumb luck and disappointment. those men just wanted a way to get rich fast without working as hard as the business men up in new york. that part of history was just a scam, and it should ty just how inpatient americans were. but not him. although he was a born and bred yank, he was not like fire as most were. no, he was built of water, flowing and willing to change his course if needed. willing to take his time and be calm and patient. that was why tiberius did not mind sitting with the girl, and had planned to do so from the very beginning. with a warm smile, ty took the girl’s hand and shook it firmly as possible. his father had taught him that the first step to a good relationship is a firm handshake, and while tibs didn’t really like a lot of people, he did need them to back him up and be on his side in battles. plus, this girl was a really good piano player, so ty didn’t mind conversing with her. 

“yes, i do, actually. i’ve been musically trained on the piano. i also would like to learn the harp, but as of late have not found a worthy teacher.” music was the gateway to ones soul, and ty wished to pour out all of his feelings into musical instruments, screaming his fury at not remembering, howling his grief at not seeing his sister, whining in torment because everyone loved him, considered him a hero, and tiberius was nothing but a lowly coward. he was no lion, he was a lamb. music was his only way of expressing that, because tibs could never be brave enough to tell it to a persons face using words. tiberius kept with the smile as he introduced himself. “tiberius winters, cabin leader of aphrodite. i’ve never met any hecate offspring before. are they all this unusually talented with the piano?”

ty took her invitation and sat on the other end of the bench, watching as her fingers pressed the glittering white keys. it was a nice day in itself; the birds were singing and the sun was shining down upon camp as if it was mount olympus itself, but it was made even better by the piano. tiberius smiled politely whenever adaline pressed the wrong key, and bowed his head slightly, urging her on. at some point, though, he cleared his throat a bit. “if i may, ms. adaline? you are getting too worked worked up over that one note. the rest is perfect. might i suggest focusing on the part before or after it? here, if i may demonstrate i could show you.” 
AVE ATQUE VALE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: all we need is someone to lean on [open]   all we need is someone to lean on [open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

all we need is someone to lean on [open]
Page 1 of 1