Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Artsy fartsy (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

Artsy fartsy (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Artsy fartsy (Open)   Artsy fartsy (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 10:32 pm

Son of Euterpe

David set the notepad down on the white slanted desk in front of him. It was full of pencil marks and eraser marks. The only thing consistent about it were the five horizontal lines transecting the paper over and over, and the small squiggle that marked a treble cleff in the left hand margin of the paper. He pushed up his glasses and turned in his chair to glance at the clock near the head of the room. He let out a dramatic sigh to see that he had only been there for about twenty minutes.

David actually despised the arts and crafts section of the camp. It was for the little campers, mainly. However, due to the lack of space in the scheduling of other camp activities, the arts and crafts area was the only place that he could sign up for his cabin to have activities in today. The muse cabin leader had not done too much training with his cabin, since a lot of them were not very talented at fighting. So, here he was, with his cabin, writing music as the other campers fashioned makeshift instruments out of strings, created clay acting masks, and painted wonderful pieces of arts on canvases. Even if David didn't like it, he had to admit that his cabin kind of fit in perfectly here, being talented with many various forms of art.

Created by Blitzy of Caution 2.0

Back to top Go down
Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Artsy fartsy (Open)   Artsy fartsy (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 3:01 pm

D.C

Dylan Carter

Dylan had nothing to do today, so why not go to the Arts and Crafts. Even though Dylan was not artsy at all. The only art he knew was dancing and he's pretty sure they didn't dance in there. But it wouldn't hurt to give something new a try. Dylan didn't really need to look fancy and today was his lazy day, so he put his joggers on and a shirt and slipped on his sandals on with his ankle socks. He walked out of his cabin going to the place. He walked in seeing a lot of people in here. Was he supposed to be here right now. He just shrugged and walked in. Dylan saw an empty seat and sat down. 

The desk was white with a piece of paper, sharpened color pencils, and a sharpener. Dylan looked around and looked at the boy next to him. He had music sheet paper. Dylan wanted to write music "Where can we get the music paper from?" Dylan asked the dark haired boy. Dylan couldn't draw to save his life, but he did know how to write a little music. 

WORDS: /// | OUTFIT| OOC: //
CODED BY SAPPHIRE

Last edited by Beautiful Chaos on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Artsy fartsy (Open)   Artsy fartsy (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 6:04 pm

Son of Euterpe

David had made a few progressions in his music after the course of the next fifteen minutes, but not much, and he was so unfocused that he suspected he had broken quite a few writing rules. Soon, David heard a voice that completely broke his focus, and the brunette lifted his head and set his eyes upon a boy staring over his shoulder. A little surprised, David shifted in his chair. He twisted his body to be able to look at the boy straight-on better.

"My, uhm, my staff paper?" David repeated, quirking an eyebrow. It was a strange inquiry, mostly because he didn't know many people around that liked to compose, and the ones that did were usually his siblings, or Apollos. "Uhm, this is mine, I brought it from my supply. I don't think they provide it here. But, if you would like, you could have a few sheets," he said, turning back to his paper. He tore a couple sheets out of the writing pad and offered them out.

Back to top Go down
Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Artsy fartsy (Open)   Artsy fartsy (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 9:24 pm

D.C

Dylan Carter

Dylan had a smile on his face, so he didn't come off as rude. Dylan looked at the boy with brown hair, and Dylan did have trouble looking at his eyes. They were a hazel, but there was some green in it. Dylan didn't want to look into his eyes for to long, so he looked back at the boys face. He didn't want to freak the kid out. Hearing the boys voice Dylan smiled and nodded yes. "Yeah, staff paper. But if there isn't any it's fine." Dylan replied to the boy. Dylan heard what else he had to say. 

"ohh that's understandable." Dylan smiled again. He watched the boy turn back around with a few of papers in his hands. Dylan smile grew bigger,   maybe there are some nice people here. Dylan thought. Dylan hasn't been having a good week. He has ran into some really rude people, so having this boy be nice was good for Dylan. Dylan grabbed the other side of the paper the boy was holding and only took two papers. "Thank you.... Uhhhh." Dylan didn't know the boys name and he pursed his lips together seeing if he could figure out the name. "Jack, no Finn. I'm sorry you look like a Jack or Finn. I'm Dylan by the way." Dylan held his hand out hoping his names were right.
WORDS: /// | OUTFIT| OOC: //
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Artsy fartsy (Open)   Artsy fartsy (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 3:23 pm

Son of Euterpe

All the while, David tried to keep a smile on his face. As boring as he found their current activity, he wasn't ever known to be rude or mean. He knew the importance of being kind and understanding over moody and closed-minded. If anyone ever needed someone to be unconditionally nice to them, David would be the ideal candidate. If he ever grew annoyed, it was after constant prolonged pestering, and if he were ever sad, then something had gone seriously wrong. But, to this boy that he had just met, he had no reason to be anything less than caring and considerate.

"Hey, Dylan," David replied, pleasantly. His eyes shown a small twinkle. "No, i'm afraid neither of those names are mine. I'm David. It's nice to meet you." David set the rest of the papers back on the table, and nodded his head towards the ones in Dylan's hands. "I don't meet too many people around here that write their own music. A lot of people like to just do covers," he said. He was actually quite glad to have found someone who shared his desire to compose. David placed his hand in Dylan's, noticing they were quite soft, like his own. After shaking his hand, he brought it into his lap.

Back to top Go down
Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Artsy fartsy (Open)   Artsy fartsy (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 12:32 am

Dylan Carter

Dylan looked around seeing everyone looked bored or they were really into what they were doing. Dylan was still wishing that he did get his name right. Dyan usual didn't get names right,but he made friends so they wouldn't be mad if he did get their name wrong. Hearing he did get the name wrong, he scrunched his face as he got the names wrong "Sorry, you look like a David too." Dylan smiled. "I mean it would be nice to write music as well, but cover are good too. I just write music, but I never know what kind of music would be in the background." he explained.

Dylan shook his hand like he would with anyone, not a firm handshake, but a kind handshake. He noticed David's hands were soft and Dylan smiled. Dylan always liked his soft hands, and he hasn't met anyone with soft hands until now. "Who's your parent? Mines Aphrodite." Dylan was debating on either he should've told him who his parent was because most people expect him to be all sassy and all about himself. Well who doesn't ever put their selves first, but he hated the Aphrodite stereotypes.

WORDS: /// | OUTFIT| OOC: sorry I haven't been on. Finals. //
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Artsy fartsy (Open)   Artsy fartsy (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 11:28 pm

Son of Euterpe

His eyebrows might have gained a slight bit of altitude when he heard that the other was a child of Aphrodite. That explained the well defined features and the seemingly-flawless complexion. Children of the goddess of beauty were undoubtedly the most good-looking group of teens to ever undergo puberty. Zits and squeaky voices were not associated with them, but rather perfect skin, beautiful eyes, a great head of hair, and it all came with a very self-righteous attitude. That last trait, however, David did not see displayed in the other at all. It was quite shocking that he was a child of Aphrodite in personality terms, hence the eyebrow raise. But based on appearance, it made sense.

"Me, I am a child of one of the Muses. Euterpe, you've probably never heard of her," he guessed. Not an insult, but just a general statement. Not many knew who his mother was, as she wasn't a major goddess. Many expressed confusion if he said 'Euterpe' and he'd learned by now to say 'Muses'. The group of children belonging to the minor goddesses of art were so under-appreciated that they were lucky to even have their own cabin.

Back to top Go down
Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Artsy fartsy (Open)   Artsy fartsy (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 2:13 pm

Dylan Carter

Dylan was a bit confused hearing the Muses. He then smiled hearing the name of the muse Euterpe. He usually called them the sisters and people would call him crazy, but that's what he knew them as. He didn't know much about them except their names and what they were known for.   "Ohhh. I'm sorry I've never really heard of the Muses. I'm just used to the names." Dylan laughed. He wasn't the smartest person, but he knew some stuff. He normally remembers guys handsome faces, like David's. Dylan  rab his had through his hair and smiled at David.

"So I bet you are wondering why a child of Aphrodite is here? Well sometimes the perfume and cologne is horrible. Like how much can you put on! It gives me headaches sometimes, and sometimes I need a break from my sisters and brothers. All they care about is makeup and looking good. I mean. I got yelled at for wearing this outfit. But I had to snake out, so they wouldn't see how "bad" I look.  Dylan put quotes around bad because he didn't look bad, it was just a bit of a lazy day for him. Everyone needs a lazy day. "I'm sorry I probably just bored you to death with my problems." Dylan apologized to David. Dylan was like a girl he could just ramble on, on how he felt about on some of his siblings.

WORDS: 238| OUTFIT| OOC: ///
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Artsy fartsy (Open)   Artsy fartsy (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 2:01 pm

Son of Euterpe

David was glad to see that the other was more talkative than he. It gave him a reason not to feel awkward about having little to say. Of course, he could spark up conversation pretty easily if he had to. He just preferred to keep to himself, and all of his conversation starters were rather boring and tended to die out quickly.

"Ah. The Muses is just the group of goddesses associated with like the arts, basically." It was odd that he'd never heard of them, since that was what David's cabin was called. A lot of people didn't know their individual names, they just labeled them as the muses. It was a good blanket term so that they wouldn't have to put effort into memorizing them.

When Dylan began to ramble a bit, answering a question that wasn't asked (although David was admittedly a bit curious), he smiled kindly, a small tinkle in his eyes at the other's innocent spewing of words. When he heard that the other had gotten yelled at for his attire, David's eyebrows scrunched together, puzzled. He glanced over his clothes, noting each article. He didn't look bad at all. In fact, Dylan was probably a little bit better dressed than David was who wore only jean shorts, a striped shirt and converse. It was a very boyish look, and he felt a bit silly, wondering what Dylan thought about the way he dressed.

"Oh, no, it's quite alright. Better than anything I have to do here." David glanced back at the room, his cabin members still contentedly crafting away. His staff paper remained untouched, so he was glad for the company. Maybe time would tick a bit faster. "It's weird that they would criticize your dress, but I know the feeling. My twin drives me crazy sometimes."

Back to top Go down
Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Artsy fartsy (Open)   Artsy fartsy (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 3:12 pm

Dylan Carter

Dylan now understood why David and probably his cabin was in here now. "I feel a bit dumb now, you guys have your own cabin. Okay.. well I'm not the smartest person." Dylan laughed at himself. Dylan put his hands on his cheeks him feeling a bit warm because he was embarrassed. He knew who the Muses were now, they had their own cabin, and now he felt really dumb. "I'm sorry, I now know who the Muses are. I just know them by their names, but wow. I still feel a tad bit dumb." Dylan's face was now red with embarrassment. Dylan still had a smile on his face because he didn't feel smart right now.

Dylan looked around at the people in here. Dylan looked back at David and asked "Is your cabin leader here?" He started to see if he could find the cabin leader. Usually the cabin leader was either watching or doing the activity with them. Then it hit him. Dylan would usually be told by his cabin  leader to get back to work, and no one had told David anything. "Or are you the cabin leader?' he asked again. David did seem like a good cabin leader. Dylan looked at David's smile and Dylan smiled back. He has a cute smile, Dylan thought to himself.  Hearing what he said and chuckled "They would've prefer what your wearing. They always want us to be wearing jeans and a cute shirt. Sometimes its hard being the son of Aphrodite. But its whatever." Dylan said that just to stop himself again. Dylan would've told a whole story to David about his cabin and siblings.

Dylan raised his eyebrows hearing twin. There is two of them. There's two of this handsome boys here? Dylan thought to himself. "It must get annoying when people mix up your names." Dylan said. Dylan would probably hate to have a twin brother.

WORDS: 320| OUTFIT| OOC: ///
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Artsy fartsy (Open)   Artsy fartsy (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 11:22 pm

Son of Euterpe

"Hey, no, don't feel dumb. It's totally an understandable mistake. Greek mythology is always totally confusing, it's hard for anyone to keep up with all the parents going on around here." David gave him a reassuring smile in attempt to comfort him. He wouldn't want his conversation partner to feel silly at all. David didn't much care for elevating his own image, and he'd rather be on pretty equal terms with the other.

David smirked at the next question, nodding. Yeah, his cabin leader definitely was there, or at least he'd hoped. Suddenly, as if revelation hit him, Dylan surmised that David was likely the cabin leader. He was a little surprised that he'd arrived at that conclusion with little evidence. He doubted that if he were in Dylan's position, he would have guessed it.

"Yeah, I am," he replied, his half-grin still present. He didn't really think of himself as much of a leader. In fact, the only reason he had auditioned for the position was because nobody else had seemed to be running. He didn't want some lazy guy to be in charge of their entire cabin, so he decided, hey why not? When he landed the role, as with anything, he strived for perfection. He attended every meeting, took ample notes, learned quickly, and acted effectively. He wasn't sure if he actually was good or not, but he sure did try to be.

"Well, i'm sure that they don't really know what they are talking about. It's more likely that they are just concerned with their own image and have to criticize everyone else's because of it." David knew one thing for sure. If Dylan's siblings didn't like the way he looked, they were definitely crazy. Dylan's clothes looked fine, especially since Dylan seemed to have a tan that went along with the color scheme as well as a radiant white smile.

"Yeah, a bit," David chuckled. He'd heard that line numerous times. It seemed when people discovered he was a twin they tended to ask the same question as everyone else. Something about their names getting mixed up, or who was the oldest, or the kind of trouble they could get in by switching places. It all got rather tiresome, but David didn't let Dylan know that because Dylan had no idea about other people's questions. "But nobody mistakes us very often. We are pretty different, mostly about how we act."

Back to top Go down
Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Artsy fartsy (Open)   Artsy fartsy (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 7:42 pm

Dylan Carter

Dylan smiled and nodded "That's true, sometimes it does get confusing, but at the same time it's really fun to learn about it." he said. He realized that he just said learning was fun. What was he thinking? Did he just give away that he likes to learn? Dylan really never admitted that he liked learning because that would be something his siblings may tease him about. He was kind of like Ty his cabin leader, but no one ever teased him because one he was the cabin leader, and two he has always been smart so they were used to it.

"You see like a good cabin leader." Dylan told David. Dylan wasn't lying. While David was talking to Dylan none of the people from his cabin were trying to leave, they were all working. So it was probably that they respected him. Dylan also thought of the fact that he might be strict to his cabin members, but David didn't seem like would be rude or anything. Dylan know felt better on what he was wearing for hearing what David told him. "Thank you. You just made me feel better about what I chose to wear." he laughed. David was a sweet person and Dylan liked that.

Dylan smiled "That's cool. It probably is good that you guys a different because if not then they would get confused quick." he told David. Dylan had his step-sister that he danced with and they were pretty much a like. They were both energetic and loved dancing. Dylan missed his step sister, but he was happy to be here at camp.

WORDS:  320| OUTFIT| OOC: ///
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Artsy fartsy (Open)   Artsy fartsy (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 8:07 pm

Son of Euterpe

"Yeah, I think Greek mythology is pretty unique in that way. A lot of other mythologies aren't quite as attractive, though I don't know why. Egyptian mythology has a little bit too many deities, in my opinion. And Norse doesn't focus enough on the impact of the gods on the mortals, like in the Iliad. I don't know, I just think Greek is probably the coolest kind of stuff to learn about." David didn't even think it odd that Dylan had said he liked to learn. It was something he was used to. Being surrounded by kids of the muses meant being surrounded by kids with passion, drive, and self-motivation to pursue things that they liked. So Dylan saying he liked to learn seemed kind of ordinary to him.

"Thank you! I try my best," David giggled, thankful for the compliment. He was glad that an outside perspective thought he was a good leader. He hoped that his cabin members thought the same. "Oh, well, I'm glad I could help. Your clothes look good," he assured Dylan. He didn't want the other to feel uncomfortable in his clothes, because it was almost like feeling uncomfortable in your own skin. Plus Dylan didn't look bad at all, so David was being truthful.

"Yeah, he's a bit..." David paused, glancing down at his hands. He'd hate to speak badly of his own twin. He was quite fond of Chris, when it boiled down to it. They were kind of each other's opposite halves, and a coin wouldn't be balanced with just one side. He had to think of a way to describe Chris without using a demeaning term of any sort. He bit his lip, swimming through his thoughts for the right descriptors. "Well, let's put it this way. Chris is pop and i'm classical," David explained finally, once again only able to properly express himself in terms of music.

Back to top Go down
Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Artsy fartsy (Open)   Artsy fartsy (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 12:43 pm

Dylan

Dylan Carter

Dylan  listened to David and wasn't surprised at all at the stuff he said. It was true, Greek mythology was better than any other. "I know how you feel. Greek is just better than the others." Dylan agreed with David. Dylan was happy for meeting David, a friend to add on his list. Dylan had friends, but not someone he can talk to and not get bored with. David right now was that person. They were actually talking about things that weren't always talked about. They weren't gossiping about some guy or girl, or talking about he attractive people were. They were getting to know each other. Now Dylan knows that David has a twin, he's the Muses cabin leader, his name is David, and he is a nice guy.

"Hey, no problem." Dylan smiled at David. Dylan never thought about being a cabin leader before, but it seems like a lot of fun. Ty was a great cabin leader and Dylan liked his ways, so maybe Ty should just be cabin leader as long as he likes. "Is it fun being the cabin leader?" Dylan asked. He wanted to know, obviously sometimes it's hard work but is it always hard work to do you get to have some fun? Dylan liked down at his clothes and chuckled "Thank you!" still chuckling at his clothes. He knew how to match and everything, but sometimes you have to have lazy day. Dylan looked at David and smiled and thought about his twin. Were they the same or different. Usually twins were the opposite of each other so maybe that's what they are.

Dylan pursed his lips when David stopped. Okay that gave him his answer. They were totally opposite form each other. David probably didn't know how to put it in his words, but Dylan understood. No one would speak of their actual full blooded sibling in a bad way. Pop and Classic, Dylan smiled at that. "Hey both are great genres." Dylan tried to break some of the awkwardness. He wanted to make David feel good about his brother. He couldn't be that bad.

WORDS:  354| OUTFIT| OOC: ///
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Artsy fartsy (Open)   Artsy fartsy (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 10:08 pm

Son of Euterpe

The question came as a bit of a surprise, and it certainly wasn't something he'd ever considered before. He didn't take up the position because he thought it would be enjoyable, and he hadn't really ever considered it as amusing. There were some perks, obviously. A few duties that he got to do that made him an exception to the general camper population. He didn't feel all too important, obviously, because Muse campers weren't particularly valued especially compared to Ares. In battle they were usually just as useful as Dionysus campers.

"I guess it can be kind of fun," he shrugged, giving an innocent look. "There's some more responsibility than usual, but that's alright for me. I like to keep myself busy. Being idle," he glanced at his blank paper, "doesn't always suit me."

David remembered the initial reaction of the campers upon receiving the twins. They were both decently handsome, funny, personable. But finding out how different they were took only about two minutes when each of them had had their chance to open their mouths. David had spoken lightly and shyly whereas Chris was loud and assertive. They quickly made friends with two kinds of crowds (though David insists that he is on good terms with everyone- just some more than others), Chris's crowd being the one that would sneak out of camp frequently and play pranks on innocent campers. David's crowd was a little bit more serene. He instantly made friends with people who enjoyed to sing, he made friends with many Demeter kids because he appreciated the beauty in their flowers. There was no way he could have explained all of this to Dylan.

"Yeah, they are both good." Despite their differences and occasional bickering, neither Chris nor David could live without the other. They spoke to each other more than to anyone else everyday, and it was almost a yin-yang relationship.

David glanced at the time and noticed that it had struck the hour, meaning their time in the Arts and Crafts room was over, and they were to migrate to their next activity, which was an individually scheduled one, not cabin-wide. David sighed, not really wanting to move but at the same time wanting to get out as fast as possible.

"Our time at this activity is up," he told Dylan, trying to sound a bit upset. "What are you doing, next? We can still hang out, if you want."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artsy fartsy (Open)   Artsy fartsy (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artsy fartsy (Open)
Page 1 of 1