Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Peace and Quiet (Cam)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

Peace and Quiet (Cam) Empty
PostSubject: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 12:21 am

Peace and Quiet (Cam) Tumblr_mhxahtBDIV1qigebeo3_250

Celeste walked along the creek quietly humming a jazz song to herself as she went. It was a gray sort of day, the kind that always indicated that it was going to rain in the near future. That meant most people would be staying near camp and wouldn't hear her singing, which was why she was out here.
She was wearing a white dress (a thicker one that wouldn't be see through if it got wet), and old white tennis shoes, as well as her knife strapped to her belt, for protection. Even though she was a the daughter of a minor goddess, she could still be attacked. She wasn't too worried though.
"... Hm hm hm hmm and the cotton is hiiigh. You're daddy's rich, and your mama's good looking, so hush little baby, don't you cry..." she sang quiet.
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 1:56 am

Beth was walking around camp, dressed in shorts and a tank top, muttering to herself, trying to memorize an incantation, in ancient Greek, that would simply dress her in the morning, a slight inconvenience that she thought took a little bit to long, when she heard singing and looked up "Hello?" Beth looked around and found the girl who was singing. [color-violet] "That was pretty, but also kind of... cynical." [/color]
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 11:35 am

Peace and Quiet (Cam) Tumblr_m1k4r1BSoL1rrwhd8o7_500

Extremely startled, Celeste turned around quickly. "I-um-It-... sorry," she mumbled awkwardly, her New Orleans accent not very obvious yet from what she said. Celeste was very shy, and she wasn't quite sure about how to continue this interaction. She mumbled something about leaving and walked off quickly in the direction she had been going. She wasn't trying to be rude or anything, she was just not good with strangers.
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 3:25 pm

Beth laughed a little and followed after the girl "Why are you running away? I don't bite... usually. Nothing to be sorry about, i swear." Beth caught up to the girl, and smiled at her "What was that song you were singing just now?"
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Peace and Quiet (Cam) Taylor-swift-gif

She looked at the girl for a moment before looking down. "It-um, it's 'Summertime' by Ella Fitzgerald," Celeste stated quietly. She wasn't sure what else to say, and she hoped that the girl left her alone. Her shyness has always been a problem of hers, and situations like these were always difficult for her.
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:18 pm

Beth smiled at the girl, and extended her hand "I'm Beth, leader of the Hecate cabin, who might you be? Beth fidgeted a little, and the girls silence, "You sing really well." Beth muttered an incantation and a conductor's wand appeared in her hand, and she began conduction with a laugh. "You don't happen to have a secret band on you do you?"
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 pm

Peace and Quiet (Cam) Tumblr_m99kom4lZy1qzpo8yo1_500

Celeste blushed a deep red. "I'm Celeste. Thank you, and, no no I can't sing in front of people. I'm far too shy," she stated brushing the hair behind her ear and looking down. "Oh I forgot to shake your hand, sorry." She quickly shook Beth's hand. Her New Orleans accent was obvious now.
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:53 pm

Beth chuckled and smiled, while leaning against a tree. "Come on Celeste, one song. I'll give you some magical fire, or a drachma, or best of all, my friendship." Beth winked at the blonde demigod. "Don't look down like that, nobody can see your pretty face when you do that" beth said noticing the girl was obviously shy. "Hey, I'm just kidding, that isn't to say, of course, that you aren't pretty or that you can't sing well. Because you are, and you can."
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 9:43 pm

Peace and Quiet (Cam) Tumblr_inline_nb0mporxK51sjmssw

Her blush intensified. She didn't have any friends back home. She could barely start a conversion, let alone continue it. Things usually got every quiet and awkward and she usually ends up hiding in the school bathroom and eating there because people were more scary than the terrors in there.
True to her nature, Celeste wasn't sure what to say, but she looked up at the other girl a bit longer this time before looking towards the trees to her right then slowly back at the ground again.
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 9:51 pm

"Aw, come on, I said I won't bite. How can I put you at ease? Beth raised her eyebrows at the girl, and pulled her miniaturized spellbook from her pocket, before it grew into a large tome. Beth began looking through it, "Let's see, blue is a calming color, let's try blue." Beth spoke a spell, and summoned some blue fire and set it on the ground, careful not to let it brun the gorun "See, peace offering?"
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 10:05 pm

Peace and Quiet (Cam) Tumblr_ly9x8gqBZa1r4kfic

"Whoa! All I can do is know what kind of music people like! Like how your favorite stuff is really hard, like what my brother likes," Celeste said quickly, smiling before she seemed to realized something. "I never told you my godly parent. My mom is Erato, the muse of love poetry." But just as quickly as she had a spike of openness, she closed back up again.
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 9:10 pm

"Okay that's an awesome power, like music is always good for people, getting to know them, and making friends. Plus, I actually had to teach myself magic, not quite as cool as mild telepathy. Magic may come easy to me, but it isn't an innate gift." Beth smiled, and sat down on the ground.
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Peace and Quiet (Cam) Taylor-swift-tragedy

"But... knowing what kind of music people can't help at all if a monster is attacking me. I'm like a washed out version of an Apollo kid," she stated, sitting down beside Beth. "And it doesn't really help me make friends, because people think it's weird when you walk up to them and say, 'So you like rap music... cool...'," she added with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 9:46 pm

Beth laughed "Yeah, well it's pretty difficult to chant anient greek while a monster is trying to kill you. Plus I have to study all the time." Bethany thought for a moment "And besides, you don't have to present it like that, pretend it's a game, or walk up and comment something about the music, like if someone came to me and said 'I likexsongbyxband and I'd be like No way me to. It breaks the ice."
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 9:56 pm

Peace and Quiet (Cam) Taylor-Swift-gif-180

"Starting conversations is so hard though. You saw how I practically ran away from you. I'm really not good at talking to anyone but my dad and my brother," she said with a slight laugh. Celeste tucked her hair behind her ear and looked down again. Not because she was feeling particularly shy again; mostly because she didn't know what else to do.
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 10:05 pm

"But maybe that's why" Beth said doing large hand gestures "When something is hard you should do it more not less, that way you get better." Beth said getting louder with excitement. She toned it down a little "When I find I don't know something very well I try to learn about it, and maybe evn become an expert. Sorry, inspirational rant over." Beth gave Celeste a lopsided smile. Besides, you're fun to talk to."
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 10:13 pm

Peace and Quiet (Cam) TS-gif-1

"Do you think so? My brother says I'm annoying then drags me around the city with him so he can take pictures of things," Celeste stated firmly. "Then I usually tell him that he's the annoying one, because if I was the annoying one, he wouldn't drag me everywhere with him." She smiles again, feeling a little more comfortable with this stranger. Who knew that even though she's been coming here every summer for a few years, there were still people she hadn't seen?
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 10:19 pm

"it isn't because you're annoying its because that's how siblings interact.  I find talking to you (and might I add looking at you) to be pleasant." Beth smiled at celeste and winked. Beth dispelled the fire, as she was starting to feel the drain from it, since it had no fuel to burn with. To sate her hunger Ave decided to "make sandwiches. " what kind of sandwhich do you want? "
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 8:03 am

Peace and Quiet (Cam) Tumblr_ltwrlskfPS1qbcr4co1_500

Celeste looked confused for a moment, surprised by the randomness of the question. "I-um-peanut butter and jelly?" she said in a questioning voice. She was blushing brightly again after Beth said she that she was pleasant to look at. "And I know that's how siblings interact, because that's how Franklin and I always are, except maybe right after I get home from camp."
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Beth nodded her head "Ah. Beth pulled out her spellbook, and expanded it it. "Find, food." The book flipped through to the section on food, and Beth found a place for sandwhiches, and then for other fixings of a picnic, and began chanting. Soon a pair of PB&Js along with chips some lemonade, cups and a blanket appeared. Beth felt the drain immediately, and became lightheaded. "Let's eat?"
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 5:19 pm

Peace and Quiet (Cam) Tumblr_max7echnen1qed4peo1_500

"Wow!" she exclaimed, picking up a PB&J. Celeste took a small bite of the sandwich, as a test, then took a bit larger of a bite. "Magic is so cool!" she said with a smile, "I bet there's no spell in there that makes gumbo." Cel took another bite of her sandwich. She was enjoying herself more than she usually did in the company of others. Usually she was just terrified, but meeting strangers in the woods and having spontaneous picnics didn't seem as weird at Camp Half Blood as it would back home.
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 5:29 pm

"On the contrary, I'm sure it could, however, I'm in no shape to summon any more of anything." Beth bit into her sandwich, and poured herself some lemonade, and held out a cup towards Celeste "Want some?" Beth grabbed the chips and started shoveling them into her mouth and laughed. "I'm being a bit rude in my eating here... sorry, all that magic has got me starving."
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 6:36 pm

Peace and Quiet (Cam) Tumblr_mzrp3h80CF1qln4e1o1_500

Celeste smiled and took the cup. "Thanks, Boo," she said, taking a sip, "and your eating style is fine. You should see my brother on a growth spurt." Celeste smiled wider and took other sip of her lemonade and they lapsed into silence. "Where ya from?" she asked, taking another bite from her sandwich.
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 6:55 pm

Beth laughed "I'm from Maine, and I'm guessing you're from New Orleans?" Beth took a sip, and another bite from her sandwich. "Boo? In all my knowledge, I've never heard that word before." Beth ate some more chips, and leaned against a tree.
Back to top Go down
KaySpyGirl

KaySpyGirl

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 7:34 pm

Peace and Quiet (Cam) Tumblr_lgn3deMgKu1qfzsax

She blushed. "It-It means darlin', Darlin'," Cel stated looking down at the sandwich again, unsure of how Beth would react to that. She knew strangers don't call each other Boo, but it just sort of slipped out. Gods, what if she freaks out and leaves? I don't want her to leave! "S-sorry it just sort of slipped out, I didn't mean to say it," she stated quickly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peace and Quiet (Cam)   Peace and Quiet (Cam) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peace and Quiet (Cam)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next