Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

twisting right and wrong --- [brenny]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moon
Elite Writer
moon

twisting right and wrong --- [brenny] Empty
PostSubject: twisting right and wrong --- [brenny]   twisting right and wrong --- [brenny] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 6:05 pm

twisting right and wrong --- [brenny] LANETGOtwisting right and wrong --- [brenny] DhocJX2

Quinn Taylors
Quinn felt like she needed a vacation from her previous vacation. While she might've covered up her feelings about her mother's new boyfriend then, she was not going to now. The demigod was grateful that her room could be locked, because it was a mess of clothing at the moment. In her haze of emotions, she had tossed everything out of the suitcase, nearly covering her grey cat in the process, who wasn't exactly pleased to be back in Quinn's possession. She didn't expect Susan to be in the room when she returned.

Throwing on a sweatshirt, she walked. The teenager didn't really have a destination in mind, she just kept walking. Part of her trip to her mother's had been great, but as usual, the daughter of Apollo let the worst part get to her. The idea of being unloved or replaced had dug into her mind and bothered her for the past few hours. When she looked up from the ground, Quinn found herself at the volleyball pit. The sun sinking in the sky signaled the late hour, but she didn't care.

Running a hand through her blonde curls, the demigod exhaled, glancing upwards and noticing a figure. "Gods, what are you doing here?" she spat bitterly, not caring who the person was. Her frown deepened as she crossed her arms over her loose sweatshirt, as if demanding an immediate answer. "You're lucky the harpies haven't come out to eat you yet."
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: twisting right and wrong --- [brenny]   twisting right and wrong --- [brenny] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 6:55 pm

Son of Aphrodite

Sand rose up in every direction as a boy fell onto it. A couple drops of a red liquid splattered onto the white beach sand. The boy cupped a hand around his nose. More red could be seen seeping through his fingers and dripping into his lap.

Mathieu stood opposite of this boy, unfortunate to have crossed Mat's path today. He had started off the day a little bit moody, and decided to play a little bit of volleyball to blow off a little steam. As it turns out, the game only threw wood onto Mat's fire. He wasn't one to deal with cheaters very kindly or conventionally. Just a couple of moments before, the boy was claiming that the ball had hit out, when Mathieu saw that it had obviously touched down within the boundaries.

Still balled in a fist, Mathieu's knuckles were white, ready to deliver another blow to the boy's nose if he attempted to get up and retaliate.

In retrospect, it probably wasn't a great idea to hit someone that he hardly knew.  Especially in a camp full of demigods whose powers Mat could only just begin to understand. Nevertheless, Mat's logical judgement was trumped by only one thing; his temper. On that day, his temper got the best of him and he broke this camper's nose. And now, instead of enjoying a nice game of volleyball, Mat stood in the stand as the boy was rushed off to the infirmary by everyone else, throwing around remarks about Mat and inquiries as to whether or not the boy's nose hurt.

The sun was beginning to fall low over the landscape, throwing a golden glow over the camp that would soon dissipate into blackness. The excited hum of the camp lulled as people swarmed to the mess hall for dinner and then tucked themselves away in their bunks. Mathieu's bare feet began to kick sand around. He wore a plain grey shirt and black basketball shorts. His shoes sat at the edge of the volleyball pit, his feet covering up the spots of blood here and there. He knew that he would get in trouble yet again for his violence, but at the moment, he couldn't care less. His adrenaline still obstructed his thoughts.

Mathieu definitely didn't expect someone else to be taking a stroll, so when he heard someone behind him, he turned quickly. A blond girl came into view. He did not register the face. She could have been just about any camper, though he would probably first guess Zeus, Apollo, or Hermes. He knew that she couldn't be an Aphrodite camper, since he would have seen her face around his own cabin.

"What business is it of yours?" Mat hissed, already disgusted with the girl's tone. His french accent was evident, but she was obviously american. His tone, although containing a hint of distaste, had taken on a learned and proper demeanor. Mathieu had two things. One, his power, which he used to manipulate people, and two, his intelligence. Although physically strong, Mat stood no chance in any kind of superpower showdown. He was lucky that the boy he had punched did not seem to have any supernatural powers. If this girl, however, held threat by way of superpowers, Mat would be no match in confrontation. Therefore he chose to simply eye her, crossing his arms behind his back.

"I could say the same to you," he gave in retort. He tilted his chin slightly upwards. He was already pretty tall, and now had to look down at her even further. "You would possibly like to consider scurrying off to bed, unless it is that you seek to be caught after-hours?"

Created by Blitzy of Caution 2.0
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: twisting right and wrong --- [brenny]   twisting right and wrong --- [brenny] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 8:00 pm

twisting right and wrong --- [brenny] LANETGOtwisting right and wrong --- [brenny] DhocJX2

Quinn Taylors
Quinn's eyes would've stayed defiantly placed on the other demigod, if she hadn't noticed red droplets on the pit's pale sand. She raised an eyebrow, unsure of how to treat her newest finding. Of course, the demigod had shed blood on more than one occasion, but normally without meaning to. The other teenager's fists were clenched, as if he was going to throw another punch. While Quinn was confident in her fighting abilities, she wasn't in the mood to test them, especially considering that she didn't know who she was up against. The boy's face might've been vaguely familiar, but most campers were. She didn't know him, and judging by the blood on the sand, she didn't want to.

Scoffing at his sharp reply, the girl simply raised an eyebrow. "None," she responded lightly. His voice seemed oddly proper, which was a bit confusing if one would regard the color of the sand. She noticed how much taller he was than her, it was obvious when he tilted his chin upwards, dwarfing her by that much more. Quinn knew this tactic, she was all to familiar with the various forms of manipulation from her years in middle school.

She snorted and shook her head as he responded. "You could, but why bother?" the demigod asked rhetorically. She wasn't in the mood to be messed with, she was in the mood to argue. "I'm not really interested in that, no," Quinn responded casually, shrugging to herself. The demigod wasn't in the mood to follow the rules either. If a harpy wanted to eat her, it would have to go through her daggers and arrows.

"You must not care about that either," she commented, casting her glance back over at the blood stains. "I mean, you did just punch a kid." Quinn was well acquainted with anger, but never really fought physically when turning to the strong emotion. She preferred to spit out venomous words and harsh judgments instead; that was the female response.
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: twisting right and wrong --- [brenny]   twisting right and wrong --- [brenny] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 1:40 pm

Son of Aphrodite

There was an odd itch at the back of Mat's mind. It was subtle, yet prevalent enough to cause him to ponder over what his mind could possibly be saying to him. It seemed that the longer he looked at the girl that had shown up out of the blue, the more the itch bothered him. She must have looked familiar to him, because that's the only conclusion he could draw. But where had he seen her? He didn't often venture out of his cabin, and he had met very few people here.

Mathieu noticed her eyes as they flicked around the scene. Following their line of sight, he bowed his head and glanced at the sand again. He noticed a few red spots remaining here and there. With his feet he pushed around the sand once more, covering up the remnants of crimson. After he had done that, he positioned himself in a proper posture again and captured the blond in his eyes again.

"If you would not be minding the question," he started, "I have seen you before, no?" He had pretty much given up on silently trying to place her in his mind. "Are you, peut-etre, a child of Aphrodite?" he questioned. Even if he was wrong, mistaking her for a group of demigods who were notorious for their good looks couldn't be a bad thing. It had to be that he had seen her around the cabin. He didn't recognize her from any of the rare occasions on which he would venture out of the cabin.

"You can call me Mathieu," he introduced, simply on the off-chance that they had not met acquaintances yet. Then, he did something that might have seemed a little bit odd for his character. Fortunately, nobody could see Mat's intentions. It was not at all odd to him. Mathieu advanced towards the girl and, with a tenderness that was not previously displayed when he socked a kid in his nose, he took the girl's hand and brought it to his lips. "A pleasure to meet you, if I have not already," he said, with a small bow of his head.

"Well," Mat turned to look at where he had been standing when he punched the boy. There were footprint dunes in the sand from where the group had took off to the infirmary. "I wouldn't have had to punch him if he hadn't cheated. It's simply in the fairness of the game," he grinned.

Created by Blitzy of Caution 2.0
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: twisting right and wrong --- [brenny]   twisting right and wrong --- [brenny] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 9:24 pm

Quinn Taylors
Quinn pondered the tall figure in front of her, observing him carefully, but not trying to make it obvious. She knew he was intelligent, there was an unmistakable feeling her gut that told her not to trust him, but that only made her curious as to who he was. While the daughter of Apollo was familiar with female tactics, she wasn't a skilled strategist; she was far too impulsive. In addition, he seemed familiar, like a foggy face that she had passed after years of living in camp. That might seem an insult though, as the demigod was admittedly handsome.

Her eyes dropped back down to the sand as she hid the red drops of blood. Was he ashamed of his actions? She doubted that; he seemed to radiate confidence, there was no way he would be unaware of how the blood looked. As he spoke, Quinn straightened up, trying (but failing) to make herself look larger. Licking her lips, she raised an eyebrow. "It's possible, seeing as we live in the same camp," she replied lightly. Smirking at his question, she gave a soft chuckle. "No, no, Apollo actually," the demigod corrected him, shrugging.

Nodding at his introduction, she managed a charming smile. Quinn's lips soon straightened as he advanced, a flicker of fear shooting into her eyes as she backed up a step. The fear faded once she felt the tenderness in his gesture, her shoulders slouching forwards. "Oh - yeah, I'm Quinn," she stammered, red rising into her tan cheeks. She dipped her head as well, mirroring his actions as her hand returned to her side.

A grin filled her face as he explained his actions. "That makes sense," Quinn said casually. She didn't want to get on the subject of ill planned actions, considered a large percentage of her mistakes were results of such things. "What game?" the teen questioned, feigning interest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: twisting right and wrong --- [brenny]   twisting right and wrong --- [brenny] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

twisting right and wrong --- [brenny]
Page 1 of 1