Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

now i long for yesterday

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

now i long for yesterday  Empty
PostSubject: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 7:25 pm

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan lets out a sob, as he presses his shovel into the the ground, breaking the soil of the newest grave. As he continues to dig the grave, Finnegan also continues to cry. He never thought this day would come, at least not so soon. This has been the hardest moment of his life, asides his dad dying. Finnegan has never liked death, and saying goodbye to loved ones is never easy. Finally, after several minutes of hard work he has finished digging the grave. Reaching up, Finnegan gently wipes away the tears streaming down his face.

He then rests the shovel on the ground, and turns to look at the coffin. Seeing it, causes him to only cry harder. He can't believe this is happening, this has to be a dream. It can't be real, there's no way. What is he supposed to do with his life? Everyone he cares about is gone, he's completely alone. He's alone, something that Finnegan does not handle easily. Maybe it would be best if he just left camp, there's too many painful memories here. Yeah, he'll go to college, maybe MIT or something. He just can't stay here anymore.

Biting his lip, Finnegan moves to the coffin, and drags it to the grave, and gently pushes it in. This is normally a task for several men, but unfortunately it's just him, he had considered asking Oliver to come but he didn't want his brother to be part of this. Once the coffin is securely in the grave, he picks up the shovel, and begins to fill in the whole. When he is done with this, he rolls the fake grass thing over it, and takes a step back. This is when Finnegan really starts to cry, sob actually. He falls to his knees, and eventually he ends up in a fetal position. From there he just lays there, sobbing.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Son of Hecate

"Hey... Sorry I'm late."

Toby approached the burial mounds. He had caught word of what had happened. Although he was not in any sort of mood to leave his room, he did so for he cared about Finnegan, and anything emotionally draining for Finnegan, Toby knew that he should be there. So, he had thrown on some simple clothes and trudged out in the light drizzle, umbrella in hand. He supposed that it was just as well. It seemed such fitting weather for such an event. A little cliche, but still fitting.

As Toby got the the grave that Finnegan was supposed to be at, he didn't see him immediately. His pace quickened. He told him to meet him there at five pm... it was 5:10, now. Where was he? Finally, Toby saw Finnegan. It wasn't how he expected. Finnegan laid in the grass, curled up and getting damp in the rain. Toby's eyebrows raised and he jogged over to the boy, a little worried. Was he hurt? He quickly reached Finn, bent down, and laid a hand on the boy's shoulder. When he saw Finn's face, he saw that he was crying. Sobbing, really.

"Finn..." Toby's heart sunk. He didn't know that it was so important to the boy. To see how much of an emotional toll it took kind of hurt Toby's heart. He felt his chest constrict a little. He positioned the umbrella over both of the boys, still bending down.

"Finnegan, I'm really sorry..." His hand moved from Finn's arm, making its way toward the boy's cheek to brush it soothingly, but it froze in midair. What did Finnegan think of Toby right now? Was it a good idea to be intimate at all? Toby frowned, and withdrew his hand. However, he gave the thought another whirl. After all, it was a funeral, right? Anyone who suffered a loss would want someone to comfort them. It wouldn't be seen as intimacy, it was just letting Finn know that Toby is there. Resolving a medium, Toby's hand moved over to Finnegan's and took a hold of it.

"I'm sorry about Cap. He was a good cat, I'm sure..."

Created by Blitzy of Caution 2.0

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:53 pm

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan lays there, not wanting to get up. He's had Cap, Captain America actually, for several years of his life. And losing him, really is losing part of himself. He can honestly call Cap his life companion, and there's now an empty void in his heart that he has no idea how to fill. He continues to lay there, not even caring that it's raining.

After a while of this, Finnegan  becomes aware of someone's presence but chooses to ignore it. He really just wants to be alone right now to mourn the loss of his cat. Yet when he feels the hand on his shoulder, he turns his head to look at who it is, assuming that it's most likely just Oliver. But seeing Toby is even more shocking. He had Oliver mention it to the boy, but he didn't expect him to show up. After all why would he? Especially after what happened, yet there he is. The sight of Toby brings a small smile to Finnegan's face, but it doesn't last long as he soon finds himself crying again.

"I-i'm glad you came, I didn't think you'd bother showing up"he says his voice wavering. Finnegan then slowly pushes himself to a sitting position, as he looks over at Toby. Biting his lip, he squeezes the other's hand tightly. Oh gods, he hasn't held Toby's hand for ages. The gesture is enough to calm him down, so he's not crying as hard but he is still crying. Finnegan then reaches up and wipes away his tears, but it really doesn't do much.

"Cap was my best friend, he was always there for me. I don't know what I'll do without him"he says his voice cracking. "I know you probably don't understand, but I got him after I lost my dad, and he's just been there. Sure he's a cat, but he could tell when I was upset, and he was such a good listener"he says starting to ramble. Talking about Captain America only makes him cry harder.  

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 11:24 pm

Son of Hecate

Once Finn sat up, Toby took a seat next to him on the wet grass facing the grave. Although it was awkward to hold the umbrella over the two of them, Toby managed it somehow while also keeping hold of Finnegan's hand, which now squeezed his own with more force than Toby thought he could. He could understand why, though. So many events in Finn's life were happening subsequently. Albeit, Toby was kind of one of the main problems.

"Of course I came," Toby responded. "A-anything that's this important to you, I couldn't miss." Toby watched Finnegan's face for a moment before looking away. His gaze locked with the dirt before them. It seemed a wary topic, being so close to the dead after what had just happened. Toby doubted Finn was thinking about it, and rather about the cat, but Toby couldn't help himself. His life was so much more different now. Finnegan wasn't in it as much. Toby was on suicide watch. His wand was taken from him, along with other dangerous items. His world flipped inside out because of past events. But this moment, the two boys under an umbrella in a drizzle, mourning the loss of a cat. As silly as it might somehow seem, Toby liked that they could be close for a while. Away from camp. Minds somewhat preoccupied. It was kind of like old times.

When Finnegan told him that he got the cat after he lost his dad, Toby's eyes went wide with shock. He had had no idea that Finn lost his father. The boy really didn't reveal much about his life. Toby's mood plummeted. How well did he know Finnegan? He had opened up on several occasions, and yet he didn't know that his dad was dead.

"Finnegan, I'm sorry... that's really rough," Toby whispered. He put his other hand on top of their intertwined ones. "That must be really tough..." To be honest, Toby was kind of at a loss for words. He didn't know how to comfort him. Should he suggest getting a new cat? No, that would be too soon. He could say that he would be there for Finn. But that brought up complications, because he didn't want to risk Finn saying that he didn't want Toby. He already knew he didn't, he couldn't bare hearing it again. Resolving that saying nothing was better than anything he had, Toby remained silent. He merely embraced Finnegan's hand in a meager effort to comfort, and stared at the spot of burial.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 11:59 pm

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan stares at the grave, and realizes that he didn't make any sort of marker. How could he forget such an important detail. "I-i forgot to get something to mark the grave"he says quietly, although you can tell there's anxiety in his voice. "I can't believe I forgot, I'm so stupid"he mumbles. He guesses that there's just been so much on his mind, that it slipped his mind.

Hearing what Toby has to say, Finnegan smiles widely and this time it doesn't fade. "Thank you, that really means a lot"he says meaning it. Honestly, Finnegan would have assumed that Toby would be a bit mad at him. But he's not going to mention it, as the other boy is probably not having the time of his life right now, thanks to Finnegan requesting that he should be watched. It's just that after the events in the forest, he was so afraid and worried about Toby's safety.

"I'll get over it, I've done it before"he says his voice cracking. Honestly, he's not sure that he ever really will get over it. He might get over losing Cap, but he's not sure he'll get over all the other shit that happened. Turning his head Finnegan watches Toby for a few minutes. Then with out much thinking, he slowly lets go of the boy's hand at the same time he moves closer to the boy and hugs him tightly, resting his forehead against his shoulder. "Sorry"he mumbles into the boy's shoulder, "I just really needed to hug someone"he says, feeling as if he should explain. Even after he apologizes for the spontaneous hug, Finnegan does not let go of the other boy.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 12:39 am

Son of Hecate

The boys sat in silence a while, while they mourned the death of the cat. Toby's head bowed to the ground while Finnegan's pointed at the grave. Hearing Finnegan's worried voice made Toby jump a little, startled. He looked at the mound. It was true, Finnegan had placed no sort of burial marker over it to signify his cat's presence. Toby lifted one hand from Finnegan's and rubbed his chin. The burial area was really close to the lake...

"Hold on one moment. I promise to be back," Toby said. He squeezed Finnegan's hand before letting it go. Toby gave Finnegan his umbrella, caring more for him than for himself. He didn't really care if he got wet. It wasn't raining too hard, anyway. Then, the boy stood and wandered off. He transected the graveyard type of area and made his way toward the lake. Due to the rain, Toby saw no campers at most of the activity places today. They were probably all inside, enjoying a day off of lazyness and slumber. Once the boy reached the lake, he began to pluck pebbles off of the ground. He pulled the front of his shirt out, and stuck the pebbles in the fold, quite like a makeshift kangaroo pouch. Once his shirt was filled well, and a lot heavier, he began to plunder his way back to Finnegan.

Arriving back at the spot he had left, he bent next to the grave. On top of the displaced dirt, he one-by-one removed the stones from his shirt and placed them. When he was finished, the stone's spelled "CAP". After that, he rejoined Finnegan under the umbrella. His nice shirt was now soaked to his skin and baggy. Perhaps it had been raining harder than he estimated. Was he really too distracted to tell?

When he sat down next to Finn, he took his hand again, just like before. Only, when he held it, Finnegan almost immediately let it go. If it was possible, Toby's heart sank even further. For a split second he thought Finnegan was going to get up and walk away. But, to his surprise, Finn re-positioned himself and enveloped Toby in a large hug. He could feel the boy's face on his shoulder, and his wet hair tickling his chin. Finn's arms were also touched by the rain, but the embrace was nice. No, it was more than nice. After feeling so alone lately, this was exactly what Toby needed. He loved Finn's hugs, and, although this one was different, he appreciated it even more.

After a couple of moments, Toby was pretty sure that Finnegan would release him. However, another surprise. Finnegan kept holding tight to him. When Finn didn't let go, Toby decided to hug him back. He wrapped his arms around Finn, pulling him close. Toby closed his eyes and buried his face into Finnegan's dark hair. His chest constricted, because although it was a nice moment, it stirred up so much inside of him. As they sat there, Toby noticed the rain beginning to make them both wet. He guessed that when Finn hugged him, he had dropped the umbrella. Rain drops ran down Toby's cheeks and into Finn's hair like tears. Or were they tears?

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 1:09 am

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan bites his lip as he watches Toby. What is he doing? He nervously licks his lip, and watches at Toby walks through the rain towards the lake. Knitting his eye brows together in confusion, he watches as the boy returns with his shirt full of, rocks? However when he sees what Toby is doing he lets out a little gasp. Toby didn't have to that, yet he did and honestly Finnegan feels like he has done nothing to deserve this kindness. "Thank you so so much!"he exclaims a small smile spreading across his face.

After a while of hugging Finnegan slowly moves away, although he does not break the hug. He's simply putting more space between them, because as much as he enjoyed it, it still felt awkward. That's when he starts to laugh, he's not sure what it is that's making him laugh. But it's probably because they're sitting here in the pouring rain, hugging each other. It's just a tad funny, actually it's really funny. "Sorry, but we're just sitting here in the rain and it's funny"he says a goofy smile growing across his face. Of course Finnegan is still upset, but something about being around Toby just makes him happy, even after what happened.

Grinning, Finnegan tilts his head as he stares at the other boy. He then slowly untangles his arms, and stands up. He then hols out a hand for Toby to take. "I'm a bit cold. So how about we get out of this rain?"he suggests, his tone implying that he is very nervous. He sees no reason why Toby would want to do anything with him, so he's waiting for the boy to say no. "I'm come back and finish paying my respects later, when it's not raining"he says quietly as he gazes over at Cap's grave.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 1:24 am

Son of Hecate

When Finnegan disrupted the moment, Toby actually was a little bit disgruntled. When he saw the look on Finn's face, he knew that is was perhaps a little too fast for him. But really, for Toby it was perfect. As soon as Finnegan pulled away, already did Toby miss the smell of Finn's hair and the feel of his body in Toby's arms. He watched longingly as Finnegan shifted further and further.

When Finn began to laugh, Toby was utterly shocked. Normally, seeing Finnegan laugh happily would make Toby laugh or smile. But he didn't. He figured Finnegan was laughing out of emotional confusion about what he was doing, trying to escape any confrontation. This did not make Toby smile. He watched solemnly as Finn had his little laughing fit.

"Finnegan..." Toby started, but he was cut off as Finn rose. Toby took the boy's hand and stood with him, grabbing the umbrella and holding it over their heads. "Finnegan... I- I'm still not sure that I'm healthy for you..." he said. He shook his head, looking down at his feet before swallowing and continuing. "I don't really think you want me around anymore," he said. He hated to make this mini funeral about him, but from what he gathered, Finn wanted him to go with him. And that could possibly lead to unfortunate outcomes. Toby backhanded a tear from his cheek and he sniffled. He really was getting kind of cold from the rain.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 1:44 am

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Seeing Toby's reaction makes Finnegan want to cry all over again. Although he has to admit, he sort of expected it would be coming. Sighing he wipes his nose on his sleeve and looks over at Toby. "Toby"he says his voice cracking, "Please don't do this"he pleads. "I know things won't be the same, but I can't cut you out of my life. Not after everything, it's impossible"he says staring into the other boy's eyes. "Not only am I not able to do that, I don't want to do that. I care about you way too much"he says his voice trailing off at the end as he stares down at his feet.

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 1:44 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby let out a sigh, and turned his body so that he was facing halfway away from Finnegan. He had done this numerous times when the couple talked before, and it became known as a sign of agitation and confusion for him. It was his way of kind of cutting of the conversation without all the way turning his back.

Being as drenched as he was already, Toby lowered the umbrella. There was no point anymore. The rain had successfully wet all of his clothes, making his shirt stick to his skin, and his socks felt strange and mushy in his shoes. His hair was no longer stylized like he liked it, but rather dark and clinging to his scalp.

The moment of silence between the two boys was haunting. The pitter patter of the rain and the scene of the graveyard intertwined with the mood would send chills up anybody's back, cold or not. The silence hung in the air. Toby didn't want to be the one to break it, but he knew he had to. Finnegan just basically offered his heart back to Toby, and Toby hadn't taken it. He knew that he had to make a decision. He had to be the one to mend things or end things. And he found himself leaning towards end. It wasn't that he didn't love Finnegan. It was that Finnegan had seen him at the worst moment of his life. He knew that Finn could never forget that. Somewhere deep down, he thought that Finn might be doing this just to save himself the trauma of Toby's death.

Dead set on severing their emotional ties, Toby took a deep breath and turned towards
Finnegan. He thought perhaps he was going to throw up, and then he realized that he had not exhaled. He let out the breath and steadied his breathing. Upon seeing Finnegan's face, the boy's stomach flopped around, his mind went haywire. Finn's eyes, although downcast, were swimming in hope and fear. His eyebrows slanted at that angle that reminded Toby of a small puppy. Memories began to stack up in the son of Hecate's mind. The memories of their hardships, their friendship. Toby couldn't do it. He wanted Finnegan.

"Alright," Toby stepped towards the boy. "Okay. Let's get out of this rain. Together."

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 2:48 pm

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan bites his lip as he nervously watches Toby. If he had to make a guess on what the boy is thinking based on his body language, Finn thinks it would be he's trying to find a way to let him down. Trying to resist the urge to cry, Finnegan stares at his feet as he reaches up to wipe his eyes. Although this action is probably stupid, considering it's raining. Yet he still does it, he doesn't want to Toby to see him crying. Especially because the boy hasn't even given him an answer yet. He'll cry when he says no, not now.

Although no matter how hard he is trying, all Finn wants to do is sit down and cry. All of this stuff that has happened lately with Toby, it's all his fault. If he had only kept his fat mouth shut, everything would be fine. Gods he's such an idiot. It can't be that bad right? He should have just given it a chance, like a normal person would have done. But no, he had to call Toby weird. Plus he might have said weird, but his tone implied freak. Sighing, Finn turns his head and looks over at Toby, as he silently watches the boy.

He then nervously waits for the boy to speak. However he is shocked with what he hears. Did he hear him right? Did Toby say together? Finnegan is pretty sure that's what he heard. His eyes widdening, Finnegan smiles as he looks over at Toby. "Yes, that sounds like fun"he says sheepishly, That sounded stupid Finnegan. He then steps closer to Toby and offers him his hand. He's not entirely sure why, but it just feels like the right thing to do. "Let's go. My cabin?"he says as he walks off. Although he is heading towards his cabin, if Toby wants to go to his cabin, he just has to steer Finn in that direction. "I can lend you some dry clothes"he says as they walk, a wide smile on his face.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 3:22 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby is appalled that Finnegan is so willing to accept him into his life. First, Finn thought Toby was a complete freak. And Finn probably thought that Toby is so emotionally unstable that he needs someone. Is that really what this was? Did Finn just want to save his conscience by keeping Toby alive? The questions were like poison.

Toby reached out a shaky hand and placed it in Finn's. This time, it was impossible to feel whether Toby's hand was clammy, or Finn's hand was rough. They were both covered in rainwater. Toby intertwined his fingers with Finn's. He always preferred that kind of hand holding, since it felt more secure.

The two boys then set off across the camp. Finn seemed to steer Toby more in the direction of the Athena cabin. This made Toby a little bit nervous, but he didn't resist. Although the Athena cabin was bigger, it was also more populated. Plus, there was always that one sibling... Toby didn't know his name, but he was frequently harassed by one of Finn's siblings for dating the boy. The thought that this sibling would surely be there made Toby's hand tighten around Finn's, but he gave no other perceivable emotions, so Finn probably wouldn't know what the boy was dreading.

When they reached the cabin, Finn entered first, releasing Toby's hand. Toby almost expected him to knock, but then he realized that he was the stranger to the cabin, not Finn. Toby followed right behind him. Although dimly lit, the cabin was bright compared to his own. There were shelves everywhere stockpiled with books and scrolls and drawings. Toby's eyebrows shot up at the sight of the cabin. It was intensely messy, and somehow very intimidating. Giving a slight shiver, Toby followed Finn to his room.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan smiles lightly as he walks through camp, never letting go of Toby's hand. As much as he knows nothing will ever be the same, he'd like to pretend that it will be. And this moment is a good time to start pretending, especially because Toby agreed to join him and they're holding hands. Two things that would have been usual before, but now can be considered shocking and maybe even odd. Not that Finnegan cares, this is just one step closer to them going back to normal.

Reaching his cabin, Finnegan doesn't hesitant to enter the cabin. As he walks through the mess, he is very careful to not let go off Toby's hand. As he heads towards his room, he can feel the stares of some of his siblings but he chooses to ignore them. He doesn't care what they think, and he never will. What he wants to do is his own business, and his siblings can stay out of it. Or maybe they're just staring because they're dripping wet. Either way, he doesn't car.

Reaching his room, Finnegan walks through the door and gently lets go of Toby's hand. Smiling lightly, he heads to his dresser and opening it, he begins to take out clothes. Grabbing a pair of boxers, an old Thor shirt, and a pair of nike athletic shorts he places them on the bed for himself. He then gathers a similar ensemble for Toby, and hands it to the boy. He then clears his throat as he looks at the boy, "There's a bathroom you can use, or you can change here. It doesn't matter"he says sounding slightly uncomfortable, which is very odd for him. Sighing, Finnegan walks over to his bed, and begins to change into his clothes. When he is done, he tosses the wet ones in his hamper and sits down on the edge of his bed.  

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 5:32 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby met the eyes of some of Finn's cabin mates. Some of their eyes widened, mouths slightly ajar. When he met their gaze, his eyes quickly shot to the ground. As they maneuvered through the cabin, Toby tried to keep his eyes on the ground, or on Finn. It was bad enough to feel ashamed about himself, he didn't need maybe everyone in the cabin to pile onto that by looking at him as if he was dunked in some sort of circus tank and was now a gay fish out of water.

As soon as they got into Finn's room, which seemed to be uninhabited by any of the bunk mates, Toby made sure to slam the door. He then pressed his back into the door, leaning on it as he looked down at his shoes. He hoped that maybe they weren't judging him too harshly. Maybe they knew that they were just burying Finn's cat? He doubted that. He was also pretty sure that every single one of them has heard about Toby's little 'problem'. That was definitely major grounds to judge him by.

Realizing he was breathing kind of shallowly, Toby tried to take larger and more controlled breaths. He pushed off of the door and wandered over to the dresser where Finn was laying out dry clothes. The ensembles were somewhat the same, but one shirt was Thor and the other was... Toby didn't really know. Some x-men guy, he guessed. He watched Finn take the Thor one, so he gathered the other clothes. When Finn told him that he can change here or elsewhere, Toby had planned on just changing here. He didn't think it was too big of a deal. However, his mind was changed when he detected something particularly uncomfortable in Finn's voice. Toby frowned. He watched Finn move to his bed. When he realized that the boy was changing, he quickly turned around.

"I-I'll go use the bathroom," he muttered, before quickly shuffling out. He went into the bathroom, then shut and locked the door. A little disgruntled, Toby stripped off his wet clothes and began to pull on Finn's dry ones. As the shirt passed over his head, Toby detected Finnegan's scent on the fabric. It made Toby smile. It was something familiar. Like coming home after a long vacation. It made him feel better.

When he was done, Toby left the bathroom and found Finn. There was definitely a newer and more awkward silence between them now, being sheltered from the rain and in a quiet room. Toby scratched the back of his head and cast his gaze down, unsure how to break the silence.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 2:51 pm

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan lets out a small sigh as he watches Toby leave the room to get changed. Yes he had offered that the boy could use the bathroom, but he didn't really expect him to use it, so seeing him leave, is oddly painful for the boy. Biting his lip, he pulls his legs up to his chest and loosely wraps his arms around them, as he anxiously awaits Toby's return. When Toby enters the room, Finn looks up at the boy and smiles lightly. "W-what do you want to do?"he asks nervously.

Meanwhile, one of Finnegan's siblings a boy by the name of James was watching as the two boy's walked through the cabin, a look of disgust on his face. He would have assumed after Toby's suicide attempt, he would cut off all ties to Finnegan. Just watching them together makes his blood boil. Slamming his book down on his bunk, he stands up and follows the two boys. He reaches the room just in time to see Toby disappear into the bathroom with a pile of clean clothes, something that makes the boy grin. Quickly he presses into the wall as he waits for Toby to come out. He's not sure what he's going to say, all he knows is that he's going to confront Toby about his relationship with Finnegan. He hates Toby, and he needs to stop gaying up his brother.

Waiting a few minutes, James quickly barges into the room after Toby. He lays eyes on Finnegan, and quickly looks away. His eyes then land on Toby, and he glares at the boy. "I've thought I made myself clear, you need to leave Finnegan alone"he says cooly, completely ignoring Finnegan. He then folds his arms across his chest as he waits for Toby to do something, "What you're doing is wrong, it's sick and it's disgusting and it needs to end, now"he says to the boy.

Finnegan knits his eyebrows together in confusion when James enters the room after Toby. What is the boy doing here? He's never been particularly close to James, and he some how doubts that he and Toby are friends. As far as he can tell, James has no friends, no one really likes him, he's a bit well annoying and weird. When James's starts to speak, he perks up as he listens to what he has to say. What? James has been threatening Toby? Why would he do that? He then listens to what else James has to say. After the boy's last sentence, he's had enough. Finnegan stands up and walks over to the boys. "What the hell?"he asks looking at both of them. He then turns to James, "You have no right to say any of that, asshole"he says narrowing his eyes. However James's face remains emotionless, "He's bad for you, he's making you into a different person"he says narrowing his eyes. Shaking his head, Finn then turns towards Toby. "Why didn't you tell me about this?"he asks.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Son of Hecate

Toby glanced at Finnegan, sitting on his bed. He looked like he was comfortable, unlike the many times that he had to enter the Hecate cabin. He was kind of curious how Finn was keeping Toby around. He ought to think that Toby is disgusting by now, but so far he's done nothing to hint that. He was almost treating Toby like he was the same person. Which, he was, really. He just hadn't told Finn about the necromancy. He took it horribly when he found out, but for some reason he had gotten over it pretty quickly.

When Toby heard the door open, his eyes moved from Finnegan to the doorway. Seeing who had entered, Toby's heart plummeted. It was that one boy. The one of Finnegan's siblings that called him vulgar names, and pushed him into the ground. He knew that he must've seen the couple come in and shut the door to the room. Toby instinctively took a step away from the door, and his hand patted his back pocket. Of course, he didn't have any back pockets in these basketball shorts. And, even if he did, Chiron has confiscated his wand.

When the boy confronted Toby directly, rather than Finnegan, Toby's muscles tensed. The words that came out of the boy's mouth stung Toby. He blinked a couple of times, pretty much stunned. Was he disgusting? Even Finnegan had basically called him a freak. Toby's insecurity began to take in the insults as valid comments towards himself. He frantically looked to Finnegan for help.

When Finnegan says "What the hell" and then looks at Toby, he gets even more scared than he was previously. Was Finn attacking Toby? Was he going to take his sibling's side? For a moment, it almost seemed that way. But then, Finn turned onto the boy. They exchanged a couple sentences while Toby watched, shivering a little. Maybe he was cold from his wet skin, but it was more likely that he was simply frightened. The expression on Toby's face was like that of a beaten puppy who was about to take another lash. When Finnegan turned to him, he winced just slightly.

Toby didn't respond to Finn's question right away. He was at a loss for words. If he had managed to say anything, he might've sputtered, "I- I- I-..." The truth was, he couldn't remember why he had never told Finn. Was it because the boy threatened him not to? Was it because Toby didn't want Finn to worry about him? Too late for both of those.

"I'm sorry," Toby said, weakly. He didn't really specifically either Finn or his sibling. He just said it to the open room. His eyes frantically darted between the two. He felt attacked by both of them. At that moment he wanted to burst into flames. He wanted to run away from this horrid cabin and into his own. Only he couldn't, the exit being blocked. Toby opened his mouth to speak, but could not think of anything better to say than to apologize again, so he closed it.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 11:56 pm

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan stares at the two boys, his mouth gaping open. Not only is he apauled by what he is hearing, he can not believe Toby ever told him. Hearing Toby apologize he looks over at him, "You don't have to apologize, you didn't do anything. But you should have told me"he says to the boy.

In the mean time, James starts to say something, but Finnegan stops him. "No, you can shut up and listen"he says to the boy. "I love Toby you asshole, and nothing you say to either of us will change that"he says then for good measure, he punches the boy in the face. Finnegan watches as the boy runs out of the room. He then sits down on his bed a smile on his face, "That was exciting, and painful, but really exciting"he says his eyes wide and alert.

Finnegan then looks at Toby, "I'm so sorry about him. I don't even know how to explain that. No one really likes him though, maybe he just felt like being a little shit, because he tried talking to me a few times and I sort of ignored him?"he says knitting his eyebrows together in confusion. "Oh well, he's gone now"he says with a small smile.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 12:29 am

Son of Hecate

Admittedly, Toby was a little bit glad that James didn't have a chance to speak. But he was also a little bit shocked at Finnegan's actions. Actually, more than a little bit shocked. Finnegan had never resorted to violence before, that Toby had seen. He always seemed like a more thoughtful person, less of an action kind of guy. In truth, Toby maybe was even a little bit impressed.

Completely relieved to be rid of the boy, he stood there a minute. Finnegan's words began to sink in. He had said that he loved him. Was this the first time that he had said 'I love you?' He knew that Finn's brother had said it... And even though he knew that this had to be Finnegan, he still could not believe it. He still loved him... Toby could have sworn that Finnegan was doing this just for himself. But he knew that Finn would not use that word if he did not mean it.

Moving across the room and around the bed to where Finnegan was sitting, Toby took a spot next to him. His hands clung to the bead-spread nervously as he looked over at Finnegan. Thought Toby was shocked, Finnegan seemed exhilarated. It kind of worried Toby what a little violence could do to such a passive soul. But he found that he couldn't worry too much. Not with the proud smile that Finn held and the echo of the words that he had said still bouncing around in Toby's mind.

The boy couldn't help it. It wasn't even completely on purpose. Without much thinking whatsoever, Toby found himself gravitating towards Finnegan, and soon his lips found the other's.

Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:43 am

Finnegan Isaac Hayes
Finnegan sits there, his heart racing as he stares at Toby. He had just proclaimed his love for the boy, and it's taking an awfully long time for him to say it back. Biting his lip, he adverts his eyes to the ground. It's been too long, he knows what's coming and he doesn't want to hear it. Hearing it will break his heart, and he's not ready for that to happen.

Sighing Finnegan sits there, staring at the floor. He only looks up when he feels Toby sit down next to him. He slowly smiles as he realizes that he had to be wrong. When the boy kisses him, he kisses back. Pressing against the boy, Finnegan smiles against his lips as he continues to kiss him, his hands working their way to his sides.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:58 am

Son of Hecate

Toby felt his lips pressed against Finnegan's teeth awkwardly as the boy was smiling. Toby giggled, and reengaged his lips. His head tilted at an angel so that the boys wouldn't bump noses. Finn's lips were soft and just how he remembered them. Toby's eyes fluttered closed and he felt a warmth spreading through his chest and in his hands.

It had been so long that, although physically the kiss was near perfect, it felt a little bit strange. Even more so that this is where they ended up on such a bleak day. And they were doing exactly what Finn's sibling didn't want them to. But that didn't really matter. Little else was running through Toby's mind at that moment. It had been evacuated, perhaps for the best. All he could focus on was how close Finn was.

When Tobias felt Finn's hands run over his sides, a sort of buzz ran through him, triggering goosebumps to erupt on his skin. The hairs on Toby's arms prickled up. It was a little bit exhilarating, being this close to this boy with this kind of feeling being shared between them. Toby found that his hands were moving as well, traveling around Finn's waist. He could feel the curve's of the top of the boy's hips through the fabric of the shirt. Though, Toby did think that the shirt was kind of in the way.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: now i long for yesterday    now i long for yesterday  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

now i long for yesterday
Page 1 of 1