Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Let's Talk About Eyes [A guide on how to describe eyes]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

Let's Talk About Eyes [A guide on how to describe eyes] Empty
PostSubject: Let's Talk About Eyes [A guide on how to describe eyes]   Let's Talk About Eyes [A guide on how to describe eyes] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 10:29 pm

Disclaimer: This guide was not written by me. It was written by @keeksrps

Quote :
I’m going to break this guide up in parts designated by eye color, actual appearance and lastly actions involving the eyes. You can tell a lot about a person from their eyes. Eyes show a lot of emotion: happiness, sadness, annoyance. You name it. You can find my sources throughout the guide or at the very end, in case you were wondering about them. Let’s dive right into it.

Basic Eye Colors --

Black
Blue
Brown
Gray
Green
Hazel
Violet
You see just saying someone’s eyes are black or green doesn’t exactly pinpoint what the color actually looks like. All of these colors can be broken down into very specific shades. For example, blue can look a variety of ways. There’s gunmetal blue, baby blue, ice blue, sky blue and so on. Gunmetal blue eyes seldom have plenty of white in the iris that gives off a very cold appearance. You can find the list of broken down eye colors here. I highly recommend reading through that page and maybe even bookmarking it because it’ll really come in handy in your writings.

Appearance --

almond-shaped: shaped like an almond (haha)
beady: small, round and shiny
bloodshot: the whites of the eyes are red (from lack of sleep or drug use in most cases)
boss-eyed: squinting
bug-eyed: protruding eyes
clear: bright and healthy looking
close-set: close to one another
cross-eyed: look toward each other slightly
dead: show no emotion
deep-set: deeply placed
doe-eyed: big, innocent looking eyes
heavy: sad or tired looking eyes
liquid: clear and shiny
sunken: ill or old eyes
Just a broad amount of words describing the appearance of eyes. I’m sure if none of these help you, Google is the search engine for you! (x)

Actions--

For this portion, I’m going to go ahead and direct you to this page. Actions is the last section of the page so you may need to scroll down a bit to find it. There is no way I’d be able to go into as great detail as is done on that blog.

To close out this guide, I hope the information I found and presented to you helps you in some way. I know with confidence that my writing will be that much better because of the information in this guide. Have a fantastic day and if this helped you in anyway please be sure to reblog/like this post! Thank you!

PS: If you're writing in first person, please, please do not write, "My eyes flashed a dark blue color," as that is wrong. Think about it logically, how can you watch your own eyes flash different colors? It just doesn't work. Sorry, friends.
Back to top Go down

Let's Talk About Eyes [A guide on how to describe eyes]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Guides & Tutorials-
Jump to: