Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

stop and stare [private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

stop and stare [private] Empty
PostSubject: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 3:24 pm

Veronica Lyric

stop and stare [private] Tumblr_m15fmwp0fq1r88zzj

this is my winter song too you,
    a storm is coming soon
    it rolls in from the sea
    my voice a beacon in the night
    my words will be your light
    to carry you to me

Cold cold cold cold cold cold cold.

So cold. The snow on Christmas Eve was insane, Gods. It was like it was trying to fit all the snow it wouldn't get to drop on Camp in before January came and the weather slowly began to get warmer again. It had took ages to go back and forth from the dance hall, helping too set stuff up. If you stepped in the wrong place, then you went straight down through a couple feet of snow and ended up really wet and cold. It was even worse when you were carrying big snowflakes which were needed to replace some that had broken the night before, cause you couldn't see where the hell you were going. And take into account there were only so many people who could help you, the rest having to clean up and spread glitter and prepare things for yet another night of dancing. Needless to say it ended in me falling through countless mounds of snow before I was finally able to leave at five in the afternoon to get ready for chaperoning.

Honestly, sometimes I wondered why I actually bothered being nice and good. Surely being horrible and refusing to do anything was better than being nice and letting myself get roped into everything? But pretty much straight away after thinking the thought, I regretted it. It was nice too help, goddammit! And it was satisfying, knowing that your hard work could be appreciated by loads of Demigods who would come to party for the night. Or not appreciated, if they were mean old scrooges.

Not like I needed hours to get ready though. It was my first night actually going to the dance, so I'd gotten my dress ready the night before on the off chance that I stayed too late helping out to actually spend enough time getting ready. (I didn't need that long, but imagine if I only had half an hour?). Plus, I wanted too look smart, since I wasn't technically going to dance, I was going to chaperon. Two very different things. Veeery different things. Okay, not that different. As far as I knew I still got to enjoy myself and dance, if I chose to.

My dress was this really pretty blue velvet fabric that went too my knees. It wasn't too childish, and it wasn't too grown up either too look tacky, so I really liked it (Plus, the feel of it was really soft and nice.) And then, to top it all off, I had some nice silver heels, and silver accessories including a silver ring (Saying "believe"), a pair of blue and silver earrings, and my personal favorite, a silver snowflake necklace. And damn, it was colder than I would have thought. The fabric was heavy enough I'd led myself too believe I wouldn't be that cold, but nope, definitely cold.

One upside though was after the whole carrying snowflakes thing, I knew exactly where to step on the way back to the Dance Hall that night, a few minutes before it began. A few minutes cause I needed the time to make my way over to the hall and not slip and ruin my outfit. I wasn't a shallow person, but I couldn't bear it if I slipped and fell in the wet snow and the dress got water stains and all. Anyway, it was cold enough with the snow falling yet again and getting caught in my hair, which was hanging down my back. I could feel every single snowflake adding to the wet and cold and it was quite annoying.

Thankfully though, the dance had just opened when I arrived, and I was able to slip in through the doors and warm up almost instantly, as well as comb through my hair with my fingers to try melt the remaining snowflakes.

Now, even though I'd had a small hand in cleaning up and putting back together the last few nights, the sight of the hall actually lit up and buzzing with life was something to behold. The dance floor which had looked like an ice rink when all of the lights hadn't been on, looked even more believable now, with a fresh glint of glitter on it. The tables and chairs all lit but little lights, and the large snowflakes hanging from the ceiling glowing purple and blue and an unusual shade of pink. All the food had been laid out, and drinks had been put out too, and it all just looked... complete. A lot better than it looked during the day when we were cleaning and all. Plus, all the people milling around made it seem more alive. And there were already people out dancing on the dance floor, some tenderly, like they were scared it was an actual ice rink and they'd fall if they moved too much.

Speaking of people...

It was like the whole cosmic universe just wanted to screw us over and put us in the most awkward of situations. Jeez, the last few times we'd met hadn't been great, had they? And they just seemed to be getting worse and worse. Now here we were, standing not even a couple feet from each other, at a dance, and it was like all the air got sucked out of the room because I just could not catch a breath.

Okay. Over dramatic much Ronnie? Just go over, and maybe you can make this a better meeting than the last few have been.

Damn that inner voice which pushed me too do all those things which I later regretted. Well, it worked anyway. Deep breath (Oh wow, there was air), chin up, smile. I walked over (Subconsciously hoping he'd walk the other direction and never realize I was there), and tapped him on the shoulder.

'Hey stranger! What brings you to this fabulous winter dance?'

WORDS?! 985 omg
    OUTFIT?! Omg here
    TAG?! THIS IS A JONRON THREAD WHO ELSE WOULD BE MY PARTNER
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 3:06 am

JONATHAN ADAMS
THEY SAY BAD THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON.
Dances, dances everywhere.

Well, not really. Jonathan was just amused by how the camp held dances in almost every occasion. There had been a dance last Halloween. Back then, he didn't show up. There was just something off about celebrating when his adoptive father died. The wounds were fresh, both emotionally and physically, and Jonathan couldn't bring himself to have a good time.

How long had it been? A month? Two? Hm, he found that he didn't really give it much thought. But now it was Christmas - well, almost - and he soon found himself walking inside the redecorated mess hall.

Jonathan remembered clearly as he stepped over the threshold. The past few nights had been so exhausting. Immersing himself in helping out with the festivities, Jonathan couldn't count the number of trips he made to and fro the dance hall. He dabbled in snow and glitters, lifted tables and chairs, and at one point even sampled the food (that was the part he enjoyed the most, yum). Everything would drive him to the point of exhaustion, so much that he'd end up snoring in Cabin 10 instead of partaking in the dance he helped set up. In fact, it was his first time participating.

Well, not really.

"Jonathan!" the blonde beside him piped up, her pale face even whiter with nerves. "Are you sure I look nice? Like, really sure? Because something tells me that you're only saying that to spare my feelings and I don't want my feelings spared I want the truth."

Jonathan laughed. "Robin, how many times do I have to tell you? You look great. Really," he added firmly, because the girl showed signs of wanting to interrupt. "Actually, I haven't seen you look more like a girl. Hard to imagine anyone not tripping over their own two feet to ask you to dance."

At that, a light blush colored Robin's cheeks and she shifted uncomfortably on her feet. With her wavy blonde hair surprisingly free of any sort of dye, she wore a simple white dress that reached a little below her knees. Jonathan could remember borrowing the outfit from Lucy as payment for all the shiny Pokemon Robin found for him. Meanwhile, he was dressed in a simple white collared shirt and tie. He and Robin actually kind of matched, come to think of it. But Robin wasn't his date for tonight. He only agreed to accompany her to the dance, because she was too nervous to walk from the cabin to the hall on her own.

"Thanks, Athan, you're so awesome," Robin beamed, still blushing slightly.

"Right. Now go find your date before he thinks that you've ditched him for me."

"Ah, hahaha, um funny story... I don't have a date."

"What?" Jonathan's eyes widened. "But what about -"

He was cut off by a pair of small hands clapping over his mouth.

"SHUSH JONATHAN NOT IN HERE -" After looking around to make sure that no one had heard, she removed her hands from his face and gave him a nervous smile. Her voice dropped down to a whisper, and Jonathan had to bend down to hear her. "Um, I didn't ask him. I was just sorta banking on the fact that he'd be here, y'know? Like the casual bumping-into-each other scenario and I can be like - 'hey -!"

"Hey stranger! What brings you to this fabulous winter dance?"

At this, Jonathan did a double-take, drawing up to his full height and bumping his elbow at the nearest table. Robin went quiet as well, distancing herself from Jonathan with a couple of small steps.

"Ronnie! I - uh - hi."

Jonathan could've sworn that his heart leapt right up to his throat, and that something fluttered madly inside his stomach. There was some sort of electric jolts coming from where Ronnie had tapped him on the shoulder, sending his brain into overdrive and his heart racing in the speed of light. He recovered quickly though. By the next second his lips stretched to the widest smile he had in weeks.

If he was going to be honest with himself, the past few times they'd met weren't exactly the best. But now that they've met again, there was no explaining the warmth this sudden joy caused him, even if it was mixed with a considerable amount of awkwardness.

In fact, Jonathan was so overwhelmed that he just stood there smiling like an idiot, devoid of words like some sort of mannequin.

"Oh you must be Ronnie! Athan's told me a great deal about you!"

These words had a huge effect on the speechless Jonathan, whose neck literally cricked as he threw Robin a glance that meant what are you talking about I haven't even mentioned her to you -

But Robin continued as though she didn't see him, walking up to Ronnie and extending a hand. "Hi! I'm Robin Hayes, your future boyfriend's chaperone for tonight."
826 WORDS; TAG: VINA
omg plot twist i couldn't resist sorry
BUT NO WISE WORDS ARE GONNA STOP THE BLEEDING.
CODED BY SAPPHIRE

Last edited by sapphire on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:31 pm

Veronica Lyric

a storm is coming soon
    it rolls in from the sea
    to carry you to me

Didn't take me long to realize I had more than likely just interrupted a conversation. Actually, I'd probably be sort of dense if it took me very long to realize I had interrupted a conversation. From my vantage point over by the door, I hadn't actually seen anyone who I thought was with Jonathan. Just him in his white shirt and tie. But now I was actually near enough to him, it didn't take a genius (Thankfully, cause I was no genius) to realize the petite blonde in the white dress had been talking to him. And now she was backing up a couple steps.

Okay. So I wasn't one of those insanely jealous types, and I certainly wasn't a suspicious type. But this blonde was pretty. Really pretty, actually. Something about the whole small and delicate thing which was really cute and just... well I wasn't sure what I was feeling or thinking but I was pretty sure that the sudden sinking feeling had been my heart sinking right down to my toes and it was somehow connected to how the guy I liked was standing with a very cute slash pretty blonde having a conversation and now it seemed very suspicious and none of these thoughts or feelings made sense and yet I had no power over them at all. The rational part of my brain was telling me to grow up and just stop overreacting to what may be very little things, but the not so rational part? Was pretty much fueling all of my not so great thoughts.

Although, even though my heart had somehow found its way too the floor and the not so rational part of my brain was still fueling the not so great thoughts, I couldn't help but smile back too him. It was nice to see him smiling that familiar smile again. Seemed like every time we met, things just weren't in our favor. And every single time, the smiles got fewer and fewer and the good times less and less. It was just a shame really, that we didn't have more of those good times. When we played basketball and actually laughed and all. But no, the world screwed with us, and within the last few weeks our memories included me hitting him in the face with a door and the aftermath of the infamous Zombie Apocalypse.

Quite possible I could have stayed there just smiling, but the petite blonde spoke up.

"Oh you must be Ronnie! Athan's told me a great deal about you!"

'Uh... Ronnie is me...' had my mouth fallen open, cause the amount of shock I was feeling led me to believe that yes it had. Just gonna casually ignore the rest of her sentence, yep, that sounded good. Just gonna pretend that my heart had not just found its way back to my chest. Sounded good, yep.

Even more shock followed when the petite blonde (If I didn't learn her name soon I was gonna be perpetually calling her "petite blonde") stuck her hand out- and oh, Gods, my heart had one of its weird moments where it started to beat like a hummingbirds, cause what had she just said oh Gods. I couldn't help it. I sent a startled, eyes-possibly-kinda-overly-wide look Jonathan's way before turning back to Robin (She had a name, finally!) and taking her hand, albeit a little... uh, hesitantly.

'Hi Robin... I uh...' kinda wonder what Jonathan has been saying to you at this moment in time from that sentence, 'nice to meet you.' It was sort of difficult to reply to aforementioned sentence, so I just gave a sort of half smile and tried to not send any more glances towards him.

WORDS?! 631 aaah i'm sorry i didn't write more
    OUTFIT?! here
    OOC?! Oh god Robin ily thnx for making this very awkward for ronnie mAYBE I'LL JUST HAVE TO MENTION HIM I MEAN IT'S QUITE POSSIBLE RONNIE KNOWS HIM
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 2:16 am

JONATHAN ADAMS
Jonathan was mortified. No - mortified didn't even begin to cover it.

He had never told Robin about Ronnie. As nice as Robin was, Jonathan knew that she wasn't the right person to confide in with this kind of things. Her mouth wasn't exactly... under control. But how on earth did Robin find out? Maybe he shouldn't be too surprised. News - rumors traveled fast. What else would he expect from a camp overrun by teenagers?

But that's beside the point. Now, he realized, it didn't matter if he had told Robin beforehand or not. With a girl like her, it was now proven that a situation like this was bound to be inevitable.

Jonathan completely avoided Ronnie's gaze. He was just as shocked as her. He caught that startled look she sent him, and he couldn't find it in himself to respond, because how the hell was he supposed to respond and why oh why was his face burning right now -

Robin seemed completely oblivious to the awkwardness, her gaze alternating between them. She still wore that big cheesy smile. "I've been waiting so long to meet you! Maybe Athan's keeping me from you, haha," she shot Jonathan a brief accusing look, which the latter replied with a blank stare. "You never told me how pretty she is!"

Jonathan gave a nervous laugh and reached up to wipe his brow, only to find that he was sweating bullets. Please Robin for the love of all the gods out there - shut up.

Wow, he must be that embarrassed if he could think that way. Too bad Robin couldn't read thoughts though.

"Is - is this your first time meeting here?" she ploughed on, her forehead scrunching up. She sent Jonathan a look and he could almost hear her saying the words. Why did you not ask her out on a date oh gods -

"Uh, yeah," Jonathan cleared his throat, finally mustering up the courage to look at Ronnie and pretend that the last few seconds didn't happen, "so... how're you doing?"

Then he was suddenly met with a sharp pain on his ribs and recoiling, he looked down to see that Robin still had her elbow pointed at him. "'How're you doing?'" she whispered briskly. "Be a little more creative!"

"Uh..." Jonathan started again. "And your mom, how's she doing?"

From beside him, Robin heaved a heavy sigh.

Dammit, Robin.
403 WORDS; TAG: VINA
omg sorry if i'm not giving you enough to reply to and mwahahaha it's up to you whether you want to mention him or not >:)
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 2:26 pm

Veronica Lyric

a storm is coming soon
    it rolls in from the sea
    to carry you to me

Okay wow, so apparently I'd been mentioned to this seemingly very nice blonde who seemed to have taken the stage, so to speak? I was not aware that I ever got mentioned to anyone, by anyone. But since it was Jonathan- well, it sort of filled me with this happy sorta glow that made up for the whole heart sinking of earlier. It was so odd.

I took a quick sideways glance towards Athan and found that he was avoiding my gaze too. Was that the faintest hint of shock? Not enough time to check it out cause I was a little too worried he would suddenly glance over too and I'd be caught sending my sidewards look. So instead I turned back to Robin and tried to not let the confusion slip through, cause I was sure as hell confused. She was so... uh, vibrant? Was that what you'd describe her as? There were probably other words, but my mind was kinda took up by the fact I'd been mentioned to someone by Jonathan.. Funny how something so small could mean so much.

Her smile though, that was the really funny thing. Her smile was one of those big goofy ones, but at the same time it seemed really genuine. And it was like she was totally ignorant to the awkwardness that seemed to be choking the air around us three.

Oh and look at that. It could actually start to feel more awkward. The way she was wording everything, it was like she was his girlfriend. "Keeping me from you". Now either Athan thought she wasn't suitable for public places, or it could be taken the other way and be made seem like she was his girlfriend and he didn't want people to know and even the little accusing look she gave him pointed to that and oh Gods why wouldn't my heart stop the whole tower of death plummets it was doing cause it was really starting to annoy me. And yet, when she went on after her little look, the universe still made it possible for me to blush deeply. I could actually feel my cheeks flushing.

Maybe she isn't suitable to have in public places, wow..

'Hahaha, I'd love to know why we've not met until this moment Robin,' I raised an eyebrow and sent a glance towards Athan ("You been hiding her in a closet or something?" was what I was hoping it said), and brushed off the rest of the sentence cause I was more concentrating on getting rid of the insane blush.

I kept my mouth shut for the next while, hoping for a sudden blast of cold air or something that might help with my burning cheeks, but it wasn't hard to notice Robin's little dig in his ribs. But then she whispered something and unfortunately music had decided to start playing and I couldn't hear anything that low so I just stood and twiddled my thumbs (No I didn't I stood there imagining I knew what twiddled my thumbs meant)

'Uh, I'm good! And my Mom, yeah, she's doing good too. No relapse, not as many hospital visits, all that good stuff,' I shrugged and continued, 'What about you? How've you been?'

As I'd spoken, a guy I knew from around Camp (And the occasional friendly competition) walked past with what seemed to be his latest female conquest. You never knew with Eli though. It was possible he was being a good Samaritan and getting a friend a drink... then again it was just as likely he had just stolen someones date. I raised a hand to him and smiled as he passed, and he acknowledged it with a wave of his own and one of those grins of his, and then continued walking with the blue haired girl. I put my attention back to Jonathan and Robin then, smile still in place.

WORDS?! 664 yay i improved
    OUTFIT?! here
    OOC?! you gave me enough don't worry also mwhahaha ronnie just made things awwwkwaaaard
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:24 am

JONATHAN ADAMS
The awkwardness was so palpable that Jonathan wouldn't have been surprised if it just opened up and swallowed him whole. Transport him into some other dimension or something. Anywhere that didn't involve him blushing deeply in front of Ronnie and with Robin preferably a good few miles away. Seriously, the daughter of Tyche was nice, but Jonathan was beginning to doubt if she had any limits.

The glance Ronnie sent his way didn't help in the slightest (he pretended not to notice the blush in her cheeks, because he was pretty sure that he looked exactly the same way with all the words coming out of Robin's uncontrollable mouth). The kinda accusing look - well it looked accusing anyway, what's with all these looks, all of a sudden? - only served to fuel the growing tension that was steadily growing into an imaginary brick wall. A brick wall threatening to crush Jonathan into a metaphorical splat on the floor - a very speechless splat.

It's not like I can admit that I haven't told Robin anything about her... it wouldn't look good at all... he thought ruefully. Gods, Robin, what are you playing at?

He shoved both hands in his pockets. They were damp with sweat now, and he hoped that his jeans could maybe dry them off. Maybe. But if Robin continued this little charade, Jonathan doubted that his unusually jumpy nerves would go away... Suppressing a sigh, his eyes curiously flicked to the boy Ronnie had waved at but seeing as he wasn't anyone he knew, Jonathan continued as though nothing happened.

"Glad to hear it," he said, meaning the words as he smiled. "I'm doing... alright. It seems like stuff are back to normal so... yeah."

Normal. The concept seemed so foreign. With his father's death (a topic which he hasn't brought up with Ronnie, and wasn't planning on bringing up anytime soon) and the undead attack, Jonathan thought that all the normality was gone from his life. But as always, he chose not to let it show. Keeping it inside, maintaining a false pretense so that he wouldn't burden anyone, least of all Ronnie.

In the moments of silence that followed, Jonathan finally got the chance to look at Ronnie. As in, really take her in. Her brown hair sleek and shiny, falling in waves to frame her face. The navy blue dress she wore complemented her nicely, and the silver heels brought her closer to him in height. Jonathan liked it. Robin might have looked great, but Ronnie was in a different level. It was the kind of beauty that pulled him in. In his eyes, Veronica Lyric was simply beautiful.

Jonathan was too absorbed to notice the silence, and it was only after a few more seconds that he realized it was odd.

Huh, looks like she finally learned to hold her tongue... he thought with slight amusement, giving Robin a sideways glance. Her smile was frozen in place, it seemed, but there was something off. Jonathan could tell from how her lips twitched from the effort, almost as if... as if she was straining it. And she didn't seem to be looking at Ronnie anymore...

But just as Jonathan opened his mouth to ask if she was alright, Robin blinked madly and her hand went to her stomach, rubbing it.

"Damn, I think my tummy just rumbled... I think I'll go get myself something to food - uh, eat. So, um, Ronnie! I'll talk to you another time, okay? Take care of gentle giant over here - dammit Athan why are you so tall ugh I can't reach your shoulder. Have fun, kiddies! Enjoy the night~!"

Before Jonathan could form any coherent response, Robin gave him one last pat on the arm and with a hearty wave at Ronnie, she disappeared into the crowd.

Wow... what a hasty exit...

Well, at least he didn't have to worry too much anymore. He pushed all worries away, at least for the moment. Maybe he'd just been imagining things. Maybe Robin really was hungry.

"That was... sudden." Jonathan turned back to Ronnie, finding it easier to speak. "Robin's kinda new. She arrived around two months ago, I think? She's, er, very bubbly. Reminds me of Alex, actually. Remember her? The daughter of Zeus from the basketball courts?"

This was kind of easy, talking about the less stressful past. The basketball courts, the arts and crafts shack, the fireworks... thinking about it all already made Jonathan feel lighter on his feet. A sudden thought occurred to him, and Jonathan gave a low whistle at the realization.

"Wow... that was ages ago, wasn't it..."

A long time had passed. Now, so many things were different. Jonathan changed. Ronnie changed. Only one thing didn't change, and it wasn't something you could see. Rather, it was something you'd feel. Jonathan was sure of it. He'd been sure from the moment his heart beat faster, his smiles becoming easier. Until now, he was sure.

The only question was... did Ronnie feel it too?
842 WORDS; TAG: VINA
awkwaaard lolol
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 7:22 am

Veronica Lyric

a storm is coming soon
    it rolls in from the sea
    to carry you to me

I was really half expecting Robin to say something, truth be told. That was the reason why all I did in reply to Athan was meet his gaze for a few moments, enough to mirror his smile. And then, you know, pretend to be busy pushing some hair behind my ear when really i was touching my cheeks cause how the hell could they still be warm Gods why was blushing so noticeable actually lemme rephrase that why was blushing a thing why did it exist.

Though, just by him mentioning normality, it brought up a whole range of thoughts. It was difficult to remember a time in recent months where things were classed as normal. Pretty sure zombies attacking a camp full of demigods wasn't "normal", at least not in the conventional sense of the word. Those days had definitely sucked, no doubts there. Never knowing whether it was night or day. Never knowing if you were gonna be alive at the end of the apocalypse or not for sure. And then time before it, with my Mom being sick and all, that could definitely not be called normal. Things only started to chance and go back to normal after the burials and fire lanterns, after everyone had had time to grieve.

Odd to think that the past few days, which all the winter festivities.... that was normal. Incredibly normal, in fact.

Although, back on the subject of blushing, I was pretty sure I looked like a tomato or some other red fruit/vegetable thing. Gods, blushing was ridiculously annoying. Especially when it happened at the most stupid times and decided "hey this is fun maybe I'll stick around a while".

Wow, the silence is getting a little.... uh, long? Shouldn't Robin have said something? Or, damn, maybe I'm expected to say something.

I looked her way (For what I realized was the first time in a long few moments), and I realized something almost immediately. Her smile, which had been really... genuine not that long ago.... was well stuck. In place. Like she was trying very hard to keep it there. What had happened there then? Had something happened while I was kinda thinking?

I probably should have said something to her, and maybe I would have, but just as the thought entered my head to ask if she was okay... well she was great at talking and not giving an opening for other people.

Something to food? Sounded like there was a little more going on than the simple "I'm hungry" picture she tried to paint. But nothing had been said, or done, at least from what I knew (and I'd been standing here, so yeah). What could have possibly happened in so little time?

Though, if there is something else going on, she still had a very good point. So damn tall. Thankfully the world created heels (Which are hard to walk in but still). Finally I am nearer his height.

With all those little inward thoughts I'd had going on, I'd barely caught Robin's wave before she'd disappeared into the crowd. I raised my own hand, like I was gonna wave back, but just as soon as I'd raised it, she was gone and it was a pointless gesture.

Turning back to Athan, I nodded in agreement.

'Very, very sudden.' suspiciously sudden.

Okay, wow, was that relief? Why was I relieved, goddammit.

Uh, maybe cause she only just arrived and a couple seconds ago you were fretting over if she just a little bit more than a friend?

Still, it was possible. Very possible in fact. And with that delightful thought my relief faded a tad bit more than a little.

'Jonathan the good Samaritan, eh?' I teased ever so slightly, 'She's uh... very bubbly, yes, lets go with your word. But nice! Maybe I could see if she wants to hang out sometime. Its hard to be in a brand new place and not know that many people...'

It was, at least for some people. I still remember when I first arrived at Camp. Everything was so new and different. It had been terrifying. It could still be terrifying.

'Alex... Gods, who could forget Alex?' Or, you know, forget the basketball courts and what happened that day 'Now you mention it, she does remind me of her. Both had the same first impressions... both are kinda... well, unforgettable would be an accurate word.'

Definitely unforgettable. I had been thinking about words Alex said to me a log lately, in all honesty. "I swear to gods, you'll be kicking yourself later on if you let that kind of boy go." She was right. But just... the world was never in our favor. Something always went wrong. And when yet another trouble stacked on the pile, all it did was fuel the fear that maybe we were just never meant to be.

'A very long time indeed...'

WORDS?! 849 words omg I thought I had 891 but idk I must have counted them wrong. I was writing it in my copy for the last couple classes so lol I probably just calculated wrong or something
    OUTFIT?! coding why u forsake me
    OOC?! now i know how to make robin disappear. just wave at an imaginary elijah

Last edited by Faith Lehane on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 10:21 am

JONATHAN ADAMS
Shrugging, Jonathan threw one last glance at the place Robin disappeared to. He wasn't surprised when Ronnie agreed with him. The blonde's exit was too abrupt. Jonathan wasn't really complaining though; in fact, he felt relieved. And also kind of guilty. Ha.

The image of Robin and Ronnie hanging out together erased all other thoughts for the time being though, and Jonathan couldn't help but chuckle. "That's an idea. I have to warn you though; she can be quite a handful. Kinda like having a kid sister."

He listened to her talk about Alex. She described her to be unforgettable. What about him? Was he unforgettable?

Wow, where are these thoughts coming from..?

"A very long time indeed..." Ronnie said, jarring him from his thoughts.

He replied with a kind of happy sigh. "Agreed." And I still haven't asked you out.

The last time he tried, it was a few months ago and he literally slammed into Apollo cabin's door, breaking his nose in the process. Talk about funny stories. It certainly seemed like he lost every inch of his courage since then.

Maybe they just weren't meant to be together. With all the stuff that's happened, Jonathan was seriously starting to consider the thought. But these feelings... he couldn't just throw them away like they were nothing.

Hm, quite a mental debate Jonathan had going on in his head.

It was during this time that the music changed, the upbeat notes fading into something more mellow.

"This town is colder now..."

The idea struck Jonathan in the middle of his debate, making him stand a little straighter. Before he could stop himself, he stuck his hand out (now a little drier than before, thanks to his jeans) and made a nice little bow.

"Would you care for a dance?"

Well, if they weren't supposed to be together, then screw the Fates. He just wanted to have a dance. At least one dance.
323 WORDS; TAG: VINA
this post is crap i'm so sorry
if you leave it alone i might rewrite it when i have more time and less schoolwork ugh
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 5:25 pm

Ronnie Lyric
Suspiciously sudden? Jeez Ronnie, just cause someone leaves doesn't mean it has to be suspicious. It is actually possible that she just saw someone she knew and wanted to go, or, you know, was actually hungry. Its all very possible. Suspicious doesn't need to apply to the situation. It was just sudden, that's all. But not suspiciously sudden!

Glancing back to Athan, I laughed lightly under my breath.

'A handful? She doesn't look like she can be that bad,' I sent another look into the crowd, like the blonde in the white dress would suddenly appear again. Okay, so she did seem like she could be quite a bit of a handful. Especially in large doses.

Alex. One of the many people who'd interrupted us during the day at the basketball courts. Along with Simon, who was also Jonathan's friend, and Grace, my cousin. But for me, Alex was definitely the one who stayed in my head. Simply because of her words. Just cause she left me with words which I couldn't stop thinking about since they'd been spoken. I had even thought about it during my four month absence, where I should have been thinking about other things. But it was just... something about them stuck with me. Gave me a lot to think about.

And a lot of time to think about it. When had Alex said them to me? Back in June last year, surely. And what had happened since then? Way too much. I should have done something back then. But no, I let every chance I had drift past. The only time we'd gotten close- well, after that particular night at the fireworks, I'd had to leave. For four months. And when I came back, things had obviously changed. And then there was the whole Half-Blood Hill thing. And the Mess Hall. And the whole thing where I sort of smashed him in the face with the Apollo Cabin Door.

Fate definitely had it out for us. Every time something seemed to be going right? Just when I was about to get my courage up to actually, you know, say something? "Lets just put Jonathan in front of the door and then make the door open outwards and make sure she gets her courage at the exact time where he'd be outside the door so she opens the door and smashes his face! Yay!"

Back to reality as the music changed to a song I had heard? Maybe on the radio? Couldn't think of the name, but it was definitely familiar.

"... I think its sick of us..."

I just so happened to take another glance at Athan as he stuck out his hand and did his little bow.

Gods, did it make me selfish that even though I knew things never worked, even though I knew the fates obviously weren't rooting for us, I wanted this dance? I wanted to dance just once and not be over thinking things, just dance.

I curtsied a little and took his hand, my smile widening a little. Screw this. I wanted to dance, just this once, and if there was something wrong with that? So what!

'I would love to dance.'    

OOC?! I love this omg I'm just sorry my reply took too long D:
WORDS?! 550 yay
OUTFIT?! I lost that link whoops.
THEME?! I Can't Help Falling In Love With You - Elvis Presley (its stuck in my head aaaaaah)
TAG?! SAPPHIRE!!<3
wise men say only fools rush in, but i can't help falling in love with you, shall i stay, would it be a sin, if i can't help falling in love with you, like a river flows surely to the sea, darling so it goes, some things are meant to be, take my hand, take my whole life too, for i can't help falling in love with you
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 9:34 am

STILL ALIVE BUT BARELY BREATHING
'CAUSE YOU LEFT ME WITH NO LOVE
AND NO LOVE TO MY NAME
Jonathan chuckled. "Looks can be deceiving." They truly were. Ever heard of the phrase 'small but terrible?' Not that Robin was terrible. But yeah, she was definitely a handful. "You know what they say: big things come in small packages."

What's with me blurting out sayings all of a sudden? Not that it mattered much. Ronnie just did a little curtsy and took his hand, and that was all that mattered.

He led her to the dance floor as the song started to play. Honestly, for a son of Aphrodite, he sure as hell didn't dance a lot. He never had much experience with balls and proms or the sort. Always the shy guy. No wonder he felt awkward. He was pretty sure that he had two left feet.

Jonathan just sort of swayed with the slow tempo, not wanting to try anything too drastic (or anything that would cause him to step on someone's -coughRonniecough- foot). He held Ronnie's hand with one of his, while the other rested on her waist (another thing he was kinda awkward about because physical contact with Ronnie holy crap). He avoided looking at her face (oh gods how can he feel this awkward and kinda excited at the same time), but he didn't let the moments pass without saying anything. "I'm sorry for last time. My room looked like a bomb zone." He managed a light smile. "I'm not usually that messy, I swear. But after the zombies came" - he cleared his throat - "well, I wasn't exactly too keen on cleaning up their mess. Sorry."
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 8:48 am

Ronnie Lyric
   I let myself get led out onto the dancefloor, although there was no real problem for me. I was getting to dance! With Jonathan! At an actual dance with actual music and stuff! Christmas had definitely come early this year! Ok, so technically it was Christmas Eve so it wasn't that early, but still. Dancing with Jonathan at a Christmas Eve dance? Topped any presents I might happen to get.

The music was still oddly familiar in the whole "I have no idea what this song is called", but that wasn't too important. The song could be an old Irish folk dance song for all I cared and it still wouldn't make this dance even the tiniest bit less incredible. Seriously, it was a wonder I wasn't bouncing up and down with excitement. I'd died and gone straight to elysium.

Now, I wasn't much of a dancer in all honesty. So I didn't really mind swaying to the slow beat and not doing all those spins and stuff that girly girls liked to do at dances. I wasn't really... uh, dainty. And I wasn't really good on my feet. If I even attempted something drastic, I'd end up on my ass, especially since I was in heels and not all that comfortable in them. Thankfully though, with one hand held in Jonathan's hand (Wow I was pretty much as close to holding hands as I could get with him) and my other resting lightly on his shoulder, I was confident in the fact I wouldn't fall over- yet.

'Its understandable. The zombies destroyed the Apollo cabin. Took us ages to clean up. Plus, messiness is kind of my middle name,' I smiled a little and looked up at him.

Damn. Why must it be so hard? To get the courage up to say a couple words. Just a few words, and then it would be done. I'd know one or the other what he felt.

You know, courage isn't always a factor in things. You could always just take a leap and blurt it out. You're good at blurting.

'Hey Jonathan?' I cleared my throat and mentally cursed myself, 'I think I may have something to tell you...'

OOC?! Jonron<3
WORDS?! Idek
THEME?! I Can't Help Falling In Love With You - Elvis Presley (its stuck in my head aaaaaah)
TAG?! SAPPHIRE!!<3
wise men say only fools rush in, but i can't help falling in love with you, shall i stay, would it be a sin, if i can't help falling in love with you, like a river flows surely to the sea, darling so it goes, some things are meant to be, take my hand, take my whole life too, for i can't help falling in love with you
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 9:16 am

AND NO LOVE TO MY NAME
A laugh slipped past Jonathan's lips, even if he felt it inappropriate to laugh at the fate of the Apollo cabin. "Same with ours. Everything ransacked. It's a miracle how anything actually survived."

They were at the middle of the song, which kind of brought Jonathan down. Only a minute-and-a-half left. He wanted this dance to last longer. The awkwardness was falling apart now that they were having a fair shot at a normal conversation, and he actually found himself happy and excited -- two emotions he hadn't really felt in a while.

It occurred to him then to continue what had been interrupted in the Apollo cabin, when his nose was smashed and Ronnie ushered him to the infirmary. This was, after all, the perfect scene. A slow dance in Christmas eve? What more could he ask for?

The thought of it caused a cold feeling of dread to stir up in his chest, even when he hadn't done anything yet. What if he met rejection? What if he got the whole secret out, (funny how he was still using his word to describe it, everyone had already figured it out -- well, maybe not everyone, but the list certainly included Iris and Robin) only to get shot down by the daughter of Apollo? Then everything would feel awkward again...

It was not a good thought to have in the middle of a dance, and it did enough to let paranoia set in.

Jonathan decided then. He wasn't going to tell her. He valued their friendship, at least, and he won't let anything break that relationship, even if he wanted something more. It sounded like a pretty good decision, until Ronnie looked up at him.

He felt a familiar tug in his gut the moment their eyes met, and Jonathan stopped swaying to the music.

He knew this feeling too well. It was an ability he always had, and now it was betraying him.

Ronnie was in love.

"Hey Jonathan?" Ronnie said with the slightest hint of uncertainty. "I think I may have something to tell you."

Jonathan stilled. His heart had just dropped to the floor and sank to the center of the earth, and there was no hope of getting it back. She didn't need to tell him; he already knew. She was in love. He was too late. She already loved someone else, because he was too goddamn slow.

He let go of her, his hands clenching into fists by his sides. His lips mashed into an unnatural smile. "That's... that's good, Ronnie. I'm glad you found someone," he said, forgetting that she hadn't even said anything yet, because he believed that her eyes already told the whole story.

He couldn't stay here, not when he could almost hear something break inside him, and he found that he couldn't really control himself anymore.

You could only get heartbroken so many times, after all.

"I think... I need a break. Thanks for the dance."

He couldn't stop himself. He walked out of the hall and into the cold, not caring if the winter air clawed at his skin, not caring if he had just left the girl he loved in the middle of the dance. He couldn't bear it anymore.

With heavy breaths he trudged his way towards the Aphrodite cabin. He needed time to be alone.
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:08 am

Ronnie Lyric
The situation hadn't been funny when it had happened- arriving back to the Apollo Cabin after so long to find that nothing had survived. But even before this second, I had started to look back on it and smile. So many people who were usually messy being left to clean up a mess of massive proportions, me included. It had taken me days to even clean out my room, nevermind clean it. Course, it was clean now (Okay, maybe not, but it was my mess this time, not the zombies). I smiled slightly.

Hmm... maybe I can ask him to dance. That would be nice... we'd be able to stay out here for a little while longer...

It would be enjoyable. More than enjoyable. There was nothing else I wanted then to stay out on the ice rink like dancefloor and sway to the music. It didn't matter what kind of music, it didn't matter that we weren't technically dancing. All that mattered was that I'd get a small time with him. If fate didn't want me to be with him, then at least I'd get the pleasure of an actual dance with the boy I was head over heels in love with.

Woah there Ronnie-

I'd never thought about it like that before. I liked him, but I'd never applied the word... love to how I felt.

Such dramatic thoughts. Forget about them, goddammit, and focus on this dance!

Still, blurting things was my talent. If I was able to blurt this out then maybe, finally I'd know the truth, know if he felt the same way or not. At the same time though, if I blurted it and found he didn't feel the same way? Everything would get very awkward, very fast.

I met his eyes, but his reaction wasn't what I'd expected. We abruptly stopped dancing, and my eyebrows wrinkled in confusion. Especially when he smiled... cause it wasn't his smile. No, it was... wrong. Twisted, somehow.

"That's... that's good, Ronnie. I'm glad you found someone."

Wait, what???

'Jonathan... no- you don't understand...'

I went to catch him by the shoulder or arm or something, but even as I moved, he was speaking, and walking away. Just like that! What... what was going on? I'd never been this confused in my life, truth be told. And how had he even come to the conclusion I'd found someone?

A few people looked curiously over my direction, and I felt my cheeks warming as I stood there for a few seconds like an idiot.

Okay... so I can't just stay here. No, I can't...

Without wasting another second, I followed Jonathan- or at least went in the general direction he'd gone. For some reason I knew where he'd retreated too. He hadn't just gone to a corner and hidden in the shadows. If he was gonna storm off from the dance, he wouldn't stick around at said dance like some weird stalker. He'd obviously headed back to where he could be in private- the Aphrodite cabin.

The snow had got sufficiently thicker while I'd been in the hall, and my heels were sinking into the thick snow. Dammit. I couldn't wear practical shoes, oh no. I needed to wear heels. While it was snowing.

It took me longer than expected to reach the Aphrodite Cabin, and I was relieved to see there were another set of footsteps leading inside. Either they were from another person, or they were from Jonathan. I pretty much came to the conclusion they were Jonathan's, cause when I pushed open the door to the Cabin (Kinda slowly, really. The Aphrodite cabin is scary as hell) it seemed empty. I continued to Jonathan's room, and without hesitating I knocked softly.

'Jonatha- Athan?' I called, and took a breath before continuing, 'Are you in there? You... you got the wrong idea. You jumped to a conclusion which... it isn't right. Athan?'

OOC?! Jonron<3
WORDS?! Idek
TAG?! SAPPHIRE!!<3
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:48 am

AND NO LOVE TO MY NAME
Jonathan was freezing when he entered the empty cabin. Gods, he should never underestimate the wrath of old man winter. Still shivering, Jonathan strode across the hall straight through his room. His siblings were all at the dance, he knew. Christmas dances, or just dances in general, attracted Aphrodite kids like a magnet. He was glad for that. He didn't have to try hard to pretend.

The door banged shut behind him and he stood with his eyes on the floor, his glassy stare becoming cold and hard.

The fact that he had basically walked out on a girl -- on Ronnie of all people -- stung hard and fast and he instantly regretted it. He left her confused, and quite possibly hurt. If his adoptive mother found out what he had done, she would never let him hear the end of it.

All his plans for maintaining their friendship just went down the drain. After that little stunt he pulled? Well, high chance that Ronnie wouldn't even give him the light of day.

He was stupid. He, Jonathan Adams, was the very epitome of an idiot. He ought to go back there and apologize.

But his feet were rooted to the floor. He couldn't. He was a coward. He didn't know which he was more afraid of -- Ronnie rejecting his apology or looking into her eyes again and sensing the very thing he wished he didn't know.

"Coward!" He wrenched his gaze from the floor and to the nearest mirror, seeing his wet and shaking form glaring back. "You coward!"

A strangled sob forced its way out of his throat, but he fought back the tears. It was all coming out in force -- his father's death, the zombies, his siblings' deaths, Ronnie... everything was being molded into a huge ball of sadness raring to burst out of his chest. He trembled from the effort of keeping it in, putting his face in his hands as he dropped to a seat on his bed.

He wouldn't cry. He wouldn't.

His breaths came in quick as he forced an emotionless mask, bottling it all up again, like he always had.

Out of the corner of his eye, Jonathan spotted a rocket figurine on his table, a piece of paper stuck under it. A faint memory occurred to him, a vision of Ronnie visiting his room, how he inconspicuously tucked the paper under the rocket so that she wouldn't notice... His hand moved robotically when it gently pulled the paper out, and Jonathan stared at it with blank eyes.

It was a sketch. A sketch he asked an artistically-inclined friend to draw for him from way back. There on the paper, drawn in careful penciled lines, was Veronica Lyric's face.

She was smiling here. Jonathan didn't know if his friend traced it from a picture or drew her just by looking from afar, but that didn't matter. She was happy here, she was happy now, and everything just boiled down to the same thing, didn't it? He wanted to make her happy. Now she was, just not with him.

Try as he might, he couldn't turn that into a happy thought. It had been bottled up for so long that it took hold like a parasite, a poison that got worse the more he hung on.

Soft knocks soon filled the delicate silence, and Jonathan looked up at the sound of Ronnie's voice. Wait, she followed him here? But it was so cold outside!

Throwing the sketch to the floor, Jonathan ran to open his room door, his eyes widening at the sight of the damp Ronnie in her dress and heels, having just walked through snow to get here. He remembered how cold it had been, how he still shivered randomly now as his body tried to shake the cold off, and Jonathan forgot about his worries for a second.

"Ronnie! Are you cold? It was freezing out there!" he said, horrified. His mind in a rush, he went to wrench his closet door open, grabbing his old leather coat. It was his favorite, even if it was all worn-down, but he didn't think much of that as he draped it over the daughter of Apollo.

It didn't matter if a few seconds ago, he just went through a rough time. Jonathan didn't want her to be cold, and he would do anything in his power not to make her feel cold.

His forehead lined with anxiety, he stepped back.

It was sinking in. Ronnie actually followed him here.

But why?

"Ronnie, I..." The air around him seemed to have turned solid, pushing the words back down his throat, but he persevered. "I'm sorry. For leaving you there. It was so stupid of me, and I swear it won't happen again."

It certainly looked like he was apologizing to the floor. He didn't dare look at her eyes again. He didn't need to be reminded, and it didn't need to be painful.
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:28 am

Ronnie Lyric
In honesty, I wasn't expecting anything to happen. I knew he was in there, cause footsteps plus an empty cabin was evidence enough, but since he'd stormed off and that was highly unusual, I wasn't really holding much hope for him to answer or for him to open the door. Although, if he didn't open the door I'd just sit outside and wait for him to come out. He had to come out sometime, right? Too eat and stuff. So if he didn't answer now I'd wait. Yes, that sounded like a plan.

Although if the Aphrodite campers start coming back I'm probably gonna need to hide underneath something. They are scary as hell. Iris Andrews, Athan's Co Cabin-Leader, now she's a good example of a scary Aphrodite camper. I'd never even met her and she scared me. Grace can be scary too. Iris is scarier though.

Why was I having an internal fight with myself about scary Aphrodite campers? Good question. I had no idea to the answer though.

The door swung open then, as I puzzled over the answer to my question. I looked up and found Athan looking at me with wide eyes. I KNEW IT! I'M A FREAKING NANCY DREW! Cough. I knew he was inside, but seeing I was right gave me a little bit of pride.

'What?' Unfortunately, the whole celebrating my Nancy Drewness meant I hadn't been paying as much attention to Athan as I should have been. I'd caught his question, but my mind was working a little slower, so it took my a couple seconds to answer.

Was I cold? I hadn't even realized that I was wet. But now it had been so kindly pointed out, I glanced down and found the dress had gotten uh... kind of damp, and I shivered slightly. Wow. It was sort of cold.

'I um... didn't notice,' I said, but even as I spoke he was pulling out a leather jacket- no, not just any leather jacket. His leather jacket. The one which I knew for sure was his favorite. I moved as if to protest, but it did no good. He draped it over my shoulders, and the extra fabric started to warm my arms almost instantly.

'Thank you,' I smiled, and as he stepped back I stepped in. No way was I going to have a repeat of the dance. He wasn't gonna slam the door in my face (If he'd been thinking about doing that, ya know), and now I was standing in the doorway he wasn't gonna storm off without me putting up a fight.

'You don't need to be sorry. But why Athan? You just left! Without any sort of explanation!' I forgot about my whole "not stepping from the doorway thing" and walked into his room, spinning to face him again, 'And not to mention your assumption! If you just waited... then...'

But I couldn't continue. Out of the corner of my eye, I'd spotted a piece of paper, and my eyes had curiously moved to study it. Now, I bent down and picked it up carefully, like it would suddenly shatter like a piece of broken glass if I was too rough.

It was... me. But not a picture. Hand drawn...

'Did you... draw this?' not anger in my voice, no... curiosity, more than anything. Why would he have a hand drawn picture of me?

OOC?! Jonron<3
WORDS?! Idek
TAG?! SAPPHIRE!!<3
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:10 pm

AND NO LOVE TO MY NAME
Jonathan was hardly thinking about it when he put his jacket on Ronnie, even as she tried to move away. He didn't care if she was angry enough not to let him do anything to her again. He sure as hell wasn't letting her get hypothermia just because of that. Thank the gods that she did let him though. She even smiled and said 'thank you.'

Maybe it was the last 'thank you' he would ever hear from her. He wouldn't be surprised, considering what he had done.

Jonathan watched her come in (more like he watched her feet come in, no way was he going to look up) and he half-expected her to shout at him. He half-expected her to hurl words as she would throwing knives... but he was wrong.

"You don't need to be sorry..." Those were the first words she uttered, and Jonathan suddenly found hope surging through his veins. Of course, he didn't believe her. He had to be sorry. It was his fault that he left her in the mess hall, his fault that she went through the snow just to follow him. If she caught as much as a cold, he would blame himself. But what struck him was that she didn't begin with anger. An angry person didn't start by saying things like that.

The next words were more or less something he expected, but he still winced. He left her alone in there without any explanation. Jonathan shoved his hands in his pockets and continued to look down, feeling the guilt eat away at his conscience.

But what came next took him aback, more so than Ronnie's first words, and for the briefest second he let his confused eyes flicker up at her.

Assumption?

She didn't really know about his ability. He had never gotten around to telling her. Ronnie didn't know that with a simple look into someone's eyes, Jonathan could sense if that person is in love. It was an Aphrodite thing, and he mostly kept that fact about himself under wraps.

But before he could say anything, he noticed how Ronnie's face changed, his eyes staring at something else, and he knew that something distracted her. As he followed her gaze though, his heart raced. He started to move towards her, his arm raised as if to take the paper.

"Hey, wait -"

She had already bent down to pick it up before he could dissuade her, and Jonathan's cheeks flamed when Ronnie finally saw the sketch.

Well... now she knows.

"No," Jonathan admitted, suddenly developing an interest in his table. He reached up to mess his hair up, just a nervous habit, and continued without looking over. "Cole Notte drew it. I... I asked her to."

If he was still cold from his short excursion before, Jonathan didn't let on. He continued to stare at his rocket, running his fingers down its smooth surface. He ended up placing it in his hand altogether, throwing it from one hand to another like a juggling ball. It was an excuse to avoid looking at Ronnie. He was red enough as it was. His body was half-turned so that he was facing his table, seemingly busy with his toy.

"It was a long time ago. I didn't have a picture of you, and I didn't want to be a creepy stalker who just takes a random picture without you knowing... Come to think of it, the drawing would pretty much imply the same thing." He smiled at the rocket. "You can have it if you want."

This wasn't how she was supposed to know. Jonathan should have told her face-to-face. He shouldn't have let her find that drawing and come to her own conclusion.

Well, he shouldn't be surprised. It wasn't as if the Fates wanted him to win in this anyway.
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 2:33 pm

Ronnie Lyric
I traced a finger along the pencil lines of the drawing, shocked by the detail that went into it. I mean, I'd known who it was straight away, and I had a hard time working out who was me in pictures. Nevermind drawings. It was really good.

I looked over to Jonathan and watched at his newfound interest in the table, slightly confused truth be told. Especially as he spoke. Why would he want a picture of me? I wasn't very photogenic, lets be honest.

'Cole Notte...' the name was slightly familiar, but I was positive I didn't know her. If I had, there would have been a face too the memory of her name. More likely I'd heard someone mention her prior to now.

Well, even if he wouldn't look at me, at least he smiled. At his rocket. But that was still an improvement to nothing. I shook my head for all the good it would do, since it was obvious he wouldn't see it.

'Its yours...' I trailed off, placing the picture carefully on the bedside table and forgetting the puzzle of the whole thing. Instead, I looked nervously down at the ground and used one foot to kick the other awkwardly.

'I still sort of... need to tell you something. If you want me too! I mean, I don't know if I offended you or... or something, but I can go if you want. I can tell you some other time... I guess,' I said it fully knowing that if I was sent away I wouldn't get the courage to blurt it out again.

OOC?! Jonron<3
WORDS?! Idek
TAG?! SAPPHIRE!!<3
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 5:36 am

AND NO LOVE TO MY NAME
"Mhm, she's a daughter of Nyx. Great artist," he said. Jonathan shrugged when she returned the paper to his table, even if every organ in his body seemed to have breathed a relieved sigh when she didn't take it for herself. Ronnie didn't seem mad, not that he could really tell; he was still transfixed on his little toy.

His eyebrows rose when she spoke. "You didn't offend me." Jonathan finally put the rocket down and turned so that he was half-leaning on his table. It looked like he was looking at Ronnie's face now, but in reality he was staring at a point behind her, avoiding eye contact. His lips twitched into a half-smile. "I just have this 'power.' It's not much. How it works is... basically, I can tell whether someone is in love by looking into their eyes. It's not something I can control. I just kind of get a tug in my gut."

It had been a long time since he last told anyone this, and Jonathan wondered if he explained it enough. He reached up to mess his hair again.

"Now, what was it you're gonna tell me?"

He spoke in a somewhat resigned tone, like he had given up. It wasn't like things could get worse, right?
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 9:19 am

Ronnie Lyric
The information that this Cole Notte was a Daughter of Nyx didn't really spark any interest in me. I didn't know her, and she could have been a Daughter of Elmo for all I cared. And Elmo wasn't even a Greek God/Goddess. At least I didn't think he was. And if he was, he did a good job hiding it.

I watched him as he spoke, watched his eyebrows raise. So I didn't offend him? Why did he just leave? It was either being offended or something else, and I'd almost prefer it to be that I'd offended him. At least it was something marginally easy to fix. I didn't want him to be mad at me, if that was it. But no, as he spoke (And it looked like he was finally looking at me- good, at least we were getting somewhere), another answer came up. He had a "power". And he- Oh Gods.

He'd seen it. So it must be true.

'Oh...'

Well uh... this is sufficiently awkward. It was like... suddenly I had no choice in the whole matter of telling him. It was either that, or I let him think it was someone else. Goddammit. My heart strings pulled as he spoke, and I smiled a little at him.

'Well... you did jump to the right conclusion,' I let my smile widen,
'Or, pretty much. But I'm not... in love with someone else, Athan.'

OOC?! Jonron<3
WORDS?! Idek
TAG?! SAPPHIRE!!<3
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 9:53 am

AND NO LOVE TO MY NAME
This time, after what felt like an eternity, Jonathan finally met Ronnie's gaze. What is she -

Her words echoed in his head like a mantra. 'I'm not in love with someone else, Athan...' It took a few repetitions for it to sink in, and Jonathan's eyes lit up like fireworks on New Year's Eve. Hope, once lost, came rushing back. His heart, previously broken, started to mend.

But a part of him -- the most pessimistic voice in his head -- held him back. What if he just heard wrong? What if he was jumping into his own different conclusion? A car speeding on a racetrack, that's what he felt like, and if he was being too careless he would crash and burn. That was why he always tried to set his expectations low. He didn't want to disappoint himself or anyone, he didn't want his hopes crushed in the end.

It was quite the challenge, juggling uncertainty and excitement around, and Jonathan suddenly found himself clutching the table edge with a white-knuckled grip.

"You mean... me?"

He spoke softly, as if he didn't want to be heard lest be corrected, yet it was easy to hear the hope lacing his voice.

coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:10 am

Ronnie Lyric
Oh Gods I've said it I said it I said it over a year and I've been waiting to say it and I've said it oh Gods oh Gods what do I do what can I do this isn't something I am well versed in what if he doesn't feel the same way I mean he could have left the dance for a reason other than what I'm assuming Gods what do I do I need advice I need Grace oh Gods-

I couldn't calm my thoughts the hell down, even though I felt kind of... calm. Which was weird. Cause my mind was racing but everything else felt sort of surreal and calm and normal. Incredibly weird really. But I couldn't concentrate on my personal weirdness- no, I was waiting for his answer, which was taking too long and it was really starting to test that personal weirdness I mean I was starting to panic Gods.

"You mean... me?"

Oh Gods he didn't feel the same way, did he? My heart instantly sank, and my smile probably faltered a little too. He didn't sound like he felt the same way. He sounded uncertain and definitely not how I'd imagined.

'I uh... I mean you. But if you want I'll... I'll go.'

I began walking out of the room, rather slow to be honest. Which was probably why I was only walking past him and reaching out to the door when the alarm clock on the bedside table beeped midnight.

Christmas.

'Oh screw it. If I have to go now, after waiting so long,' I turned back around on my heel and met his eyes. 'Then I'm not going without doing this.'

And as the clock beeped out the final midnight strikes, Veronica Lyric put her hands up around Jonathan Adams neck and kissed him.

OOC?! Jonron<3
WORDS?! Idek
TAG?! SAPPHIRE!!<3
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:43 am

AND NO LOVE TO MY NAME
This was the worst time to be incredibly slow. Jonathan stared at Ronnie, uncomprehending, unable to believe that this was really happening. She meant him. She meant him!

He couldn't quite understand why Ronnie seemed lonely, or why she was turning to leave. His own emotions were only just catching up with him, waves of it engulfing him, each stronger than the last, and Jonathan could feel a pleasant tingling sensation shoot up from his toes up to his raging chest.

She said it. She really did. Gods, I'm really not hallucinating, am I? But why is she leaving, why am I just standing here like an idiot I must stop her right now and tell her -

The loud beep shattered the silence and his thoughts. His alarm. It was his stupid broken alarm clock that always woke him up in the middle of the night, the one he always forgot to bring to a Hephaestus kid for fixing. But now his clock was reminding him that it was midnight: it was Christmas.

Ronnie spoke before he could react. "Oh screw it. If I have to go now, after waiting so long." Their eyes met. "Then I'm not going without doing this."

Before he knew it, he felt her arms around his neck and her lips on his.

Jonathan couldn't remember the last time he had ever kissed anyone, it was already so long ago. Had he known this moment would come, he would've fretted awkwardly in anticipation. But not even having a second's notice, Jonathan just did the first thing that occurred to him.

He kissed her back.

And when they broke apart, he looked into her eyes, felt that tug in his gut, and smiled the biggest smile.

"I love you too."
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:58 am

Ronnie Lyric
I was expecting instant rejection. And possibly a restraining order. Wasn't it classed as indecent assault or something to kiss someone without their permission?

But no. Pure shock when he kissed me back.

It ended too quickly, for my liking anyway. But finally, finally, he looked me in the eyes, probably, and I am pretty sure I died and went straight to heaven because he said he loved me. He loved me. Oh my Gods. I was wrong. He did feel the same way.

'So what do we do now?' I couldn't help asking, suddenly smiling.

OOC?! Jonron<3
WORDS?! Idek
TAG?! SAPPHIRE!!<3
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:13 am

AND NO LOVE TO MY NAME
Was it just Jonathan, or did the whole world just change? Everything was brighter now, happier, much more beautiful. He heard pealing bells in the distance as he looked at Ronnie smile, and he didn't know if it was some camp thing announcing Christmas or if it was just in his head. A soft pleasant melody also filled his ears, matched by the thrumming beat of his own heart.

So it is true, what they said about bells and butterflies...

He was still smiling when Ronnie asked what they should do, and the most wonderful idea popped into his head.

"You know, we never got to finish our dance."

He bowed. Offered his hand.

But what about the music? That was no problem, as Jonathan opened his lips to sing.

"Stop and stare. I think I'm moving but I'm here not there..."
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:20 am

stop and stare [private] Tumblr_lyvnfgtOmb1qcwph1o1_500

And so, they danced.
And it was epic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stop and stare [private]   stop and stare [private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stop and stare [private]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: