Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

i'll keep running [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

i'll keep running [open] Empty
PostSubject: i'll keep running [open]   i'll keep running [open] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 5:25 am

ROBIN HAYES
WE CAN SWIM IN SILENCE. YOU CAN PULL ME UNDER.
Sometimes, Robin wondered if she was living a dream. If she was living a life you would only see in movies. Camp certainly offered a rather unique way of living. You wake up, train with swords and bows and others, occasionally fight monsters, and you did all these when you weren't even old enough to vote. It was a world where creatures existed beyond the pages of storybooks, and gods and goddesses could kick your butt if you let out the briefest hint of an insult. More importantly - at least in Robin's eyes - it was a world where it was possible to set up an entire winter festival in one night, complete with snow.

When she first heard someone shout about it in the Hera cabin, Robin only laughed. She thought it had been some kind of prank. Then she went outside, and her mouth fell open in a big comical 'o'.

Immediately she threw on a pink beanie and a sweater, and headed for the first new place that caught her eye - the ice skating rink.

"Amazing!" Robin exclaimed. Her eyes wide as she pointed at the rink, she turned to a boy she recognized from her cabin. "They froze the whole lake in one night! Can you believe it?!"

The boy only shook his head and laughed at her, but Robin didn't care as she continued to gape like shocked fish. Well, excuse her for being somewhat new to camp. Excuse her for thinking that this kind of stuff only happened in cartoons.

There was no time to waste. She bolted for the stall and picked out a pair of skates. She was still grinning like mad - she'd been grinning from the moment she stepped out of her cabin - and it didn't even occur to her that she had never gone skating before in her whole life.

Psh, it shouldn't be that hard. Robin had seen skaters on TV. Keeping that image fresh in her mind, she launched herself into the ice.

"Whoa!"

She slid across the lake with ease, as though she was running on land.

"Oh my gods, I'm skating! I'm skating!" she shouted like a little kid, wheeling about on the slippery ice. "THIS IS SO -"

Whatever it was that Robin wanted to use to describe the feeling, we will never get to know. Because at that precise moment, the redhead lost her balance and...

Thump!

...and she fell face-first on the cold hard ice.
I WILL DROWN UNTIL YOU CARE.
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: i'll keep running [open]   i'll keep running [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:20 am

SethBond
Son of Bia | Spirit of Force

“We're all part of this insane world, so let's enjoy it yeah?”

i'll keep running

Seth had always liked snow, and had looked eagerly forward to Winter, especially the Christmas festivity. Either way, he wasn't one to pass up an opportunity to enjoy the season. He had only hoped it would have brought back some activity and excitement, but of course, it was exactly the same as the previous years. Camp, like any other place he had been, was starting to get predictable. The only thing that came close to thrilling was the Zombie Apocalypse, and that had been weeks ago. Plus the cleaning up hadn't been fun.

Seth furrowed his eyebrows as he skated. He was going so fast that the frigid wind stung his lips and he had to squint to see. He had never skated at this speed before, and he relished the momentary thrill that bordered on panic. He didn't exactly know how to stop, but that was okay. These feelings he loved. I'll have find something to do. I certainly didn't come here to die of boredom.

Just as the perfect idea came to him, a red-headed girl that just entered the rink almost flew past him on her skates. As he watched in mild surprise, she suddenly slipped and fell onto the ice with a thump. Seth winced. Ouch, that has gotta hurt. Only then did he realise that he was going to skate right over her. Frantically pushing off to one side, he missed her by inches. He skidded to an abrupt stop, skates scraping deep into the ice and sending ice shavings flying. Seth circled around her and came up at the other side.

"And I thought I was a daredevil," he commented, offering her his hand and one of his brilliant smiles.

ROLEPLAY STATS
partner(s): twin | muse: 90%
OOC: //

character's mood: engrossed
layout coded by sapphire at graphix galore | colour scheme by summer
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: i'll keep running [open]   i'll keep running [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 11:18 pm

ROBIN HAYES
WE CAN SWIM IN SILENCE. YOU CAN PULL ME UNDER.
For a few moments, Robin seriously considered lying there face-down forever as she mentally stabbed herself in shame. Skating was not as easy as she had thought. Lesson learned.

Her nose and forehead throbbed, having absorbed most of the impact, and the cold clawed at her partly exposed skin. Her groan was barely audible. She should probably try to get back up now, yep.

And so she did. Unsuccessfully.

Her hands slipped, and she once against smashed her face against the ice. HAHAHA - uh, I mean... oops.

Robin grew aware of the scraping of skates against ice, and with slight difficulty she forced her head up just as a boy extended a hand and a brilliant smile.

"And I thought I was a daredevil," he had said.

At this point, Robin wanted to kick herself to the deepest pits of hell. Of course. A cute guy comes when I make a fool of myself. Great going, Robin.

Chuckling, she reached out to clasp his hand. Once she finally got up, digging her skates deep into the ice for good measure, she smiled back. There was a red spot on her head and nose and a lighter pink shade on her cheeks, the latter being caused more by the cold than anything.

"Thanks! Well, we only live once, right?"

Then her skates skidded a good few inches and Robin grabbed his arm to steady herself. She didn't need any more red marks, thank you very much. She hoped he didn't mind.

"Um, can I tell you a secret?" she ploughed on before he could reply, "Um, this is my first time skating " - nervous laugh - "oh, and I'm Robin by the way."
284 WORDS; TAG: OPEN
I WILL DROWN UNTIL YOU CARE.
CODED BY SAPPHIRE
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: i'll keep running [open]   i'll keep running [open] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 8:48 am

SethBond
Son of Bia | Spirit of Force

“We're all part of this insane world, so let's enjoy it yeah?”

i'll keep running

Seth's skates slid under him as the girl suddenly grabbed his arm. "Whoa careful!" he laughed, steadying her with his other hand while trying to keep his balance. "I might be a risk taker but I'm no skating professional." The girl's hair reminded him of fire; intensely vivid. For a moment, Seth found it so cool that he considered dyeing his own bright green and pink, then decided that the snow must be freezing his brain. He'd look ridiculous.

"Um, can I tell you a secret? Um, this is my first time skating," the girl admitted, giving a nervous laugh. "Oh, and I'm Robin by the way."

An image of a hopping bird with a flaming orange bib, well, hopped across Seth's mind. "Pretty. A fitting name," he agreed, nodding somewhat seriously. He rubbed his hands together.

"Hmm.. Right. Would you like to learn how to skate?" Seth figured he'd better offer before she fell again. It wouldn't be such a secret then. Or before a Khione kid did. From personal experience, Seth concluded that Khione kids were a pain in the neck, and the feet, and the head, -generally anywhere with nerves-, about any thing regarding snow or ice.

Then he leaned in a fraction. "Don't worry though, I won't tell anyone," he mock whispered conspiratorially, winking at her. Seth didn't know what the big deal was, but hey, it was fun.

ROLEPLAY STATS
partner(s): twin | muse: 90%
OOC: jesus i had the post all along. forgot to post it /shot

character's mood: contemplation
layout coded by sapphire at graphix galore | colour scheme by summer
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i'll keep running [open]   i'll keep running [open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i'll keep running [open]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: