Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

silent nightmares [bean]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moon
Elite Writer
moon

silent nightmares [bean] Empty
PostSubject: silent nightmares [bean]   silent nightmares [bean] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 1:32 pm

faye lynn mcjean

Faye ran her fingers along the edge of a shattered window, it's baby blue curtains whipping in the fall breeze. This window was one of the few that hadn't been totally destroyed, with only a few  cracks, that let fast moving air brush over Faye's face. Her newly scarred left cheek was still sensitive, and she hadn't let anyone touch it since the fight where James lost a limb.

Her pale grey eyes stared out the window, watching campers flee from the impending rain that was beginning to flutter down from the dismal skies. Faye was now able to stay in cabin six again, but had to remember to lock her doors before she slept, or she'd wander off again. It didn't really matter to her, she never slept anyways. "When the days are cold, and the cards all fold," the demigod sung softly, moving away from the windowsill. "And the saints we see are all made of gold."

Running her fingers along the binds of books, Faye continued her sad song, figuring that no one could hear her near silent song. "When your dreams all fail, and the ones we hail are the worst of all." She stopped. Taking a shaky breath, the demigod glanced upwards at the brightly painting ceiling of the library. "And the blood runs stale."

However, at camp, the blood stopped running. Blood was needed in the human body to supply the necessary things for the cells to function. She knew that they were still in a state of chaos, and no one knew how to fix it yet. Faye was supposed to hold the answers, at least that's the state of mind she held herself too. But she couldn't. Not now.

It was a red, bloody mess. Really red. Blinking, she cleared the tears trying to escape her eyes. Hearing the creaking of floorboards, Faye's eyes snapped upwards. "What -" she began, her volume raising, before she saw who it was. "Oh. Hey."
layout and graphics (c) sapphire
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: silent nightmares [bean]   silent nightmares [bean] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 6:14 pm

silent nightmares [bean] Quelltestpic2_zpsc062f391

Quell,

Quell could hear Faye singing from the next room. He had not spoken to her since that fateful day. He did not dare. Faye was so sad. She was not any better off than Livia was. Quell sat up on the edge of his bunk, Livia huddled a chair in the corner next to him. She had not moved in days except to eat. Quell would have assumed her dead if he had not known better. She was worse than dead. It would be a long time before she was okay again. Physical wounds were so much easier to heal.

The cover on Quell’s bed was faded and old. It was from the depths of the closets, as most of the stuff in the Athena cabin had been ruined by fleeing campers and was stained with blood or torn into bandages for wounded campers. They had gotten some more supplies now, and Quell’s leg had been wrapped with a new bandage. It hurt worse than anything he had ever felt before, sending waves of fiery pain down his calf every time he moved it. Quell would rather have that than nothing though, because he knew that it would heal. The flesh was ripped to the bone, and it bleed even now. No amount of nectar and ambrosia would fix it (lest Quell wanted to be incinerated).

He stood up, letting his leg drag behind him. Quell almost gasped at the pain but he ignored it and pressed onward, letting Faye’s song travel through him. He knew the lyrics well and Quell thought they were suiting for such an occasion. ”I wanna hide the truth, I wanna shelter you..” Quell sang softly, approaching Faye. ”But with the beast inside, there’s nowhere we can hide.” Quell looked at Faye sadly. ”You okay?” He asked her. Faye had been through a lot too. Her boyfriend, James, had almost died (at least Quell thought that was what happened).
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: silent nightmares [bean]   silent nightmares [bean] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 9:27 pm

faye lynn mcjean

Faye stared at her half-brother with blank eyes, analyzing him from the head down. He seemed alright, for the most part, other than the fresh bandaged strapped to his calf. She hadn't the time to ask if everyone in cabin six was okay, she almost didn't want to. Campers simply  roamed about now, taking and fixing this as things were needed. His singing seemed to radiate through her, causing a simple lift of her chin. 'No matter what we breed, we still are made of greed," she countered, her voice maintaining a melancholy tone.

She shook her head at his question, her grey eyes darting over to Liv in her chair. Faye was concerned, but she knew Liv was alive. For now, that's the best she could hope for, on any of her siblings. If they moved, that was all she needed. "How can I be?" she asked, raising a dark eyebrow. "Vin's dead, James lost half an arm..." she muttered, silencing herself after bringing up the two things that had terrified her the most. "And I did all of that. I killed them."

Faye's words scared her, even now. "You okay?" she asked numbly.
layout and graphics (c) sapphire
[/b]
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: silent nightmares [bean]   silent nightmares [bean] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:58 pm

Quell,

Quell listened to Faye sing. Her voice penetrated the utter silence, but it did not help the dark mood. Faye was as he feared. She was as bad as Livia. It didn’t take a genius to see that. Quell looked at his sister sadly. What had become of them? Quell did not know the status of many of his siblings. Status for any normal teenager was a picture to look at on Facebook. Status for the Malcolm twins meant life or death. Weather the remainder of his siblings were dead, Quell had no idea. All he knew was that he was safe. Faye and Livia were too. That was the most important right now. He couldn’t bring back the dead, only mourn them.

Quell did not respond to Faye’s song. He could not bring himself to sing again. The song seemed fitting, but Quell just could not make his voice anything but quiet around Livia. He did not want to penetrate her mourning with music, no matter how badly it was sung.

”Vinnie’s dead?” He asked, quietly enough so Livia wouldn’t hear him. She did not need to know of another death. Quell was saddened by this. He respected the former cabin leader greatly. Vin was one of the few guys he knew that could be responsible and have a good sense of humor at the same time. Although Quell was not fond of James, Faye loved him, and Quell was glad to hear that he was still alive. And then Faye said it. She had been the one to snuff out Vin’s life. It was her fault. Quell did not know how much of that was true, but the thought that the two people he was closest with at camper were murderers scared him. ”It wasn’t your fault Faye..” Quell knew that Faye would blame herself for anything bad that happened to her loved ones. He doubted that Faye had actually hurt James, but anything could have happened. They were pitted against each other.  
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: silent nightmares [bean]   silent nightmares [bean] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:24 pm

i used to roll the dice
FEEL THE FEAR
IN MY ENEMY'S EYES
One minute I held the key,
the next the walls were closed on me.
FAYE LYNN MCJEAN
252 words : outfit
ooc: beanie feelings omg
Faye let the silence settle among then once more, filling the room with an eerie emptiness. Normally, there would be at least the turn of a page heard, or someone reading a book to another, or maybe someone running to clean up after training. For her, the demigod's hardest task was getting back into the swing of things, and ignoring all of her thoughts and emotions. As an ex cabinleader, the girl found herself constantly feeling responsible for everyone, even the offspring of other gods or goddesses.  

Her stormy orbs passed over the silent body of Livia Malcom. The girl known to bring Faye out of any problems, was now sitting petrified. Those were the type of people she hated seeing so scarred, people like Livia and Quell. It might've hit her hard because they were her siblings, but they were more than just that.

She nodded in a passive response, facing her half brother once more. "Dead," Faye repeated. The word 'death' seemed to have no effect on her anymore, it was something she would have to life with now. "By me." The Athenian looked at her owl ring, always on her at all times. She always could carry the slain on her finger, as a forced reminder that she had taken someone's life.

"Well, I killed him." Faye countered. "If I hadn't, maybe he would've been okay... maybe I could've done something else, and he couldn't have... he shouldn't have," she muttered, speaking softer and softer until the noise stopped.
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: silent nightmares [bean]   silent nightmares [bean] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:59 pm

Quell,

Quell did not know how to respond to Faye’s accusations against herself. She seemed content on blaming everything on her. The girl bore the weight of the world on her shoulders. Quell could not help feeling a sense of helplessness. He wanted to help, but what was he supposed to say to her? Faye was the one person who would back him up on everything, even the things that Livia found stupid. His sisters were worse than dead. Quell honestly felt that death would have been a better option to Faye and Livia. At least then they would let death’s guilty grip encase them. Quell could feel the pressure on his shoulders, weighing him down. Should he let it, he would be not much better than Faye or Liv. Quell wished he could help, but yet he found himself more trapped than ever. He could not say anything that would make either girl change their minds. They were both so stubborn, so insistent on blaming themselves. Quell did that too (including now), but he still wanted them not to feel that.

”Hey.” Quell found his internal strength. He could erase the memories, but at least they might fade away gently. Quell reached out and gingerly put his hand on Faye’s shoulder. Livia had not let anyone touch her since the dissipation of the zombies, even to give her medical attention, but Faye was a different person. ”It wasn’t your fault, okay? We were all pitted against each other. There was nothing you could do.” Quell let a tear trickle out of his eye. He had not killed, but his family was gone. He barely knew  if most of his friends were alive or not. And his sister was long gone. Quell did not doubt that she would go to Hades to save the boy she had killed. Livia would beg the Lord of the Dead for him back. The twins were generally above begging, but this was different. Neither Malcolm sibling was too proud to plead if a life was on the line.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

PostSubject: Re: silent nightmares [bean]   silent nightmares [bean] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 6:21 pm

i used to roll the dice
FEEL THE FEAR
IN MY ENEMY'S EYES
One minute I held the key,
the next the walls were closed on me.
FAYE LYNN MCJEAN
400 words : outfit
ooc: beanie feelings omg
Faye exhaled loudly, running her hands through her tangled hair. It was a frizzy mess, similar to the look she supported when she first came to camp. The little lost girl, without a clue who to trust or where to go. She had changed since then, but recent events had pushed her back spaces. Confidence had been lost, almost as badly as lives had been. Where faith had once walked, doubts fill it's place. This was not the time to lose it, but it was already gone.

Faye didn't jump when she felt a warm hand on her shoulder. Physical contact wasn't the thing that scared her, it was what was touching her. But this was Quell, her half-brother, one of her tethers that kept her sane. He could touch her. The demigod's mind tried not to think about Liv, who hadn't let anyone get within a foot of her since then. She was so brave, Livia. Quell, too. Faye knew they were the best that cabin six had to offer, and she was so proud of them for even surviving. However, those feelings weren't exactly the subject of conversation around here anymore. Who needed pride when you didn't have a family to share it with?

"I know," she muttered dismally, grey eyes flicking over tattered bookshelves and bloodstained walls. "Maybe that's why it's so frustrating," Faye continued. "To know that people died, people I loved, and there was nothing, nothing in this world that I could do to save them." Something was wrong. The demigod instantly snapped back to Quell, seeing a tear streak down his cheek. Her expression softened as she took the end of her thumb to wipe it away. There was no need for tears anymore. The tears had been soaked by blood of the living and the dead, and now would simply stain the lives of those who had survived. Faye knew they couldn't change that, no matter how she wished she could. Wishing was for lovestruck fools, and she was anything but that.

Giving him a weak smile, she said, "Hey yourself, it'll be okay." Her voice was still soft and dry, but she meant well. Withdrawing her hand, the demigod sighed, staring over at the empty frame of Livia Malcom. "We'll we okay. We're Athenians after all." she insisted. "We will stand up for each other and ourselves, just like we always have."
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: silent nightmares [bean]   silent nightmares [bean] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 1:45 pm

Quell,

Quell felt a pain in his chest, as if his heart was actually aching from seeing the people he loved so sad. It hurt to see everyone so helpless. The fearless, unbeatable Athena cabin was falling apart. It frustrated Quell to no end. Why had this happened? No matter how good Quell used to be at figuring people out, he did not understand why someone would want to do this. Why would they want to tear everything apart? Surely not for Chronos. Quell could not empathize with the people who did this. He was clever, but he was not cruel. Quell would not kill unless he had to. He would not murder tens of innocent people the way these Hades kids had.

Quell felt even worse when he realized this was how everyone else must feel. They were all dead, his siblings, his family, his camp. Livia must have been really strong to still have a will to live with everything she had gone through. Although he was not used to giving his sister all the credit, he had to agree that she was strong. Strong enough to live. Faye was too. And yet, despite their ultimate strength, they were in shambles. The broken decor reflected the state of the life that Quell had immersed himself in. The walls of the Athena cabin, which had once seemed like the strongest in the word, now felt like paper. And they were getting thinner and thinner every day as Quell’s support system collapsed in on himself. Yet he returned Faye’s smile briefly and ignored the sense of helplessness that he felt. Nodding, Quell repeated Faye’s words of consolation. ”Just like we always have.” Even though it could never be just like before. Quell could barely believe himself when he said that, but somehow Faye’s words had a magic power that Quell’s did not. They would get through, or die trying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: silent nightmares [bean]   silent nightmares [bean] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

silent nightmares [bean]
Page 1 of 1