Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

nostalgia [private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

nostalgia [private] Empty
PostSubject: nostalgia [private]   nostalgia [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 10:51 pm

nostalgia [private] Tumblr_luz7mlz87m1qbm4md_large
gus williams,
Gus was not a festival kind of guy. He wouldn't have come to watch had one of his favorite brothers not been in the performing band, but as the odds would have it, the night would change him forever. No, Gus would much rather be playing in the bounce house, or eating food or something, but as hate would have it, he was listening to a band play the oddest music he'd ever heard, surrounded by a crowd he couldn't imagine himself fitting into.

Gus didn't like to be alone, but he didn't have many friends at camp that liked going to music festivals, just like the son of Apollo. He hadn't become buddies with the social kids, the fun kids. That's who Gus used to be, before he realized how fake the "fun kids" could be. He tried to steer clear of the popular crowd after becoming hot. Socially awkwarders were Gus's people. He wasn't a festival kind of guy.

There were a few people at the concert nodding and smiling at him, but Gus could care less. He was doing his best to give his brother as much attention as possible. No one in the area was particularly eyecatching, anyway—that was a lie, that was a huge lie. Gus's heart nearly jumped out of his chest, and his chin quite possibly hit the floor upon seeing a girl that for whatever reason made his mind race and his legs start walking in her direction. She was extremely familar, although he was sure he had never seen her before. Something in him recognized her. Something in him loved her already.

"Hey!" Gus shouted over the music, gently resting a hand on the girl's shoulder. "My name's Gus, and I was just wondering. Okay.. this is going to sound really weird, but you look really familiar to me. Do I... do we know each other or something?"
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: nostalgia [private]   nostalgia [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:12 pm

nostalgia [private] Tumblr_mol0zfgCTF1st6qkdo2_250
Iris Louise Carmichael

Iris' head bobbed along to the beat of the music, her attention full on the cutie performing the song. It was a fast pop rock style song that made her shuffle her feet slightly and wish she was in a mosh pit. Iris hadn't been to a punk rock concert since Warped Tour 2011 when she was barely fourteen. She loved Warped Tour and wanted to go back more than anything... it was just difficult to get out of this stupid camp. Especially when you were constantly being watched.

Iris lifted her red cup to her lips and drank some of ice tea. With her tongue, she plucked out the lemon and sucked on it gingerly. Despite the careful way she extracted the flavor from the fruit, she found that the taste was already making her scrunch up all her features. She squeezed her eyes shut and spat out the lemon back into the cup. "Ugh," she mumbled, wiping her lips on the shoulder of her shirt. "Lemons are stupid," she muttered angrily. She turned her attention back to the cute singer and found that his eyes were on her and he was watching her with a bemused little smile.

A red blush spread across the daughter of Hades' face along with a shy smile and she turned away her face away, her body following for a mysterious get away. She would've made it if she hadn't felt the hand on her shoulder. "Oh!" She exclaimed, scared out of her knickers. Her dark eyes scanned the boy's face. He was incredibly handsome and she could tell by the look in his eyes that he was very interested in her. She reddened again and said, "Hey." When he explained his story, Iris gazed at him again.

"It's like I've seen you somewhere," she said softly. "I agree, you're incredibly familiar. We must've met before," Iris insisted. She couldn't shake the familiar feeling that she got, just by looking at his face. "I'm Iris," she said. Her eyes sparkled in the sunlight and a playful grin danced on her lips.

Last edited by lucifer on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: nostalgia [private]   nostalgia [private] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 11:03 pm

gus williams,
Gus mentally slapped himself for touching the girl, so soon, and so randomly, so he drew back his hand before she could even reply to him. It would be an understatement to say his heart didn't leap out of his chest when the girl replied positively, though. Iris. Her name was Iris. It was such a pretty name, and unlike the normal Gus, this new Gus was falling for a girl he didn't know. "Well Iris, I'd say it's nice to meet you, but I just can't help but feel like I've met you before."

The boy's ADHD mind traveled to the music before he could think long about how he knew Iris, and he swayed slightly. "Maybe we went to school together or.. maybe I've just seen you around camp or something. It's weird though.. you're so beautiful. I can't imagine that I wouldn't 'ave talked to you before." Gus was smooth with girls, but this trail of thought was him logically trying to work through his situation. "That wasn't meant to sound so... um... douchey, sorry about that." Gus rubbed the back of his neck nervously, but put on a warm smile, his eyebrows raised. He looked like an ashamed puppy, or a little boy.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: nostalgia [private]   nostalgia [private] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 2:46 am

Iris Louise Carmichael

Iris swayed along with the beat of the music, finding the rhythm and the beat and the pace of the song easy to keep up and lovely to have a conversation to. Iris could tell that Gus was slightly nervous. She was picking up that he was usually smooth with girls and that he was good at smooth talking. Well... so was she. At one point in her life, she'd come to terms with being known as a destroyer of feelings. At another point, she had convinced herself that she felt nothing for other people and that they were only good as toys for her. When she got bored, she'd rid herself of them. She had always blatantly disregarded others' feelings.

As she stood there in front of Gus, she couldn't decided whether or not to play around. Usually it was a knee jerk reaction to someone flirting with her. But the way Gus outright called her beautiful totally out of no where took her by complete surprise, almost stopping her in her tracks. "Th-thank you," she managed to get out, pushing a lock of dark brown hair behind her ear. So far she was sounding like a complete loser. "I really doubt we went to school together, Gus. I didn't go to school," she said with a playful smile. Some kids did day care and kindergarten. Iris played dress up in her mom's Manhattan apartment.

"It's alright. It's better to be douchey than to not know how to talk at all, I suppose." Iris flashed him another brief, white smile. "You know, I bet we met in a past life," she joked in an easy tone. But as she said that, she felt a wave of unease roll through her stomach. She swallowed, trying to clear the sudden lump in her throat. What the hell was that? That lump in her throat? She only got those when she was crying... Out of instinct, Iris reached up and ran her fingertips over her cheekbones. When she pulled away, her fingers were wet. "Allergies," she said immediately. What else could it be?

Last edited by Lucifer on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: nostalgia [private]   nostalgia [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:31 am

gus williams,
Gus wasn't sure what to think of Iris. A lovestruck puppy emotion was washing out everything he thought of her, and was preventing him from forming an opinion beyond "she's-perfection-why-aren't-you-proposing-yet-do-something-before-you-lose-the-chance." Blinking several times and rubbing his eyes didn't seem to help. There was a really hyperactive part of him that wanted Iris and wanted her now. Gus had honestly never felt that strongly about a girl before. They just hadn't seemed that important to him. The whole idea of girlfriends became very superficial after he realizing most of them only wanted a handsome boy to call their bf. He could have had a girlfriend, easy. Most girls could have been putty in Gus's hands, but he was turned off by skin-deep attraction.

"You didn't go to..." Gus trailed off and scratched his chin, thinking for a while about how it was possible for someone to not attend school. He was also a little put off because the part of him that was in love with Iris was like an extremely strong sense of deja vu and it irked him. He hadn't seen her at camp. He was positive about that, although that was all he could come up with. "You don't sound like you came from Washington. How do I know you then?" The boy was mostly whispering this to himself, although he gave up and sighed. Standing straight up he found he could see over the heads of most of the demigods around him. He hadn't realized it before, but he was getting taller still.

Gus laughed nervously at the past life comment, so emotionally confused by it that he couldn't even take in the beauty of Iris's smile. "I've heard demigods have those," the son of Apollo added, trying to manage a smile as his heart started beating faster in his chest. "That's probably it." Gus winked, but his stomach felt queasy and he was all too convinced that he had had an identity before he was Gus Williams, attractive looks extraordinar.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: nostalgia [private]   nostalgia [private] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 7:27 pm

Iris Louise Carmichael

The daughter of Hades nodded again and gave Gus a small, innocent smile. She turned her to the stage, unsure of what to say next. "So you like this band?" She asked, throwing a glance back in Gus' general direction. This was on of the first times she'd ever been stumped when it came to talking to guys. She usually knew exactly what to say and how to say it. This was entirely new territory to her. It was weird, too. Gus seemed incredibly familiar and she felt like she could say anything to him.  

"Uh, yeah, I didn't go to school," Iris said, feeling obliged to answer and explain that one. "My uncle was a demigod and didn't want me to go through the same ordeal that he did when he was younger. Mostly I did all the learning on my own," she shrugged. It wasn't that big a deal, really. She didn't want to sound smug or anything, but she said it anyway, trusting Gus to not think of her as arrogant, "I taught myself how to read and write." She was immensely proud of that. It'd taken quite a while too. She'd accidentally taught herself Greek, though, as she found out one day while taking a walk in the park. She found she couldn't read signs because they weren't written in ancient Greek.

She wasn't going to tell that to Gus, though.

Even though never having to attend school sounded glorious, Iris would have liked to go to school just to make friends. She was always told that she was too good for the other kids an that she was better than them but she didn't buy that. She wanted to be normal. Right from the get go, she was told who and what she was. That made it both harder and easier to grow up.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nostalgia [private]   nostalgia [private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

nostalgia [private]
Page 1 of 1