Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

[Private] It cant be that different. Can it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ShadowThief

ShadowThief

[Private] It cant be that different. Can it? Empty
PostSubject: [Private] It cant be that different. Can it?   [Private] It cant be that different. Can it? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Free time? How did anyone have free time around Camp Half Blood. Between studying, reading, training, and of course eating who had time to just relax and just do something they enjoyed. Well Charles finally had some me time and it was time to just shoot some hoops.

Stepping onto the court with the sun gleeming overhead, Charles felt alive and reinvigorated, even after a long day of training. Bouncing the ball between his legs a few times, Charles felt like a normal teenager again. Shooting, dribbling, running around the court without a care just like the old days. Charles took one more look up at the sun and grinned. Sometimes there was nothing wrong with being a child of Apollo. Looking back to the hoop Charles gleemed with confidence as he shot the ball towards the hoop. He watched it soar closer and closer until it banged off the side of the rim. Missed?

A brief wind blew as the ball went bouncing to the left. Chasing after the ball Charles couldnt help but think to himself. How could a child of Apollo have such terrible aim? Picking the ball back up, he looked back towards the hoop and stared. "Am I the only child of Apollo that isnt great with aiming." The words came out instead of staying in his head. There had to be a way to fix his problem, there just had to be. The last thought lingered for a while as Charles dribbled around the court again, waiting for an answer to pop into his head.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: [Private] It cant be that different. Can it?   [Private] It cant be that different. Can it? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 8:47 pm

SookiJung
Daughter of Hypnos | God of Sleep

“Don't reveal all your secrets: they might just be your salvation.”

it cant be that different. can it?

Sooki was up a tree as usual, but this time trying to fit the end of her pen back together, which had come loose and nearly unscrewed. It wasn't simply a pen - it had a hidden dart in it. So the last thing she wanted was for it to fall off during her activities and prick herself on it. It had a near toxic amount of sleeping drought and although children of Hypnos had a higher tolerance, they weren't immune to it.

The fixing was going on pretty well until something hit her tree, suddenly shaking it and nearly making Sooki drop her dart-pen. Most people knew that to find Sooki you'd just have to search every tree on campus. If you were lucky, you might just spot a sneaker poking out from between the branches. They usually called out to her. Nobody hit the tree she was on unless they wanted her to drop something on them. The something probably being a mixture of yesterday's iced tea and hot chocolate syrup.

She narrowed her eyes in annoyance and peered down from between the thick leaf cover, making sure she wasn't seen by whoever was down there. A guy around two years older than her was dribbling a basketball. She recognized him from the Apollo cabin. Sooki watched as he aimed for the hoop, then reached into her pocket for a clear marble. As he shot the ball, she threw the marble with the near perfect aim of her previous shurikenjutsu training. It hit the side of the ball with enough force for it to veer off-course and bounce off the side of the hoop.

As she finished screwing on the ed, a thought struck her. Wouldn't it be fun to do that again? A grin spread across the young demigod's face. It certainly would. Oh this game is going to be entertaining. She sat cross-legged, hidden on the branch, tracking the ball's movement.

ROLEPLAY STATS
partner: ShadowThief | muse: 90%

character's mood: brewing mischief
severe confusion may be experienced: cease any attempts to argue your way out.
you are advised to ensure that the psychologist is on your character's speed dial.
layout code and design by sapphire at graphix galore | colour scheme by summer
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
ShadowThief

ShadowThief

PostSubject: Re: [Private] It cant be that different. Can it?   [Private] It cant be that different. Can it? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:11 pm

Another miss? This cant be happening. Charles put his finger in the air and did the old how fast is the wind going trick. He could barely feel the wind brushing past his finger. Something had to be wrong, something wasnt right, something.. He paused and looked around the court. Not a sign of anyone around the courts. Picking the ball up, Charles shot the ball again and again. Each time the ball would just miss and go rolling off in the other direction.

"I have to be the worlds worst Apollo kid." Charles yelled it out a bit louder then he meant to but this was just getting out of hand. Anyone in the camp could tell who the children of Apollo were just by how amazing there aim was at everything. I used to be one of the best basketball players in the state of Florida, and now? Charles felt a sting in the back of his mind. He was letting his Godly father down again. Picking up the ball Charles threw the basketball as hard as he could at the backboard and let it fly across the court. "What am I doing wrong Apollo? For once would you just help me out here" He whispered to himself.

One more try. Just one more shot and if it doesnt drop, I will just walk away. He thought to himself.  Walking over to the tree where the ball had rolled to, Charles felt a gleam in his eye from the sun. Looking up into the tree he could have sworn he had seen someone. "Hello?" He called up to the tree, slightly hoping that it would respond but at the same time he thought. Wouldnt it be weird to talk to a tree?
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: [Private] It cant be that different. Can it?   [Private] It cant be that different. Can it? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:46 pm

SookiJung

title of roleplay

Sooki gave a snort of amusement at the camper as he tried to test the wind. And it was probably that sound that made the guy sense something wrong. Oops. But after a few more shots, she had to stop. Not only because she was running out of marbles, but because she was doubled over helplessly in silent laughter. Suddenly, she heard a "Hello?" right under the tree.

For a moment, Sooki contemplated whether or not she should reply. Then she shrugged. She had to go down and recover her marbles from the grass where they fell anyway. Hooking her legs over the branch, she let herself swing upside down for half a second before letting go and doing a neat tumble in the air. She landed gracefully on the soft, grassy ground without a sound, ending up behind the camper. Many campers described her as 'a ninja or something, sheesh' when she messed around with climbing, but they had no idea how close they were to the truth. She had indeed trained in Japan since young.

Tapping the son of Apollo on the shoulder lightly, she greeted back an easy, "Hey."

ROLEPLAY STATS
partner: someone | muse: 100%

character's mood: unknown
you are advised to ensure that the psychologist is on your character's speed dial.
Back to top Go down
ShadowThief

ShadowThief

PostSubject: Re: [Private] It cant be that different. Can it?   [Private] It cant be that different. Can it? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Charles felt like he was staring at the tree forever actually expecting it to answer back to him. Right as he was about to turn around though, Charles felt a tap on his shoulder. Whirling around he looked at the girl standing in front of him. He wondered if she had came up from behind him or maybe if she came from the tree? No way. He thought to himself. There isnt very many people who could be that nimble and quiet.

Shaking off the thought Charles gave a slight smile and answered back with a curious. "Hello." He waited a few seconds before asking his next question. "When did you get over here?" He asked politely. Moving the basketball under his arm, Charles could feel the sun start to beat on him a little bit harder as he started to wonder again if that girl had came down from the tree.

"Did you come down here to play basketball?" Charles asked moving the ball from under his arm to his finger, spinning it there like it was nothing at all.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: [Private] It cant be that different. Can it?   [Private] It cant be that different. Can it? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:53 pm

SookiJung

"Around half an hour ago actually. Been watching for the past fifteen minutes." She gave an amused grin and shook her head at his next question.

Sooki darted over to the grassy space at the opposite side of the court and promptly found a marble. "I actually came down to collect these." She held up a clear marble that shone almost invisible in the sunlight. She wondered if he would put two and two together.

ROLEPLAY STATS

character's mood: interest

Last edited by Summer on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ShadowThief

ShadowThief

PostSubject: Re: [Private] It cant be that different. Can it?   [Private] It cant be that different. Can it? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:08 pm

Just my luck. Charles thought to himself. Someone had been watching his terrible aim the entire time. If it wasnt bad enough he had already emberassed himself in front of Apollo, who was probably watching the entire time but now he had emberassed himself in front of another fellow demigod. Her grin wasnt helping matters much as Charles was starting to think there was something behind it.

He took a surprising step back as he watched the her dash across the court and pick up a marble. "You." His anger swelled slightly as he finally figured out what was going on with his aim. "You were throwing my aim off this entire time." It all started to come clear in his mind. The aim was not off by much, just enough to knock it off the side of the rim each time. "Is this how you spend your time here at Camp? Messing with people?" The words came out as more of a yell then they were supposed to.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: [Private] It cant be that different. Can it?   [Private] It cant be that different. Can it? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 10:25 am

SookiJung

Sooki pocketed the marbles, feeling the hard surfaces of the braced glass scrape against each other. The guy finally came to the conclusion. "Certainly me," the daughter of Hypnos agreed, "It was fun while it lasted though." The words were pretty much the same every time a victim of hers discovered the truth. And now was reaction time. Different campers had different reactions; there were fun campers who laughed it off, a few who didn't actually get it, and of course, those who got downright pissed. Yep, this was definitely one of the pissed ones.

"Pretty much actually. People like you need to lighten up okay. I mean, you're all just oh I need to accomplish this and that else I'm a failure and then you miss out on the fun and actual point of doing things because you're way too focused."

Speaking like that was typical of Sooki, she said everything, every single thing, on her mind. And it was all said matter-of-factly. "Okay, maybe I exaggerated a bit. But you're certainly one of those people - I've seen your expression when you aim."

"Anyway," Sooki shot the guy a bright grin, "I'm Sooki. If you Americans can't pronounce it properly or pronounce it like Zukie or Tsukae, just call me Cookie instead. Everyone does. Nice to meet you."

She stuck out her hand. Those who knew Sooki well would suspect everything about her if so much as a hint of a smile appears. Even a handshake. But hey, sometimes a grin is just a grin, a handshake is just a handshake, right?

ROLEPLAY STATS

character's mood: interest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Private] It cant be that different. Can it?   [Private] It cant be that different. Can it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Private] It cant be that different. Can it?
Page 1 of 1