Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] Empty
PostSubject: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 3:19 pm

In the neverending dark of the labyrinth, two girls stalked.
And one is very very bored
Sighing deeply, I turned the next corner, moving maybe three meters ahead of Taylor, who was unfortunately accompanying me. For wood. Why the hell did I need someone tagging along with me, to find wood?
We'd moved on only a little from Alec, and the Camp we'd set up for the night. Or the day? Whatever. Before we'd left I'd found a nice little private spot, as in a dark hole in the tunnel right by where we'd set up, and put on fresh pants, a fresh hoodie and a fresh t-shirt.
My pants were grey like the last ones, with a pretty peach side design, and the hoodie was the same. My top was a darker pink, with the picture of a panda on the front of it, and it said "I'm Not Angry, I Just Don't Like You." My converse were grey, and blue, and pink, and I was wearing silver hoop earrings I'd found at the very bottom of my bag.
For the first time since we'd come in, I was wearing my brown hair down in large curls around my face, cause I didn't really expect anything to go down.

Kicking at the ground, my foot encountered something and I flashed the light I held down, spotting a small, dry piece of stick.
'Hallelujah, praise the lords. We have found the ever mighty stick. Hail stick,' I said sarcastically, bending and picking it up in one swift movement, hefting the nonexistant weight and tucking it under my arm.
Whats that now? Two sticks? Three? At this rate, we'll be dead by the time we have five.

Turning around, I flashed the dim light behind me, and squinted to find the figure of the girl there.
Catching the slight glimpse of her, I reached into the pocket of my hoodie and took out one of the cigarettes I'd left there, at the same time pulling out the lighter and withdrawing my hand.
Once I had them, I stuck the cigarette in my mouth and expertly lit it, drawing a large puff and then flicking some of the ash away.
'What about you Popsicle? Had better luck then me?'

OOC: Popsicle
Clothes: Here
Theme: Monster - Paramore
RP Partner/s: Saph <33
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 9:14 am

xTaylor Brooks
xAs Taylor picked up the second dry stick she had seen, she wondered why on earth they had to split up. The idea did not appeal to her but Rana had already trotted off before she could get the chance to disagree (surprise, surprise). Leaving Alec alone hadn't been one of her plans but between the two, Taylor was convinced that Rana was the one who needed looking after. Miracle how she hadn't set off another one of those stupid traps yet, she thought, but that hadn't stopped her from sneaking a cautious glance at Rana's back every few moments.

"Hallelujah, praise the lords. We have found the ever mighty stick. Hail stick," Rana said, sarcasm dripping from her voice. Taylor shook her head and ignored her. Maybe she could make this feel more tolerable if she didn't open her yap. She hoped Rana would feel the same way. The more sounds they made, the more chances they could get mauled by another one of the labyrinth's monsters. And Taylor was not looking forward to being lunch... or dinner... or breakfast. A soft sigh escaped her lips. She had already lost track of time. Stupid labyrinth.

Her train of thought was broken as Taylor squinted at the sudden brightness courtesy of Rana's flashlight. Her jaws tightened at the sight of the cigarette touching her lips. She could smell the smoke from three meters away. Gross. "Will you stop that?" Taylor hissed through gritted teeth as she waved the two sticks she clutched in her left hand. "I have enough problems without having to deal with lung cancer."
i'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:20 am

I had the vague suspicion Ice-cream had come because she was afraid I'd set off another trap. Which was stupid given how it hadn't not been my fault before. I'm sure I'd know if it was me who set off the trap which had almost stopped our quest before it had started. It was one of those odd, random things which happened and no one (Unless it was Alexis and Popsicle) could be blamed for.

When Taylor didn't take the bait with the stick thing, I settled back into silence, flashing the light in a full circle and then down on the ground.
Life would be more interesting if Smudge hadn't wimped out at the prospect of going into the Labyrinth. I would have been able to tell Taylor the Ice-cream I didn't need her accompanying me for wood, cause my cat could beat her up and down Half Blood Hill before she could blink, for one. For two, he didn't complain about my smoking.
Spotting another one of those amazing sticks, I picked it up and put it with the other two I'd gathered.
We probably wouldn't even be able to start a fire. The wood was all dry and stuff. Didn't wood need to have a reasonable amount of water in it too actually burn? And even if it did burn, dry wood produces more smoke. We'd be smoked like smoked salmon for all those monsters who wanted to eat us.

'Stop what? My addiction? Nah. Even if I wanted to, I didn't bring any of those Nicotine Gum pieces or patches, so I'd just relapse,' I smiled sweetly at Taylor and adjusted the sticks I held again.
She waved her sticks, and I noticed that she only had two, which brought our grand total too.... five. Five sticks. Not even enough to make enough fire to light a cigarette with. We'd need at least double that for a decent fire, given how large the sticks were.
'Please. The Labyrinth's time moves quicker than the above worlds time, but Lung Cancer takes years to develop. You aren't gonna suddenly drop dead, however much I'd like you too. If anything, you'll develop the cells with which Lung Cancer comes from, and then later in life you'll suffer from the cancer.'
My smile grew wider as I took another drag and turned away, flashing my light in front once more.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:59 am

xTaylor Brooks
xTaylor scowled in response to Rana's sweet smile. Her gaze flickered to the cigarette clipped between her fingers. The wisps of smoke curling from its end made her realize the growing heat from the Labyrinth's walls and she huffed, using the back of her hand to wipe away the beads of sweat that gathered on her temple. Even with her hair still up in a ponytail, some stray strands managed to stick to her forehead and the sides of her face and it did nothing to quell the heat that was making the daughter of Khione uncomfortable.

"Please," Rana continued. "The Labyrinth's time moves quicker than the above worlds time, but Lung Cancer takes years to develop. You aren't gonna suddenly drop dead, however much I'd like you too. If anything, you'll develop the cells with which Lung Cancer comes from, and then later in life you'll suffer from the cancer."

Taylor's blue eyes blazed under the minimal light. With her constant struggle with amnesia and the inconvenience brought about by this little expedition, her temper was not one to be tested. Her eyes narrowed into slits when Rana turned away and the rough wood bark dug into her palms as she crushed the sticks in her grip. She would have to ditch her original plan to ignore the daughter of Eris. It was time to let her know that Taylor Brooks was not one to be messed with.

The stale Labyrinth air shifted around her, dropping a few degrees as the little moisture on the walls and the floor froze in Taylor's wake. Oblivious to the ice forming from the limited amount of liquid in the area, Taylor quickened her pace until she was side-by-side with Rana. With one swift movement, she snatched the cigarette from the brunette's hands. She dropped it for good measure and, keeping her eyes trained on Rana's face, crushed the stick into bits of ashes and tobacco under her shoe.

Taylor smiled sweetly, mimicking Rana's from before. "Oops."
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:03 pm

Her scowl just made the whole thing better, and I smiled wider.
'Come in Popsicle. Lighten up!' I told her in happy tones, turning away and taking another long drag of the cigarette.
The smoke curled from the end, white in the light from the flashlight, and stinking horribly. Even I had to admit the smell of cigarette smoke was worse than many other smells. But it was relaxing after so long, and it was one of the only perks of being in the Labyrinth.

There was little warning as Taylor quickened her steps and walked beside me instead of behind me. There was absolutly no warning of her hand suddenly flashing out and snatching the cigarette I held expertly.
'Hey! Hey hey hey! Give it back!' I gushed, stopping dead in my tracks and dropping the sticks I'd gathered by my feet.
But it was much too late, and my poor friend ciggy was soon just a pile of ashes on the ground.

Anger flared up inside me, and I glared at the reddish haired girl in front of me, seething.
'You shouldn't have done that Hair Failure.'
I hadn't expected it, but suddenly the few sticks which had fallen from my grasp as I'd attempted to take back the cigarette flared up, flames spurting into the air. I jumped back out of the way, sadly noting that with the fire, brought smoke, and with the fire and smoke, brought no sticks from me.
'Really hope your happy now,' I growled, giving her a "Kill-You-Dead" death stare.

:/:/OOC: Reeeeally bad post, and no coding cause I'm crap at using this laptop :/ Its like tiny.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 3:24 am

xTaylor Brooks
xThe smug smile still playing on her lips, Taylor took a few steps back and shrugged, holding both hands up. "Life's not fair," she said. "Deal with it."

That was when fire burst forth from the sticks Rana had dropped. She jumped back as well, putting more distance between her and the flames. The smoke now swirling around the cramped space made her retch. The stench was so awful. "What the hell?" Taylor managed to choke out through her pinched nose. The smoke was thickening fast and she could barely see Rana through the dark curtain of fumes. The girl's death stare had not intimidated her the least bit. It only seemed to infuriate her more, from the looks of it. "Yeah, real freaking happy now, thank you. What's the big idea, Hothead?"

She glanced at the blackening wood between them, her thoughts racing. How the hell did she manage to do that?
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 12:07 pm

I hated the smug smile on Popsicle's face, and vaguely registered that it was like those childish things teachers told you when you were younger: If you don't like it yourself, why do it to someone else?
Oh, I don't know. Maybe because people are annoying and its more fun to annoy them than speak to them?
'Look. You didn't pay for those cigarettes. For little pieces of paper wrapped around tobacco, they actually cost quite a lot of money. So do not start educating me about Life Being Unfair and having to deal with it when I paid good money for them.'

The smoke was stick and stung my eyes, which I was sort of ashamed of. I'd been smoking for years, and you'd think I'd be used to the smoke that came from them little sticks, wouldn't you? But the sticks were dry, and the smoke was thick, and the stench out of them was just nasty. I had to blink against the sudden dryness in my eyes, and cover my mouth with a sleeve, trying to hold back the cough which came from deep down.
'Oh shut up Popsicle. Afraid a little smoke and fire will melt your iciness?'

But opening my mouth to the smoke and taking the sleeve down so my voice wouldn't be muffled was obviously the wrong decision, and I doubled over, the cough I'd been managing to hold back erupting suddenly, along with some friends.
It was one of those terrible lung hacking coughs, which I wasn't able to stop for the life of me.
I Settled on the idea to cover my mouth with my sleeve once more and hope the horrible coughs would stop after a few minutes. The lack of being able to take oxygen through my mouth made me sorta lightheaded, and I fought to suck in a few deep breaths.
'Moving... would... be... good... yes?' I managed to cough out, not even bothered with one of my usual retorts.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 12:48 pm

xTaylor Brooks
xTaylor's mouth would have dropped open if it wasn't for the excessive smoke threatening to choke her down. Was Rana actually complaining about cigarettes and money? After all the crap she had been put through, Taylor found this laughably annoying. Before she could let loose the witty retort that rose to her lips, the stench hit her like a ton of bricks. She gagged, her eyes watering as she quickly backed away. Perhaps she was better off not speaking. Rana did not seem to fare so well, inhaling a lot of smoke and all that. And I thought she was a smoker, Taylor thought in amusement.

She had already steered clear of the smoke long before Rana made the suggestion, effectively putting a ten-foot distance between her and the burning sticks. The stench hadn't totally left her though. Who knew that dry sticks could emit such godawful smell? Feeling a little light-headed herself, Taylor threw a look over her shoulder. "You coming or what?" she barked at the gray clouds. Her voice sounded muffled - she had used the front of her shirt to cover her mouth and nose. "You better not pass out!" I am so not up to carrying your unconscious body out of this maze...

Taylor glanced over her shoulder, her gaze slightly softening. Wait, did she actually look concerned..?
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:55 pm

Another hacking cough doubled me over for another moment, and instead of holding two hands over my mouth (which was probably the safest option), I put out one hand, feeling along the wall. I closed my eyes, the dry stinging too much to bear. It didn't help Popsicle wasn't speaking a whole lot, so I had no idea which way to go.
Well there's left and there's right. Backwards, forwards. Seeing as though we've had a bad experience with right, lets just do the right thing for once and go left.
Considering I was the smoker in the group, I wasn't doing really good in this situation. My argument was cigarette smoke had a different texture to this poison. Cigarette smoke was thinner (and slightly blue), and it was inhaled like you'd inhale oxygen (only with a different taste, and a different feeling when it was inside). This smoke was putrid in both smell and texture, and I'd taken a good few lung fills of it.

'Possibly... dying... of,' I coughed again, opening my eyes and blinking against the dryness again, 'smoke... inhalation.'
Yes. Dying of smoke inhalation. For a smoker, that's pretty hilarious Rana. You inhale smoke daily, hourly even. And now some black smog has you coughing and spluttering? Seems almost like Irony in all honesty. Your lungs are filled with disgusting smog, and yet you have the biggest chance of anyone else in Camp to die of lung cancer.
I had to fight a bitter laugh at that, realizing that it wouldn't do a very good job at keeping the horrible ugly black smoke from entering my lungs.

I rolled my dry, dry eyes at her remark about passing out, continuing to move along the wall. My head wouldn't be clear until I was able to breath better air.
It got worse for a few moments, as I walked past the part where the sticks had actually fallen, the smoke there thick and sickly, seeming to be like water.
Right. Best to motor on then.
Which I did.
I emerged from the cloud of blackness to see Taylor looking over her shoulder, her gaze not as hard (Or as angry) as I would have imagined. Was that a look of concern? Of course not. Popsicle wouldn't be concerned about me.
I continued until I was right beside her, and then I coughed again, shaking my head at the clouds of black smoke, already wanting to move away to cleaner air.
'Not out... of the fire yet. There should be... better air.. up further.'
The smell was worse seeming now, and it was only a matter of time before the smoke spread.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 7:56 am

xTaylor Brooks
x"About time," Taylor muttered. Her face hardened once more when Rana emerged. Thank the gods she wasn't knocked out. She wasn't quite sure if she could force herself into going back to where the smoke was thickest just to pull Rana's unconscious form to safety. If worse comes to worst she would have passed out as well and the two of them would die of suffocation. The thought sent chills down her spine.

As if to prove Rana's point, the smoke wafted to Taylor's face and she hastily tried to wave the fumes away. Give it a few more seconds and they thick clouds would obscure their vision entirely, not to mention rob them of whatever oxygen left.

"And that's our cue to hurry the hell up," Taylor said and regretting it almost immediately - the fact that she opened her mouth again just meant taking in more of those stupid toxic fumes. She started moving faster, the closest she could get to running at this point, but stopped when she looked back at Rana and realized just how much smoke she had ingested. Definitely much more than hers. She might not make it.

Oh for the love of the gods...

Shifting her arm so that it covered her nose, she seized Rana's hood and gave it a harsh tug, almost as if to drag the girl away if the situation called for it. Taylor very much hoped that it wouldn't come to that.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 12:43 pm

I disregarded the moment where I'd thought I saw a look of concern on her face. Nope. Popsicle was just as disgustingly obnoxious as usual, with her stupid "About time"'s.
Didn't anyone ever teach her manners? Like the kind your mommy and daddy tell you when you're like seven? "Don't ever rush a mean girl who smokes when she's coming from a thick wall of smoke in a Labyrinth." Surely they'd mentioned that to her over dinner once or twice?
And there was the hardened face I was used to seeing on Popsicle's features. Yep. Back to normality.

Using the hand I had yet to press tightly to my mouth again, I wafted some of the smoke away from my eyes, not doing a very good job. The sleeves of the jacket I was wearing helped some, but not enough that I could hold off the onslaught of smog. So instead I put it to my mouth with my other hand, and breathed deeply, trying to suck in some good air before it was gone.

'Hurrying... equals good. But... rest a moment?'
A wave of nausea passed over me and I had to force myself to close my eyes and breathe through my sleeve as deep as humanly possible, even if the air I was taking in was slightly tainted. Stupid ugly black smoke coming from equally stupid ugly sticks.
Your fault destructo-gal. When was the last time you tried to balance your chi thing? Couple nights before coming on the quest? Well. Seeing the results of that now aren't you?

A very sudden tug around my neck pulled me back to earth. My head jerked back and I gasped, realizing it was the wrong move a split second too late, although the insistent tugging on my neck distracted me from the inhalation of yet more smoke. Straightening I turned and broke Taylor's grip on my hood, raising an eyebrow.
'No resting. Note... taken,' I said in a voice horribly crackly.
Forget smoke for a while and move
Taking my own advice I walked a few paces forward as fast as I could, short on breath, but desperate to get out of this tunnel.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 7:13 am

xTaylor Brooks
xTaylor rolled her eyes. Yeah, Rana. Resting in an underground tunnel full of black smoke is definitely a good idea. She kept her mouth shut though. With one hand still holding on to the girl's jacket, Taylor began to move once again. The darkening air around her stung her eyes and clogged her nose but she willed herself to keep moving. She couldn't pass out. Not even when her vision was beginning to blur and her lungs were thirsty for oxygen. She was not going to die in this lonely place and join that creepy skeleton they had the pleasure of meeting.

It didn't take long for her to notice that the beam of light from her flashlight was becoming brighter. The smoke thinned as she quickened her steps, pulling Rana along with her through the Labyrinth's random twists and turns, and with a painful huff she finally let go and took a deep breath. At last! Not-so-fresh-but-smoke-free air! What a blessing in this godforsaken place!

Taylor sagged against the cold mossy wall, gasping. Granted, her head hurt and she could still faintly smell the smoke's stench that stuck to their bodies and clothes, but finally! Letting go of her companion's hood, she let her back slide down the wall until she was sitting on the slightly muddy ground. The flashlight and the few sticks she had collected rolled out of her open palm but she made no movement to pick them up. Not just yet.

"This is where we rest," she said without looking at Rana. Her eyes had squeezed shut by now. Oh gods I need an antibiotic.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 8:57 am

Obviously Popsicle was being smarter than I'd been, keeping her mouth shut and everything. Not even a sarcastic comment.
Well, you're the idiot. Always needing to get the last jab in, even when YOU'RE IN A UGLY TUNNEL FULL OF SMOKE! You can't keep your stupid mouth shut, and it gets you into more harm than good. Exhibit A, this situation.
But she had her hand clutching my hood, and since my breath had already been short with the smog, it was getting worse with a her tugging me along. I walked with her, slightly backwards, stopping not an option. If had been just me, I would have sat back where we were. Just sat and given up, because that smoke just brought back memories. I might not have ever been in a smoky room before, where my life was at risk from the thick fumes. But the tightening of my throat, the stinging in my eyes, the coughs. They reminded me of the last year of my normal life, where I'd had a Dad, a Step-Mom, a Sister and a Brother. Where we'd all been slowly getting worse... not knowing why, or how....

Taylor quickened her steps, and I had to speed up. It was an odd feeling, being sorta detached from my body, walking around twists and turns, stumbling slightly over rocks and twigs.
We'll need to get more sticks. Sigh. Well, your fault darling. You can't keep your anger at bay, and then you get into things like this.
Popsicle finally let go with a huff, a pained huff at that, and I breathed deeply through the suddenly clear air. So it wasn't beach air, or forest air, or fresh-half-blood-hill air, but it was air that didn't contain a load of smoke.

I was determined to not follow Taylor down onto the ground, where the ground was slightly wet (And when it was wet, it was obviously muddy). But after standing in a toxic tunnel, a little bit of mud didn't bother me, and most of all, I couldn't physically stay standing.
And so I slid down the wall after her, coming to a rest sitting on the wet ground, my back against the wall. I let my head flop back, and closing my eyes I breathed deeply through my mouth, trying to clear my lungs. Realizing with mild interest I'd been clutching my flashlight with my left hand, I also realized around the same time that I'd been digging my nails into my palm. Not bothered to actually check to see the little half moon marks, I could feel the dips and the slight pain as I loosened my grip and set the light down on the ground beside me.

The air was beautiful! Eyes closed, relaxing against this wall, it seemed like a gods send. Was there a god for clean-nonsmokey-labyrinth-air? If there was, I owed him (or her) a sacrifice or two.
Maybe I could sacrifice Popsicle and Alexis. Or a couple goats. Or even some chickens.
But the feeling of breathing in the air that wasn't disgusting was amazing, and I relished it, savoring the feeling of being able to inhale without a problem, and exhale just the same.

'Resting is good. Peaceful. Nice. I will rest now,' I mumbled to Taylor, eyes still closed, not even turning my head.
I felt like if I did move, my arms would fall off, followed by my head and legs. To be honest though, as long as I had my lungs filled, and I wasn't choking, I was quite happy to give up my arms and legs.

After a few moments, my throat started to ache, the after effects of the smoke. So (eyes still closed), I sat forward ever so slightly and pulled my rucksack off my back, finding the zip and opening the bag slowly, too slowly for my liking. After another few seconds of rooting, I pulled out a full bottle of water, the top not broken yet. I'd sorta been hoping to survive on a couple sips of water a day, seeing as though we didn't know how long we'd be in the labyrinth. But whatever. Water was needed.
It made a satisfying crack when it opened, and holding it too my lips, I gulped down a few mouthfuls, the water as precious to me as the oxygen I was breathing.
Never, ever take water or air for granted again Rana Midnight Jackson.

Remembering that I was with someone else, I opened my eyes and turned my head to Taylor. It took a few seconds of debating to decide if I wanted to hand over my water to a girl I didn't particularly like... but it seemed like a good thing to do.
'Well... Thanks Pop-....' I caught myself before saying Popsicle, reminding myself about manners when someone's just saved your measly life, '...Taylor. Probably would have stayed there if you... hadn't pulled me by my hood. I guess... well thank you. Water?'
And with that I held my water bottle out to her, slightly awkward feeling.

OOC: I sorta rambled in that post lol
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 10:11 am

xTaylor Brooks
xTaylor saw Rana fish out a water bottle and suppressed a groan. She emptied her own hours ago. Maybe she should've thought about saving things like that for a rainy day before gulping it all down like a madman. Too proud to ask for water from Rana of all people, Taylor decided to tough it out and tried to ignore the burning thirst in her throat.

She stretched her legs out in front of her, not giving a care about the mud staining her pants. Worrying about clean clothes was a thing of the past. Folding her arms across her chest, Taylor closed her eyes. Better to doze off right now. Maybe Rana would have enough sense to keep watch.

Her eyes snapped open barely ten seconds later. No, she didn't trust Rana enough to be a lookout.

When Rana spoke, Taylor's eyes slightly widened. "Uh," she said, not having expected a thank you. She was more prepared for a scathing remark about how the smoke was her fault. Taylor gave a stiff nod in response, not really knowing how else to reply. Unusually enough, she wasn't exactly in the mood for a smug 'you're welcome', although that may be because of how her mind was in a fuzz at the moment.

But that wasn't all. To Taylor's surprise, Rana even offered her water. She stared at her, slowly reaching out to take the water bottle. "Thanks," she said simply, the corner of her lips twitching up in a half-smile. She returned the bottle after a few mouthfuls, leaving about two inches of water untouched. It was too warm for her taste, but water was water and it still did a good job quenching her thirst.

Taylor glanced at the direction they came from and sighed. "Problem number one: how do we go back?"
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 10:47 am

Hm.
Not a trick Taylor. I am willingly saying thank you. Take a picture or video, and you can always remember this moment. You can show Alexis and be all smug.
It wasn't like I never said thanks, but I hadn't ever wanted to say it to her. Not cause I'm horrible, but because I'm me.

Slowly, Popsicle reached out to take the water I was offering, I resisted the urge to roll me eyes. I wasn't gonna snatch it away, jeez.
'Welcomes,' I replied to her, just as simply, not making a big deal out of it.
I even gave her a little half smile, and lent back while she drank.

Taking it back, I replaced the cap carefully and left it on the wet ground, knowing that it wasn't worth putting away two inches of water. Might as well keep it out, and if I needed it, I could drink it. Or Taylor could. Whoever.
I followed her gaze, and shrugged.
'Dunno. Wall of smoke that way though. So it looks like we'll have to walk the other way.'
Then I realized we weren't with Alec.
Crap.
'But the labyrinth changes. We're gonna have to find another way back to Alexis.... Or we could just leave him. Either works.'

OOC: I sorta rambled in that post lol
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 10:59 am

xTaylor Brooks
xTaylor slapped a hand to her face. This was exactly why she didn't trust Rana to keep watch. The girl would probably leave her without a second thought if a hungry chimera decided to wander their way.

"You are actually considering leaving him alone in this hellhole. Why am I not surprised?" Taylor said dryly, reaching for her flashlight and twirling it around her hand. The sticks seemed useless now. They had needed it for fire and now, with some of them accidentally having served their purpose, Taylor realized that it wasn't such a good idea after all.

"If the labyrinth changes... oh gods that just makes everything harder." Taylor looked up, seeing nothing but darkness. "We should've brought him along."
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 11:18 am

'Well... I'm just saying, we might be better off if we don't look for him. The Labyrinth would know we're moving trying to find a way to the other person in it, and it would send us a different way on purpose. So if we don't... we might stand a better chance of actually finding him.'
I picked up my own flashlight, though I held it loosely, letting it point at the ground instead of having it pointed in front of me.

I nodded in agreement though, and stood carefully, holding onto the wall until I was up. Then I sorta turned to the way we'd come, and then turned the other way.
'Both ways look the same. Which means we're not on Level 5 difficult now, we're on Level 20 difficult. Like in Mario, when you're like crap this tower is hard, and then you realize that there's a castle at the end of the world you need to do, and that its like six times worse than the tower.'
Has Taylor even ever played Super Mario Brothers?
'Basically, it was hard when we thought "Crap the Labyrinth changes". Now its just gotten harder, cause all the ways look the exact same.'

Turning back to Taylor, I raised and eyebrow and my smile grew.
'If we'd brought him, you may very well have had to pull two people out of that other tunnel. At least he hasn't had to swallow a load of black smog. He's safely back there without a burning throat.'

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 11:36 am

xTaylor Brooks
xTaylor cocked an eyebrow. Was it just a plot to get her off Alec's back? "So we find Alec by not trying to find him. That makes an awful lot of sense," she said, unconvinced.

She tried her darnedest not to look confused at the Mario talk. She supposed it was some sort of game, but if she ever had the chance to play it before, she sure as hell didn't remember any of it now. Just the perks of being an amnesiac. Despite her growing annoyance with her condition, Taylor nodded and believed that she got the gist of everything Rana said, minus the towers and the other crap.

"I don't think I would've needed to drag him out," she said, smirking a little. "I mean, he might have enough sense not to try resting in there."
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 11:53 am

She probably thought I was trying to not find Alec at all, but really, what I'd said made sense to me.
'Okay I actually want to find him. Of course, if you tell him that, I will deny ever saying it and tell him you're making it up. And he'll believe me cause I've never actually made any effort. The Labyrinth isn't just a normal tunnel. It grows and stuff. It moves around, has set up traps and everything. If I'm being honest, it makes a lot more sense to not look for him, then it does to look for him.'

Making a note to drag Taylor to a Wii and play Super Mario Brother's with her sometime, I almost started planning the game. She'd do pretty awesome in a Penguin suit. Or with the Ice Power. If I voiced that to her though, and she did have experience with the game, she'd probably retort that I'd be the fire suit.
I watched her nod, coming to the conclusion she probably knew of the game, even if she hadn't ever played it.

Rolling my eyes (Again), I shook my head.
'No. Alexis would have just panicked and done something stupid. And I didn't really intend to rest there. Obviously I knew that was the wrong thing to do.'
Hahahahaha not.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 12:05 pm

xTaylor Brooks
xIt made a little more sense now and Taylor could see where Rana was getting at. No way was she going to admit that out loud though. Her pride wouldn't let her. Instead, she shrugged and acted nonchalant about it. "Whatever you say," she said airily. "Not like we have a better plan."

Taylor snorted and made a face, clutching at her throat. "Hurrying is good but... rest a moment?" she mimicked in a high-pitched voice. She thought it was a passable imitation. Snickering, Taylor shook her head and crossed her arms over her chest again. "Yeah, right. Like you're fooling anyone with that."

ooc: pardon the shortness
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:04 pm

I smiled wryly at her shrug and nonchalant attitude to it, hoping I had least convinced her.
Which evidently, I have.
'If we had a better plan, I'd be the first to voice it. But this seems to be the only one which makes sense, so its probably the best one we can use.'

Angrily, I turned on my heel and stormed down the opposite way to where Taylor was, which was down the left side. We'd come from the right, so left it was on short notice.
'Shut up Popsicle.'
The tunnel I'd walked down didn't go straight however, and instead, a couple meters away from my companion, there was a fork. Left or right.
'Well. Looks like its decision time,' I muttered, and however much I was angry at Taylor, I was reluctant to walk away from her too far.
And anger is never the answer Rana, apparently. Let that anger take hold again, and you're screwed. What would be next? Another fire? Making the tunnel collapse? Keep your mouth shut, and count to ten, cause otherwise it could get a whole lot worse... er.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:26 am

TAYLOR BROOKS
Wow. Hothead, much? Taylor shot up to her feet the instant Rana walked away, taking the nearly empty water bottle with her as she did. Water was a limited resource in a place like this and she would rather not waste a single drop, even if Rana didn't seem to share her way of thinking. She slipped the bottle inside her bag as she tried to catch up with the other girl, awkwardly fumbling with her flashlight and the sticks while doing so. Taylor didn't really know what to do with the sticks anymore. Lighting them up would produce a similar scene from earlier and she had no wish of choking to death. Still, they might come in handy. Maybe she could chuck them at a monster as some kind of distraction if they ever came across another one.

Still snickering a little, Taylor stopped just when Rana did, noticing the fork as well. Her grin fading, she aimed her flashlight on both paths but it provided no clue to what they were facing off against. The beam of light could only flicker feebly in the pitch-black tunnels ahead.

"Flip a coin or something," Taylor suggested. She really didn't want to have to decide. What if the path she chose led to a hungry fire-breathing chimera? Rana would never shut up about it.
coded by sapphire

ooc: i am so sorry for the lateness. i only just remembered oTL
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:39 am

Crap... I left the water... now I can't even refill the bottle if the time comes...
Instantly though, I dismissed the thought. Taylor seemed like one of those people who would savor even the tiniest little bit of water which would be left in a bottle. I knew she was following me, from the sound of her footsteps. She'd probably picked the bottle up.
'A dramatic walkout only works when you aren't followed,' I mumbled unhappily, but didn't spend too much time caring.
I wouldn't admit it, of course, but I was sort of grateful she was even still here. I was pretty sure that even I would not want to be alone in the Labyrinth. At least having Taylor there provided some sense of safety, cause at least there would be two to fight if we came up against something horrible.

I probably would have held out a hand to hold her back if she'd decided to walk straight down one of the tunnels, but she stopped as I did, her snickering fading with her grin.
That's right popsicle. Another choice. The last one didn't go too well for us, did it?

'Flip a coin and leave it to some Goddess of Luck to decided if we're going to be eaten today or not? I'd rather approach this in a more... well a way which doesn't rely on luck. Given the luck we've been having since we've come into the Labyrinth, I doubt we'd come out top if we did do something like that.'
Thinking about it, I peered down the left tunnel and then down the right, hoping to see something down one of them which would make me choose the other. Nothing. They were identical, unfortunately.
Suddenly inspired, I fished my lighter out of my pants pocket, and holding it too the mouth of the left tunnel I clicked it on. The flame didn't move unnaturally, instead bobbing normally. Stepping to the mouth of the right tunnel, I repeated the process. But this time the flame moved, and then went out. 
'Well, there's a breeze coming from the right way. Now, that could mean something good, or it could mean some wind blowing monster is sitting at the end. Why not just... choose? Like, we'll just choose a tunnel based on something. Maybe what hands we write with? If we each write with different hands, and so can't decide, then we'll try the flipping a coin option.'

OOC: Popsicle
Clothes: Here
Theme: Monster - Paramore
RP Partner/s: Saph <33
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]   I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm Not The Villain, Despite What You're Always Preaching [Saph/Quest Related Topic]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: