Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] Empty
PostSubject: You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]   You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:06 am

Matthew, with his hands on his pockets, stared up at the rumbling Climbing Wall. A streak of lava made its way to his feet, but he simply stepped out of its way. He smiled a challenging smile, and walked on closer to the waiting line in the wall.

The day had been uneventful for Matthew. Because of that, he decided to challenge himself at the Climbing Wall. It had been a while since he'd tried this out. Today, it was on his list of Things-to-do, together with helping in the Infirmary, cleaning weapons in the armory (where he was met with cold glares by Hephaestus kids), and lastly, cleaning the lake. Naiads had thrown the garbage to him. That's why his clothes reeked a little, and his polo sleeve dripping wet.

He was just over to the end of the line when he noticed a familiar face. His face immediately soured. He averted his gaze, and just decided to mind something else. His turn came, and with a quick, lithe jump, he started the challenge.
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]   You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:02 pm

(Ooc: Okay so I might get this all wrong because I'm not entirely sure how the climbing wall exactly works.. xD)

You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] Create.php?text=Gemma%20Arwin&name=leaguescriptnumberone
---Female---17---Aphrodite---

Gemma had decided that today she would face the climbing wall, she came here at least once a month sometimes more to practice doing it, recently she's been doing well with it so there wasn't much for worry in her eyes as she was in the line. She watched other people go on it and then there was some others in the line that cheered some people on.

She watched as one kid went and he was almost near the top but later he lost all grip and he fell, that was almost a deadly thing to do, there was a small hold up as they got the guy out of there and took him out to the hospital wing. Gemma shook her head. That was just foolishness although it could happen to anyone really. Soon the line continued anyway and more people went and got over the wall.

Soon enough she looked and saw the familiar face, she looked at him for a moment before turning away. She then just continued to watch people as she naturally did. Soon enough the familiar face was going up on the climbing wall.

(ooc: If you want Gemma to go at the same time or something let me know and I can edit it in.)

Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]   You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 4:34 am

Matthew exhaled. He was making progress, but the lava was now catching up with him. "Ts," he sneered. He grabbed a much wider crevice, stepped on a foothold. He launched himself up with a quick kick of the foothold. The foothold gave up, and rocks fell into the earth. Matthew was left hanging on to the crevice, and standing on a single spire of rock.

Then, the walls started rumbling. Matthew instantly was alarmed. He was more than halfway up, but still, Matthew didn't take it easily. He can't move on to the other wall. It would take too much time, and before he could even collect himself when he do that, the walls would clash together and flat him.

In this instance, Matthew considered timing it. The rumblings got stronger, and the walls started moving. When he can touch the other wall, he kicked the spire of rock he was standing on to, and launched himself up. The momentum wasn't enough, but that's why Matthew waited so he can touch the other wall. He kicked again on the other wall, until he was up.

He'd made it. Matthew breathed deeply.

He looked down, and saw Gemma still waiting on the line. He decided to wait onto the top, just to see if she can pass the challenge or not. If yes, then good. If no.... Matthew can only hope she can do it. After all, failing the Climbing Wall usually means weeks in the infirmary.

ooc: gemma can follow, i guess?
Back to top Go down
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]   You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 1:20 am

You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] Create.php?text=Gemma%20Arwin&name=leaguescriptnumberone

Gemma watched as Matthew had made it up the climbing wall safely, he was lucky have gotten up there safe, he almost hadn't gotten up there and then that mean it was time for Gemma's turn. She calmed down the last bit of nerves she had and then she went up and began to climb on the wall.

Soon the wall would shake a bit and Gemma almost lost grip a few times, she happened to keep it and she advanced on finding secure spots of her feet, although with that time the lava had been getting near her. She just hoped she didn't get too injured by any of this. Quickly Gemma sprung up and snatched hold of part of the wall. She looked down and knew even if she fell now, it wouldn't be pleasant.

After a bit of trying to get to the top, Gemma realized an error in the way she took. It wasn't going to be easy at all to get to the top now, she was so far away from another place to keep hold on the wall from. Soon she knew she had to pull a risky choice of trying to jump to the other one, but that wasn't going to be easy and the chances of her succeeding were very slim.

Taking a deep breath in she had to act fast on this one, she started to go but stopped and she didn't want to fall to her possible death or to weeks in the medical wing. Gemma made a silent prayer and then quickly went to jump. When her feet landed she was relieved but then she heard cracking sounds and she held onto a tree branch as her footing beneath her crumbled and went down. At this point Gemma was scared for her life and she knew eventually the branch would crack or her hands would lose grip. After a few minutes of hanging there her fingers were slipping, and she was scared. Gemma closed her eyes shut tight and then her fingers let go and she let out a scream.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]   You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:38 am

Matthew sat on his heels and watched Gemma do her part. He was satisfied. It seemed the girl could do it. He stood up. All his worries are for nothing. Still, he felt a certain kind of tug that he couldn't place. He glanced at Gemma again as she sprung up and got a hold of the wall, now certain. He turned around.

Matthew now would decided what to do next with his life. The option of resting at Cabin 2 was out--it was simply to noisy for Matthew's liking. But he would eventually have to go there, though, to change his clothes. He was ready to go down the climbing wall when he heard a familiar voice shouting.

Matthew quickly turned around in time to see Gemma falling. Crap, he thought. In reflex he acted. He simply jumped. He kicked the rumbling wall to gain more speed. Just before Gemma was smashed flat, he caught her arm. His free hand managed to grab a random branch. When they were steady enough, he glared at Gemma.

"Just what do you think you are doing? Do you want to live in the Infirmary?" he asked sarcastically to Gemma as he tightened his grip on her as he attempted to pull her up. Wrong move. The rope gave up, and they both fell down. "Crap," he said as he steadied himself.
Back to top Go down
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]   You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Gemma wasn't aware of anything that had been happening, she just knew soon she'd hit the ground and she would be the one in the infirmary for weeks or months. She had her eyes closed shut and then she felt no motion of moving, and there was something gripping onto her arm. Gemma was shocked and she opened her eyes and she saw him there. Was she dead? Was just imagining things? But then came the harsh words of Matthew. She sighed.

Gemma didn't have anything to say to him really, and she didn't know what to say she was still in a state of shock for what happened with her situation. She kept trying to open her mouth but then he tried to pull them up and that made them fall, luckily it wasn't a big fall and soon enough she manged to steady herself and she hadn't realized she had clung onto him trying to steady herself.

"I'm.. I'm sorry." She said softly, apologizing for the whole thing and she let go of him. She still didn't know why, he had decided to save her from weeks of being in the infirmary. He didn't have to, and she looked up at him, "Thank you." She said softly.

Shortly a few medics came in to check Gemma for anything that could be alarming, then they checked Matthew and left. She looked over at him again, by now they were no longer in the way, her eyes switched to the ground,
"Why?" She asked him, "Why did you do it?"
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]   You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:37 am

Matthew didn't notice it at first. He kept on trying to steady himself, but had a little difficulty. He then noticed Gemma, using him as a support The girl probably was still in a state of shock. He let her position herself, before taking a step back, and sat cross-legged at the grass. Then, the medics came. He frowned, waiting for the medics to get done with him. Seriously, he wasn't hurt. He gave them cold glares, and that probably pissed them, too.

He ignored Gemma's sorry. How many times had she said sorry to him? He kept silent. After all, he wasn't at all used to a single sorry, much less a thank you. Matthew glanced at Gemma. Before she could see his cheeks colored up a bit red, he gazed at the ground.

"It's nothing," he said quietly, no hint of sarcasm in his voice. The medics finally were out, leaving him alone with the girl. He looked questioningly at her. "I don't like people getting hurt before me." He averted his eyes to the ground. "I try to be good sometimes," he murmured.

ooc: I'm practically oozing with sweetness to these two
Back to top Go down
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]   You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:54 am

Gemma had come over to sit on the grass with him and that's when they were briefly talking but also not really, she had only asked why he did it. She had been waiting for awhile but then he had opened his mouth and she looked up at him as he spoke, although a few times he was looking down rather than up. That made Gemma briefly look down for a moment and then she just looked off to the climbing wall in the distance, watching people climb up and make it.

She didn't know what to say right away and she was rather silent. Gemma was now looking down at the ground and ran her fingers through the grass a bit. "But.." Gemma started and then couldn't finish what she had to say, she cut herself off completely. Gemma looked off to the distance again before speaking again.

"But, that's not how it's supposed to work." She said softly looking at the ground. Small flash backs of her past replayed in her mind and she shut her eyes and kept them closed and then opened them, "I just, if it was someone else you didn't know, I bet you wouldn't do it. So why me?" She asked him looking over at him. She remembered he had said he tried to be good sometimes and she looked at him again, "Everyone has a little bit of good in them, it's just up to them on whether they want to use and how much they use it, and some people just ignore it completely."
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]   You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 5:01 am

Matthew gritted his teeth, the red in his cheeks not completely fading out. Boy, Gemma wouldn't let him get away with it, would she? He could sense the determination in her voice. Silence passed between them, and Matthew made good of it. He spent it thinking.

Matthew thought of a way to explain it. In fact, he acted on instinct, on sheer reflexes. When Gemma said that it's not how its supposed to work, he knew it was true. Saving someone, with the reason of I do not like somebody getting hurt before me was not just acceptable. So what was his reason, exactly?

"I don't know," Matthew confessed. "I just know it was you, so I had to... save you." He ruffled his hair after, completely confused and off-the-track. Was that the right answer? He didn't know himself. On the other comment, he had to smile a little. "Yeah. It feels good when you help someone." He was completely new to this feeling, alien to it. But when he did admit, it sent a warm feeling to his heart.
Back to top Go down
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]   You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 12:36 pm

Gemma didn't know what to do while the silence passed, so she continued to play with the grass and the earthy feel underneath her fingers. She sighed softly and looked down and closed her eyes for a bit. She let the wind pass through and it blew her hair slightly and she smiled to herself a bit.

Soon, Gemma was caught up in all her thoughts, she remembered when just the other day, after three years of being at camp she had finally been claimed by her mother. She always had a feeling about who that was, although all her thoughts were stopped right then and there, and she opened her eyes, nothing had been said still in their silence, between Matthew and Gemma. Gemma decided to cross her legs at this point and then looked up a bit.

Finally, he said something back. Gemma listened to him to see what he had to say.The answer he gave though didn't register in her head at first and then when it did, some redness came to her own cheeks. "You're letting your guard down, Gemma, gosh!" was a passing thought in her head, it almost made her close right up again. Gemma scooted forward a bit so she was sitting directly in front of him. She rested a hand on his,
"Thank you, you saved me from a long time in the infirmary, and you possibly saved me from my death, I really can't thank you enough." Gemma said softly and then kissed his cheek.

Gemma then gave him a small smile.
"I'll try to make it up to you some how." She whispered softly and then after that, she didn't say much else, she didn't know what to say or do at this moment and she just averted to look down, "Sorry." The blonde said apologizing.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]   You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:29 pm

Fortunately for Matthew, he'd collected his thoughts enough. He wasn't that lost as he had been before. The red in his cheeks had faded, and he trusted himself enough to look at Gemma in the eye. But then, he was stunned when he found her in front of him. Matthew's eyes locked into hers, and he was too stunned to look away.

It was then that Gemma kissed him in the cheek, and before rested a hand on his. Matthew blinked twice quickly and his eyebrows furrowed. The red in his cheeks, faded before, now was back. "I-It was nothing, really," he stammered.

Matthew exhaled. "Nah. You can make it up by being careful. That's just what I want. And," Matthew added, "stop saying sorry. It's... intimidating," he admitted sheepishly. Why was she saying sorry, Matthew didn't know. As far as he knew, there was nothing to be sorry of now. She'd been saved from weeks in the infirmary, from injuries.
Back to top Go down
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]   You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:22 am

Gemma hadn't known what else to say at this point and she looked down for a moment and sighed a bit. She knew there wasn't much for either to say at the moment. She knew she saw a side of Matthew today that she hadn't really seen before. Gemma gave a small smile at that thought and then she felt the wind pick up a bit, blowing softly and it moved her hair a bit. The silence passed by a bit but off in the distance you could hear the kids talking to each other over at the climbing wall.

She coughed for a moment to clear her throat and then she looked up at him.
"Okay, I'll try not to say sorry anymore." She said with a grin on her face. She only expected the silence to surround them and at that point Gemma had decided it'd probably be best if she leaved to go to her cabin and just relax for the the rest of the day. Soon she got up from where she was sitting and she dusted off any loose grass that might have been on her and she looked at him again, "I'm uh, going to go to my cabin now, I think it's probably best for right now as of this moment."[/color] She said and then she looked off into the distance and then back to him, "See you around?" She asked.

(Sorry i took so long, just when you told me you had no muse, I lost mine after hearing that and through my own silly angst I ended up not posting, but now I've posted. I also did get busy for a bit.)
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]   You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:00 pm

Matthew actually returned the smile Gemma gave him. It was a sweet smile that you do not see in his face for a while. He patted her hands. "That's better. I wasn't really used to a sorry, much less a thank you." Did he actually admit that? Well, yes, he did. This girl really made him get honest about his feelings. Then he stood up. He withdrew his hand from her. He thought it would be rude, but he didn't dislike it. He couldn't yet comprehend this feeling.

Soon then Gemma would say goodbye to him. Right now did only Matthew realized he didn't know what cabin Gemma belonged to. On their not-so-lovely first meeting they bickered and quarreled and did not get to know each other. He just sighed as he remembered the things he told her back then. And he was the one who should say sorry, right? "This may be sudden," he said before she could get out of hearing distance, "but which cabin do you live in?" He then pointed to himself. "I'm a son of Morpheus, residing at cabin two."

He then nodded on her next question--a hopeful question to Matthew's ears. Would they see each other around again sometime? "Yeah, of course." Matthew hesitated for a while, and then spoke in a much louder voice. "I'm sure we'll see each other again at the Stables, when it's my turn to clean. I saw your name on its list of cleaners." Another nice meeting--cleaning. At least they'd meet again.

Wait, why was he hoping to really meet her once again?

(it's okay, take your time c: and now I've got tons of muse :D and also, I made up the list thing in the stables)
Back to top Go down
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]   You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:52 am

Gemma had begun to walk away slowly when she had told him she was going to leave, she had wanted to stay in ear shot of anything he had to say. She really was interesting in what he would have to say, and she smiled a bit when he smiled back at her. He seemed happier after she had said that she was going to try and stop saying sorry to him, sometimes she couldn't help it. She may be a little rude here and there but really she only did that because she had to.

Soon she could hear him asking her what cabin she lived in and he mentioned he was in two. Gemma grinned to herself and then opened her mouth to say her old cabin number that she was in before she was claimed and then closed her mouth and realized she was claimed now she had a godly parent.
"I'm a daughter of Aphrodite, you'll most likely find me in cabin 10." She said loud enough for him to hear.

Then he mentioned that they might meet again at the stables and for some reason that brought on a wider smile, she got to see him again? For some reason that made her happy to hear. It was strange how the first time they met they bickered but now they got along just fine. "Oh, well see you then! Lets hope it's not too early in the morning, don't want you to be grumpy." She said with a small laugh and gave him a small wave before walking out of hearing shot.

(I don't see the list thing in the stables D: and we're making another topic somewhere else, yes?)
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]   You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 6:10 am

Matthew watched Gemma as she turned around, and her image then made Matthew remember he had seen her already somewhere else. He'd seen her in Cabin Two, the same place where he was residing. But he hadn't seen her mostly there during the past few days... she was unclaimed that time at the Mess Hall, then? His assumption came true when she said she now lived at Aphrodite's Cabin. Her looks proved her one.

Instead of being pissed on hearing insults, Matthew just ruffled his hair. "Yes, yes, I get it," he muttered to himself. "Then I'll sleep late. I'm an expert at sleeping." The son of Morpheus then gave a late wave at the girl, who'd probably just out of her shock.

It would be days again before they see each other. And why the hell was he thinking about seeing her again? Dense, Matthew just set aside the thought and would think of sleeping at some tree branch at the woods. But before that, he should get changed. Cabin Two, that means. He didn't like it, but oh well.

The guy would then sprint out of the place.

(END. yep, doing it at the stables, I guess? Would be nice if they tried out Pegasus riding (aphrodite girls are good at those) and Matthew would fail out nicely)
Back to top Go down
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]   You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:46 am

(I'll go make the topic at the stables then xD)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]   You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You have to be careful, or your gems won't be that lovely [Pandanote]
Page 1 of 1