Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open]   Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 10:47 am

Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open] 523699_333000746754991_100001352040694_827517_1916382486_n_large
Alexandra Louise Whitlock
Daughter of Zeus

The sun barely peeked through the clouds, tinging the sky a light blue. It had just been a few minutes past dawn, but Alex was already in the mess hall. It was obvious that she had just gotten out of bed, seeing that her mess of a hair was pulled up in a bun. Her blinks were unnaturally placed, as if she was forcing her eyes to stay open. Normally Alex would stay in bed, but she had skipped dinner the night before and now she was really hungry. The protests of her stomach could attest to that.

Not many campers were around at this time in the morning. Alex didn't really care as she pulled on the sleeve of her tight-fitting shirt, slowly trudging to where the food was. Thankfully, whoever prepared breakfast already cooked something up. Alex piled two waffles on her plate and grabbed a glass of milk before starting to make her way to the nearest table. She didn't really care about following table rules now. No one was really around to care. Clutching the plate with one hand and the glass in the other, Alex barely registered the faint buzzing that filled the air.

Due to her sleepy state, she didn't really notice what the source of the buzzing was. Imagine her surprise when a black thing flew in her field of vision, the buzzes intensifying as it got close to her face. It was all it took to snap Alex out of her thoughts, shrieking as she jumped and quickly backed away a few steps. In her shock, she accidentally let go of the things she was holding as her frantic gaze fixed on the bee that was now flying away. As soon as the insect was a good distance away from her, Alex heaved a sigh of relief but scowled when she saw that her waffles were now on the ground.

But then, her scowl turned into a gape as she saw what happened to her glass of milk. The glass lay on the ground, but she couldn't say the same for its contents. For now, Alex was staring at the person whose front was now splattered with her milk. This is so not good... "I am so so sorry," Alex said, her voice coming out as a squeak.

The odds were not in her favor today.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
Echo92

Echo92

Location : Uhhhhhhhh ok act natural. IN YO CLOSET! Was that good? Please tell me that was good.

PostSubject: Re: Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open]   Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open] I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 8:09 pm

Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open] 01
TRACY // HERMES \\ GUO
I'm beautiful, and you know it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tracy walked into the mess hall. She guessed that it wasn't normal for the camp to be buzzing at this time in the morning, because there were barely any kids. She was still in her Pj's, but that didn't bother her. She was used to it. Plus, most of the kids were also still in their Pj's. Tracy walked up to counter where the food was being served. She got a few pancakes, a bacon strip, and a glass of OJ. She started walking to the table marked Hermes when a glass of milk spilled all over her shirt. She looked down at her shirt. It was soaked. "I am so so sorry," the girl said. Tracy smiled. "It's okay. It happened to me all the tim-" she stopped herself. She couldn't talk about the orphanage without bursting into tears. "I'm Tracy, by the way. Daughter of Hermes. And you are?"
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open]   Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:17 am

Alex heaved a huge sigh of relief. Thank the gods she had spilled the milk on a nice person. Imagine if she ran into Caleb. Ugh, thinking about it irritated her already. But she brushed that thought off, knowing full well that it was rude to make others waiting in a conversation.

"Alex. Um... daughter of Zeus. Nice to meet you!" she said, her lips stretching into a wide smile. She went to pick up the fallen plate and glass, chucking the now dirty waffles to the trash. She felt a little guilty for throwing food away, but she didn't have any choice, did she? "Sorry. That bee was just too scary. I have a little fear of bugs... wait, maybe it's not that little."

Her eyes swept over Tracey's milk-stained shirt and she frowned. "Um... is there anything I can do?" she said hopefully--her guilty conscience won't let her rest until she did something to make up for this mess.
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

Location : Uhhhhhhhh ok act natural. IN YO CLOSET! Was that good? Please tell me that was good.

PostSubject: Re: Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open]   Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open] I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:55 pm

Tracy shook her head. "No, I'm fine. I can just get on a new shirt on when I go back to my cabin," she said, smiling. She liked this girl, even if she was scared of bugs. She seemed nice, not snobby. Tracy had always thought that children of the Big Three were snobby, because they were better than all the other demigods. She looked down at her shirt, and smelled it. "Oh! I have never smelled milk this good! I would lick it off my shirt, but there are guys around," she said. She looked back at Alex, and smiled.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open]   Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open] I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:34 am

Alex's eyes widened before she burst into giggles. She liked this girl--Tracy had a great sense of humor. Last thing she wanted was a killjoy in this type of situation. "I'll just get you a glass," she said, a trace of laughter still present in her tone as she went to do what she just said.

Moments later she came back and offered her some milk. "Here. Now you won't have to lick it off your shirt." Alex winked. "I still owe you something though. So if you have a favor or anything, like if you need me to fry someone for you--haha, kidding--just feel free to ask. As long as it does not involve bugs."

Alex loaded her plate with waffles again, only barely glancing at Tracy. "How long have you been here?"
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open]   Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open] I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Tracy laughed. "YES! Most people who see me lick my shirt, they make fun of me. And I have had enough bullying." she said. She listened to Alex lecture on and on about owing her. When she asked how long she had been there, Tracy smiled. "Two weeks."
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open]   Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 2:51 am

Alex's eyebrows rose slightly at Tracy's words. Was she serious? She thought she was just kidding with that. A nervous laugh slipped from Alex's lips as she struggled not to think too much of a girl licking her shirt. She had to be careful not to let any reckless retort escape her this time. It looked like Tracy wouldn't take it lightly. It might even pass off as bullying even if Alex didn't mean it like that.

Relieved, Alex jumped at the opportunity to change the subject. "Ah, so that's why you didn't look familiar! I swear, newbies arrive by the hundreds each day... Don't get me wrong, it's always great to see new faces but it can get somewhat overwhelming. I've been here six years, see."
Back to top Go down
Echo92

Echo92

PostSubject: Re: Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open]   Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open] I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Tracy's eyes widened when she heard how long Alex had been at camp. "Siz years? Oh my God, that's a long time. I don't think I could survive camp for a year. How do you do it?" she asked. She was starting to get annoyed by the sticky shirt, so she took it off, showing her pink tank top. She took a sip of her milk that Alex had given her, and sighed.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open]   Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open] I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:48 am

"You'll get used to it," Alex simply told her as she started nibbling on the end of her waffle. "Sure it can get boring, but you just need to learn how to stand it. Some people sneak out just to get away from it all, but that isn't option for me because I'm practically a monster magnet."

The sudden movement of Tracy taking her off her shirt like it was nothing surprised Alex a little. She actually spotted a few boys turning their heads to look, only to shrink away in disappointment when they saw that she wore a tank top underneath. It was quite funny actually. Pervs, she thought, shaking her head in resignation. "I doubt you'll find camp boring at this point in time, so no need to worry," she said, smiling. "Just enjoy it while the excitement lasts."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open]   Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Er... Lovely day, isn't it? [Open]
Page 1 of 1