Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Random Tips

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

Random Tips Empty
PostSubject: Random Tips   Random Tips I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 2:42 am

• Don't a prick
  • If you know how to code, that's great. But you still suck at coding until you know how to make it look good. Just coding a string of code doesn't make your post look better until it actually looks better. It doesn't matter whether it's super complicated a ton of functions and stuff.
  • Experiment with textures
  • Try to make your transitions in between stocks, textures, etc smooth
  • If you cut\cropped something out, make sure that you zoom in a bit and edit the edges (especially if you used the magic wand tool)
  • If you have any question how to do something that you see people doing on tumblr on GIMP, then get Photoshop CS4+
  • You're not good at making graphics till you can make them look good. Again, remember that you made it so you might have a distorted amount of criticism of your graphic. Try asking someone for their honest opinion.
  • Making your character perfect is impossible.
  • Make diverse characters.
  • The point of 'quality not quality' means that even though you wrote a 5k post, it doesn't mean that it's good. Sure, it could be the next big thing, but it could also be the next failure.
  • Be critical of yourself.
  • Take your time in your posts.
  • Try to improve as a writer.
  • If you want to write well, then make it as realistic as possible.
  • Not everyone's a special snowflake, but nobody's the exact same.
  • Don't go around picking fights
  • If you suck at something, do something about it. Stop complaining if you gave up after trying for 5 seconds. You won't wake up with magical powers at anything, even if you have a talent at it. Even people with perfect pitch need to learn tecnique.
  • If you need inspiration, there are a ton of playlists on Tumblr.
  • If you need help, RPHs aren't limited to Tumblr roleplayers.
  • FCs aren't everything
  • Try to find new FCs yourself.
  • I will blow up on you if you make all of your characters super nice.
  • I don't hate you till you go around telling everyone that I hate you.
  • Colour themes help, but don't use a colour palette that's a bunch of different shades of a colour.
  • Do try to be original.
Back to top Go down

Random Tips
Page 1 of 1