Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
IvySeeker

Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] Empty
PostSubject: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 9:55 pm

Dawn Morgan

"I swear it was an accident!" Dawn gestured meaninglessly, her eyes flickering between the skeptical nurse and the burn on her thigh. "I mean, who willingly falls off rock wall?" She grinned sheepishly as the older lady tsked and searched around for her supply of ambrosia. "This is the fourth time you've been in here this week. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you got injured to get out of training." Dawn blanched and protested mildly, her expression one of indignance. She scrunched up her nose and glanced out of the window, making a mental note that she was currently missing her Ancient Greek lesson. Good. Not intentionally though- But it's okay, that lesson is a bore anyway.

Last edited by IvySeeker on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dariennesim

dariennesim

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:59 am

A daughter of Apollo wrapped his hand, smiling giddily. "You shouldn't use it much. Unless you like'd ambrosia. I've got some in my cabin. You could come by and get some," she offered, batting her eyes profusely.

"I'll live," he told her. What was her name again? Anna? Diana? She'd been flirting with him the entire he'd been in the infirmary. There was nothing wrong with her, but he preferred being alone. Well, that, and the fact she was trying way too hard.

He stretched on the infirmary bed, once the Apollo girl left, realising that he wasn't going to accept her offer. He clenched and unclenched his fist. It wasn't that bad. Just a cut from sword fighting. He'd done worse.

The son of Nyx sighed. He was bored with camp. He supposed a part of him got injured on purpose. After all, which was better, lying in the infirmary, or having to learn? He turned left. A blonde girl sat on a bed, a bad burn on her thigh. She looked at him, so he waved.
Back to top Go down
IvySeeker

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:33 am

Dawn Morgan

Dawn blinked slightly as she met the eyes of another boy. Had she seen him around before? Perhaps, for he looked vaguely familiar, yet she could not place his name, or which cabin he was from. Suddenly, her attention was directed back to the nurse as a small piece of ambrosia was thrust into her palm. Out of familiarity, she brought it up to her mouth and nibbled at it, enjoying the taste of warm raspberry muffins. Dawn's eyes slid shut as she swallowed the last of it, grinning cheekily at the nurse. "You know I only come here for the food," She joked, earning her an eyeroll and a reluctant chuckle. Dawn winced slightly as a the nurse started to wind a bandage around her thigh, hissing softly as pain sparked from the contact. At least the ambrosia was helping by a bit, after all, she had only been given a minute portion, considering there were more severe injuries that needed it.

Suddenly, a movement from the front caught her eye and she turned her gaze to find the boy waving at her. Not at all perturbed or caught off guard, Dawn grinned and waved back cheerily. Out of curiosity, her eyes inspected his body to see what he had been sent here for, and they stopped at his bandaged hand. Finally, the nurse gave her the good to go, and Dawn hopped carefully off the bed, and limped slightly to the boy. "Hey," She greeted, before nodding her head to his hand, "Whatcha in for?"
Back to top Go down
dariennesim

dariennesim

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:28 am

He raised the hand wrapped in cloth. "Sword cut, courtesy of Cabin Five," he replied. Normally, he'd have stopped there. He wasn't one for conversation. But he continued anyway. "Got that from the forge?" he asked, pointing at her leg.

Before she even replied, he knew that wasn't the case. Her fingers were long and slender, not big and calloused. The forge wasn't the only place to get burns. And while she had a glow, it wasn't fire. It was light. Soft daylight. It intrigued him, remembering his name's other meaning. He shrugged it off. He thought about it too much to care anymore.
Back to top Go down
IvySeeker

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:04 am

Dawn Morgan

Dawn winced on behalf of the boy. He didn't seem at all in pain, but Dawn particularly disliked swordplay. It definitely did not have anything to do with her inability to wield a sword, nope, not at all. At his question, she shook her head before replying, still feeling pretty embarrassed by the earlier incident that had led her hear. "Er, no. Well... You see... I kinda saw this huge creepy grasshopper while I was climbing the wall, and.... Yeah. She trailed off sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck with one hand.

"Sorry, but, I don't seem to recall your name?" Dawn said apologetically, while raising one eyebrow inquiringly. "Oh! The name's Dawn, by the way, Dawn Morgan. Daughter of Aurora at your service!" Dawn held out one hand to the boy, still grinning.
Back to top Go down
dariennesim

dariennesim

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:03 am

He tried not to smile as she relayed the event that led her to the infirmary. She then introduced herself and held out a hand. She'd reached out her right hand, the hand he'd injured. To see her reaction, he reached it forward. "Nox, son of Nyx." He positioned his mouth at her ear, and whispered in a low voice. "What sort of services do you offer?"

The way her eyebrow perked up quizzically was adorable. She just seemed so cute, like an accident prone puppy. No. He couldn't do that anymore. Not after the drama with that one Aphrodite girl way back. Things had ended messily, and Cabin Ten still gave him dirty looks about that ancient history.
Back to top Go down
IvySeeker

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:11 pm

Dawn Adeline Morgan

Dawn blinked, realizing that the boy had held his hand out- His injured hand. "Sorry, sorry! I forgot!" Hastily, Dawn dropped her right hand and raised her left, feeling rather awkward. "Nox?" The girl murmured, trying to commit it to memory. Gods, she was bad with names. "Just Nox? Nothing else?" Dawn urged, judging his foot with her good one. Abruptly, she froze when he was suddenly that close to her, his breath tickling her ear. What did he mean? Didn't he know that what she said was just a figure of speech?

"S..Sorry?" Dawn stammered, staring uncomprehendingly at Nox, "I don't understand. I mean, it's a figure of speech, you know?" The girl was just plain confused, having not picked up the actual meaning of the boy's words.

A girl in her own world

OOC: Just testing out a new posting template xD

Last edited by IvySeeker on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dariennesim

dariennesim

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 5:26 am

He smirked. She was too easy to mess with. The baby was giving him the candy, really. "It's just Nox, nothing more, nothing less. And you really shouldn't give empty promises. I feel cheated now," he told Dawn, injecting as much mock hurt as he could in his words. He got up. "I really can't trust you now. And that's just too bad, because you seem like nice girl."
Back to top Go down
IvySeeker

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 8:16 am

Dawn Adeline Morgan,

Dawn frowned, "I am sorry!" She protested, "How was I supposed to know that you couldn't tell a figure of speech from normal words? The girl crossed her arms across her chest in mild annoyance, sticking out her bottom lip a little. I thought he would have known what I meant, I mean.. Everyone knows it, don't they? The more Dawn thought about it, the more suspicious it seemed to her that he was oblivious to this quite obvious way of words. "W.. Wait! You tricked me! You knew what I meant!" Dawn gasped, poking one finger into his chest, "You're so mean!"

a girl in her own world.

Last edited by IvySeeker on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
dariennesim

dariennesim

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 8:42 am

Nox put his hands up in surrender. "Fine. I apologise, Morgan. But you never really understood me."

The faint sun ray that broke through the infirmary's windows shone on Dawn, like it was attracted to her. He knew it well, because that's what happened to him, only with shadows.

"I'll play it fair, sunshine. I'll do you a service. So name it."
Back to top Go down
IvySeeker

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:31 pm

Dawn Adeline Morgan,

Dawn shook her head again, confused, She hadn't really understood him? What did he mean? Dawn was sure she understood him as clear as day. It wasn't like he was speaking Chinese or something. "A service?" Dawn murmured thoughtfully, tapping her chin with a finger. "Do you wanna go somewhere else to talk?I'm sure someone needs this bed more than you do." Buying time- That was what she had been subconsciously trying to do. "And about that service, let's keep it as a favour you owe me, shall we?"

a girl in her own world.

Last edited by IvySeeker on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dariennesim

dariennesim

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 3:44 am

He shook his head. "Im rather content, actually. You go ahead and run along. I quite like this bed," he answered. It wasn't as if he were really being that inconsiderate. Not half the infirmary beds were full. What this Aurora girl was really doing, was just moving them. She was lingering.

"And about that favour, I suggest you ask soon. Because I have a terrible memory," he said, before stretching his legs out on the bed and closing his eyes.
Back to top Go down
IvySeeker

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:00 am

"Fine then, sit here and grow a fat bum for all I care." Dawn huffed. It wasn't as if he broke both his legs or something, he just had a stupid cut on his hand, that was all! "Why not just write it down?" Dawn beamed, pulling out an orange Sharpie from her pocket. Without asking, she grabbed his uninjured hand quickly to turn it over and wrote: I, Nox, hereby owe Dawn Morgan a favour.
Back to top Go down
dariennesim

dariennesim

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:37 am

He shrugged, reading the words over. "Nothing lasts. Not even sharpies, sunshine," he said. That he knew from experience. Not even people lasted. They left eventually, in whatever way they did. No one stayed, no one cared to. That's why he began to leave, too. Permanent was not in his vocabulary. "Why've you got a sharpie in your pocket anyway? Were you not climbing a rock wall that ran lava down while closing in on its challenger? So you got burnt?"

Her handwriting was nice. Neat, cursive penmanship now stained his hand, and the words were already carved into his memory.
Back to top Go down
IvySeeker

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 7:48 pm

Dawn Adeline Morgan,

Dawn froze at his words, a profound change coming over her expression. Nothing lasts, nothing ever lasts. They echoed loudly in her mind, running in harmony with her increasing heartbeat as they cracked the mental walls that she had erected around the memories of the Bad Time. Dawn had pushed those memories away long ago, locked and hidden in her mind, gathering dust. Her smile faltered and vanished, and the light in her eyes were snuffed out to be replaced only with despair and confusion. Images drifted around her eyes, of a time when she was alone, with no idea of what to do, what to believe, who to trust- And of who could be counted on to stay? "You're right" Dawn whispered, sounding uncharacteristically sad, to herself."Nothing ever does."

Shaking her head, Dawn shoved away the memories and dragged a wobbly smile onto her face. I need to stop freaking out in front of people. "I have lots of things in my pockets," She reached in a hand and grabbed all the stuff inside them."Here, I'll show you." And so, out came a bunch of different colored sharpies, a sketchpad, a paintbush, a ball of pipe cleaners and a key chain of a sheep. "See?"

a girl in her own world.
Back to top Go down
dariennesim

dariennesim

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 8:09 pm

Her smile had vanished. He'd meant to be funny, but he must've said something wrong. Happy, perky Dawn had been replaced by manic depressive Dawn. But quickly as it left, her grin returned, twice as fierce. And a million times as fake, he thought. When you've been shipped off from one foster home to another, you tend to develop the brightest smile, but that smile is the most false. That had given him the ability to tell when others were faking smiles too. Although in Dawn's case, she wasn't really good at covering up.

She grabbed a collection of knicknacks from her pockets. The variety was weird. Several coloured markers, pipe cleaners and a sheep key chain. "That's... nice. I think you're actually a child of Hermes," he told her. He sighed inwardly. He didn't really want to talk, he never did. But he'd waved out of politeness, and she came to him rambling on. Then of course he couldn't resist teasing her.

He allowed himself to take a good look at her. She wasn't ugly, but he'd seen better. She had soft brown hair in a mess on her head. She hadn't neatened it from her brush at the Wall. Her eyes were a kind, sunny shade, all warm and inviting. They reminded him of his father's, because, well, they just seemed so homely.

But I don't have a home, Nox reminded himself.

"I thought you said you were leaving, he said coldly. It was better to be alone. That way, no one could hurt you.
Back to top Go down
IvySeeker

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 8:19 pm

Dawn Adeline Morgan,

The girl shook her head yet again, "Wrong, I'm a child of Aurora. But close enough." Dawn fidgeted yet again, before grabbing all her stuff and shoving them haphazardly back into her pocket, pausing only to inspect the keychain. "Hey, do you want this? Dawn queried, "I really don't have much use for a keychain. She dangled the thing from her fingers, running her eyes over the grinning sheep face and the white fluffy parts that comprised of the wool. It was in good condition still, and the only part that made it seem less than new were the bits of pocket fluff sticking to the wool. She brushed them off easily before tossing it carelessly at his head, plopping down on the bed- but leaving a space of three inches between them.

"Nope," Dawn declared, popping her p. "I never leave. I stick to you like honey on your hair and bubblegum on your shoe." She sent him an actual grin to go with it. Though her words sounded cheerful and extremely Dawn-like, there was a hint of seriousness running underneath. I never leave, not like my father.

a girl in her own world.
Back to top Go down
dariennesim

dariennesim

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:57 pm

He stared at the key chain for a moment, then snatched it off the bed, placing it in his own pocket. He didn't need it. Maybe he shouldn't have taken it. But he wanted it. Not the gift itself, but it'd been so long since anyone had given him a present.

She was so close to him. Perhaps that would be something to other guys, but was a tad bit annoying to him. All girls loved that whole bad boy image, and he'd gotten a fair share of girls vying for his attention, hoping he'd change for them. It was stupid, meaningless, unnecessary drama. That Aphrodite girl had been his first girlfriend, and as far as Nox was concerned, his only, at least until his life straightened out. Most girls tried too hard, though, and Dawn was, well... He couldn't tell.

She was happy then depressed. She was so dense, too easy to fool that it had yo be feigned. Sure, he'd had to be extra street smart as compared to most, but Dawn was far off the other end.

Then she said it. She'd never leave. He didn't know if she was trying to get to him, but she was certainly in his head. "You know, some people call it being a stalker," he teased, face deadpanned. Then he grinned. "But that's okay. I know with devilish good looks, girls can't turn away. Besides, I've always loved a little paparazzi."
Back to top Go down
IvySeeker

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:43 pm

Dawn Adeline Morgan,

Dawn's smile grew a little bit wider as she watched Nox pick up the keychain, and kept it instead of rejecting it. It seemed so odd that a guy like him would actually keep something like that. Maybe I shouldn't judge by appearances, right? Dawn could imagine him finding some discrete place to hide the keychain- or a dustbin where he could get rid of it without her noticing. Though she didn't much care for her keychain, it still hurt. At least he took it.

"Who, me?" Dawn blinked innocently, a glint in her eyes betraying her feigned ignorance. Then she broke out into little giggles. "I'm sorry, but I seem to have forgotten my camera."

a girl in her own world.

OOC: Sorry for the short post, cold hands and a stiff keyboard is not a good combination.
Back to top Go down
dariennesim

dariennesim

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:57 pm

"I know you wish you had one. That way you'd be able to take my picture and stare at it all day," he chuckled, Dawn's laughter contagious. He placed a hand on his pocket, seeking the shape of the key chain through the cloth of his pocket. It was stupid, but he didn't want to lose it. He never got nice things.

He sighed. Why had she given him the key chain, though? Obviously, they didn't know each other. And Nox had learnt not to trust easily. The faster you trusted, the faster you were betrayed. Yet, as Dawn stood in front if him, he couldn't help but feel like she wasn't like that. Like she was innocent.

He got off the bed. Camp was for training, but making friends. He should know that. "It's been nice talking to you, but strawberry picking awaits."
Back to top Go down
IvySeeker

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 8:06 am

"Yeah, and I'd frame it and put in on my wall, next to the picture of my granny." Dawn snorted, her lips titled upwards in an amused smile. Not that she had any pictures of her grandmother though, on her mortal side of the family. But Nox didn't need to know that. Laughing and bantering with him was easy, as if she'd known him all her life. But she hadn't.

There was so little she knew about him, so little of his past, and of his tendencies. Dawn wasn't being nosy, but merely afraid that he would leave, just like everyone else. "I should give him a chance, not everyone's the same." As he mentioned something about strawberry picking, Dawn gasped and stared at the sun in the sky. It was too low. Before he could even get up, Dawn nudged past him and sprinted out as fast as her burnt thigh would let her, calling over her shoulder, "I'm late for art! See you around Nox, and don't wash your hands!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]   Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accidents Happen [Private Ivy and Darienne]
Page 1 of 1