Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
IvySeeker

This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer] Empty
PostSubject: This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer]   This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:07 am

Dawn Morgan

Faint yellow light streamed into the forest, the gentle waves of dawn shining spotlights onto patches of cool, green, earth. The forest was fairly quiet, save for the twittering birdcalls and the soft subtle undertone of the cicadas. Animals were awakening after a night of slumber, and among them was one who stood out. A girl of light brown hair and oddly colored eyes was standing in the middle of a clearing, her amber orbs fixed intently onto the splash of orange that was creeping into the lightening sky.

Dawn Morgan breathed in a breath of the cool morning air, a blissful smile as she reached her hand upwards, running her long slender fingers between the threads of dawn light. The golden strands of light twirled easily around her fingers, and she grasped them carefully, guiding them down into the open mouth of an empty vial.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer]   This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:37 am

This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer] 9Hhep

ıııııııııııııııııııııııııı

Alec leaned against a tree, staring at another demigod who was apparently unaware of his penetrating gaze. Or presence, for that matter. How anyone could get so obsessed with the morning rays, the son of Hades couldn't understand. Was it her lineage? Or that she possibly had issues, mental or otherwise?

As he watched, the demigod suddenly manipulated the dawn light, guiding it into a vial. Interesting. I suppose she's a daughter of Eos then, Alec mused. He really had nothing else to do that morning, so he waited to see if the girl would notice him, and perhaps he could get some boredom off with some entertainment.

Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
IvySeeker

PostSubject: Re: This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer]   This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:53 am

Dawn Morgan

Blissfully unaware of the presence of a boy behind her, and she continued with her little daily routine. Dawn eased in the threads and gave the vial a tiny shake to make sure they were all settled before retrieving the stopper from her pocket and sealing the vial. Once closed, the threads of light within the vial began to glow softly, a contrast to the slightly darker surroundings. Dawn peered one last time at it, satisfied, before releasing it and allowing it to fall back against her shirt. Normally, she would keep it hidden behind it, but since there was no one around, she let it be.

This done, the girl pivoted easily and moved to return to the path that brought her here when she caught sight of another pair of eyes. Her own widened in a mixture of surprise and shock, and Dawn's hand immediately twitched to her pocket where her weapon lay. Woah, relax, he's just another camper. She forced her hand away from her pocket and clasped her hands in front of her, slipping a smile onto her expression. "Good morning,"
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer]   This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 10:59 am

Alec was unperturbed by the girl's reaction. Then he tilted his head as he considered her statement for a few seconds, and remarked in his quiet accent, "Quite a bore, it would seem. Not what I'd call particularly pleasant. So, morning." He eyed the bottle, before nodding at it, an unspoken question in his eyes.

Back to top Go down
IvySeeker

PostSubject: Re: This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer]   This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:11 am

Dawn Morgan

Dawn's smile slipped a bit at his words, but she perked up instantly, strolling over to him casually and poking his shoulder. "Come on, don't be like that. You're alive, are you not?" So many things could happen while one was asleep, and it was basically a gift that you could wake up to another dawn. Her eyes followed the direction of his querying gaze and landed on her vial, realizing it was still out.

"Oh, this? This is something I use to store the dawn light in, in case I need it in the day," Dawn explained, fingering the cool glass of the vial.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer]   This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:44 am

Alec raised an eyebrow. "You can't be too sure that I'm not half dead," he suggested, moving a pace away. He wasn't used to being close to others, at least, not after his previous incident. Still, what he said was in fact truth. He was half son of the Lord of the Dead. Despite that, he could feel a slight urge to smile. Then became amused when the thought of smiles being contagious was literally true. He gave a wry smile, because of the absurd soilioquy he was having in his head.

"I see," Alec paused, then looked at the camper. A question formed on his lips, and he asked curiously, "Are you always this.. perky?"

Back to top Go down
IvySeeker

PostSubject: Re: This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer]   This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:56 am

Dawn Morgan

Dawn waved a hand, "Even if you were, you're half alive. So that's that." She arched one eyebrow at the boy as he moved away, but she remained where she was. People needed their personal space, didn't they? Personal bubble, they called it. So by poking him earlier, she had in fact poked his personal bubble. And we all know what happens to bubbles when they get poked. The girl giggled softly at herself, her fingers absentmindedly twirling another stray strand of sunlight into a circle.

"Me, perky?" Dawn questioned, an incredulous expression on her face. "Gosh, no! Have you seen some of the other girls? I'm not as perky as they are." She protested mildly, shaking her head with a bemused smile replacing her earlier expression. It was true! She could be classified as mild, if she were to be compared to say.. An Aphrodite girl.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer]   This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 5:25 am

"Oh. You're one of those buoyant, optimistic campers," Alec stated, suspicions confirmed. He heard her giggle softly, and nearly backed away again. Aw man no. Did she have issues too? He gazed at the tendril of golden light for awhile, then brushed that earlier thought aside. You're half mad yourself, Alec. An unexpected visitor intruded on his thoughts, as they had since he was young. Stop bothering me, he shot back absentmindedly, knowing it was actually true.

Alec shook his head. "Not exactly, no." He had met loads of other girls, who were indeed perky, but not as.. highly positive as her. Alec reined in his irritation at the girl's cheerful attitude that was beginning to rub off on him. He had no intention of following suit the random giggling and perkiness, whatever she might say. One crazy random friend in his life was enough for him, especially that one.

"So you came out into the forest to collect sunlight." Alec stated, amused. Sure, not many campers made it a big deal to stay out of the forest. They were demigods after all. But neither would they choose such a part of camp to see the dawn. This girl, how she took so much delight in the simple morning environment, intrigued him. Likewise, not many people tended to stay near him after knowing of his lineage. And since the girl apparently wasn't aware, Alec decided to stick around for a bit. I can always leave before she finds out.

Back to top Go down
IvySeeker

PostSubject: Re: This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer]   This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:55 am

Dawn Morgan

Dawn shrugged in response, "Only because that's how I seem to you now." She inspected the ray that was now woven between her fingers and shook it off, watching it drift back into place. Was she always this happy? Dawn knew there had been a time when she wasn't like this- Just a short period when her father had left her. Dawn remembered being so confused, spending meaningless days searching for answers she couldn't find. Even now as she thought about it, a shudder ran through her body as she relived the echoes of past memories. Sure, Dawn knew she had it good compared to other campers, but it didn't mean she wasn't hurt.

"Yes, I do. It may seem odd to you, but it makes sense to me." The girl stated, a familiar light returning to her eyes as the boy had mentioned one of her many favourite topics to talk about. "You see, because the light isn't as concentrated, I can focus more on each individual ray." At this she blushed, realizing how odd she must have sounded just then. It was true though- Dawn found the sunrise much more beautiful when she could see the beauty in each individual strand of light. "While we're ob this topic, would you like to come see the sunrise? It's lovely if you watch it from the right angle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer]   This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This little guiding light of mine. [Ivy and Summer]
Page 1 of 1