Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Lessons Learned [Self-Para, Fiction, Call It What You Like]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Lessons Learned [Self-Para, Fiction, Call It What You Like] Empty
PostSubject: Lessons Learned [Self-Para, Fiction, Call It What You Like]   Lessons Learned [Self-Para, Fiction, Call It What You Like] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 6:32 am

Aphrodite De LaMarco
Lessons Learned

The story I'm about to tell doesn't begin with the main character. In fact, the main character doesn't appear until much, much later...

'You know that my Daddy is much richer than yours? I get to go shopping every day!' a young brunette girl boasted, no older than eight years old.
The little blonde girl who she was playing with looked up, the faint smile falling from her face. She wore a petite pink dress, and her blue eyes clouded over in confusion. She was barely five, and didn't understand what the girl was getting at.
'Judy, we're playing dollies! We're not talking about our daddies!' she exclaimed, holding up the black haired Barbie to prove her point.
However, the brunette girl, Judy, laughed and stood up, walking around the large room. The two were playing in the blonde's house, with their father's speaking downstairs. The dolls were strewn around, in the oddest of places. A red haired doll was hanging from the lampshade. A brunette doll was on top of the wardrobe, barely sitting.
'Judy, sit down. If daddy comes up, it’s gonna be to say you have to leave, and Maria hasn't gotten married yet,' she looked angry for a moment, and then she shook her head, turning.
'I don't want to play with dolls. I want to go and get some food.'
Judy pouted, and the young blonde girl shook her head, her eyes flashing.
'I don't want to go downstairs. You can either play dollies with me now, or I'm gonna ask Daddy can you leave.'
It was surprising how much a five year old could look like someone five times her age, but she pulled it off. However, the brunette girl laughed wickedly, leaning down, right into her younger friends face.
'You don't scare me. Now I want to go downstairs or else Maria... well let’s just say she's gonna get it.'
The blonde gulped her face paling. All her life she had owned Maria, the black haired Barbie with a wardrobe bigger than Judy's. And the fact that her friend was threatening the doll hurt her a lot more than if she had simply insulted her, or worse, hit her.
'We can go downstairs yup,' she smiled, standing from the hard wood floor and clutching Maria to her.
'Good,' Judy said, a hint of malicious glee coating her beautiful voice.
Downstairs, the two girls walked quietly through the enormous house, coming to the stairs that would lead to the modernised kitchen in the basement. It was a black and white type design, made only a few months before. While the whole house had incredibly large rooms, this was the largest, with a dining room at the bottom. Taking up most of the basement, the two children knew their fathers would be in the drawing room, because the kitchen was too big for such small matters.
Judy strode in front of her young accomplice, shuffling through the cupboards, while the blue eyed girl sat on one of the high chairs, putting her beloved doll on the counter in front of her.
'Do you have chips? Chocolate? Coke? My Dad always buys me caviar, but I suppose you don't have that,' Judy said snappily, looking in the fridge.
'We have chips in the top left cupboard. Chocolate is in the other fridge. Coke too. Caviar is in that one, top shelf,' her friend said sweetly, understanding the fact that Judy was showing off.
Her nostrils flared, and Judy turned.
'You eat caviar?' she asked, her voice carefully controlled as the girl nodded.
While the brunette ruffled through the fridges and cupboards, the blonde girl got down from her seat, her doll forgotten.
'I'll be back soon,' she said softly before continuing, 'I need to go to the toilet.'
With barely a nod from her friend, she was gone.

'Maria!' the shriek could be heard throughout the house, followed by the long wail.
Judy laughed as her blonde haired, blue eyed friend cried in front of her, over the mangled, destroyed remains of her first childhood toy.
'What did you do?' she said in a horrified voice, picking up the now unrecognisable doll.
Judy continued her horrible laughter, unable to speak, knowing she had received the reaction that she had wanted.
She wouldn't tell her that she'd found bleach under the sink and that Maria had took an unplanned swim in a sink full. She wouldn't tell her about the lighter that had been in one of the drawers, or even the scissors.
Instead all she could do was smile and laugh at the hair on the ground, at the burned remains of chopped off limbs, of bleached white hair that had been charred on the ends. And of course her new enemy, born from a friend.
The two fathers rushed in, and saw the younger girl wailing on the ground.
While the brunette one scooped up his brunette daughter, the blonde one looked down, disgusted.
'What happened?' the brunette, Shaw, asked.
Judy looked up with wide eyed, innocent eyes, tears filling them.
'She tried to chop off my hair! Then she said she'd burn it instead. Look, she got bleach on my finger!' she held up her left hand, which had been dunked by accident into the sink.
'Is this true?' he asked, glancing to the blonde man.
'Is it?' he asked his daughter.
She simply cried, shaking her head, cradling Maria, heartbroken.
'If you can't control your daughter, then know that Judy won't be over here again!' the other man screeched, running out of the room.
'I hope you’re happy. I hope your happy about ruining that business connection, and for losing that beautiful young girl as your friend!' the blonde man shouted, pulling the little girl up by her arm, dragging her away from her doll, bending down and shouting in her face.
'Stop Daddy! Stop please!' she screamed, her tiny heart beating hard in her chest.
'I hope you’re happy, because as of today, you don't get treats. You don't get toys, clothes, a new doll, because you have no respect for what you do have! Until you can show respect for the owner of this house, and your father, then you get nothing from me!'
She kicked at him as she was dragged up the stairs, up, up, up, until she was thrown into the spare room.
'Stop Daddy!'
But as the lock clicked in the door, she stopped screaming, she stopped crying.
'Daddy?'
There was no answer.
And the petite blonde fought back more tears as she crawled under the bed, pulling out a small box, containing a small teddy. Then she pulled the blankets from the bed, pulled the pillows, and walked quietly over to the wardrobe, opening it, making a small nest at the bottom and climbing in.
As her arm throbbed in pain, and her father banged loudly downstairs, furiously shouting down his phone, the small blonde with the lovely blue eyes cried in the bottom of the wardrobe, alone and hurt.

The meaning? To show just how cruel children can be.
This is the first in a series of short stories/paras. The main character, Aphrodite, doesn't appear for a long, long time...

Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
kenzie
Buttface
kenzie

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned [Self-Para, Fiction, Call It What You Like]   Lessons Learned [Self-Para, Fiction, Call It What You Like] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 6:09 pm

Vina. You did not use comic sans. Tell me you didn't use comic sans.
Back to top Go down
http://saargent.tumblr.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned [Self-Para, Fiction, Call It What You Like]   Lessons Learned [Self-Para, Fiction, Call It What You Like] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 6:52 pm

I didn't use comic sans XD Its Kristen ITC bby, dont worry /pets
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lessons Learned [Self-Para, Fiction, Call It What You Like]   Lessons Learned [Self-Para, Fiction, Call It What You Like] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lessons Learned [Self-Para, Fiction, Call It What You Like]
Page 1 of 1