Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

unconventional meetings (colleen)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Moosie

Moosie

unconventional meetings (colleen) Empty
PostSubject: unconventional meetings (colleen)   unconventional meetings (colleen) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 10:34 pm

unconventional meetings (colleen) Melissa-melissa-benoist-31980859-500-332_large
KaElYn ShAw

Two months. Two months officially passed since her arrival at Camp Half Blood. Yet, it still felt like yesterday. The wounds were still raw and fresh. It was difficult looking around and seeing everybody laughing with their siblings. In a way, Kae was glad she had yet to be claimed. For all she new, she could have seven brothers and sisters who loved bonding. That would be horrible.
Kaelyn came to camp in order to help her adjust to being with out her brother and 'get over' his death. Obviously, she was failing. She had yet to make any friends, she'd never needed them before when she had her brother. In fact, Kae had yet to even talk to anyone. Maybe that would change though. Maybe she would find somebody who made her want to talk. Or even laugh! Probably not. That was going a bit far.
Kae got back to her, hopefully, temporary cabin from the arena. She was a bit overheated and slightly worn out. Maybe she would have time to change and take a quick shower before dinner.
As she stepped through the doorway, something felt wrong for a split second before she looked up to see water spill down on her.

kae's outfit
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

Location : I'm outside in your backyard. I'm surrounded by cows. You're jealous.

PostSubject: Re: unconventional meetings (colleen)   unconventional meetings (colleen) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:21 pm

unconventional meetings (colleen) Tumblr_mbt7xtSMHU1ry3ets
**Griffin**Lucas**Hewson**
Son of Hermes
unconventional meetings (colleen) Tumblr_mbuhvakUDv1ry3ets
"I don't really have a father. He just thinks he's my dad."
I sat on my top bunk, watching for my newest victim. I was pretty sure someone from my Cabin had stolen my toothbrush, and I was going to get back any one of my siblings for it. I had set up a bucket of water over the door, and it was placed perfectly. There was no way anyone would suspect it coming. And when they saw it, it'd be too late. They'd be rightfully screwed. What I hadn't expected was someone not coming in for a really long time. Like a really long time. I felt myself dozing off. My head fell forward, my eyes drooping. I snapped my head up; I didn't want to miss this. As time wore on, it got harder and harder to keep my eyes open. "Just a few seconds..." I mumbled to myself, my eyes already closing, my mind shutting off.
My eyes snapped open, my whole body flinching as I heard the door open. I shook my head, to clear it of sleep, and rushed to the edge of the bed to see who was my latest victim. My hair was rustled, and there was a mark on face from the wood that my face had been resting on. Drool was dripping down my shirt. I looked down, and decided it was best to just go without a shirt for now. I threw it off, revealing my muscled chest, and rushed to the door, grinning.. To find a girl. Who wasn't part of my family. And she was also soaking wet. I was pretty sure that she'd gotten here about two months ago and hadn't spoken to anyone since. I'd heard rumors that she'd also been summer camper, with a twin, and then she came back as a year-camper, without her brother. Most people were convinced a monster'd gotten him. The grin slid from my face. "Oh my Gods! I'm so sorry! That wasn't for you! I'm so sorry..." I looked to the girl, waiting for her to say her name. I looked to my bunk, for something to dry her with. I grabbed my shirt, and I wrapped her in it. I wasn't thinking that this might be awkward for her, I just felt really bad. "Do you want to go to the bathroom to get a towel?" I asked, looking at the soaking wet girl in front of me.
Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life
griffin's outfit
Back to top Go down
http://eternalfate.forumotion.com/
Moosie

Moosie

PostSubject: Re: unconventional meetings (colleen)   unconventional meetings (colleen) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 2:09 am

unconventional meetings (colleen) Melissa-melissa-benoist-31980859-500-332_large
KaElYn ShAw

Kae looked up to meet the eyes of the boy who drenched her. One of the better known pranksters and a son of Hermes. Probably one of the ones spreading rumors about her brother as well. This cabin was horrid. Constant stealing, pranks, and teasing. Messed up in the head was what these kids had inherited from their father. Before she could even think through her actions, Kae had shoved the boy away from her and thrown his shirt back at him. "What the hell is wrong with you people?" Although she meant to yell at him, it came out as a hoarse, broken whisper due to the lack of use her voice had gotten over the previous months. Before she could stop herself, Kae's fists had clenched and she was focusing on making him feel pain. When she met his eyes again, however, she realized what she was doing to him and broke her concentration. With a sigh, she pushed past him and walked to her bed, grabbing a pair of clothes and changing in the small bathroom. (((ooc: i can't remember if they had them or not so i'm just making it up)))
Not even a full minute later she re-emerged and threw her wet clothes are her bed, tugging a brush through her hair, mercilessly. "At least I don't need to take a shower anymore," she allowed with a slight smile. "But if you ever do that again, you'll wish you were dead!" The threat was mostly empty. Her powers were rather limited. He would have to have a very low pain tolerance in order for that to happen. "It's Kaelyn, by the way. Just call me Kae, though." The last person to call her by her full name was her twin, so, needless to say, she preferred it if others didn't. That was still a bit of a sore spot. "Are you here year-round too?" she asked, deciding it was time to try and start associating with people.
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

Location : I'm outside in your backyard. I'm surrounded by cows. You're jealous.

PostSubject: Re: unconventional meetings (colleen)   unconventional meetings (colleen) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Son of Hermes
I hit my bed as she pushed me away. As she got changed, I massaged my shoulder. She pushed hard. I picked up my shirt from where it lay on the ground and threw it onto my bed. When she came back from the bathroom, I felt the need to tell her that I hadn't expected her to come in. "Woah, I didn't mean for you to get soaked. I was trying to get back whoever took my toothbrush. I wasn't expecting you to come in. I mean, usually you only come in to sleep. Just like the other unclaimed campers," I told her. Then realizing what I'd said probably sounded mean, I quickly added, "Not that there's anything wrong with being unclaimed! I wasn't claimed for a year! Honestly... I know what it's like... I didn't talk to anyone either." I watched as the girl threw her clothes onto her bed, brushing through her brown hair. I smiled at her empty threat. I knew that she wouldn't do that. "I'm Griffin. And you can call me Griffin," I looked up at Kae. There was sadness in her eyes. A sadness I could relate to. The same sadness I had when I thought of my mother. "Yeah, I'm a year-rounder. There's no home for me anymore," I sighed. I hadn't meant to sound so solemn, but it just kind of came out like that.

Back to top Go down
Moosie

Moosie

PostSubject: Re: unconventional meetings (colleen)   unconventional meetings (colleen) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 1:49 pm

KaElYn ShAw

She threw her brush on the bed and wrapped her hair up into a bun, biting her lip as she contemplated the appropriate phrasing for her response. "Is your mother dead then?" Kae winced slightly at her word usage, it was a bit too blunt for such a sensitive topic. "I don't understand why they don't claim their children. Do you have to prove ourselves to them or something? I know who my mother is, it's her fault my brother died. So I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I know. She just doesn't care enough." the admittance came with a slight shrug. "And who would want to be here any other time? I just came to get my stuff. This cabin isn't very welcoming. No camper wants to be around a family when they don't even know their own! You guys just flaunt it! And if that isn't enough, then you decide it would be hilarious to play pranks and steal our stuff!" she ranted, upset by his dismissal of the unclaimed campers, forgetting that he would know how that was.
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

PostSubject: Re: unconventional meetings (colleen)   unconventional meetings (colleen) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 12:48 pm

Son of Hermes
I winced when she mentioned my mother. My eyes clouded over with sadness, and I slid down the back of my bed and sat on some random person's bed. All thoughts disappeared from my mind and all I could think about was my mother. It's my fault. I should have stayed up with her, I hadn't noticed that I spoke out loud. Nor had I noticed that there were tears streaming down my face. As Kae spoke again, I snapped out of my dazed state. I wiped the tears from my face and stood up. "You shouldn't have to prove yourself to your parent, but I'm pretty sure they sometimes decide you have to. It's stupid. I waited a year, and I was in his cabin the whole time. I was literally right under his nose. But that's not good enough," I stopped, going over what she said in mind. "Wait. The rumors about your brother are true? I thought they were just making fun of you. I'm sorry." I reached my arm out to squeeze her hand reassuringly, then stopped myself. She probably didn't want me to touch her. "Hey, hey! Let's not get too angry. It's good to let your anger out, but don't get mad at the person who actually knows what you're talking about. I understand. I was you, once upon a time. There were rumors about me. I can help you. You say you know who your mother is? Then see if you can find a half-sibling. If your mother had an affair with your dad, then she's bound to have done it again. You just have to look. I knew who my dad was a month into staying in his cabin. So I showed him that I wanted him to claim me. So the rumors would stop. So here's my question for you: why haven't you shown your mum that you're her daughter, and you want to be shown that she cares?" My accent had really begun to come out during my rant. I hadn't meant for it to sound so harsh, but it was the truth. I looked at Kae, waiting for her to respond.

Back to top Go down
Moosie

Moosie

PostSubject: Re: unconventional meetings (colleen)   unconventional meetings (colleen) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:31 pm

KaElYn ShAw

"I have a mum back home. She didn't give birth to me, but she is my mother. Being at home hurts too much right now. I don't think I could handle being with my half-siblings though, if I even have any," she gave a small shrug before continuing, "I just hate people talking about me. But I don't know what to say. Before I never had a reason to talk to anybody." Kaelyn sat down on the bunk underneath his bed. Her's was most likely wet since she had thrown her clothes on it a few minutes ago.

((sorry, no inspiration right now...))
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

PostSubject: Re: unconventional meetings (colleen)   unconventional meetings (colleen) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 5:33 pm

**griffin**lucas**hewson**
son of hermes
"i don't really have a father. he just thinks he's my dad."
i sat there next to her. i'll admit it, i was staring at her. neither of us spoke for a while. it wasn't uncomfortable, at least for me. it wasn't that i didn't want to talk to her; i just didn't know what to say. i moved my arm tentatively, wondering if she'd let me. my arm slowly moved towards her shoulder, the one closest one to me. i squeezed it reassuringly, before rubbing her back. i wasn't sure what to do in this situation. i mean, i had just been crying my eyes out. and now i needed to comfort someone. i wouldn't have been able to comfort her even if thoughts of my mum weren't clouding my thoughts. finally, i spoke, "it's okay, kae. do you want to know what i said to them?" i looked at her. i wasn't really going to wait for her to answer, i was just going to tell her. but i needed it to seem that i was. "i told them that they were right. i told them that my mum... that my mum.. that she was dead. i told him that she was gone. i told them she was never coming back. and i told them that were disgracing her memory, and that if she were there, she would have lectured them. and they shut up. i really wouldn't suggest doing that, though. it causes pain afterward." tears had started to stream down my face, again.
with my free hand, i wiped them away. but it was too late. my mind clouded over again. "all i can see is her face. all i can hear is her, telling me that she wanted me dead. that she wanted the monster to come kill me. all i can feel was the hurt that i'd felt in that moment. and the worry. my mother had gone completely insane. and then, just like that, she was gone. she had found the monster herself, and she'd let herself be taken. so it didn't get me." i realized only after i'd said it that i'd spoken out loud. it also hadn't made any sense. but, kae now knew everything about me. everything that had haunted me for the past two years.
i looked at her through my eyelashes, which were wet from the tears that were still pouring down my face. i waited for her to start judging me, if she hadn't already.
where did i go wrong, i lost a friend
somewhere along in the bitterness
and i would have stayed up with you all night

had i known how to save a life

Back to top Go down
Moosie

Moosie

PostSubject: Re: unconventional meetings (colleen)   unconventional meetings (colleen) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 9:57 pm

KaElYn ShAw

Kaelyn didn't meet his eyes but she could feel his on her. It wasn't exactly a comfortable moment, but she didn't feel uncomfortable either. She felt slightly out of place and a bit awkward. Fortunately, he spoke before any uncomfortable feelings arose. She nodded when he offered advice on what to tell them.
Ok, not the best advice in the world. Certainly not something she would be doing anytime soon. Kae didn't even like talking to people. There was no way in Hades she was saying that to someone! He was brave. Finally, Kaelyn looked up and nearly threw herself onto him in a fierce hug when she saw the tears in his eyes. She rested her head on his shoulder, tears running down her face as well because of a combination of her pain and his.
After thinking about what he said for at least a good two minutes, Kae said, "You kind of confused me but I think she loved you and she would be proud of you for not turning your back on her."
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

PostSubject: Re: unconventional meetings (colleen)   unconventional meetings (colleen) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 6:43 pm

son of hermes
a kind of softness passed through my body as i felt kae put her head onto my shoulder. i noticed she was crying as well. had i made her cry? if i had, i felt awful. i willed the tears to at least slow down, and they did. i wiped my nose with the back of my hand, for lack of better solution. i looked at the girl beside me. her brown hair was cascading down my shoulder. i noticed that it was really soft. despite my thoughts, i couldn't help but smile. i blinked at what she said next. "you really think so? you really think she's proud of me?" i thought about that. what had i done that would make her proud? i'd cried. i'd whined. i wouldn't talk to anyone. that didn't seem like something to be proud of.
as i thought, i remembered the folded up piece of paper resting in my pocket. i had the sudden urge to show it to kae. i took it out of pocket, gingerly unfolding it. i somewhat handed it to kae, not trusting myself to speak. a lump had formed in my throat, the way it always did when i looked at the note. i had memorized the words on it, though they were blurred to almost unintelligible blurs on the paper. the only words that you could actually see were "i love you". the last thing my mother ever said to me. i had put a piece of tape on it, so the words would be protected. i had laminated it in my own strange way.

Back to top Go down
Moosie

Moosie

PostSubject: Re: unconventional meetings (colleen)   unconventional meetings (colleen) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:54 pm

KaElYn ShAw

A rather unladylike snort came from Kaelyn when he asked if she thought his mother was proud of him. She covered her mouth, surprised at herself before laughing a bit, her face turning red. "Of course she would be!" Kae told him after she composed herself. "Look," she said turning her face a bit to meet his eyes, "I think your mother would be extremely proud of you. I've seen you around camp. Some kids are so mean and self-righteous but you don't seem to be either - at least not to me - and that is something any parent would be proud of. You're cool enough to cry with me, I think your mom would be proud of you for that, too. Don't sell yourself short."
Kaelyn hugged him again before standing up. "I should probably go get some lunch," she said turning to walk out. At the doorway she paused and looked back to him, "Um, so were you going with anyone to the dance?"
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

PostSubject: Re: unconventional meetings (colleen)   unconventional meetings (colleen) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:24 pm

son of hermes
i couldn't help but smile as kae began to softly laugh. i could feel my cheeks getting red as she told me all the things my mother would be proud of. i smiled as she hugged me, then stood up to leave, saying she needed to get lunch. i was standing up also, as i felt i should probably put a shirt on. when she spoke, it took me a moment to realize she had asked me something. "hmm? oh, no. do you know when that thing is? because i have no idea,"i picked up a new shirt and turned to face kae again. that was when it dawned on me. the dance was a sadie hawkins dance, meaning that the girls asked the guys. kae was a girl. was she asking me? oh my gods, was she asking me? what would i say? did i want to go with her? who was i kidding, yes i wanted to go with her. i had to make it look cool. i had to act cool. not as though i was hyperventilating inside. i tried to casually lean against the back of a bunk, but it was farther away from me than i'd realized and i stumbled a bit. i looked at her, smiled, and asked "why?" in what i hoped to be a cool-sounding manner.

Back to top Go down
Moosie

Moosie

PostSubject: Re: unconventional meetings (colleen)   unconventional meetings (colleen) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:37 pm

KaElYn ShAw

Kaelyn covered her mouth when he stumbled, determined not to laugh and failing miserably as she started to laugh, for the third time that day, more than she laughed in the entire last month together. Griffin seemed to have that affect on her. When he asked why, she sobered up and bit her lip, looking down at the ground, "Well, um...it's a sadies hawkins and my mother said that means the girls ask the guys so would you maybe want to go with me?" she asked nervously before looking up at him, unable to keep the hopeful look off her face.
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

PostSubject: Re: unconventional meetings (colleen)   unconventional meetings (colleen) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:31 am

son of hermes
oh my gods. oh my gods. did kae actually just ask me that? oh my gods. be casual about it. don't fangirl. casual. "umm, well, i mean, um, sure. i'd love to go with you, kae," i stumbled out. but once i'd said it, i started to feel warm all over. i couldn't help the grin that slid into place on my face. i was going to the dance with kae shaw. ha ha! i'm totally awesome! da da da dada. i stopped myself from frolicking into the west, and looked at kae. woooooooooooo! "so, um, i'll meet you there, then, since you said you wanted to get lunch. and i need to get changed, so, um yeah. gods, i embarrassed myself sometimes. i reached up and scratched the back of my head, ruffling my hair, as i waited for her answer, the grin still prominent on my face.

Back to top Go down
Moosie

Moosie

PostSubject: Re: unconventional meetings (colleen)   unconventional meetings (colleen) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 5:15 pm

KaElYn ShAw

Kaelyn met his eyes and smiled when he agreed. He actually agreed! She, Kaelyn Shaw, the most socially awkward person in existence, actually got a date to the dance. "Great! Well, I'll see you in a bit then!" she told him before running out before she could ruin anything.

ooc: i'm sorry! i forgot it was ending...do you want to just say kaelyn had to go home and they could just go on a date?
Back to top Go down
colleen

colleen

PostSubject: Re: unconventional meetings (colleen)   unconventional meetings (colleen) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 5:52 pm

ooc: Yeah!
I'm just gonna let you end this, because I need to have a shower, and I don't really feel like just ending this.
So, BOOM. This topic is over! Yay!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: unconventional meetings (colleen)   unconventional meetings (colleen) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

unconventional meetings (colleen)
Page 1 of 1