Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

rather do without [private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

rather do without [private] Empty
PostSubject: rather do without [private]   rather do without [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:40 pm

rather do without [private] Tumblr_max8rhwd6C1qk8cy8o1_500
ren uriah beckner

Ren sat on a bench and let her eyes glaze over the game she honestly wasn't invested in. She had gone to the basketball courts to relax, and she was fighting the urge to not speak up or join the small game that had formed right before her eyes. "Do you want in, baby?" the boys had asked her. The daughter of Athena had declined the offer, driven to by the pain in her muscles and the way she had been called baby by a couple guys she didn't know. Ren was too tired to really move, and she knew that it wouldn't be in her best interest to go play a game with the strong-looking, mostly Ares and Aphrodite boys. She was already appalled by their form on lay-ups, anyway...

The day before, Ren had pushed herself past her limits exercise-wise. She had ran until her legs literally clenched up and gave out and she had to fight to clear her head long enough to remember how to revive her muscles. It had scared her, being alone and pretty much defenseless in the dark woods at night, and it had left her sore as all get-out. She had been running to keep her mind off of the party that was taking place. The blinking lights and smell of rich alcohol had been practically calling her name. She was too much of a rule follower to have joined in, though. The alcohol had likely been stolen from Mr. D., and the event would have no doubt gone way past curfew. She had run, because there had been no other option. It was run, or give in and get drunk. Ren was smart, and was not about to let herself go to the social gathering.

As she sat on the bench, she flexed her biceps and felt a stinging ripple roll down her spine. She might have gone a little bit overboard on push-ups the other day, as well. And on crunches. And pull-ups. She had stopped only because she knew if she continued she would have given herself a heart attack. That's why she wasn't getting up and playing basketball, as well. And why she wouldn't be doing much of any sort of workout for the next few weeks. Her young body wouldn't be able to handle much of anything for a while. Ren wasn't sure why she had chosen to relax at "training central", but she had been lost, and longed to go somewhere familiar. Her forehead creased and she frowned and looked down at the pavement. Her bench was lonesome, and she looked dejected. She didn't really want anyone to join her, though. She wasn't ready to get pulled into anything. She needed a little time to think.

The basketball boys started talking to her again, though, and for the first time in her entire life, her mind went blank. "Come 'ere, baby. Why don't you come play a little game with us?" "It must be lonely being such a prick, huh? You can play with us. We only bite in bed." "Come on, doll, we see that sports bra, you came to play. We can play, can't we boys?" Ren gawked at the teenage sleezes and stood up abruptly, but her legs were wobbly and she had to immediately sit back down. "Your imbecile is showing. Shoo, flies. I'm not interested in banging any of you." Ren folded her arms across her chest, and the boys stared at her, hushed, but didn't move away. A few of them chuckled, but mostly, they just looked her over. She was fit, she wasn't particularly pretty, but she had a nice body, and the dirtbags seemed to notice. "I'm not kidding, leave. Do I need to dumb it down for you?" Ren's tone was becoming irritated as she realized she wouldn't be able to do anything but hope they went away. Mostly, they were just annoying, and Ren wanted nothing more than to be alone...

She could feel someone walking up from behind, but she wasn't sure who it was, or what they wanted, so she stayed calm. Another annoying athlete? Some girl wanting attention? Some adult ready to shout at the boys for not being "gentlemen?" Ren couldn't care less. The boys all had ADHD. If she ignored them for long enough, they would get bored and go away. The daughter of Athena had thought her situation through. She wasn't worried. And the boys did go away, after hardly any time at all, but she could still hear the sound of someone walking in the court's general direction from behind, and she froze, which caused her to moan. She was so weak, and so sore.

ooc: I had no idea what to write because idk what I'm doing. xD IF YOU GET THROUGH THIS GOOD FOR YOU I WANT TO PLOT SOMEHOW.

trying to be perfect
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: rather do without [private]   rather do without [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 6:35 pm

maybe i'll be drunk again to feel a little love
For one of the only times in his life Drake was actually able to say he was completely sober and for it to be true. He was hated every minute of it. He felt tired and groggy, and his head was pounding from a hang-over that always seemed to appear when he left off the juices for a few days. H normally crashed out in his bed, not having much other to do than sleep. He was much to lazy to go out and exercise even if his siblings always pestered him to do it more often. He was a chilled-back guy that just wanted to spend all his free time getting drunk, sleeping and listening to music. Was that such a bad thing? Why did he have to leave his cabin and work!? The idea just made him want to crumple into a ball of the ground and flip off anyone that walked past, although he got that feeling a lot. He really was lazy. No wonder he wasn’t ripped like other campers his age. It was too much work!

Nonetheless, the son of Dionysus found himself pulling on a pair of really tight black jeans and an oversized sweater instead of lounging around in bed all day, Drake decided to trek around camp. He really and truly had nothing better to do and no one to meet up with, so he would just wing it and see who he came across. He wasn’t really bothered with finding anyone he knew. He was a social guy, of course, but today his head was absolutely killing him and he felt like hell so he wasn’t going out of his way to try and find someone he actually liked. Knowing all the people he knew they would only just put him back on the booze. He was trying to be good and lay off it, although it was a real struggle for him. Drake really was close to the brink of alcoholism – if he hadn’t already hit it – so even being sober for a day was an achievement for him.

He found himself wandering into the basketball ground even though he was British so he didn’t even know how to play a proper game of basketball. He knew how to throw a ball into a hoop though, even if his jeans were much to restricting in the leg and ass area so he couldn't jump or run very comfortably. All he had in his closet were skinny jeans that could probably cut all circulation to his lower body if he wore them long enough, so he didn't really know what one was meant to wear when playing these type of sports games. He certainly wasn't well prepared for the activity anyway. When he had to attend camp training he was able to rustle up a pair of sweats for himself but surely they weren't suitable for anything but training; especially when they were covered in blood stains from when he had cut himself with a sword or been slashed at by a sibling. He thought he would recieve a few funny looks if he went around like that.

Drake probably would have turned his heel if he hadn't heard someone guys around his age throwing their weight around. He flicked his hair to the side, rubbing his forward and feeling his headache getting worse just from listening to their sleazy voices. Just when he hoped that they would shut the heck up, then continued with talking down to a girl that was a few feet in front of him. They sounded like him when he was drunk; sexual and rude, although he hoped that he was more successful than the losers before him. At least he was only mildly insulted when he tried to use those lines on a girl instead of threatened. Just as the teenagers realised that they hadn't got lucky and left, Drake moved forward and flipped them off from behind their backs. "You just made my hang-over even worse, arseholes!" He moaned behind them, deliberating whether he should jump or their backs but realized he would-be beaten to a pulp probably.

He stopped walking until he converse where next to the girl's feet, stopping rubbing his forehead and looking at her. She was hot, yeah, but sober Drake was quite a lot different from drunk Drake so he wasn't in the mood right now to rudely state everythinng he would do to her if he got the chance. He just wanted to sleep. He wondered why he had even left his bed, to be honest. "Damn, they seemed like Idiots." he offered the girl a small twitch of the mouth before watching to boys again with slight disgust. "They can't even use those phrases right. Unlike me, of course. I bet I could get any girl with those phrases." he mused, but his heart wasn't really in it.

ooc; haha this Is so bad don't kill me Im just so freaking tired.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: rather do without [private]   rather do without [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 2:12 am

ren uriah beckner

Ren almost twitched when she heard the British voice from behind her, using minor language to express his frustration with the athletes. So it was a boy, but this boy seemed more or less cranky, probably as cranky as she. Without speaking, or even trying to glance in the guy's direction, Ren decided she wasn't going to get involved. None of the demigods within a 10 mile radius seemed like positive influences. She didn't need to be trying to make conversation with them, or taking a side in some sort of dissolving arguement. She couldn't fight a small smile, though, as the advancing boy's words had brought forth a few mumbles and scowls from the demigods who had gone back to playing a poorly executed game of basketball.

The boy became hard to ignore as his feet stepped irritably close to Ren's. Her eyes scanned up his jeans, over his sweater, and she met his sleepy stare. Her expression wasn't quite cold, but wasn't pleasant either. She wasn't asking for a conversation, she wanted to be left alone completely. Absent mindedly, Ren massaged her right thigh as she half listened to the demigod talk. "They were." Ren chuckled, but did so dryly, not at all amused with herself. She also snorted at Drake, but cringed after her body shook and clenched up. (It was odd feeling so overworked.) "I don't think there's a right way to use those phrases. Talking about sex isn't the right way to pick up a girl." Ren raised an eyebrow and bit her lip, feeling as if she was being too harsh on the boy who was truely on her side. "You could probably use them on a lot of girls, I'm sure." Ren grinned, exposing her teeth and using the only muscles that didn't hurt, her facial muscles. "Just not me."

Ren grew silent as she focused on keeping herself from whining. She wanted to pick up a book, or go for a run, or smoke a joint, but none of her desires were really possible. She would probably lose her lunch if she tried reading, and she would kill herself trying to do either of the other options. "So you heard those guys?" Ren asked awkwardly, shifting her weight between her right and left side. Both hurt to sit on. "I'm guessing you didn't come here to partake in a friendly game of basketball? I mean, you're not dressed for it, and you don't seem to like the Neanderthals, so..." Ren was making assumptions, but she was usually right about a lot of things. "Sit down if you have a hangover. As long as you don't act like that," Ren's eyes shifted to the game that was taking place, "I don't have a problem with you hanging here. I'm not in the best of moods, but, I'll try not to perturb you. I just..." Ren stopped talking. She didn't know what she had been about to say, and she didn't really want to know. She had talked too much. She needed to relax, even if it was just for a few minutes, and it was in the chilly November wind.

Ren hugged her dull blue sweatshirt closer to her body as her sweatpants failed to keep her warm. They were black, and pretty skintight, made more slim-fitting by the grey boots she wore on her feet. They laced military style. You could say Ren looked like a real camper, prepared to fight monsters, or she looked ridiculously lazy and tired. She was the latter, but looking tough was always best for her protection. Boys like the basketball players left tough girls alone. Naughty kids didn't bother to try to persuade strong kids to do bad things. She was safer when she looked like a badass, even if she struggled to play anything but the nerd part.

ooc: you're posts are flawless, hush you. i can't play ren well because i struggle with her personality. xD

trying to be perfect
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: rather do without [private]   rather do without [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 5:06 pm

It seemed like this girl wasn’t really one to pick up the humor in his voice or behind his words, and he chose to sit down besides her and slump back in the laziest position possible. The practically-alcoholic teenager rubbed his clammy palms of the legs of his black jeans, his brown eyes going over the game that was being played before him and honestly feeling like falling asleep right there and then. Basketball was so boring! It was a bunch of tall and sweaty guys running around, trying to put a fricking ball in a hoop. It didn’t take a genius to do it successfully. He, if he had to do sports at all, just liked playing football (or soccer, as the Americans choose to have named it) or going on his BMX and sitting down most of the time. The more he thought about how much he hated exercise, the more he became surprised that he was lean and not at all chubby. It bemused him, for sure. The guys just looked so stupid in his opinion; no wonder this girl besides him had no interest.

ooc; moving over to mobile. Quality of the post shall decrease and it won’t be feely or good. Sue me.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: rather do without [private]   rather do without [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 5:32 pm

ren uriah beckner

Ren sat uncomfortably on the bench, staring into space for a while, then trying to find a place for her eyes to land. She hadn't really expected the bad boy to sit, and she didn't really like sitting next to him. He made her uncomfortable, yet there was something about him, something that interested the daughter of Athena. There was a story to him, and anything that involved thinking made Ren want to stick around. As her eyes flickered from his shoulder to his wrist, she stopped abruptly and rudely reached towards his bracelet. His sweater sleeve had bunched up just enough to reveal a white scar, one that the bracelet hadn't really covered. It had likely been moved up a bit along with the sweater. "Why?" she asked as if it were her business. Ren was very motherly and expected it was her job to help anyone who wasn't okay, even people like Drake that she preferred not to associate with. "Sorry—that wasn't what I meant to say." Her little sister had cut herself a few times. Margret's excuse had been "because they told me to," and Ren had been forced to watch her, to make sure the voices in her sister's head didn't tell her to hurt herself again. She felt a little experienced in this department, and her desire to know things nipped at the back of her mind. "You might want to fix your sleeve. That's what I meant to say. I misspoke." Ren didn't want anyone after her for accidentally insulting them, and she didn't really want to get into an already existing mess. She just felt like trying to fix things that were broken. It was in her nature. She had somehow gotten it passed down from whatever genes she shared with Hephaestus. Her uncle? It didn't matter. Things that were broken were imperfect. Everything needed to be perfect.

trying to be perfect
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: rather do without [private]   rather do without [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 6:33 pm

Drake went from being crouch and relaxed to being on edge when he felt the girl touch his skin. He didn't move at first, his soft brown hair stopping him from looking or seeing her face directly, but he wanted to curl up into a ball and scream. His split eyyebrow raised, tugging the other along with It as he thought. Slowly he leaned away from the girl and pulled the sleeve of his sweater back up over his bracelets and the few scars that stayed on his wrist over the hard years. To her first question, the answer was simple; because he had found it difficult to cope with his life at different periods of time. He had been brought up to stash drugs for his mother, watched her murdered In front of him, been told his father was pretty much the God of underage sex and booze and become addicted to the drink himself. Drake would find it extremely insulting if someone had seen what he'd been through and still judged him. "Because." He shot at her, not continuing. "I dont even know who you are, what the-" The eighteen year olf swore loudly, recieving a few looks from nearby but folding his arms across his chest nonetheless. But then the girl apoligised and Drake found himself closing his eyes and letting his head fall back to face the sky. Maybe he was just taking everything out on everyone around him. He just really needed a drink, and he had no money and his siblings wouldn't even share! He literally thought he was suffering withdrawel symptoms. "Maybe you should just think about what you say first next time. People might get angry." Oh yes, Drake was angry, but he obviously didn't show or take It out on people. At least, not all the time.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: rather do without [private]   rather do without [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 7:17 pm

ren uriah beckner

Ren wasn't bothered by Drake's cursing. She figured he was probably embarrassed, even if it was only a little, and he needed to look big. But talking down to her? That wasn't something Ren allowed. She refused to feel anything but someone's equal, and the loud demigod next to her wasn't going to make her feel like a child being scolded. "Oh? I need to think more? That's funny. You're funny." Ren would have crossed her arms had her body not screamed in pain at even the slightest movement. "Should I have said 'ew? Emo?' Or maybe you would have liked 'that's atrocious and you need to seek help. Statistic show—'. So maybe I should think a little more?" Ren put her hands on the bench, trying to push herself up so that she could stand, but she only inhaled deeply and fought a moan. She couldn't stand up. She had sat long enough for her muscles to stiffen in the sitting position, and that's where they wanted to stay.

"I don't actually think those things, but if I had thought about what I was going to say? You wouldn't have liked it any more." Ren glared at Drake and exhaled deeply, her face turning slightly red. She was mad, and embarrassed because she couldn't think if much else to say. It was true. She wouldn't have said something cold, but it would have been much more inconsiderate. It would have had something to do with blood loss and scar tissue and depression building up to self harm. She would have sounded less like a human being and more like a textbook.

trying to be perfect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rather do without [private]   rather do without [private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rather do without [private]
Page 1 of 1