Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Alternate Character Form

Go down 
+8
Starry
dean
sapphire
FudgeeBear
Zan
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Sniggle
cher
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

Alternate Character Form Empty
PostSubject: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:49 pm

HEY GUYS. Guess what? The character mods have been planning to make a new character template, and we've finally accomplished something finished it! Feel free to use it if you find it more interesting.

However, in order to help with character making, we'd like you to read it over and give us your opinion on this template. Some things you think should be added, taken away, extended, etc. Anything works!

Code for Form:

* birth certificate

Name:
          Nicknames: (if applicable)
          Godly Parent:
          Mortal Family:
          Claimed or Unclaimed:

* camp life

Year-Round or Summer Camper:
          Years at Camp:
          History: Must be at least 6 sentences long (See also: Guide on how to write well rounded character)

* the psyche

Personality: Must be at least 6 sentences long (Please include flaws in here.)
          Fatal Flaw: (Please do not make this a ‘flaws’ section. Flaws must be evaluated in the personality.)
          Dislikes: At least 3

* the appearance

Physical Description: Must be at least 6 sentences long
          Dressing Style: Optional

* the defensive system

Demigod Talents:
          Weapons:
          Pets:

* the puppet master
        (for new members only)

Name/Alias:
          Interests:
          How you found this site:

Last edited by Cher on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:56 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:52 pm

I thought we discussed just bumping 4 to 6 sentences for B3 characters?
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:53 pm

What. We did.

I thought we were just going to reduce it from 8 to 6 sentences. But we should ask the members, yo. :\
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:54 pm

Are we required to use this new template if the option "I approve of this" wins?
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:56 pm

Not necessarily the coding, but the fields will be needed to be filled out.

UNLESS someone suggests an alternative in this topic.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:04 pm

I don't understand the point of likes, dislikes, and place of birth. Like...does anyone really care about that? Or couldn't that be added to the personality description to lengthen it?

We discussed increasing the descriptions from 4 to 6 sentences for big three characters, not regular characters. :I Not everyone can write more than 4 sentences for certain fields. And yes, while many of us can, if we're capable, then we simply do. 4 sentences for those who can't seems enough to me as is.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:06 pm

I feel like 'place of birth', is unnecessary to have as a separate spot. Like, it can be just included in History or Brief History. Other than that, I don't care about the rest of it. :I
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:07 pm

They add character development. Make a well rounded charcter. Like head canons.

I can't change that right now, I'm on nobile. Could you change it for me?
Back to top Go down
➴ Katniss Everdeen
Experienced Poster
➴ Katniss Everdeen

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:11 pm

I honestly think our template it fine, just change the length from 4 sentances to 6
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:27 am

So we don't have the weapons nanananana? The talents, too? I think you can add the Play-by somethingy there. Just suggesting. /bows.
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:29 am

Gosh. I forgot. xD

I NEED DEAN RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I CANT GET ON A COMPUTER ANYTIME SOON :/
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:22 am

This new template needs a section for Weapons and Demigod Abilities/Talents plus their limitations. We don't want people going overboard with their character's powers.

And I agree with Zan. Place of Birth does seem unnecessary when you can just include it in the History section.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:53 am

What is it?
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:56 am

Could you add in a defence section? With powers and talents and weapons? -shot-
Back to top Go down
Starry

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 3:45 pm

In my opinion, it's definitely a great template, I just don't think there's much that makes it very different from the one now - other than categorizing the sections and separating some of them into the finer details.

I think it would work well if you maybe released it with some pretty, possibly personalizable coding and made it just a fancier alternative to the current template. That way, people who like basic templates or who like to customize their templates can use the current one, and people who don't know much about coding or maybe want a more organized/detailed template can use the new one.

I wouldn't really like it if it were mandatory to separate my template into named sections - but that's just personal preference and I could suck it up if the other members were fine with it. *o*
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:58 pm

No, we just decorated it. The sections aren't mandatory.
Back to top Go down
Starry

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Oh! Well, I feel kind of silly then. I'm sorry. XD
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:04 pm

I don't really think nicknames should be mandatory, because if the character doesn't have a nickname, then it might take up space on the template, but make it optional and I think it looks nice.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 6:16 pm

I love it. Some of them should definitely be optional, but adding more sentences is good, as well as providing people with a nicer template.

Good job Cher!
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 3:11 am

*glares at Bean* and Nico, we will make some optional but we just wanted to show the outline... :D
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 6:57 am

And Dean.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:35 am

Awh thank you Beanie <3
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:53 pm

So, if we make a new character, are we supposed to use this template, or the other one?
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 10:21 pm

The other one.
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:10 am

Oh dang, I just accepted someone who used this template. I mean, its been here for ages, and all the info seems adequate. Some of us don't exactly follow the template given our information is sufficient.

We should decide on it soon though.. :)
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternate Character Form   Alternate Character Form I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternate Character Form
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next